• Published 28th Jan 2013
  • 15,603 Views, 512 Comments

I guess it could be worse... - Mekapix



New worlds are just a thing of fantasy. That's what we have been told since our birth, that reality is only what we can see, hear, taste, feel and smell. Could anyone handle it if that golden rule was broken?

  • ...
44
 512
 15,603

Chapter 3

A carriage had arrived at the library and picked up six ponies and two humans, the dragon staying behind in the library. Though they differed from the ponies on Earth, Sam and Josh eventually agreed to just go with it.

“Hooves and snouts. Pony enough for me.” Were Sam's exact words. Two golden armoured ponies with wings were dragging their carriage through the sky, the humans staring out of the windows at the ground and surrounding clouds.

“I feel like I'm a Princess in a fairytale.” Josh said as he gawked. Sam turned to him and gave him a quizzical look, without even needing to turn to know what his friend was doing Josh sighed. “I said Princess didn't I?”

“Yup.” Sam replied simply. The six locals watching their very odd guests bantering with each other.

“Oh!” Josh interrupted their back and forth. “Speaking of, what's this “Princess Celestia” like?”

“Well she, and her younger sister Luna, rule over the whole of Equestria and together they raise the sun and the moon using their magic. They are two of three existing alicorns in existence.” Twilight explained.

“What's an alicorn?” Sam replied.

“An alicorn is a mix of the three pony races. They have the strength of an earth pony, the magic of a unicorn and the ability of flight like a pegasus.” The two boys let out a synchronized 'ooh' at the sound of them.

'Right, ponies are like horses. A unicorn is a horse with a horn so Twilight and Rarity are unicorns. A pegasus is a horse with wings so Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy must be pegasuses...pegasae....pegasuseses? Pegasi... yeah, that one sounds right. So Pinkie and Applejack must be earth ponies since they are neither of the above.' Sam thought to himself. The carriage slowly halted and the door opened to reveal a grey unicorn dressed in golden armour.

“Good day Miss Sparkle and friends. Princess Celestia has found herself busier than she had expected. She has advised me to take you all to the throne room and she will be with you shortly.” The guard explained in his deep voice. They nodded and made their way towards the castle, Josh looked back at the guard, a certain request nagging in his mind.

“Excuse me?” He asked as the group kept moving forward, leaving him behind. “Could you say 'Stop right there criminal scum'?” The guard cocked his head and raised an eyebrow.

“Stop right there criminal scum.” He said monotonously. Josh's face became a sad smile and he waved to the guard before walking off.

“Thanks.” He said. 'It wasn't as good as I hoped.' It was then that Josh looked up and saw the others had gone on without him. He grimaced a little and ran into the castle.

XXX

Celestia sighed as she stared down at the paperwork, anxious to go meet her student, her students friends and the 'humans' that came along with them. She had finally managed to work her way through the dull paperwork. The requests, tax documents and other various papers that needed her signature felt like it took forever as her curiosity to find out about Equestria's visitors was taking major precedence in her mind. She got up as she sighed in relief, finally finishing all her work. She walked out of the room and saw her sister walking into her room, a long blue dress hugging her body.

“Hello dear sister, are you not coming to see my student and her friends? New beings entering our world is a very large issue.” Celestia stated as the dark alicorn looked over to her.

“I would do Celestia but it's time for me to rest. The unfortunate side effect of being a Princess of the night, the day is when I need my sleep.” Luna replied.

“Very well, have a good rest Luna and I'll fill you in on the details later.” The moon Princess nodded and retired into her chambers. Celestia made her way towards the throne room and nodded to a few guards along the way. She eventually made her way into the throne room, opening the door to see her favourite little group of ponies plus... one other creature?

“It's great to see you again Princess!” Twilight said with a large smile on her face. Celestia smiled back at her and walked over.

“It's very nice to see you again as well Twilight Sparkle, I believe you wanted to introduce somepony to me?”

“Of course, they call themselves humans, meet Sam and Josh.” Twilight said, still beaming at the solar Princess, Celestia just looked behind to see the ginger haired human.

“But Twilight, I only see one of these humans, where is the other?” She asked. They all turned to see Sam standing there on his own. Sam looked around himself, turning a full circle before looking back at the girls.

“I thought he was being rather quiet.” Sam thought out loud. “I'm sure he's fine, how much trouble can he get into?”

XXX

“It was an accident! I swear I wasn't trying to rape her!” Josh screamed as he shot through the halls of the castle, two pegasus guards flying after him, only unable to catch up to him due to the smaller hallways.

“You'll rot in jail for what you did!” One of the guards roared.

“But I didn't do anything and I wasn't going to!”

“Enough with your lies creature! You can't escape!” Josh ran as fast as his legs could carry him but his fatigue was growing, he never had been the physical type of person.

'Just have a rest I thought, just lay down for a bit I told myself. Why!? Damn you bear, I blame you for this!' Josh thought as the two guards started gaining speed.

Five minutes earlier

“First day, no. First few hours in a new world and I somehow get lost already.” Josh muttered to himself as he made his way through the large complex. He thought the corridors were beautiful, their tapestries and the light shining through the stain glass windows had lit the corridors like they were made of rainbows but once he had walked through the eighth corridor, he began to get annoyed of seeing the same patterns over and over.

“That room must be in here somewhere.. Oh hey a door, maybe it'll be in one of these or at least someone who can show me the way.” Josh saw a few doors in a row along the side of the room, he approached the first one and opened it. Inside the room was shelves upon shelves upon shelves of books, it was much bigger than the library Twilight lived in and in the centre of the room was a giant hourglass.

“Pretty cool but not what I'm looking for.” Josh said as he closed the door, moving down the hallway and opening each door. “Not it... Not it... Nope... Nada... Pretty sure this isn't it... Not this on-... what the hell...?” Josh asked himself as he brought himself into a very odd room. The room had a queen sized, four poster bed with a star printed blanket with matching curtains tied to the posts. The room had another connected to it just to his left, the door was slightly open and Josh could see a sink with a few bathroom essentials in it. On one side of the room was a nightstand with a large mirror, on another side of the room was a large wooden cupboard. Right next to the cupboard was a archway with glass doors that led to a balcony, curtains tied up at the side of the window. What caught his eye though was the large amount of plush animals that filled the room. There were various stuffed animals in the corners of the room such as pigs, cows and chickens in one corner. Tigers, wolves and bears in one more corner while there were rabbits, hamsters and turtles in another.

One more corner had odd looking creatures in it, a few looked like a snake with clawed legs and bat wings with a chickens head, a couple were a mix of yellow and orange and they looked like snakes with legs and multiple heads. The last in that group was a lion with bat wings and a scorpion tail. Above the bed were a few shelves filled with various different types of birds. On the bed was a large purple bear covered with white spots that looked like stars, on its forehead was a six pointed star. All the plushies were a variety of sizes and colours, the one on the bed being almost as big as Josh was.

“That is the biggest plush toy I've ever seen in my life.” Josh said as the bear had his full attention. He walked over to the bed and climbed across. “Must... hug... bear...” Josh stated as he clambered across the bed, he put a hand on the bear and felt how soft it was. It wasn't just the bear, the bed was incredibly comfortable and it was now that Josh felt how tired his legs were after walking around (what to him felt like) the entire castle.

“Just... Just a few minutes wouldn't hurt I suppose. Just a quick little lie down...” Josh said as he wrapped his arms round the stuffed bear and nuzzled into it as well as the bear. A contented sigh escaped his mouth as he eventually climbed under the sheets and held the bear while his whole body went under the covers. He fell into such a state of being half asleep in the heavenly furniture that he didn't register the sounds of talking from outside the room, neither did he pay any attention to the sound of the door opening and footsteps made their way around the room.

XXX

The Princess of the night removed her royal jewellery and used her magic to lift them onto her nightstand. She ran her fingers through he starry mane, walking over to the balcony window and drawing the curtains before removing her dress until she was only left in her underwear. Luna walked back over to her bed and climbed under the sheets, closing her eyes and enjoying the comfort of her soft mattress. She wrapped her arms around the figure in her bed and cuddled into it.

'Odd..' She thought as she ran her her hands up and down the figure slightly. 'Mr. Moony doesn't feel as soft as usual, he is really warm though...' She held it closer and smiled as the warmth filled her body. “You're really warm tonight, it feels really nice.” She muttered.

“Thanks, you feel nice and soft too.” A voice replied.

“Thanks.” She replied as she snuggled into the figure a little more and she felt the figure wrap its arms round her in return. A smile graced her lips as both figures in the bed nuzzled each other and shared the feeling of softness and warmth. It only lasted seconds as both pairs of eyes shot straight open and stared at each other, the entire world seemed to freeze in time as the others bright blue eyes. Josh's mouth opened to say something but his brain decided that nothing would come out, too busy taking in the sight in front of him. The pony was an obsidian colour with a dark blue mane, lights like stars shimmering in it as it waved around without any wind. She had a large horn and wings, the same colour of her fur. At how close they were, Josh couldn't help but notice her large breasts pressed against his chest as all she seemed to be wearing was underwear.

“Wha... Wha...” The pony in front of Josh stuttered as she took in a deep breath. “GUARDS!” She yelled in a voice that set Josh's ears ringing. She clambered out of the bed and Josh crawled backwards until he fell off the bed.

“I'm so sorry!” He said. “I didn't mean anything, I wasn't thinking I swear!”

“You thought it was ok to climb into somepony else's bed without them knowing?! Nopony could be that stupid! GUARDS, TO ME NOW!”

“Trust me, I can be that stupid. I really didn't mean anything I promise.” Two golden armoured pegasus guards burst into the room.

“What is wrong Princess Luna?” One of the guards asked.

“Princess!?” Josh yelled out in horror, now realising the gravity of the situation. Luna then pointed to Josh.

“This...”

“Human.” Josh answered.

“Thank you. This human snuck into my chambers and hid in my bed! He then proceeded to wrap himself around me and I suspect he was trying to take advantage of me!” She cried. The two guards looked over to him and growled as he tried to sneak by them.

“Stop right there criminal scum!” They yelled, causing Josh to grin.

“Yes!... Oh shit!”

XXX

“It's all just a big misunderstanding! If you'd only listen to me.” Josh yelled, the guards not taking any notice and still chasing the human. His ducking and dodging caused him to knock down more than a fair few vases and at one point he even tripped over, grabbing hold of some painting and accidentally ripped it in half. He grimaced at the damage he was causing, the guards seeming to get more enraged with each piece of damage he caused. “Help me, God! Buhhda! Oh wait, don't have those here. Lun- no wait, she's the one after me. Celes- no, that's her sister, I doubt she'll help... Sam! Sam, where the hell are you?!” Josh cried.

“Josh? Where have you been?” Sam's voice asked. Josh looked around and saw a corridor leading into what he assumed was the throne room, mainly due to the two thrones at the end. Inside was Sam, the ponies from earlier and a tall white pony wearing golden jewellery and a long white dress, her pastel coloured hair flowing in a non existent breeze while she had a long white horn and large white wings.

“Sam! Help me or they're going to kill me!” Josh yelled as he ran to his friend. Sam cocked his head and more confusion filled his face when two guards were flying towards him.. Josh managed to enter the room and hid behind Sam and the girls.

“What seems to be the problem here?” Celestia asked as the two guards entered the room.

“Princess Celestia, we found this being inside Princess Luna's quarters. She explained that she found him inside her bed and that he tried to take advantage of her.” All faces turned to the human.

“No I didn't! First, I fell asleep in her bed true but I didn't know it was hers. Second, she grabbed hold of me first, I was too groggy to notice.” Josh explained but it pretty much did nothing to explain his case. “Look, just let me explain what happened.”

“Very well, bring my sister here please. I feel she needs to hear this.” Celestia ordered. The guards nodded and set off. They managed to bring back the Princess of the night and let Josh explain his actions, the good news was that they believed him eventually and didn't press any further. Bad news was that when Celestia and the other ponies decided to give the humans a tour of the castle, Josh was kept in the throne room under the watch of two guards and Princess Luna, who still shot him an occasional glare. Eventually they all met up again in the throne room.

“Ok, now you have both had your own version of the castle tour, I think it would be best to now discuss your living arrangements.” Celestia started. “Now in the letter, Twilight explained that you two arrived here in some sort of structure. Would I be correct in assuming that the structure is your home?”

“That's right but as I left our home to come here, I found out our power had been cut. We don't have any power, running water, heat. It's more like a shed with a couple of beds at the moment. Our food will eventually go off and we haven't got any money to buy more food...” Sam explained, he quickly turned to Josh. “Wow, we are so screwed...” Celestia smiled at the two.

“It's fine, we will make sure that you get power, water and heat. We will also register you as official citizens of Equestria.” She explained. “We will even give you some bits, our currency, until you are able to gain jobs, I will also have my unicorns work on a way to send you home.” Sam and Josh beamed widely, they knelt on the ground and bowed.

“Thank you Princess, we are forever in your debt.” They said.

“That's right and we will not allow you to leave Equestria until you have paid off this debt.” Celestia explained. The two of the boys slowly lifted up their heads and stared at the solar Princess, a smile still on her face.

“Errr, what do you mean?” Sam asked.

“Well the payment for the spell to send you home will be free however the payment for the repair of your utilities, the bits we are giving you and the bits to pay for all the damage during your friends little escapade earlier will not be cheap. We understand that you do not have anything to repay with at the moment so once you two gain jobs, you will start having to pay back some bits every month. In time you will be able to finish repaying this debt but do not expect it to happen any time soon. For tonight, you may all stay in the castle as our guests while we send somepony to fix your home and return tomorrow.” She grinned like a cheshire cat and her eyes narrowed, clearly having a little fun. “We look forward to having you here in Equestria, I hope you have the best of times in our world.” Sam and Josh stayed there on their knees, mouths slightly agape. Sam frowned and turned to his fellow human.

“I blame you for this, I hope you know that.”

“I know but oh well, I guess it could be worse.”