• Published 28th Jan 2013
  • 15,603 Views, 512 Comments

I guess it could be worse... - Mekapix



New worlds are just a thing of fantasy. That's what we have been told since our birth, that reality is only what we can see, hear, taste, feel and smell. Could anyone handle it if that golden rule was broken?

  • ...
44
 512
 15,603

Chapter 12

Everyone was left breathless as the two monarchs were sent sprawling across the floor. His guards moved into action and flew behind the golden armoured guards, grabbing hold of them and forcing them to the ground. Their horn began glowing green and a green sticky substance enveloped the guards wings and horns, the substance seemed to quickly stretch outwards, linking all the bindings together then pulling the guards into one large bundle of ponies.

“What the hell is going on?!” Sam cried as the changelings made their assault. The changelings then made their way over to the six girls, sending small bolts of magic at them and leaving the sticky substance where ever the magic landed.

“It was a trap! You changelings, I knew you couldn't be trusted!” Rainbow Dash said as she began to dodge the blasts, the other five girls following suit. The mare took flight and tried to fly towards one of the changelings but was blasted by another, sending her barrelling across the floor in a sticky mess.

“It wasn't us! I swear I don't know what's going on!” Chrysalis cried. She ran up to her husband and grasped his arm tightly. “What's happening?! Everything was going so well.” Her cries were met with a sharp slap, her eyes became pinpricks as she looked back to her King. The vacancy of emotion on his face sent a shiver up her spine.

“I'm finishing what you should have done long ago, I'm taking rightful control of Canterlot.” His tone was sharp and cold. He turned back round to view the situation of his plan. Applejack was trying to pry the green substance off of Rainbow Dash, Twilight was using her magic to create a shield to defend them while the remaining three were trying to wake up their Princesses. Josh and Sam were being held to the ground by two of the changeling guards, struggling to get out of their grip but to no avail.

“But why...? We were getting closer to achieving peace, closer to gaining our equality!” Japyx growled at the outburst and turned to his wife. He grabbed her by the throat and lifted her off of the ground, her wings buzzing in fright.

“You want to conform to their ways! You want us changelings to abide by their rules, even though it was them that put us in this situation?” He growled as his grip grew tighter. “We deserve their lands and kingdom, not their friendship!” He finished as he threw her to the ground. “Seeing you reduce yourself to siding with the enemy, it's pathetic. Guards! Restrain her!”

A couple of the guards flew back from the attacking group and grabbed hold of Chrysalis, pinning her to the ground. He then looked over to his children. They tensed up in fear, scowls aimed at their father formed on their faces.

“I offer you one chance my children, join me and realise the truth. We can not side with these ponies, they can't be trusted. Side with me and we will take our rightful places at the thrones of their cities, living in true peace.” He said as he held out his hand. They gulped and looked between each other, trying to think of an answer.

“Don't listen to him!” They heard. All four of the changelings looked round to see the source of the noise. “It isn't peace he's trying to achieve, it's tyranny!” Josh yelled. “Even if he takes control of Canterlot, the ponies will fight back. You'll just start a war-” The changling on top of him lifted his head slightly by his hair before slamming it back into the ground.

“B-Bastards!” Sam muttered before he was given the same treatment. Japyx growled as he looked at the two of them.

“You know, I planned to do this later but you don't seem to enjoy keeping your mouths shut so I'll take care of this quickly.” Everyone wondered what Japyx was talking about until his horn grew a bright green, the green magic shone until it became like a small beacon. The ground next to Japyx started to glow until an emerald flame burst to life, a black rectangular shape appearing from the fire. Japyx knelt down and grasped the object before pulling on it. The rectangle came out then lead to another rectangle laying sideways at the end of it, a long grey blade connected to the latest rectangle. The blaze diminished as h finished drawing the blade.

“I wonder if you have gods humans. If you do, you're going to meet them soon.” Josh and Sam became pale as they saw the King approaching them.

“No! We got to help them!” Rainbow yelled as she kept struggling with her bonds.

“We can't!” Twilight responded. “I'm trying my hardest to keep this shield up, we'll all be captured if I lower the shield! I can't even concentrate enough to use my element!”

“We can't just let die them Twi'!” Applejack replied.

“Somepony do something!” Fluttershy cried.

“Princess! Princess! Both of you, either of you, wake up please, we need you!” Rarity sobbed as she kept trying to wake up the two goddesses.

Zabrus growled and fired a blast of magic at his father. Japyx just managed to dodge it, the attack missing and destroying a piece of a column, sending small pieces of rubble everywhere. The changeling King frowned and sent a blast in return which hit his son square in the chest.

“Zabrus!” Both his sisters yelled as they rushed to his side. With everyone out of the way for the moment, Japyx approached the two humans and stared at them both.

“Now which one of you wishes to die first?” He asked.

“Arrogant prick...” Sam growled. Japyx raised an eyebrow at the ginger haired human and shrugged.

“I guess that'll be you then.” He said.

“No!” Josh yelled at him. Japyx paid no mind as he lifted up his sword.

“Don't you dare! Don't you fucking dare!” Josh shouted again, feeling something well up inside him slightly. His pleas fell on deaf ears as Japyx finished lifting his sword.

“Stop it! Stop it!” Josh cried, the feeling growing quickly. Japyx smirked sickly as he looked down at his target. Sam gulped as he looked up at his executioner.

“Stop it right now!” Josh yelled once more, feeling like he was going to burst due to whatever was inside him. Japyx looked at Josh's pained face and grinned.

“Time to die...” He muttered as he swung the sword down. Time seemed to slow down to Josh as he watched the instrument swing towards his brother.

“I said to FUCKING STOP!” Josh screamed as the feeling inside him exploded. A blue mist surrounded his entire body and burst outwards, knocking the changeling on top of him and Sam into a wall as well as blasting the sword from the changeling King's grasp. Everyone in the room was in total shock from what just happened, Japyx's eyes shrunk to pin pricks in anger before he grabbed hold of the human.

“Fine! I'll get much more enjoyment out of beating you to death instead!” He shouted. Josh wasn't given a moment to think as he was hoisted into the air and Japyx's fist met his stomach. Sam quickly got to his feet but a magical push from the changeling King sent him skidding across the room. Sam lifted his head up to see Japyx punching his brother over and over again, he growled and grabbed a piece of stone from the destroyed statue. He then took off at full speed towards the changeling.

“Oi you arrogant prick!” He yelled. Japyx turned to look at Sam and watched the stone in his hand disappear into the human's fist.

“Get off of my brother!” He yelled with pure anger. Sam's arm felt slightly heavier but paid it no mind as he barrelled his fist into the side of the changeling King's face. Now Sam paid a lot of attention to his arm. His eyes widened as he saw that his arm seemed to be made of solid rock but aside from a little added weight, his arm felt no different from normal.

Japyx felt pain shoot through his entire face as the rock fist made contact. He reeled back in pain and clutched his face, he was sure the blow fractured a part of his snout and may have even knocked out a tooth or two. He could taste iron in his mouth and feel the warm, life giving liquid dripping from his nose.

“What the hell just happened?” Sam asked no one in particular as he looked down at his hand, now returned to it's normal form.

“Good question...” Josh replied as he stared down at his hands. Everyone in the room stared at them in awe. Twilight managed to shake herself out of her state and motioned to the girls silently. They quickly came back to their senses and, on silent count of three, Twilight let down the shield and fired off a few magical shots against some of the distracted changelings. Applejack took the opportunity to grab one of the changelings by it's leg, swinging him round and releasing the guard, sending him flying into a few others.

Rarity used her magic to grab hold of a few changelings then slam them into the ground while Rainbow Dash finally broke free of her bonds and flew towards the captors, quickly dispatching the changeling guards. Rarity and Fluttershy were able to take the Princesses away from the fighting and continued to try and wake them.

“No... No!” Japyx growled as he watched his great plan quickly crumble before his eyes. His eyes filled with rage, he looked over at the two humans and snarled. Japyx quickly flew to his sword and took hold of it once more, he then sped towards the two with his sword held back.

“You bastards! I'll end you!” He cried. The two were in shock as they saw the blade come down on them. Japyx threw his sword down with all his might which made him very confused when the blade seemed to be stuck on something, he looked round to see his weapon encased in a green glow.

“Give it up Father, you've lost.” Zabrus stated coldly as him and his two sisters produced magic from their horns and hands.

“Insolent little bas-!” He was cut short as he felt a hand on each shoulder. Turning round, he saw the two Princesses staring at him with a glare that pierced his very being.

XXX

“I'm so very sorry!” Chrysalis apologized for the thirty sixth time.

“Please calm yourself. I understand you must be worried but his intentions were clear, we were all targeted.” Celestia replied. A group of royal guards were escorting the changeling soldiers out of the room, taking them to the castle entrance.

“We'll take care of the guards that my husband brought but as for him...” She said sadly.

“I'm sorry but we had to do what we had to do and he must remain here so that we can make sure nothing happens to him.” Luna explained. The two boys looked out towards the castle gardens and looked upon the stony form of the old changeling King.

“Well you can't deny he makes one impressive garden gnome. I like him a lot more this way.” Josh said.

“Yeah, glad he can't be a threat now, or speak either. God that voice knew how to grate the eardrums. Rule this, revenge that, so fucking cliché it was ridiculous.” Sam replied. They turned round at the sound of hoofsteps and saw the three changeling siblings.

“We are very sorry for fath-... his behaviour.” Noctua mumbled.

“I swear we didn't know he was going to try to take over! We had nothing to do with it.” Dera stated desperately, earning a chuckle from Sam.

“Calm down, that was pretty obvious when he tried to attack you. Let's just be glad it's over now.” Dera sighed in relief and smiled.

“That's good, it'd make it really awkward to make you my husband if you thought I was a part of this.” She said in a happy manner. Josh chuckled as he watched Sam stammer while Dera made her usual approaches. Out of the corner of his eye, Josh saw Twilight motioning him over. He slowly made his way away from the group and walked over to the purple unicorn.

“What's up sparkler?” He asked.

“Josh, I needed to ask you about earlier when you... Sparkler?” She asked. Josh just shrugged.

“Trying out nicknames and stuff, nicknames always feel more friendly but anyway, please continue.” Twilight just kept an eyebrow raised before sighing.

“Right. Well anyway, since when could you two use magic? I thought humans couldn't use any magic?”

“Twilight, I know as much as you do. I have no idea what magic I used, how I used it or if I could use it again.” Josh said with a sigh.

“Do you at least know when you were able to start using magic?” After Josh shook his head, they saw Zabrus approach them.

“I believe I may have a clue regarding that.” He said. “Remember back at our home when you told us about how the whole jedi thing was a lie?”

“Technically I like to think we didn't completely, fully, utterly lie. Your guards cocked up, you assumed and we never told you the truth, never said any actual lies.”

Zabrus smirked and shook his head. “I beg to differ but anyway, we didn't actually believe your lie was your identity you see.” Josh cocked his head in confusion. “We thought the lie was that you lacked the magical power as we could feel it in your bodies.”

“You can sense the magic in others?” Twilight asked.

“Yes. If we needed to change into somepony that uses magic, we needed to make sure we are able to outmatch their strength. It's what stopped the lower ranks from biting off more than they could chew.” Zabrus then turned to Josh. “We felt that your bodies had magic inside them when we were back in our meeting, that's what really caught us off guard when you said you had no magical power.”

“But I shouldn't be able to use magic, no human has magic, there's no magic in our world. The only thing that could be called magic is slight of hand and minor illusions and I sucked at that too.”

Twilight put her hand to her chin in thought. “Maybe your bodies were like empty jugs, magically speaking. When you entered our world, your body began to absorb the natural magic in our world but because you had no output, you were unable to release any of it. That would explain why that blast of magic you made was stronger than what usual unicorns can do.”

“That sounds pretty loose if you ask me.” Josh replied.

“Well until we would be able to run tests then we can't be certain. Not to mention that this has never happened in our world before so we have no reference to help us.”

Josh began to rub his temples. “Damn, I'm happy we have magic but not knowing the stuff behind it is bugging me to no end.” He then gave a sigh and let his hands relax at his sides, a small grin appearing on his face. “Heh, I have magic. What do you think I can do?”

“Well it's evident that you are able to use force magic at the moment while Sam seems to have a kind of transformation magic, that's all we know for now.” Zabrus said. Before they could talk more, they heard Chrysalis call for them.

“Come on my children, it's time for us to leave. There's a lot to do and with our King gone, all responsibility will fall on us.” She let out a small sigh. “We may be away for quite a while we fix this mess.” Everyone made their way to the carriage that was parked just outside the front of the castle.

“Well this was... eventful.” Rarity said.

“I can honestly say I never want to have this much fun again.” Sam replied. The Queen and Princesses began talking amongst themselves while the ponies, humans and changelings said their goodbyes.

“Well I suppose we aren't going to see you for some time then?” Josh asked.

“Afraid not. It was going to take some time when we were going to announce the meeting results when we got back, now it'll take longer than ever.” Zabrus replied. He held out his hand and the two boys gladly shook it.

“I guess we'll be seeing more of you eventually?” Rainbow asked flatly, earning a chuckle from Noctua.

“We will return in time yes, this is not the last you'll see of us.”

“When you get back, make sure you drop by my place so we can throw you a party!” Pinkie said with her usual bounce. The changelings heard their names being called and began to make their way towards the carriage.

“Goodbye for now everypony, you'll see us again soon!” Dera said with a wave. All of the ponies and humans waved back.

“Well, maybe they ain't half as bad as ah thought they were.” Applejack mentioned.

“It's certainly a good thing that Equestria is gaining an ally instead of an enemy again.” Twilight replied.

“Yeah, well I hope this isn't the usual way you get friends round here. I think I'd just flop in bed and stay there otherwise.” Josh added. As the carriage made it's way into the sky, it seemed to slow down for a moment then the door opened. They all looked in confusion as two figures made their way towards them with haste. Before anyone could react, the two female changelings stopped in front of the humans and simultaneously grabbed their faces before kissing them deeply.

They broke of the kiss and grinned evilly. “Oh, and we will be having our weddings the day we return so look forward to it.” And with that, they took flight back to the carriage. Rainbow Dash and Applejack began shouting obscenities, Twilight and Rarity plugged their ears to block out the foul language, Fluttershy looked at the two in shock while Pinkie began pondering if an engagement party was appropriate.

Josh and Sam shook themselves out of their shocked stupor and sighed. “Well...” Sam started. “At least it isn't going to be boring around here.”

Author's Note:

Well that's it for their first adventure in Equestria. I hope that everyone enjoyed it and there will be more adventures on the way that I hope will be as enjoyable, if not more so than this one.

I have a whole holiday to work on new chapters so I will make I try to update regularly so look forward to it :)