• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 625 Views, 2 Comments

The Adventures of Dr.LunyJoy, Book 1. - Dr.LunyJoy



Dr.LunyJoy is a blue male unicorn with a brown mane. Unfortunately, he was dragged into changeling country unconscious without his pills for multipersonality disorder at the royal wedding.

  • ...
 2
 625

Chapter 4, Alcoholic Suggestions (Revised)

Author's Note:

Finally out! Also, all POV from Dr.lunyJoy are 1st person, whereas the others are not. The personalities are referred to as its.

I decided that it was best to take cover under shelter, thinking that more changelings would be coming. Wondering in the forest, I find two trees close together, with a soft ground and soft leaves. I walk under the canopy and I lay down in the warm bed.

The trees would have never shed their leaves by themselves back in the small villages. The leaves would have been assisted in changing color, but here the leaves are natural, rich, colors of brown, orange, and red. But the leaves fell in such numbers, they were
almost as comfortable as my bed at home. I gathered them on top of me as best I could.

I was scared. I had never fought in a battle before, and I didn’t want to be captured in the night. The only reason why I, surprisingly, pulled off my escape is cause my other personalities are a lot more badass than me. I had just killed changelings, the borderline between animal and sentience. This is something I had never done before. My only experience in fighting was being in the royal guard and dodging way too many hoofs in my childhood.
I mulled over my past two days, attempting to distract myself from my emotions. One of my physiatrists called it 'positive listing'.

• Attends wedding which gets destroyed
• Kidnaped by Changlings
• Repeatedly hurt in fights
• No more pills to subdue my multipersonality disorder
• Walks the wrong way for a whole day into enemy territory

I sigh as my face becomes wrinkled and my cutie mark changes. This is why I changed physiatrists.


Manehatten, eleven years ago


I lay down on my dinky apartment bed. My life is SO HARD! It has been nothing but stress from being mocked, taunted, and rejected. This is my last show. I should have known when I was younger that I couldn’t make enough to get into college just by playing music. The last one was th there was only one guy in the bar! He had been looking for a restroom! Now I can never have any money to get into college and I could be evicted any day now.

As I mutter to myself, I gets up and makes myself a drink. A cup of grog from some water, wheat, a fire, and a fermentation spell. I laid down in its bed feeling sorry for himself and drinking the alcohol. The grog actually tasted great.
Placing a rocking chair next to the window, I sat down to watch the innocent ponies, walking in the night, not a care in the world.

POW!

A very loud noise had just come from the neighbor’s room. “The GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE does fireworks for her next show.” Already getting up from my chair, I rush out the door and to the apartment.

It banged on Trixie’s door with his hoof as loud as it could. “Now watch as The GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIX- what!?” `The blue mare opened the door, looking down at the wrinkled blue colt. “Why do you wish to speak to The GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!?”

“You’re to darn loud. It is you youingin’s now a’ days, thinkin’ dat’ da’ whole world revoles around you. Now hush up so I can get some sleep.”

“The GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE will not except such unpolite questions.”

“Apology accepted. Goodnight.” The old colt walked back into his room.

“The GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE only accepts pleads.”

After waiting in the hallway for several minutes, Trixie goes back into her room to sleep.

The GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE likes his roommates better,” the show mare muttered to herself.

Was she on the fourth passenger car? Answer: no.

Twilight Sparkle ran into the last car, the caboose. Oddly enough it was a bar, including several drunken stallions and a female bartender. As twilight looked around the room Derpy was nowhere to be found. Twilight slumped over the bar, “a screwdriver please.”

Derpy had to be on the train somewhere! A pony couldn’t just walk out into terrain just as or less dangerous than the Everfree. Twilight would never let an innocent pony get in harm’s way.

“Coming right up,” the mare said to the lavender unicorn. “You down about something, you know muffins are a better solution than alcohol. Is there something getting you down?”

“Yeah. It is a long story, but I am trying to save this one pony," the drink slid across the table to her. "He's in a pretty bad situation, though, a mare is putting herself in danger when it wouldn't be worth the risk.” Twilight said looking acusingly at the bartender

“Well, ponies put themselves in danger when they would be useless, but they do it to help. So that whatever happens they can help their friends.,” the grey bartender said

Twilight responded while pushing the drink back towards the mare. "Derpy, I know it's you. Could you please just stop pretending?"

"How did you know it was me?"

"I knew it was you once you turned to face me. Just dressing up in an outfit doesn't make you invisible. Also, the drink tastes like burnt muffins." Twilight looked up at Derpy and sighed, “How much alcohol did this drink have?”

"I fermented a muffin then liquidated it." Derpy said with a blank stare that looked into Twilight's soul.

"Oh joy," she said sarcastically as she began to drink again. "Derpy, I understand as LunyJoy's friend you want to help, but this is a dangerous place. Changeling territory!" saying that generated a few turned heads.

"But twi-"

"Derpy. It is just too dangerous of a place for you. I'm not bringing Spike or any of my friends, why? Sure they would be helpful, like you, but because I am concerned for their safety."

"Not like your friends twilight, or even you, I'm his friend."

"And don't you think your friend would be concerned about your safety and would want your life risked for his?"

"Yeah, he would."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment