• Published 28th Jan 2013
  • 15,603 Views, 512 Comments

I guess it could be worse... - Mekapix



New worlds are just a thing of fantasy. That's what we have been told since our birth, that reality is only what we can see, hear, taste, feel and smell. Could anyone handle it if that golden rule was broken?

  • ...
44
 512
 15,603

Chapter 15

The train ride was quiet. The two boys had gone into a private cabin to get changed into their disguises while the mares that had accompanied them were waiting in the next train cart over. The mares had taken their place at a pair of two seaters, Colgate and Vinyl on one side with Lyra and Bon Bon on the other. Now they had a moment, they decided to discuss their new friends.

“So what do you think they are going to do in order to get into the party?” Colgate asked.

“Who cares? As long as they get in and out without getting into trouble then everything'll be fine.” Vinyl replied.

“This isn't going to end well, I can feel it.” Bon Bon said with a sigh before getting nudged by Lyra who was sitting next to her.

“Ah relax Bonny. They'll be fine, you need to stress out less.” The minty unicorn said with a smile.

“Or you need to be more concerned. Blueblood is the one hosting this party and if anyone ruins it then who knows what he can have done to them.”

“Relax, we know how to deal with the snobbish bully types.” A voice from behind them stated. The mares all looked at the now open cabin door to see two figures. Sam was wearing a grey tunic with a black belt around his waist, a gold buckle on the front. Tight black trousers were on his legs and at the end of them were a pair of large brown boots, long black sleeves came out from under the tunic that covered the length of his arms and leaving only his hands bare. A red cape covered his shoulders and hung down to the back of his thighs while a red hat sat on his head, it had a long, narrow front that got even more narrow the further it went out as well as having a very light red feather adorning it much nearer to the back.

Josh was wearing white Arabian trousers with gold, curled toed shoes. A golden sash was around his waist while his torso was garbed completely in white beside from a gold trim that travelled from his waist, over his shoulders and back down to his waist. He was also wearing a cape except this one was white with blue on the inside. He wore a white turban with a gold trim that went around his head, a red jewel in the centre of his forehead and a blue feather reached out from the jewel.

“My dear mares.” Josh started. “Allow me to introduce ourselves. My name is Prince Ali Ababwa and this here is my good friend, Prince Phillip Charming.”

“A pleasure to meet you.” Sam said with a bow. The mares stood there, their mouths agape at the sight before them.

“What... Just, just what...?” Bon Bon stuttered out.

“Fictional princes from our world. Our friend had a costume party with a fictional character theme, these are our costumes.” Sam explained.

“We can't look the same as usual and using an alias is an obvious must. You want disguised, you got disguised.” Josh added.

“But you two are the only humans in Equestria! Disguised or not, you can be easily tracked down.” Colgate said.

“We thought about that. This is a social gathering between a bunch of snobby gits, correct?” The girls nodded. “Then we just suck up, snobby people love hearing how great they are. We just say that we have heard of their greatness or some such bullshit then they won't give a damn about us.”

“And if that doesn't work?” Bon Bon asked.

“We think of something else.” Sam said with a shrug. The train began to noticeably slow to a halt and a pristine looking station was outside, a sign on it stating “Canterlot”.

“Well then, time to get to work.” Josh sighed.

XXX

They soon arrived and hid in a dark alley opposite the large club. The white building was about two stories tall, the windows surrounded all sides with a bright light coming out of them. Above the door was a large sign that read "The Marble Barnyard". The door was pretty big and a small queue of ponies waited outside the entrance with a very well dressed, snobby looking white pegasus standing at the head, a clipboard in his hand. The group looked over all the ponies and saw they all had one thing in common, their faces had the same look of “I'm too important to be waiting in this line.” They could practically taste the arrogance.

“So this is the place huh?” Sam asked.

“You know, I never actually realised it until now but why the hell would a bunch of upper class poeple-ponies decide to have a such a noble festivity in a club? Surely they'd hire out a hall or something?” Josh wondered out loud.

“Image, Blueblood loves to try and make everypony feel inferior. He could just hire out a hall but then he can't brag that he has an entire nightclub to himself.” Colgate explained.

“Well he sounds like a charming guy.” Josh replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm. “So where's this cello?”

“It should be in the club storeroom on the second floor. It's got a sign saying “storeroom” on it so you can't miss it.” Vinyl filled in.

“The last train leaves at around midnight so make sure you're out by then.” Bon Bon instructed. “And please, please don't get into trouble.”

Sam nodded along. “Out by midnight, don't cause trouble, got it. You ready Cinderella?”

“Ready as ever.” Josh replied. “We've got about an hour, let's get going.”

XXX

Tailored Bell sighed as he held his clipboard, checking through the names of the guests. All the ponies that he'd let in had been complaining to him about how long they had to wait, he'd stopped caring at this point, almost to the point where he just wanted to leave and let anypony just walk in. The pay was the only thing stopping him. He let out a sigh as he rubbed his neck, tired from the constant bobbing of his head. Then another pair of guests came towards him so he resumed his routine, however when he saw the two, he raised an eyebrow.

“And, who are you?” He asked. The... thing dressed in white took a deep bow.

“Good evening sir! My name is Prince Ali Ababwa. This here is my brother and first in line to the... Saiyan throne, Prince Phillip Charming.” Josh said. 'FUCK! I really should have thought through this speech more, I don't he's going to end up asking to get slapped. I hope this works.' He thought.

“I've never heard of you.” Tailored Bell replied bluntly.

“Excuse me?! Never heard of us?!” Josh turned towards Sam and put his hands together, bowing slightly. “I'm sorry dear brother, I must have forgotten to send a letter announcing our arrival. Please, hit me if it makes you feel better.” Sam had an emotionless expression on his face and didn't move at all beside lifting his hand and slapping it across Josh's face, causing him to recoil slightly before nodding.

“Now please listen good sir, we were invited here as a sign of good faith due to us being new to your country. We replied to attend however it appears that I did not send forward our names, I implore you to allow us into this wonderful establishment so we can improve the relations of our countries.”

“I'm sorry sir but I cannot allow you in, those ponies in there might buy your act but I'm not. I don't know who you are but I can't just let you in.” Josh and Sam sighed before straightening themselves.

“Alright then pal.” Sam said. “We want in, there's something in there that we need to get out before it gets destroyed or sold or whatever Blueblood wants to do with it. Will 20 bits do?” Bell blinked a few times at how straight forward this had become.

“I beg your pardon?”

“20 bits. You get 20 bits and we appear on that list, deal?” Bell was dumbfounded by the two, were they assuming that he was so money grabbing that he'd accept bribes? So cheap? So unfaithful to his employers?

Then again, it was only Blueblood... and turning away from such easy money would be rather foolish.

“Very well, I'll take your offer.”

“Glad to hear it.” Sam said with a smile. “Ali, pay the good stallion.”

“You got to slap me, you pay him.” Josh retorted. Sam opened his mouth to protest but closed it and nodded with a smile on his face. He pulled a bag out of tunic pocket and pulled out 20 bits, handing them to the stallion who then moved aside.

“Welcome to the party gentlestallions.” The two boys nodded and walked into through the doors. Inside the club there was a large table filled with food on the side of the room, groups of well dressed ponies in colourful dresses, suits and headgear were spread all over the large room.

“Oh good, and I was worried we'd look out of place.” Josh said.

“Right, where's Blueblood first. I wanna know where he is so I can stay the hell away from him.” Sam said. The two looked around until Josh's jaw dropped.

“Oh my fucking god. They were not kidding, this guy's ego is bigger this building!” Josh said in disbelief. Sam turned to look where Josh was looking and his jaw followed his friends. They were looking in the direction of a raised dance floor, on the floor was a few more blocks of material. Each block wasn't that tall but they covered the majority of the dance floor. They were placed one on top of the other, each one smaller than the one below until they ended. On top of the last one was a white throne with golden edges, a four pointed star with four purple points coming out from behind it was at the top of the back of the throne. On the throne was a white unicorn with a blonde mane, his suit matched his coat with a trim that was gold and deep blue. He held a rose in his hand and had a smug smile on his face.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I give the biggest case of overcompensation you've ever seen.” Sam said.

“I bet MTV would have a bloody field day. At least we know who and where he is now.” Josh added. He span round on his heels and looked to Sam.

“Right, here's the plan. We split up and look for the way upstairs, a cello is pretty big so we need to find a way of getting it out. We also need to come up with an excuse if we are seen. Also, it'll help if we find different ways in and out of the building.”

Sam nodded. “I tell you what. Next time we decide to do something like this, we really shouldn't get some costumes and label 'get in and out' as a plan. We've done this stupidly unprepared.”

“Agreed.” The two of them nodded then split up into the crowd.

XXX

“Why are we here again Fancy Pants? We both know that this is just a way for Blueblood to rub the fact that it's his birthday in everyponies face.” A white unicorn spoke. She wore a long dress and had a long pink mane, her expression was clearly one of exasperation.

“Well my dear Fleur, we need to make an appearance. Granted that the birthday boy does have as much personality as a parasprite, we should still come by to be social.” Said another white unicorn. He had a blue mane and moustache and wore a monocle. He wore a tuxedo with a pink bow tie.

“Not to mention free food.” A voice said from behind the two. They turned round to see what looked like an Arabian prince putting many different foods on his plate. “You know, this food is pretty good. Usually all the high class food is like little tid bits and cold soup, good to see there's something good here.”

“I'm sorry but, who are you?” Fleur asked. The Arabian turned to look at them and it was now clear he wasn't a pony.

“Ali Ababwa. Nice to meet you.” He said with a smile.

“I'm sorry if you find this rather insulting but what are you? Where are you from?” Fancy Pants asked.

“I'm a human, new to Equestria. I'm from the Saiyan empire.”

“Saiyan empire?”

“We're up north. Way, way up north, we're fairly new. No surprise you haven't heard of us.” He said quickly. “Anyway. As I was saying earlier, there's a ton of food here. Surely this wasn't all made here?” He said.

“Of course not. The kitchen here isn't equipped for this much food.” Fleur de Lis replied.

“Then how did they get this much food in here? The table too?” Josh said.

“Well they bring it in through the doors in the backroom of course.” Fancy Pants said, confused as to why this was so important. “The backroom is just over there.” He pointed to a large door near the corner of the room.

“Oh right. I'm surprised they don't put this all in the storeroom upstairs.”

“The storeroom is just above the backroom, there's a large storage lift that connects the two so ponies don't have to drag anything throughout the building.”

“Interesting. Please excuse me, I have to visit the little stallions room.” Josh said as he turned round and walked away.

“What a strange fellow. Never seen anyone like him before.” Fleur said. Fancy Pants couldn't help but let a small smile appear on his face, his wife taking notice and the same smile appearing. “Dear, what is it? I know that smile, that's the look you make when you've found something fun to do.”

Fancy merely chuckled. “My dear wife. Didn't you notice a few odd things about that fellow beside the way he looked?” Fleur shook her head. “He said he was very interested in the food but if you look, he's left his plate here and it's clear he's barely eaten anything. He had no knowledge of the backroom however he knew exactly where the storeroom was and we both know you can't miss that storage lift and finally, he said he was going to the bathroom. The bathroom is in the other direction than the way he went.”

“I told you that you should have taken that job in Manehatten as a detective.” Fleur said before looking in the direction the odd guest went. “Are we going spying my dear?”

“Of course.”

XXX

Sam had slunk away and found that there was a hallway hidden away. The hallway contained a number of doors, Sam rubbed his chin in thought as he surveyed the entrances.

“One of these has to lead upstairs.” He let out a sigh before shrugging. “Well, I suppose I just have to check them one by one.” Sam walked towards the closest door and slowly opened it. A well dressed stallion with a blue coat and green mane was sitting on a red sofa with an orange mare that had a dark yellow mane. They were sharing, what seemed to be, some kind of cigarette.

“Hey, hey, stop hogging it!” The mare said as she took the cigarette from the stallion. His eyes were slightly bloodshot and seemed rather unfocused. The mare smoked the cigarette before her eyes seemed to go unfocused as well. “Oh yeah... that's some good joke.” Sam quickly caught on and shut the door.

“Ok, even innocent ol' Equestria has druggies. Didn't see that coming.” He moved onto the next door when he heard loud shouting and banging noises. “Oh shit, is someone getting attacked?” He quickly opened the door slightly and looked through the crack, expecting trouble. Inside he saw two stallions, one with a red coat with a red and black striped mane on top of another stallion, this one had a white coat with a short, well styled, curly white mane. Sam was about to move in to help until he saw that neither of them were wearing trousers nor underwear.

“Come on you bastard! Give it good!” The red one shouted. Sam slammed the door shut instantly and put his hands over his eyes.

“Oh my eyes!! Jesus, I didn't see that coming... Argh! That's a mental image I really don't need! Moving on!” He sped to the next door but before opening it, he pressed his ear up against it. “No moaning, thank fuck.” He opened the door and saw some DJ equipment around. Turn tables, amps, wire coils and some other equipment he didn't really recognise. “Let's see... nothing that seems to help us much. Wait, what's that?”

Sam knelt down and grabbed hold of a tube. It was long and black with both ends being flat, one of the ends seemed to come outwards a little before ending. “The hell is this thing? Some kind of cord?” Sam shrugged before he headed out of the room, carrying the tool with him. He closed the door and let out a sigh, after checking a few more doors and finding nothing of importance, Sam found the last door.

“If this isn't the way upstairs then I'm going to find whoever built this club and smack them with that pipe.” He said frustratedly. Sam opened the door and felt happier than he felt all day. “Finally, the fucking stairs!... Still gonna hit the guy who made this place with my pipe.”

Author's Note:

Much easier to write this chapter, gotta love good old procrastination though. Just got Civ 5, if there was a mod for Equestrian, griffon kingdom, minotaurs, diamond dogs, dragons and who ever else, man I'd buy that shit up in seconds.