• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 1,372 Views, 24 Comments

This wasn't what we planned! - SailorYue



Derpy tells how she gained a family in her travels with the Doctor.

  • ...
1
 24
 1,372

Truth is stranger than fiction

The Doctor stared for a few moments at the filly sleeping inside the tank. She had a hint of grey in her fur and the same buttery blonde hair color that Ditzy had.

“Doctor…?” Ditzy reached a hesitant hoof toward the Doctor. He suddenly snapped out of his reverie and smacked his hoof to his forehead. “OH! Of COURSE! LOOMING!”

“Doctor what? “ Ditzy looked at the Doctor feeling quite confused at his outburst..

“I get it now!” The Doctor stood up and started pacing. “I’ve only seen it one other time outside of Gallifrey”

“Doctor.” Ditzy tried catching his attention

“The technology here is far more primitive than on that planet I visited with Donna and Martha.”

Doctor?” Ditzy tried again.

“But I can see how its done now. I mean…”

“DOCTOR!” Ditzy yelled out finally stopping the Doctor’s rambling.

He shook his head “Oh, sorry. Yes Ditzy?”

“What is ‘looming‘?” She asked.

“Hmm In the simplest terms, it’s essentially like cloning, but different. It takes the nearest DNA samples from tissue or fluids, combines and randomizes strands of the genetics to create a new person, er pony in this case” he added correcting himself. “Let me see your hoof for a second Ditzy.”

Ditzy held up her hoof for the Doctor. “Yes, see, it’s not as bad as I expected, but they took the sample here” he said, indicating the small laceration on her right hoof. “The other sample was on my sonic which you held in this hoof too. And now that is…?” He looked in the direction of the chamber Ditzy was in just moments before.

“It’s fallen in the back corner there” The young purple filly indicated with her hoof, reminding the duo of her presence. The Doctor had to climb in to see it thru the lingering smoke. “Ah, yes. Thank you.” he tucked it into his collar.

“Now miss, can you answer me a couple questions please.” He turned toward the mare, who looked at him with a worried expression. “First off, What exactly goes in this laboratory?”

The young test subject thought a moment how she should answer this. “The creation of the perfect unicorn.” Her eyes had sort of a far away look to them as she said this, as if it were programmed into her brain. The Doctor was not liking the sound of this at all. Shortly the filly blinked and shook her head.

“What exactly does that mean, ‘the perfect unicorn’?”

“I don’t know. All that I know is that I wasn’t the one they were looking for” She looked down lost for a moment in a memory.

+++++++++++

“Subject 67324”

“Is she the one we need?” A male scientist asked another scientist.

“I’m afraid not quite, sir. She’s close, but not the one” the other scientist responded, female.

“I see. Will she…?” He seemed to be asking a question that wasn’t to be completed.

“It is uncertain for now, too early to tell how well she will fair.”

“Well that does not matter much to me then, since shes not THE ONE.” The male voice was cold, emotionless, almost angry at the apparent failure he saw. He walked off wanting no more with the situation. The female scientist looked up at the young filly, much younger than she was now. Back then she was unsure of anything that was going on.

++++++++

“Are you alright?” The Doctor asked softly. She looked up, unaware of how long she was lost in her earliest memory, nor of the tears streaming down her face.

“I’m sorry.” She said, accepting the kerchief that Ditzy was handing her.

“No, I’m sorry, for bringing up a terrible memory like that. I --” He was cut off by a deep rumbling and crash on the other side of the room. “What was that?” He asked full alert.

The purple mare was full alert. “The volcano!” she said suddenly very afraid.

“VOLCANO!?” The Doctor repeated. “Well we have to get out of here then!” He pulled out the sonic screwdriver and held it up against the number pad on the container that held the newborn filly, who was no longer newborn sized. It whirred loudly for a moment but gave no other indication of working. “Dammit, don’t tell me it’s time locked!”

“The code number is 37267” the young mare said quickly. “That will unlock the growing chamber.”

The Doctor looked over to her then entered the number into the keypad, using the sonic to press the buttons. The chamber opened and Ditzy burst in to catch the filly inside before she fell.

“Now, we RUN!” The Doctor grabbed the young unicorn and took off down the corridor. She gave some resistance “This isn’t the way to the exit!” She yelled at him over the growing noise from the volcano the lab was built into.


“I know a short cut!” He looked into her scared eyes and smiled saying one of his more favorite lines in his travels. “Trust me, I’m the Doctor!” he looked up to make sure Ditzy was following, and nodded seeing her carrying a young grey unicorn in her hooves.

They burst into the TARDIS and the doors closed behind him. The teenage unicorn sat momentarily stupefied at where she was. The Doctor ran to the console flipped a few switches, just in time as debris had started falling on the outside. Ditzy sat next to her. “You ok?” She asked her. “I have no idea.” The unicorn sat in shocked silence. “I’m wondering if I’m still in my stasis chamber and my mind is crafting a very elaborate hallucination from the prolonged slumber.”

“Huh?” Derpy cocked her head and stared at the young mare strangely. “No… you’re in the TARDIS”

Author's Note:

well that didnt go as i originally planned. i had a much different plan for them to be fleeing the lab, but looking at that one vs the volcano that just wrote itself, the volcano sounds better.

also seems as if this chapter came out much longer than anticipated. hope the little longer wait time was worth it my lovely readers :P

Comments ( 10 )

1974240

Because of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff. That's the usual reason.

Anyways, great story, although it did kinda feel a bit rushed.

Comment posted by SailorYue deleted Jan 17th, 2013

1974268its not quite finished yet youll see :rainbowwild:1974240ill have to fix that, trouble with writing not all close to the same time. also, its a different planet/time than equestria.

Need more! I am enjoying this.:pinkiesmile:

I do like how you're writing Sparkler's voice (she's never spoken in the show, IIIRC). She sounds a bit like an experiment, doesn't she? Very precise and technical as if she knows the words but not really how to use them.

"They built this place in a volcano?"

"Um... Yes?"

"Wow! They're dumber than those types on that other planet that were fighting a war but didn't know why!"

Very interesting, I like the idea on how dinky was made I'm excited to read more.

>> BenRG actually she talked to rainbow in the episode that mare do well was in.:rainbowkiss:

Very nice story, but this chapter did seem rather rushed.

Very nice. I notice there's only one down vote. :flutterrage: WHY WOULD ANYONE DOWN-VOTE THIS STORY?!

2390038 because the last chapter is a bit rushed. ive been trying to get around to fixing it too, just been busy with a move, tax BS, plus my muse dumped a whole ton of ideas into my lap for this movie i fell in love with. :fluttershyouch:

Login or register to comment