• Published 12th Feb 2013
  • 448 Views, 4 Comments

The Legend of Luna and Celestia - triplea



This is my own version of the story of how Luna and Celestia came to be. My first MLP:FIM fanfic, enjoy!

  • ...
 4
 448

The Naming of Royalty

Chapter 2: The Naming of Royalty

Immediately after the collision, everypony returned to their homes and everyday lives, but returned with a lift in their spirits and hope for a better future. As for Proctor and the others at the Canterlot Castle, they all prepared to settle in their newborn princesses.

Proctor took both of the small fillies and carried them on his back carefully, much to Eleanore's extreme uneasiness. He took them up a very large flight of stairs, leading to a grand hallway, and at the end, a gold plated door with the symbol of the galactic collision engraved on it. Inside the doors was a very large bedroom, clearly too large for only two fillies, or even two grown mares. Proctor took the fillies to their seperate cribs, each specially designed for sun and moon. He sat with the girls for a while, just looking at them. He smiled as he watched the two curiously observing their new surroundings from their cribs.

"I'm guessing you two like your new room huh? Although this is just guess since you cannot talk yet, but since I spent five hours painting this place, i am gonna say that you love it." He chuckled as he continued to observe the two princesses

"Come to think of it, you two do not even have names yet! Hmmm....lets see, what should I call you two?" He started to pace the room, thinking of what to name the two girls, when suddenly he stops in front of a large window and sets his eyes on the now setting sun.

"Well, typically the princesses are to be named after the sun and the moon, so lets see....Sun, bright, star, solar, celestial.....celestial..." He liked the sound of the last one, he walked over to the small white pony and gazed at her, thinking, she looked up at him, giving him this bright, warm smile that would melt even the most heartless pony.

"..........Celestia....Celestia! I like that one! You will now be "Princess Celestia"!"

He then turned and walked over the the dark blue pony who represented the moon.

"Now, what to call you?" He asked her

"How about Crescent?" Proctor slightly jumped back, not expecting a response from the 1-day-old filly

"Over here clueless..." Proctor realized that the voice hadn't come from the baby, but from Eleanore. She was halfway through the door, observing Proctor as he was talking to the newborn fillies.

"Chatting it up with the new royalty are we?" She says with a giggle. Proctor slightly blushes from embarresment and turns back to the princess of the moon, but he lightly chuckles as he realizes how foolish he must have looked.

"Sorry, I was just trying to come up with names for these two. I've already got one for our little sun spot, Celestia."

"Celestia.....I like it!"

"Yeah, that's what i said."

Eleanore walked over to the dark blue filly and watched her.

"So like i said, how about we name this one Crescent?" She said as she watched the filly chew on her own hoof

"Didn't we already have a Princess Crescent?" Proctor asked

"Yes, during the Pinto Era. She was a magnificent moon princess, so why not name this little one after her?"

"Well for one, i don't think it would be a good idea to name a princess after another. What if she grows up thinking that she expects us to be just like her or something of that sort? I want this one to be her own princess, and rule the night in her own special way. And if she does not feel that way, other ponies might feel that way and compare one to the other. No, this one needs her own, unique name, to seperate her from the past princesses of the night." Proctor said as he sat and stared at the child.

Eleanore was surprised by Proctor's response, but smiled at how caring he was towards them already. Afterall, he will be guarding the princesses for the rest of his natural life, so she was more comfortable knowing that the one doing the guarding would be someone who genuinely cared about them.

"Hmmm....you make a good point. So then, what else could we name her?" Eleanore asked him.

They both pondered and pondered, trying to think of the perfect name, when all the sudden, Proctor got a brainstorm.

"Eleanore, remember that time when the moon became covered by a shadow from the sun and Princess Artemis was weakened, what was that called?"

"Huh? Oh! I know what you're talking about! What was it.....a Lunar Eclipse!"

"Lunar Eclipse....Lunar..........I have it!"

He walked over to the small filly and smiled triumphantly at her as he spoke:

"You will now be known as "Princess Luna"!"

Suddenly, a creaking door sound crept up from the other side of the room. Eleanore and Proctor turned towards the sound to find a zebra, decorated in handcrafted ornaments and jewelry, standing at the door to the nursery.

"Miss Eleanore?"

Eleanore stepped forward and smiled at the zebra, "Uma, finally you have arrived, shall we get started?"

The zebra smiled back at the white mare, "Of course."

Author's Note:

Hope you guys like chapter 2! I know it's kinda short but i promise there will be longer chapters at different points (depending on the situations i have set up)

Please review! ^^

Comments ( 3 )

I REALLY like your reason on how Celestia and Luna got there names.:pinkiesmile:

NEED MORE.
PLEASE.
NOW.
WHEN?
NOW.
YEP.

XDD Just make more and I wont be mad...

MERRY XMAS!

Login or register to comment