• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 23,196 Views, 2,215 Comments

Whenever You Call - Onomonopia

  • ...
82
 2,215
 23,196

When Gods Fall

Lex moved his head to the side as Superman came screaming back up at him, before driving his knee into the Man of Steel's gut. The magic armor increased his already insane power and doubled it over Superman's. Supe was quick to recover and fired beams of heat vision into Luthor's face, which he blocked with his hand. Luthor tried for a right punch that Superman caught, and he used the momentum to flip Luthor over his shoulder, throwing him off into the distance.

"Why is Luthor so strong?" Superman asked Celestia, who simply smiled back at him as Luthor came flying back into Superman and took off with him. As the two titans began to trade blows in the sky, Celestia began to laugh.

"Finally, we will be able to bring down that foal," she said with a sneer while she opened her wings to fly off after Luthor. "Now, if you all will excuse me, there is a Superman that needs to be beaten." She launched herself into the air, but a strand of night blue magic wrapped itself around her hoof and dragged her back down to the castle. Celestia turned her head to glare at Luna, who had ensnared her. "Release me Luna."

"Celestia, who is that? Why is he attacking Superman, and how do you know him?" Luna asked in suspicion while the others looked on with the same confused expression. "Why have you brought him here?"

"That is Lex Luthor, one of the few people of Earth that will stand with me against Superman," Celestia explained with a laugh. "He is the one who showed me the true nature of Superman and the Justice Lords, and how they cannot be trusted. And I brought him here to kill Superman. Now if you-" Celestia scowled as a barrier shot up around her, with Luna looking at her in disbelief.

"Are you out of your bucking mind?" Luna screamed at her sister, who looked on with cold eyes. "Superman in not evil, Sister. How blind do you have to be to not see that? I knew that you were having trouble with those constant headaches, but to think that it went this far..."

"I've seen enough to know that he can't be trusted!" Celestia roared as her own horn flashed and blew apart the barrier in an explosion of light. "And I also know that I am the ruler here, and that what I say goes. And I say that Superman must be stopped."

"No, Sister," Luna snarled as she stepped towards her sister with her horn aglow. "You are only half of the power in this land. I also rule and I keep you in line. And you have far over-stepped that line." Luna's eyes narrowed as Celestia powered up her magic again and saw for just a brief second her eyes flash green.

"Do not do this, Sister," Celestia whispered.

"You have taken leave of your senses," Luna retorted as she started up her own spell. "And I'm going to help you get them back, even if I have to beat them into you. Girls, go to Ponyville. Make sure everypony there stays safe." RD was the first to nod and shot off towards town, the others followed shortly afterwards. Twilight was the last to leave and she looked back at Celestia with hurt eyes before turning and flying off, leaving the two sisters to begin battle. Far above the planet's atmosphere, Superman and Luthor were hitting each other with such force that the clouds below them were blasted apart from the impact.

"Why are you here, Luthor?" Superman asked as he drove his elbow into Luthor's face, but the magic-enhanced glass didn't crack. "What could you possibly gain from twisting the minds of this land's leader and taking from a bunch of ponies?" Luthor raised both hands to Superman's face and fired a twin burst of magic into it, blinding Superman. Before Superman had the chance to recover, Luthor wrapped his arms around Superman and drove him straight down, aiming for a small village. Superman saw the village approaching them at super speeds and strained to the left with all his might, barely managing to move the two of them away from the village. Superman was driven through the ground next to the village, and Luthor continued to drive him through increasingly stronger rocks. With a massive flex of his muscles, Superman managed to break free of Luthor's grasp, spinning around to drive his fist into the face plate and knock the bald business man back up the hole. He followed Luthor up and into the village, watching as his foe landed with a thud in the village center.

"Answer me."

"What do I get out of it?" Luthor asked him with a sneer as he got back up. "I get to watch you die, I get to take away all you hold precious, but best of all, I get the title of the first human to kill you. It's a win-win for me."

"I will stop you," Superman promised as he flew at Luthor again, throwing a massive right hand at Luthor. Luthor held out a single hand and caught the blow, creating a shockwave that shattered the buildings around them and sent the townsfolk running for their lives. "How...you have never been this strong. Where did you-?" Luthor clocked Superman with a surprise left and sent him flying through a number of buildings, smiling as Superman struggled back to his feet and rubbing where the magic fist had hit him.

"I became this strong because I am that much smarter than you," Lex said calmly as he started to dodge all of Superman's blows with his hands behind his back. "I took on your blood in order to finally have the power to defeat you. Yes, it was a hard sacrifice to make, but I did it for the sake of others and for these moronic ponies." Superman caught Luthor off guard with a blast of hurricane breath that sent him tumbling through the skies, followed by a Superman swinging both of his fists into Luthor's face that sent him flying even farther. Superman shot after him and watched with a frown as he landed in one of the more populated cities, tearing through the streets and skidding to a stop. Luthor brought both arms up to block another punch from Superman before slamming his right palm into Superman's face and following up with a right to the head, sending Superman flying into a building.

"And I will beat you, because unlike me, you have a weakness that is easy to exploit," Luthor said with scorn as he looked at the ponies staring at the two gods in terror. "You actually care for these lower-life creatures."

"Lex, NO!" Superman screamed as he flew towards Luthor, but Lex had anticipated this attack and swatted Superman aside before firing a magic beam at the ponies. Superman was fast enough to recover from the attack and throw himself in front of the beam, but the force of it knocked him through the base of one of the skyscrapers and caused it to collapse. Superman immediately saw what was going on and shot out of the rubble to catch the skyscraper before it could land on any of the ponies. "Get out of here. RUN!" Superman yelled at the ponies, who had no problem following his instruction.

"Well, not exactly what I had in mind, but it will have to do," Lex said with a smirk as he started to walk towards Superman, who was still holding up the building so that those ponies who hadn't escaped could do. Superman looked at him with rage in eyes as Lex held up his hand to Superman's face and started to course magic through it, smiling with joy as he heard Superman begin to sigh. But despite the great amount of pain, Superman's strength never wavered while he continued to hold up the building.

"I never understood how you could gain such strength from protecting those who are weaker than you, but it is just another reason I hate you." Luthor brought his fist back and punched Superman through the skyscraper he was holding, frowning as he watched the building come crashing down safely and avoiding all of the ponies. "Superman saves the day again, huh? Well enjoy that small victory, because it will be the last." Luthor launched himself into the sky after Superman, following him past the castle where two princesses were battling with all their might.

"Just give up Luna!" Celestia roared as she sent multiple comets of fire at Luna, who dodge out of the way with a graceful flip as she fired back in return with chunks of rock that Celestia shot out of the sky. "Superman has pulled the wool over your eyes to his true tactics and motivations! Why can't you see that?"

"You words will never convince me to believe that!" Luna roared back as she ripped the statue of the original Elements out of the ground and chucked it at her sister. "You are the one who has been deceived! Whoever this Luthor is, he has lied to you! Superman only seeks to help us!" Celestia rolled out of the way of the statue and teleported behind her sister, placing her horn on Luna's head and letting her memories flow through it.

"If you will not believe my words, then you will simply have to see for yourself," Celestia said as she showed Luna what Luthor had shown her. Luna's eyes widened as she saw all that Luthor had shown Celestia, from Superman taking over the world to killing all who stood in front of his conquest. When Celestia figured that she had enough, she let the magic stop and watched as Luna fell to the ground. "So what do you say now? Do you see the terror that he really is?"

""I...I...I stand by what I said," Luna said as she forced herself back to her hooves and re-ignited her magic, glaring at Celestia with rage. "That I judge others based on what they do and not what they say, despite what your memories show. So as I said, I stand by Superman and all he stands for." Celestia's look of rage returned and she charged her sister with a roar, firing with increased volume and power, forcing Luna to throw up her strongest barrier to protect herself. But her strongest shield wasn't enough to stop the power that Celestia unleashed on her sister and it shattered from one final attack that sent Luna crashing to the floor of the castle.

"If you do not stand with me," Celestia said with rage as she placed a hoof on Luna's throat, her magic glowing a crimson red as her eyes stayed completely green, "then you stand in my way. Be gone." Luna tried to throw her sister off, but there was nothing she could do as Celestia prepared the same spell that she had used long ago to send Luna to the moon for a thousand years. But this time, before the spell could be completed, a blast of green magic struck Celestia in the back and threw her off of Luna. Luna watched Celestia slam into a wall before looking to her savior.

"Chrysalis?" Luna asked in disbelief as the Queen Changeling landed beside her with horn aglow. "What are you doing here?"

"The entire town saw the fireworks that were going off here, and the girls explained to me about this Luthor when they arrived," Chrysalis explained as she offered a hoof to Luna, helping her up. "Also, this could be my only chance in this lifetime to kick the cutie mark off of Celestia and not be attacked for it, so I'm not passing this chance up." Luna looked at her with a frown but let it go with a sigh, glad to have her help even if the sole reason she was with her was to fight her sister.

"Very well then, Chrysalis, I will fight with you," Luna said while she took up a fighting stance as Celestia got back to her hooves. "But if you try to kill my sister, I will break that peace treaty personally," Luna threatened her. "Are we clear on that?"

"Crystal!" Chrysalis laughed before summoning flames under Celestia's hooves, forcing the princesses to take to the skies to avoid the fires and leaving Celestia wide open for Luna to strike her with more lunar magic. Luna blasted her with a barrage of spells, but Celestia managed to shake them off long enough to fire a spell back at her. Luna tried to throw up a barrier, but a wall of fire shot up in front of her before the spell could hit her.

"And now you're saving my life?" Luna asked the smiling Chrysalis. "Who are you and what have you done with Chrysalis?"

"I believe we signed a treaty, Princess," Chrysalis reminded her as she flipped over another burst of fireballs. "We agreed to help each other whenever the other party needed it. I don't break my word." Luna smiled at her confidence as she re-engaged her sister. Chrysalis kept intercepting all of Celestia's attacks while Luna prevented Celestia from building up her most powerful spells with her own barrage of magic.

"ARGH! I will stop both of you and then stop Superman from destroying us all!" she screamed with her eyes glowing green, while her mane was set ablaze. Chrysalis noticed this and immediately face hoofed.

"This is my fault," Chrysalis growled at Luna as the two of them combined their powers to push back a massive blaze of fire. "She's under the influence of a spell I cast on her a while ago."

"What spell? What did you do?"

"This spell takes a pony's fear and multiplies it a hundred fold, making them suspicious and distrusting of whomever they fear," Chrysalis growled as she started up the counter spell. "Sombra ordered me to do it, so that she would get rid of Superman for us, and I never took it off of her."

"Idiot. So all of her odd behavior is coming from your spell?" Luna asked.

"No, the fear is still her own, just multiplied," Chrysalis explained as another blast of magic interrupted her spell again. "Grr...can you hold her off long enough for me to get the counter-spell back up?"

"And how am I supposed to do that?" Luna asked as Celestia nearly consumed her in a blaze of magic. "In this enraged state, I can barely hold my own against her!"

"Then talk to her or something, I don't know!" Chrysalis snapped back as she started to concentrate on her spell, leaving Luna to face her older sister alone. Luna tried to think of a way to get around Celestia's all-consuming magic as her sister advanced towards her, hoping that there was something that she was missing.

"Why are you doing this Celestia? What has Superman done that has made you fear him so?" Luna asked as she started to back away from her sister and her rage-filled eyes.

"What has he done? He has taken the whole of Equestria and deemed himself savior of it. He rules through his power and puts the fear of his strength into others so they dare not to stand against him," Celestia spat back. Then Luna got it, the whole reason--not just for this incident, but all of the past events as well.

"You fear him because he's stronger than you." Luna whispered with a smile on her face. Celestia stopped dead in her tracks and Luna could see the surprise on her face. Then the look of rage returned, as she started to fire spells back at her sister, who dodged with ease.

"I do not fear him! I fear what he can do if-"

"And that is why you feared Discord!" Luna yelled to cut her off as she countered with her own lunar powers. "Yes his chaos was tearing apart our land, but he was shown to be more than capable of good deeds. But you convinced me to help you bring him down, not because of what he was doing, but because he was stronger than you! If his powers had been weaker than yours and he had been doing the same thing, you would have probably let him go!" Then Luna's face filled with her own rage as another thought crossed her mind, "And that is why you sent me to the moon. The Elements of Harmony would have been more than enough to return me to my original state, but you were afraid of my power! You were afraid that even if I returned to your sweet and loving sister, I would still be more powerful than you! Isn't that it??!"

Luna's words had thrown Celestia off balance as she tried to think of an answer to what Luna claimed. But before she could answer, Chrysalis appeared behind her in a flash of green fire.

"Suck it, Celestia," Chrysalis whispered into her ear before blasting Celestia with her magic, erasing all traces of the spell that had been cast weeks ago. But much to the surprise of Chrysalis, Celestia began to fight back against the magic. "It's no good! This isn't the spell I cast! It's something else"

"Keep it going! I think it's about time I had a little heart-to-heart with my sister," Luna said as she activated her magic and fired it into Celestia's face, transferring her own conscious into her sister's. She opened her eyes to see that she was in Equestria nearly a century ago, up in the far north before any pony had settled there. Luna looked around for her sister until she heard the sounds of explosions and somepony cry out. Luna took to the skies and flew over to where she heard the cry, gasping in terror at the sight she saw. A white alicorn was battling against a creature that looked like Superman in grey armor, the battle between the two destroyed the land around them. She also noticed that there was a dark blue alicorn watching the battle from a distance, holding a tiny white filly in her hooves.

"Celestia...?" Luna asked as she realized the small filly was her sister. She landed next to her mother and her baby sister, but the memory never saw her. A massive explosion gained her attention and she turned to see her father fly by her and smash into the ground; the creature walked up to him. She saw that the creature was indeed a similar shape to Superman and even had a grey "S" on it's chest. It grabbed her father by the throat and tried to punch him, but he caught his fist with his magic and pushed it back, throwing up a barrier around himself when it continued it's attack.

"Go get him dad!" Celestia cried out with a smile, not knowing what was about to happen. Her father looked over at her, his love for both her and Luna's mother showing in his eyes. Then, the love was replaced with a look of determination, and he threw himself onto the alien, wrapping his hooves around it as he began to glow. "Dad?" Celestia asked.

"Be a good ruler, Celestia," he said to her with one last smile before he and the alien exploded in a massive blast of magic that shook the entire continent. Celestia screamed as her mother threw up a barrier around the both of them, closing her eyes while tears started to stream down her face. Luna didn't realize that she too had been crying, until after the explosion had died down and she wiped the tears away from her eyes. Celestia jumped out of her mother's arms and raced over to the crater where her father had been, her mother vanishing into dust as the image began to change. The desert and the crater completely vanished, leaving Celestia alone in darkness, with the only other thing there being the grey "S" from the alien's chest.

"Daddy..." Celestia wept to herself as Luna walked over to her, sitting down next to her despite not being able to be seen. "I promise, I will be the ruler you want me to be, and I won't let anything like this happen ever again," she whispered, making a promise to herself as she kicked the metal plate. Luna watched all of this with tear-filled eyes, now knowing from where her sister's fear of those stronger than herself came. And even though it was just a memory, she scooped her older sister into her arms and held her close.

"Sister...I see now why you are so afraid, but you cannot let this pain drive your life," Luna whispered to her even though she knew her words wouldn't reach her. "You must be better than this. Please, become the loving sister that I know. Please..." Luna looked up as she heard a sound reach her, gasping as she saw what looked like a giant caterpillar moving towards her

"So, you are the cause of my sister's pain. Be gone." Luna fired off her most powerful spell as the creature came charging at her, causing a massive flash of light to go off inside Celestia's mind. When Luna opened her eyes, she was back in the real world next to her sister, who was waking up.

"Luna...What's happening?" Celestia asked as she got to her hooves. Luna let out a cry of joy and tackle-hugged her sister, only breaking the hold when Chrysalis walked over to them.

"As much as this lovely scene makes me want to eat something, we have bigger problems right now," Chrysalis said as Superman went flying by them and crashed into the forest floor. Luthor followed him a second later.

"This is all my fault," Celestia said as she watched the battle. "It's my fault Luthor is here and that he has his powers. I should have stopped him before, but..."

"You were under a creature's influence and were not acting like yourself," Luna said before she could finish.

"You don't understand, he will try to take over Equestria once he finishes Superman."

"What do you mean and how do you know this?" Chrysalis asked with a glare.

"I...I found out about his plans when he told me to my face," Celestia explained quickly. "But he was far too strong for me and I was placed back under mind control. Oh, Father, what have I brought upon our land?" The memories of all she had done while under the mind control slowly came back to Celestia, allowing her to see all she had done. With all the pain and suffering that she had caused, all she could do was fall to her knees, while tears started to fall from her eyes.

"Can you take away those powers?" Luna asked.

"No, he is as strong as Superman now," Celestia explained with terror in her eyes. "Only he can help us now." But contrary to what she had said, Luthor was rapidly becoming stronger than the Man of Steel. With the sun in his chest to power him, Luthor's strength was on par with Superman and quickly out-matching him. Superman had become aware of that fact while they were fighting and did all he could to try and force Luthor back.

"You won't win, Luthor!" Superman yelled as he drove his fist into Luthor's stomach, cringing as the magic armor dug into his hand.

"I only have to, once," Luthor said with a smirk as he fired twin beams of magic from his hands into Superman's face. While Superman was blinded, Luthor sent a blast of magic towards the town down below them. As Superman's eyes cleared, he could see the magic bolt heading towards those about whom he cared.

"So what will you do Superman?" Luthor asked with a smile. "Continue to fight me or-?" Superman had already shot off before Luthor could finish his sentence, while he screamed towards the magic bolt, managing to place himself in front of it before it could hit any of the ponies. The blow still sent him into the ground with even more force, and it kicked up a lot of debris consisting of dirt and stone. Luthor landed next to the crater and waited for Superman to come up, but he never expected Superman to explode from under the ground behind him and wrap his arms around Luthor's waist while he shot off into the sky again with Luthor in tow.

Superman and Luthor both rocketed into space, each one delivering heavy blows to the other. Luthor ducked under one of Superman's attacks and wrapped his arms around his back, driving him forward into the side of the moon, kicking up a storm of dust in the process. Superman groaned and looked up out of the crater to see twin boots drive themselves into his face, sending him through the moon and out the other side. Luthor flew through the new hole in the moon, punching Superman in the face with both fists, but Superman caught his arms after the blow with a growl. Superman then began to spin Luthor around and drove his fist with power into Luthor's face plate, but it barely even cracked the glass. Superman grabbed Luthor again and tossed him back down towards the planet, scowling when he saw that his armor was still holding up. So Superman caught Luthor by the throat and prepared a final blow, Lex watching him with a smile.

"So what are you waiting for? Do it," Luthor taunted. Superman gritted his teeth and swung his fist...only to see Sombra's dead face flash before his eyes, and he brought his fist to a halt inches in front of Luthor's face. Luthor looked at him with a smirk as Superman floated there, panting. "You can't even fight me at full power due to one little death? You truly are weak!" Luthor grabbed Superman's outstretched arm with both hands and drove it onto his knee, smiling to himself as he heard the bone snap. Superman screamed in pain as he floated back, clutching his elbow while glaring at Luthor, "Your fear of killing me forces you to hold back even when you need your full strength to win. By restricting yourself, you will only get you and others killed." Superman brought back his left hand and tried in for another blow, but the image of Sombra flashed again in his mind and his when his fist collided with Lex's face, Luthor barely moved.

"Very well Superman. If you do not wish to end it, I will." Superman wondered what he meant when the sound of a blade being drawn reached his ears. He barely had time to look down as a green blade slashed across his chest and the feeling of weakness began to overcome him.

"You...you had...?" Superman asked as she started to fall from the sky while his powers began to fail him.

"I always do," Luthor responded with a sneer, as he brought back his fist and drove it into Superman's "S" and sent him crashing down into the town below. A crowd of ponies formed around the crater, looking in it to see the weakened Superman, and backing away as Luthor started to head towards them. He then slowly floated to the ground as Superman weakly pulled himself out of the crater, sweat dripping down his face as he struggled to breath and glared at the green blade coming out of the left arm gauntlet.

"Kryptonite. The one material on Earth that I love more than gold, silver or anything else, because it can hurt you; because it can end you." Superman staggered to his feet as Luthor advanced towards him pointing the wrist blade at Superman's "S". "Give up Superman, you can't beat me."

"Not alone he can't!" Luthor turned his head as a blast of magic hit him in the chest. He saw the six ponies that stood in the center of the town. "We're here to help you, Superman, so it's going to be alright," Rainbow Dash said to him with a smile, the other ponies nodded in agreement.

"Get...out of...here..." Superman panted, trying to reach them but falling over as his powers continued to weaken. RD flew over to him and caught Superman, helping him back to his feet. "He's...far...out of your league."

"So were all the other foes we face, but we managed," RD said with a smile. "FLUTTERSHY! Throw me my Element!" Fluttershy nodded and tossed Rainbow Dash's Element of Loyalty at her while the others prepared for the Element Storm. RD reached up to catch her Element...and watched with horror as a blast of heat vision vaporized it right in front of her. She and the other ponies' eyes grew wide, as the ash fell to the ground, the sounds of Luthor laughing echoing throughout.

"Did you fools really think that I would let you use your greatest weapon against me, when I have little resistance to magic?" Luthor asked with a smirk as he turned his gaze towards the other ponies and sent his heat vision lancing at them, reducing the Elements they wore to ash as well. The five ponies screamed just as the rest of the town let out a gasp, while they watched their most powerful weapons be destroyed in an instance. He started to walk towards Superman again, eyes narrowing at the pony that placed herself in front of him. "Out of the way pony, I have no wish to fight you."

"But I will fight you!" Rainbow Dash yelled as she threw herself at Luthor with both hooves outstretched. Luthor let her slam into his chest and watched with a smirk as she bounced off, holding her hoof while gritting her teeth. Despite the pain, she stood back up and threw another punch that only hurt herself. While she staggered back, Twilight and the others tried to rush over help her, but Luthor used his ice breath to freeze them in place. He grabbed RD by the throat before he looked around at all the ponies watching.

"Let this be an example to all of you. My rule is absolute," he said as he drove RD into the ground, creating a small crater with her body. He stood back up and started to head towards Superman again, but he heard the sound of something hitting his leg. He looked down to find RD holding onto his leg, blood trickling out of her mouth, but a defiant look still on her face. "Don't you give up?"

"Not on your life," she said with a growl as she shot up into his helmet, slamming it with her head. Luthor's eyebrows went up as she saw the small crack on his helmet spread a bit, before he swatted RD to the side, sending her tumbling to the ground in front of Superman. She slowly got back to her hooves with blood running down the side of her head--barely able to stand--but still giving Luthor quite the impressive glare.

"Why do you resist?" Luthor asked her with a sigh. "I only seek to kill Superman; I have no desire to soil my hands with you." RD spat some of her blood into the ground at Luthor's feet, glaring at him through her one good eye.

"If I let you kill Superman, than any chance this and all the other worlds have of being saved die with him," she spat at Luthor with rage in her voice. "I will protect him."

"Do you think that you are like him?" Luthor asked her with a scoff. "Do you truly think that you can be Superman?" RD chuckled to herself when she heard that, followed by a bit of coughing.

"I know that I can never be as strong or as fast as Superman," RD admitted, which for her was more painful than the damage she had already taken. "But I can still follow his example and fight against those who would seek to oppress the weak and helpless!"

"A nice notion, but I have defeated Superman. So why bother to fight when your hero is beaten?" Luthor asked her as he quickly flew over and grabbed her by the throat, lifting RD over his head. "Why resist?"

"Because I made a promise," Rainbow Dash choked out, mirroring the words of her hero. "That I would fight all evil until my last breath. And last time I checked, you're still evil, and I'm still breathing." Luthor tightened his grip on her throat while everypony in the area watched, with Superman trying to reach her to help her.

"I have the power now; I am the strongest being in the galaxy," Luthor said with a sneer. "I am a true Superman."

"No, you're not," RD spat back. "You know nothing about what it means to be Superman. You only think that the power makes Superman, but you are so wrong. What makes him--who he is...is his heart, the heart that will give all just to make sure somepony doesn't have to suffer...the will to sacrifice his life, so that we can continue to smile. And that is the reason you'll never be as good as him, while he'll always be better than yo-"

SNAP!

The ponies screamed out in horror as Luthor twitched his hand, resulting in snapping RD's neck. He tossed her limp body to the side and looked at the stunned Superman with sheer joy on his face.

"You know, out of all the expressions I've seen on your face in all these years, I have to admit that this one right here is my favorite," he said with an evil grin. Those ponies that weren't trapped in ice all gathered around RD, whose dead face still had the look of defiance in it. Superman looked from Luthor to her, remembering how far she had come and how hard she had fought for others, despite her lack of powers. Then, something in him snapped as well.

"RRRRAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!" he roared as he let loose all his rage and emotion before driving himself to his feet, glaring at Luthor with blazing red eyes. Then, despite the power of the Kryptonite, he threw himself at Luthor and launched the two of them into the sky far above the planet. "I will end you!" Superman screamed at Luthor. Luthor tried to stab Superman with the Kryptonite, only to watch with disbelief as Superman grabbed the gauntlet that held the blade and rip it off his arm before throwing it off into the distance. "It ends, Luthor!"

"Not yet. Because I can still do this," Luthor began as he pointed his arm at the ponies and started to channel his magic armor's power through it. Superman immediately put himself between the ponies and the blast, gritting his teeth as the magic washed over him. While he was being consumed by the magic, he never noticed the second blade that came out of Luthor's other gauntlet, until it had gone into his chest. Superman looked from Luthor to the blade in his chest, his eyes asking the question for him.

"I always carry a 'back up' on me, Luthor added. And this is a very special version. It took billions of dollars and nearly five years to perfect, but I managed to make this Kryptonite special. Instead of killing you in hours...it does so in seconds. Now, I've wanted to say this for a long time, so I'm going to enjoy it. Die!" Luthor yelled as he snapped the Kryptonite blade from his gauntlet and punched Superman in the face, sending him towards the ground below. Superman didn't even feel the pain of the impact nor the screams that followed it, because the ears that could hear clouds scrape together were silent, and the eyes that could see through worlds only saw blackness. And as Luthor landed next to him, he didn't need his super vision to see what had happened. The Kryptonite blade had done it's job.

Superman was dead.