• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 420 Views, 4 Comments

Wish upon a wishing star : The Bronies Tale - Flash Thunder



This is the start of our story series for Bronies and Pegasisters!!! It's about a group of Bronies who get whizzed into the world of honor and glory! They get pulled straight into a struggle against a dark and chaotic force!

  • ...
 4
 420

The Search For Awnsers

Chapter 3

Bullet is the first to break the long silence “Very well then, I suggest we get a move on chaps, especially if we want to get to the princess in time.” With that said we enter Ponyvile and head to the castle. The walk to the castle is long and depressing as we wonder through the rubble and debris of what once was once a thriving, prosperous and blissful town. No longer did the filly’s and colts play in the streets, no longer did the stalls open and sell fruits and knickknacks to other ponies and no more was the streets filled with happiness and laughter… just silence… empty silence. Every broken brick is just another dose of hurtful remorse, every piece of broken glass, a sharp reminder of what is happening. Nopony talks during the walk, just walks, slower than usual while they absorb their surroundings. I see a tear glisten from Forests eye and fall down his cheek.

The sight of this makes my eyes fill up, but I manage to keep them back. Even Eisendor the Scottish pony is very quiet. Suddenly out of nowhere we hear a shriek! “Help”! Forest’s ears shoot up and he stands tall “did you hear that?” “Eye, it came from over there” Eisendor points in the general direction of where the sound came from. Everypony abruptly goes into a full gallop towards the sound, each pony trying to run faster than the next.

It cries out again “Please, somepony, help!” This time we are closer and the sound was a lot clearer. “Ey! That be a wee one” Eisendor said with great alarm. Once realising that it was a young one Eisendor manages to speed off ahead despite being the eldest. “I’m caming fer ye wee one! Don’t ye be scared new help es here?” Eisendor shoots of round the corner and reaches the little voice a while before we do. Before we turn the last corner we hear “Nooooooooo! Hold on me wee lassie” when we are turning the corner all we see is Eisendor grasping on to something for his dear life in a hole. “I get ye wee one” Eisendor is slowly slipping into the hole and inch at a time. I ask as fast as I could “What do we do?” Forest and Bullet look at each other. “It’s his only chance” says Bullet followed by “let’s do it” from Forest. Bullet Full gallops towards a nearby wall, Forest full gallops shortly behind. Bullets leaps up to the wall and springs off. Forest spins in mid gallop and raises his hind legs, sliding his front hooves along the brick floor. He pulls his hind legs in tight. Bullets lands hind hooves first on his hind legs. With and almighty grunt forest propels Bullet into the air towards Eisendor. Forest stops and turns and widens his eyes in hope. Bullet descends and slides along the floor, grasping Eisendor hooves along the way. Eisendor gets ripped out of the hole along with the filly. Eisendor rolls with the filly tucked in his hooves in order to keep the young one safe.

He eventually stops and immediately checks the filly for any damage but is amazed to only find scratches and bruises. “Oh, thank celestia yer ok”. He hugs the little freighted filly tightly as though she was his own and comforts her. The filly’s face floods with joy as the realisation of her safety finally calms her mind. For some reason she feels safe in eisendors hooves. “Eye wee one, yer fine now” Eisendor says in a soft calming voice. “Mr Eisendor!!” exclaims the little filly. “im so glad you’ve come! Everything has…just gone! I can’t find my mommy or daddy either, what do I do.” Eisendor holds the filly in his hooves and looks into her eyes and continues to speak softly “everythen will be ok wee one, im here now. i… we will help ye find yer parents” his voice was full of meaning and promise and we all felt as how much he meant it. It almost brings a tear to my eyes, but I manage to hold it back. He then see’s that the filly had calmed down and wipes her tears away and holds her into his old ruffled coat. It was very heart-warming to see the filly feel safe and comfy in Eisendor grasp. “We had best leave, eye, its not safe here.”

With that said Eisendor puts her on his back and trots past us and we follow shortly after. The road to the castle is going to be a long one as the train tracks have been rendered useless, so we have to continue on hoof. The road to the castle are crumbling away and breaking up. There was dangerous debris everywhere. Rocks, glass, spears, pieces of carriages all scattered everywhere. Yet that wasn’t the part that is worst of all, no, that is… the edge of town.

This soon made me realise what is actually happening in equestria . This isn’t just a simple misunderstanding for me to help tide them over with… no… This is worse, much, much worse. This is war. The sight of it cuts me down to the ground so hard I hear my shoulder crack a little and I start to shake uncontrollably. My fear has returned and is rushing through my veins as cold as ice once again, but this time I am unable to control it. The thing… no …. The monstrosity that lies before me is … death… dead ponies…dead soldiers… lay scattered around just like the rubble, debris, weapons and carriages. I’ve never seen anything like this in person before and never wanted too nor intended too. All this is beginning to prove too much for me to handle in one go like this. I feel as though I am unable to move… It’s just as though I freeze in time. Everything slows down and my hearing dampens, my vision starts to become shrouded. I am starting to see less and less. With what vision I have left I am just able to make out Bullet trotting towards me, “Flash old boy! Whatever is the matter? Flash? Flash!” Then, nothing but silence and darkness.

After a short amount of time a light pain begins to form in my head. My eyelids are incredibly heavier than usual and my eyes are a little sore. It takes quite a lot of effort but I manage to flutter my eyes a little before I am able to fully open them. It is a blessing that its night fall, this allows my eyes to adjust a lot easier and is less uncomfortable to open them fully. I swear I can hear marching, my hearing starts to return and all I can hear are marching hooves beneath me. Concerned by this I hastily rise to a sitting position… well… for a pony anyway. I observe what is around me and I have no idea what to think. It’s a group of ponies. My eyes slowly ajust to the darkness eventually. The figures of ponies are a little too hazy to make out. So I wipe my eyes with my … hooves the best I can and they become clearer. This makes me realise that these aren’t just any ponies. Their wearing armour that is decorated and coloured like princess luna’s . They are all in some kind of formation together. Each pony has a quarter moon insignia on their crest. There is only one pony I know who has that… Princess Luna! That means that this is the… New luna Republic! Most of them are injured though. They have bandages, eye patches, braces, even some of them on stretchers. Once I have Secom to my surroundings, realization hits me and I see that I am too, on a stretcher.

It is spread across two ponies that are walking in sync. I give my head one final shake to help clear it and ensure that I have full consciousness. One of the ponies who is carrying me, sees that I shake my head for a second time. He grunts to the other pony “He’s awake, an you know what that British chick said.” I raise one eyebrow and glance at the pony that he spoke too, who in turn just nodded. With that, they both fling me off the stretcher and onto the ground. I sit there with a very bewildered expression about me, looking at one of the ponies that launched me. “Sorry kid, orders.” They proceeded to carry on and lift another injured pony onto the stretcher and walk away. “Thanks for the warning!” I shout to try and claw… hoof back some dignity, but it seems as though they don’t even acknowledge it. To be honest, that was probably for the best, I don’t really want to have any trouble with these guys and gals. Then over trots Bullet. She looks at me with a rather blank face for a moment, then smiles and says “sorry about those ruffians old boy, but we must make room for the chaps who need it”. I can understand what she means by that … but still was no need to throw me off… would have been nice to be asked. Upon reaching the castle I realise that it isn’t the wonder it once was. The only a few of the few of the turrets remain, the pearl white walls that where topped with a golden spire are now filthy with gaping holes in them. The whole of the left of the castle that was over the cliff has been blown off and can be seen on the foot of the mountain. It’s not a pretty sight but the i hope that princess still resides within the withered walls. Now its time to find out what has happened to the princess what i am doing here and most importantly, why i am here! *BOOM!* "What the!" i shout out. The face of the clifs explodes with a huge object, which seems to be, a bug but, HUGE! it swoops down at us and make for a grab at me. i swiftly leap and slide behind one of the boulders that where thrown there in the explosion. The giant bug manages to swipe eisendor of his hooves and is still grasping the filly. "ahhh! bugger! dunt ye worry aboot me! i well be fine!" he bellows. "Nooo! eisendor!" screams bullet. "What! why did they take eisendor!" i ask bullet. "Well... he isn't the pony you think he is, you see before this he was different, sit and ill explain. i suppose id best tell you know ay chap?"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment