• Published 11th Dec 2012
  • 12,019 Views, 454 Comments

A Queen's Final Revenge - Little Wood



Chrysalis turns twilight into a changling

  • ...
54
 454
 12,019

Chapter 10

A Queen's Final Revenge
Chapter Ten

Twilight watched as her newest Predator trotted up the stairs, no doubt to apologize to his wife for his previous drunkenness. Twilight slowly trotted out of Cadenza estate, elated that she had finally found a way to truly help her brother out of his depression.

"Pinkie what's your status? Have you secured Time Turner?"

"Yes ma'am. Mission accomplished!"

"Okay good. Fluttershy how about you do."

"Oh things went fine over here."

"And what of Celestia?"

"She saw me."

"Well we'll worry about that later, for now let's worry about getting to the train, you'll both get a full debriefing there."

"Yes ma'am."

"Okie-dokie-lokie!"

Twilight continued to trot through the crowded streets of Canterlot. The city was quite peaceful, unaware that a changeling walked in their midst thinking of just how stupid they were. They're all oblivious. They have no true purpose, no calling, yet they kept on going. They'll keep going and going through their pointless lives until the day they no longer do. She would have thought further, but she heard guards yelling behind her. It's okay they don't know I'm a changeling. Celestia probably sent them out because she saw Fluttershy.

She was right, of course, they were out on the hunt for Fluttershy and another changeling they could find. Twilight decided to pick up the pace ever so slightly, not enough to look suspicious but like she was late for a train. The guards continued to gain ground, as they chased down Twilight.

"Miss Sparkle, Princess Celestia had requested your audience." said one of the two guards as he put his hoof on her shoulder.

At that sentence Twilight's deceptive little head popped an idea. "Of course take me to her." "Pinkie, Fluttershy. Head home without me, I have something to attend to here. If there's a problem back at the hive Fluttershy's in charge."

"Yes ma'am."

"Oh come on why does Fluttershy get to be in charge. I want to be in charge! I want to be in charge!

"Pinkie stop whining and get over here. I might need some back up if this thing goes sour."

"Yes Twilight, but why does Fluttershy get to be in charge."

"Because she doesn't whine, now get over here."

"Sure Twilight!" Pinkie said as she jumped our of the bush Twilight and the guards were passing.

"Wha!" exclaimed both the guards at once.

"Don't question it guys, if you do it just gives you a head ache. She'll be accompanying me to me the Princess."

"Okay, but if she's coming with us please tell her not to do that?"

"Of course."

They continued to trot over the cobble stone streets, Twilight exited for some personal time with her teacher, the guards happy that their shift would be over after this delivery, and Pinkie going crazy trying to hold in her energy. Then they saw it. The castle in all it's glory. They walked through the front gate continuing their trek to the main castle.

As they walked through the front door Twilight got the feeling that something was going to go wrong. She decided to ignore that feeling and tell herself that it would work itself out. She had no idea how right she was the first time. They walked through the grand halls, admiring the the gilded arches, the pillars shimmering as pearl, and the breath-taking stain-glass windows telling the story of their fair country as they passed by.

Eventually they came to a magnificent marble door adorned by a gilded sun. Using magical auras of gold and blue, the guards opened the door to revel a equally beautiful room. The wall were of the purest pearl adorned by a-thousand golden, the ceiling was covered in the most beautiful mural either of the two changelings had ever seen. It was a cloudless sky of the purest blue, and in it's center was a golden sun radiating rays of silver light throughout the design. It truly was the most aw-inspiring thing either of the two had ever seen, but the true beauty of the room lied not in the amount of precious metal used in its making but in the entity occupying the center of it. Celestia in her purest form, unspoiled by her usual regalia. Her coat shone white, making pearls jealous, her prismatic mane waving in a wind that wasn't there, and those shining pink eyes. The eyes that could dig into your very soul and pull out your most prized secret with merely a glance.

As the two former ponies entered the room they took all this in and more. Twilight was still worried as Celestia motioned for them to take a seat. Twilight and Pinkie did as instructed as the guards left the room to stand guard. "So Princess what would be the honor of our visit."

"Cut the pleasantries Twilight, I know something's going on and I want to know what." Celestia did not look amused, almost angry.

"Whatever do you mean Princess. Is something the matter?" Twilight asked with mock concern.

"Yes, something is the matter. The changelings are back and more powerful than ever. Just one of them managed to take out two whole battalions of guards and walk into my room and knock me out."

"Really, one changeling managed to do all that?" Twilight asked mockingly.

"Don't mock me child. This is the security of the entire country on the line, and I have reason to believe you have something to do with it."

"Who, me. Oh Princess you must have to wrong mare. Why would I ever work with the changelings."

"I know not Twilight, but we learned something from a changeling that we captured that leads me to believe you're involved. You see by monitoring his brain waves we figured out that changelings don't dream." Celestia said as she began to circle the two changelings.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Twilight asked, genuine concern creeping into her voice.

"It has to do with every thing.",Celestia snapped,"My sister has told me that not a single pony in Ponyville dreams anymore, that is except for one. You Twilight, you are the only one in all of Ponyville that dreams. You know what that says to me,"Twilight shook her head even though she knew the answer," It says that your either the only one unaffected or your that cause."

"Celestia I swear I didn't mean anything by it, but I had to save them. I couldn't just sit on the sidelines and let them die." Twilight sobbed as she broke down crying and dropped her disguise.

Celestia ceased her circling and stared Twilight in the eye "I will give you a day to get out of my castle and back to your hole, after that I will send the entirety of my forces after you. I will eradicate your filth and save you as my personal pet. Now leave my sight before I change my mind." said stoically as she turned away from the beast that was once her student, as not to look at the monstrosity any longer than necessary.

Twilight complied with the order and teleported herself and Pinkie strait to Fluttershy ,who at this point was on the train on her way back to Ponyville.

"Princess, any other orders?"

"Yes, prepare the soldiers. Tomorrow we march to war."