• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 419 Views, 4 Comments

Wish upon a wishing star : The Bronies Tale - Flash Thunder



This is the start of our story series for Bronies and Pegasisters!!! It's about a group of Bronies who get whizzed into the world of honor and glory! They get pulled straight into a struggle against a dark and chaotic force!

  • ...
 4
 419

A Cry For Help

Wish upon a wishing star: A Bronies Tale
Chapter 1
A Cry for Help


So… here I am again… walking… my legs doing the same thing as they always do this time of day… going left… right… left… right. This is me, Jack; walking back from college again. I live pretty far from college so it takes me awhile to get back home but, every day I follow the same paths and same routines - every day of my damn life! I see the same people, same houses and same… everything.

To tell you the truth I don’t know how I have managed to cope this long. I’m sick of all the same depressing things along the route I usually take, all there is, is some filth ridden paths and old dirty condemned buildings in which the street kids “hang out” in. Most of the buildings have been abused with broken glass and have are plastered with graffiti. Not much to look at really. With all this in mind I decide to take a different route. Instead of passing my old school I decided to take an early left. In my mind I thought ‘so what if I got lost, maybe if I did I might give me an inkling of a sense of adventure’. That is how desperate I am. As I walk up the filth ridden and deserted ally way I realised that it was not much different from the other route I take, it still has the litter and abandoned feel to it. The only difference was that the rubbish was more piled up here. I have thought many time’s to just end it all... for good, but something told me not to and to keep on going, maybe it was just common sense.

I exit the alley and take a glance at my surroundings in hope of something with a little interest to happen. I just think… hope to myself that there is a small possibility that something… anything will happen, but once again my hopes are left unfulfilled and my imagination left unsatisfied. Just some more condemned buildings ready for demolition, more refuse left to gather and some local street kids who are wearing extremely baggy jeans and baggy shirts with flat top caps that are on backwards. they are perched on a wall and spread across the path. In my disappointment I continue on with my journey home onto the old, warn and cracked pavement. As I walk I try to keep myself occupied by attempting to walk to the beat of my music whilst also avoiding the cracks in the pavement. When listening to a slow song it can be quite easy but when listening to the Discord remix by The Living Tombstone can prove to be quite a challenge especially to the inexperienced. I am drawing near to the street kids who are all giving me a blank look, which in my opinion is the scariest! They also have their music playing out aloud which is some garage rap I believe? Unfortunately I can’t avoid them as this is the way I need to go, I presume, as I am just heading in homes general direction.

As I get quite close to the Street kids I secretly turn my music down in order to avoid trouble and put a quick stop to my hopping game as I doubt it would go down well with these guys. I walk on past them as quickly but as calmly as possible, as anything could set these guys off. As I walk past them they continue to stare at me and make little comments on everything I do. I even heard one of them say that I look like a scrawny little prick! Once I reach a distance that I feel safe from them, then I turn my music straight back up. Just in case you was wondering I am a brony but I am a closet brony as I am shy around people and try to keep myself to myself as best I can.

Walking down the road I can see some more of the street kids in the distance and they look even rougher than the last group! I am now starting to regret ever even thinking that this was a good idea. It’s worse than the usual route home! Suddenly I hear heavy footsteps behind me as I only have one earphone in. I turn my head slightly in order to see what’s going on, I see the same group of kids from earlier walking swiftly and heavily towards me. I quickly snap my head back and take a deep breath, it suddenly feels like my breathing is restricted! I feel like I want to run but fear is preventing me! I now have adrenaline coursing through my veins.

Then I fear the worst and then try to accept the fact that they are most likely coming for me and I have no idea why. Probably to rob me or maybe they are just bored and want to come and beat me up just for the fun of it. They are drawing closer and closer to me, my fists are beginning to clench and my blood is on fire! But I freeze and find myself unable to stop my legs walking forwards. I then see that the gang are in front of me, they make eye contact with me, my eyes suddenly grow wider, and now I can feel it… fear! It can either be your best friend at a time like this or your worst enemy.

I begin to slow down. My chest feels even tighter and my breathing almost stops. Our eyes are still locked; this is the most tense I have felt ever! Suddenly they break eye contact with me and look directly past me, this causes me to slow even more as now I realize that they are with the other group of thug kids that are behind me and together form a gang: making me realize that I am screwed! I think to myself “That’s it now… I’m done for!!” I then freeze completely… still… in the middle of the path. My fists are now fully clenched, my blood now feels like poison and fire running through me! I close my eyes and just wait… wait for the end… I feel a huge thud on my shoulder, it hurt quite a lot but there is a lot more where that came from. I’m still standing though; so, I wait patiently for the next throw! I waited at least 4 seconds and… nothing I slowly and painfully open my left eye. I see that they have walked straight past me and are heading toward the other group. They must have just walked into me as they came past - it still bloody hurt though!

I am lost for words at this point and don’t know what to think. I give a big burst of air out in a large sigh after being so afraid that I forgot to breathe for a while. My chest seemed to release with the large sigh. I then released my fists that were clenched so tightly that my palms and fingers were in agony when the adrenaline stopped. My boiling blood has cooled down now and I feel very cold. I eventually get my legs moving again but they only want to move slowly as some of the fear still resides within me. I still keep my eyes on the kids just in case they decide to do anything.


I think that it’s for the best that my legs move slowly as the kids aren't that far in front. I haven’t been that scared before in my entire life! I don’t think I will ever again. I am never going to come down this way in future. Who was I to think I was cut out for adventure? I’m not an Indiana Jones; I would probably even make Fluttershy look brave. I am but a no body. Back there I wasn't even prepared to defend myself. I feel so… pathetic. I look up from drooping my head in sorrow and see that the now gang are standing near the corner that I have to coincidentally need to turn round. As I approach the wall I turn the music back down and get as close as I can to the wall as I possibly can whilst keeping my distance from the gang too as they smell just as unpleasant as the wall.

The wall is about 6ft high and is supposed to be a beige colour but has faded and is rather dirty, as it is accompanied by chewing gum and has a certain beer stench to it. The worst thing was, that I don’t think it was just beer. I start suddenly realizing how grateful I should be not to live around here.

My legs are starting to become unseized and I’m starting to return to my original pace. As the distance between me and the gang grows I just about hear their conversation getting louder. Unfortunately, I am a very curious person, so I just have to turn my head. The only reason I heard them was because I didn’t turn my music back up. I remove my earphone from my ear and focus my hearing on them. They sound like they are arguing but they are speaking too frantically for me to understand as they use their “slang talk” which doesn’t help them either. Their argument is getting louder and louder yet I still cannot make out what they are saying. . I have to turn when the argument turns full throttle. They are starting to push each other. Some of the fear returns but my eyes start to widen as my curiosity battles with my fear.

I spot one of the gang members swing at another and he lands a dam clean and hard hit on his face. He hit was so hard that I even heard it from where I was standing! I see the hit thug’s head snap to the left and a pearly white pebble object soared through the air from his mouth, followed by many small bubbles of red, it felt like it was in slow motion. It was that hard of a hit that I even felt it. Then all hell broke loose with them. They all were knocking white pearls from each other’s mouths even some yellow ones, too. All I can see are fists and heads flying at each other, I am in utter total shock.

I have absolutely no idea of what to do - I really wish I could help and stop them but I obviously have no chance. So I just … run. I run. Run as fast as my legs can take me. My legs are moving like pistons. The more I think about what is happening back there the faster I pump my legs! I really thought about it a lot. As the fool I am, I kept looking back behind me to see if I am being followed. This causes me to run straight into a ditch and twist my ankle.

I hit the ground faster than a thrown brick. I quickly roll over onto my back and grasp my ankle, realising that it too was a foolish idea from the beginning. The pain jolts straight up my ankle, then up my leg. It feels like I have electric needles forcing their way up my leg. I fear that I have sprained it. I can feel my trainer getting tighter and tighter. It’s beginning to swell. It’s starting to inflate, I can feel the skin getting tighter and tighter as it stretches over the expanding muscle. The feeling in my ankle totally eradicates all thought of the hooligans from a few seconds ago.

I decide that it’s no good me rocking back and forth in this ditch and make my mind up to get back on my feet. I try to keep as much weight off it as possible - as even the slightest inkling of weight will cause it too throb. After a few seconds of agony I eventually struggle to my feet… well foot. Once on my foot I lean on a nearby lamp post to regain some strength and my breath.

Soon I gather enough strength back to endure the intense pain of my ankle I make the decision to move on and stop feeling sorry for myself. My ankle forces me to limp heavily on my good foot. This causes me to get cramp in it very quickly, so every now and then I have to take a quick break. After a long hike back to my house I stop at my front door, turn around, dump myself on the front doorstep and just put my head in my hands. This is the part where I usually think to myself for a while, but this time my mind was just concentrating on how I wanted to help stop that gang from fighting one another.

My ankle decides this is the moment to remind me that it want attention by throbbing again, that also reminds me that my friends are coming over today to help me write a story. Launching myself back to my feet, only to fall back on the floor as my ankle demonstrates what happens when I forget about it. This time I slowly raise myself back to my feet and this time it pleases my ankle as it doesn’t throb this time.

Walking through the door was an interesting task as I had to calculate how much pressure to put on my foot once it’s over the step but thankfully it all goes smoothly. The hall way is always the coldest area of the house, mainly due to it being made of tiles and the walls having just some brown paint on them. The hard floor wasn’t very forgiving on my ankle but it wasn’t too bad. The living room is a big room so it too wasn’t the warmest of places although it does have a soft carpet floor and that was very forgiving on my ankle. “The News” is on the TV, a story about an old woman being mugged is being told by a blank faces man in a large over coat. It makes me sick how someone could even think about robbing an old defenceless woman. The sinking feeling has returned I now feel sick and all I feel is that I want to help these people but I know I can’t, that’s probably why I feel sick. The door gets knocked twice quite loudly.

It takes me a few seconds to zone back in as I was just staring at the floor thinking how insignificant I am then remember that the door needs answering. I open the door to be greeted by what seems to be the only people in the world that actually understand me. Brad who is a little smaller than the average male - has blues eyes and glasses with blond hair - Lewis - who is about average size has shoulder length hair and brown eyes - and lastly Jake - who is just below average height and has slightly longer hair than Lewis and wears glasses too, these guys have been friends with me for such a long time I can’t even remember how long. It’s really nice to see a friendly face after what I’ve been through today. I greet them the same way as we have been doing for the past, however long we have been greeting each other. “Hey, how-ya doin’?” and as always it gets the same response “not much… you?” They don’t even need inviting in anymore as they know they can come in once I have said the magic words of “Hey, how-ya doin’”.

Once inside Lewis almost instantly spots me trying to cover up the fact that I have an injured ankle. He is more of a furry than a Brony but he likes both and is really friendly so by my books he is cool. He questions “how did you damage your ankle?” in which I unwillingly reply “I slipped … and twisted”. I said this to avoid any further questions. We all remove our shoes that are cemented to our feet and climb what felt like vertical stairs to Everest, especially with this ankle. Well, here it is… the one true place I feel safe and happy… the one place I can rely on and be truly comfy in to forget my troubles and relax. My room. We enter my domain and I slump myself on my bed and say the words “I hate Mondays” this is quickly followed by agreement from my friends. I am so exhausted I don’t even bother to remove my coat. I prefer to keep it on anyway. We are all talking as we usually do and then Brad asks “how did you slip?” I look at him in the eyes deeply and say “I ran”. He says “from what” in which I reply “some street gang kids”. This leads me to telling them all about what happened on the way home. They are both gob smacked and are constantly asking if I’m ok. After a few minutes of an awkward silence a quiet mummer from Lewis is heard. “I wish we could stop things like this from happening”.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Then a burst of life comes out of Jake, “Hey! There’s going to be a meteor shower passing over earth tonight!” we are all startled by his sudden contribution. “That sounds amazing!” I said enthusiastically. The mood died quickly though as we are still remembering the events of today but the silence is soon broken by the shout of my mother and she say one of my favourite sentence’s “Dinners nearly ready.” That’s the sign for the other guys to leave in which they do with great haste. They must want to get away from the bad atmosphere that I have caused. We all walk to the door and just before they leave Lewis reminded me to make a wish at the shooting stars in which I give a small giggle and say “I will”.


After they all leave I have my much needed dinner and retreat back upstairs. It’s time for my daily dose of MLP. I am still not used to saying that out loud and still have to refer to it as MLP. This show always cheers me up no matter how glum I am. Whilst watching the show I realise how they all help the other ponies and don’t ask for anything in return. This is what I want… the ability to help, that’s all. It’s not fair. All I have is my mind; nothing else. Not magic, the ability to fly or lots of other people to help me. I’m just a… nobody. I wish I could be more like them. I pause the video and drown in my own sorrow and thoughts. The feeling of me wanting to let my sadness out is overwhelming but I manage to keep it in. I didn’t see the point in keeping it in but I did anyway. The phone suddenly rings causing me to jump out of my skin. I answer to hear a much exited Jake who keeps repeating the word ‘meteor’! I only assume he means get to the window as fast as you can. I only have time to say “Thanks” before he puts the phone down on me. I rush over to my window and gaze into the sky and wait for the meteors to pass.

It didn’t take very long for the show to start. Huge balls of light soaring through the starlit sky. They look like huge light bulbs that have been thrown through the air. These are now one of the few things to make my face glisten with a smile. This was true beauty. Tears of fire launching themselves over earth. Nothing like what I have ever seen before. Then I remember what Lewis said “make a wish”. Well I know that they aren’t shooting stars but what have I got to lose, so I make my wish. “I wish… I wish I could help those in dire need just like those on MLP” and just like that it was over but the smile remained. With that fresh in my mind I decide to go to bed as all that light made my eyes strain. One last look at my Facebook and then I’m off to bed. I don’t know why I bother checking my Facebook because I never get anything, the most I get is a app request to see whose has looked at my profile or for Farmville which is really annoying. With that done I switch off my pc and hit the hay. The meteor shower is still fresh in my mind and that makes me feel for comfy for some reason. I close my eyes slowly as the blanket encases me in a cocoon of comfort and warmth. I nod off rather quickly and await the next morning.

Author's Note:

This is my first attempt at a fanfiction. Their isn't much pony in this chapter but that is all going to change in the upcoming chapter!! i hope you enjoy this. This is my first story so please take it easy on me. and thanks for reading. If you have any questions that you would like to ask me please don't hesitate. i am quite an open person. just remember that the mlp will be in the rest of the chapter's this is just the chapter explaining how they get there. Thank you - Flash Thunder