• Published 30th Nov 2012
  • 1,243 Views, 13 Comments

Fluttershy Peace Corps - The Interviews - FluttershysPeaceCorp



Fluttershy Peace Corps committee is interviewing the new, potentional members of the organization.

  • ...
2
 13
 1,243

2_Trixie

Made in the group Fluttershy Peace Corps

Collaborators :

TheWhiteWolf125
fluttershy97
HyperRandomness

Chapter 2

The Great And Powerful Trixie

The Fluttershy Peace Corps committee, having survived the trash can onslaught, which had left a large crater in one of the central halls, now found themselves far away from the main building, somewhere in the Everfree forest.

It was called the “The Flutter Bunker”. Believed to be able to withstand the strongest of earthquakes and storms. Stony, shadowy walls surrounded everypony as they descended down into the safety of the structure.

Only one thing was clear as the sunny skies of Ponyville : the interviews had to continue.

“So.....who’s up next?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Don’t worry, this time everything will be just fine. I believe we have survived the worst of it,” Twilight added, being quite sure nothing bad could possibly happen ever again.

“Ummm.....let me see,” said Fluttershy as she picked up the next CV.

“I think it’ll be somepony we don’t even now,” the purple mare continued with all her ideas, “a nice, kind-hearted mare or stallion, ready to help our cause.”

“Eeeeep......it says that.....the next one is....Trixie Lulamoon,” their leader announced.

“Huh?....I won’t let her.....ups.....” said Twilight, while glancing sideways, ”.....errrr....never mind....heh.....just remembered that I have to do something really important. Forgetful me!”

The mare teleported away before anypony could say anything.

That was too bad, since it was just about to get good.

A bright flash blinded everypony in the room, and was followed quickly by many loud noises and successive flashes.

A deep, echoing voice boomed through the room, “Mares and Gentlecolts, it’s time for the moment you’ve all been waiting for! She’s here, she’s Great and Powerful, she’s incredulously astonishing, she’s the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!!” A couple of coughs were heard before anything else happened, followed by, “Man, that’s a tough voice.”

Snails jumped into the room while the smoke cleared a bit, holding his hooves up towards the door he’d just leapt through.

More explosions of light and bursts of color shot through the door, popping here and there and just making a mess of... well, everything. If it was possible that something in the room hadn’t been knocked over, then it was the end of the world.

A cart, just big enough to fit, rolled through the open door. Sparklers of every kind flared to life as it came into view, but vanished behind a wall of light and a shower of sparks. Several pipes began to spew flames and sparks as the cart rolled further in, making a larger spectacle of the scene.

Spinning wheels, flying fireworks and electricity arcing around burned themselves into the vision of everypony in the room.

It took several minutes for the excitement to die down.

As the light faded, a single pony was left standing.

Tri- “THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE HAS ARRIVED!”

Hmph.

Trixie announced her own arrival, rudely, might I add, and struck a pose that only she knew. Her starry hat and cape billowed in the wind, which was being lamely projected by a nearby fan.

Having regained their wits, the other occupants of the room righted their chairs and took a seat.

Without further delay, Trixie had begun to make a big show of herself.

“Watch in awe as THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE exceeds every expectation a pony could have!” the showmare said, fanfare playing in the background.

“....Allright.....then could you tell us,” Fluttershy couldn’t finish as she was interrupted by the magician.

“Nay, nay! THE GREATEST EQUINE WHO HAS EVER LIVED has not yet been introduced to the audience as she spectacularly deserves!” green fireworks popped once again to prove her point, “be amazed as the MOST FASCINATING UNICORN prevails in her quest, performing feats beyond all imagination! Only THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE has the magic strong enough to beat the dreaded Ursa Major.”

“Ahem’.....you already told us all’ that poppycock,” Applejack observed.

Trixie discreetly signalled for more fireworks to give herself some thinking time as she struck an amazing pose, her white teeth blinding pony eyes as much as the next wave of green-red sparks. Looking at the audience, Trixie weighed all the options she had.

Informing everypony about the Ursa Major had become a tradition and the showmare hadn’t realized that somepony might hear it twice in a row so something new was needed.....and fast.

“Well, the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE is going to bet you haven’t heard of the time that... she, uh...” Trixie paused for but a moment, quickly throwing together the biggest lie she could possibly muster.

Needless to say, it was a bad idea from the start.

“The time that THE MOST POWERFUL MARE IN EQUESTRIA, TRIXIE, defeated a force so powerful that even her own might was barely enough!” Trixie struck a pose, setting the cue for more fireworks and excessively loud music.

“THE ALMIGHTY TRIXIE shall now recall the time that she... uh... the time that she DEFEATED THE PRINCESSES!” Trixie bit her own tongue. It was stupid enough to try to get anypony to believe she had taken down even ONE Princess, especially with them still alive, but it would be another story entirely to try to get anypony to believe she had taken down BOTH.

Trixie needed a good explanation, and fast, as she could immediately tell every face in the room bore a look of disbelief. With quick thinking and a bit of whimsy, she blurted, “I-In another dimension!”

Two faces rose to excitement, one being of a particular pink psychopath mare and the other of a chromatic speedster. Whether out of intrigue or not, they were listening. That was enough to get Trixie going.

“How did you do that?” the questions started rolling in.

“Heh....piece of cake.....I....exploited their w......greatest weakness....”

“OOOOOO!” the audience exclaimed in surprise.

“But first....let me tell you something else....”

The showmare tried to avoid the uncomfortable topic, maybe the ponies would just believe her.

“Stop delayin’!”

“Yea!”

“Tell us!”

Several voiced echoed from the audience, demanding more details.

“Huh? Don’t believe THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE? THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE thought that she established the fact that there can be no doubt about THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE’S magical prowess!” the mare said stubbornly as she quickly regained her confidence.

“Umm...let’s start with small steps....tell us, why did you fight the princesses in the first place,” said Fluttershy, clearly not happy with the notion.

Blast! The showmare hadn’t realized that fighting royalty wasn’t good for her reputation....hmmm....and least not like this....just a little bit more imagination....just a bit....

“Erm....” Trixie had to act fast, “....ummm....”

“Liar!” somepony condemned her.

The word “liar” was just like a keyword that caused the mare to show off even more, having an even greater effect on her future actions.

The fireworks were now firing at full power. Many ponies felt dizzy as smoke dangerously filled the room, topped off by all the colors a pony could think of.

“Behold THE UNCOMPROMISING AND MAGNIFICENT POWER OF THE UNDOUBTEDLY GREAT AND SUPREMELY ALL MIGHTY TRIXIE - THE MOST AMAZING EQUINE WHO HAS EVER LIVED IN ALL OF EQUESTRIA AND LANDS FAR BEYOND ANY POSSIBLE IMAGINATION!” having said that the magician conjured up a small projection of two little foals, which somewhat represented a mini-Celestia and Luna, both wearing diapers and crying.

*The audience gasped, still trying to understand, what she was trying to point out.

“You see my dearest and most kind admirers,” the magician said smugly, “a long time ago both our cute, little, cuddly princesses were just little foals....so the peace of Equestria was kept by no other pony, but THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!”

With that the showmare had cleverly managed to avoid her having a battle with Celestia and Luna....at least....but now she was going way too far to look good.

Also she was quite lucky that Twilight wasn’t here - no other ponies could point out the flaws in her story....at the given moment she was actually doing just fine.

“So....not Celestia and Luna....well.....what princesses did you fight then? Hold on....what about the elements of harmony?” Rainbow said as she followed the leads to Trixie’s possible demise.

“Ummm....but of course!” said the showmare, deciding that Equestrian history could be altered....just a little....no harm done, “Certainly! It was the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE who held all the elements of harmony! Nopony could question her might!”

What better way to hide a lie than with more lies?

Trixie, thinking on her hooves, devised a quick story that was sure to wrap up any loose ends of her previous tales. It would be foalproof, believable and would bring the lies to a stop.

“Trixie didn’t do battle with the Princesses that reside over this current land, no. THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE engaged in combat with the Princesses of... time and space themselves!”

Damn.

A chorus of awed gasps echoed about the room, drawing the curious eye of each of its occupants.

“How did you do that?” one asked, immediately punching a hole in her already paper-thin guise.

“By... wielding the elements of harmony, of course!” Nice save, Trixie. “Yes, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE, being as GREAT AND POWERFUL as she is, had to bear the AWESOME and DEATH-DEFYING weight that was all six of the elements simultaneously to tame time and space themselves!”

Trixie struck a pose, sweating only just enough to be noticed. Nopony took note of it, thankfully, so Trixie stood and hoped they wouldn’t question her further.

“Why were you fighting time and space in the first place?” the inquisitive voice struck again.

Double damn.

Trixie put on the fakest grin anypony had ever seen, but quickly regained her resolve. More lies to cover the lies that were intended to hide the lies that were drawn from the lies about the first lie. Honestly, this couldn’t go on much longer, right?

Right... I think.

With a confident smile, Trixie exclaimed, “THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE wasn’t just fighting time and space, no, she was fighting for EQUESTRIA ITSELF!” A couple of fireworks went off behind the cart, which sparked a few utterings from two unseen bodies.

With a slight frown and less of a stupid stance, Trixie began, “It all started when THE ALMIGHTY TRIXIE was governing over this land that you call Equestria. She wanted to keep the peace, but Time and Space disagreed with her. THE ALMIGHTY TRIXIE saw this as treachery, since she created time and space, so she lashed out against them in a mighty battle that lasted for eras on end! In one final, magnificent blow, THE ALMIGHTY TRIXIE shot some of her power into Time and Space, reverting them into what you see before your very eyes. This, however, had consequences on the no-longer all that almighty TRIXIE. She degraded herself to save the very universe itself, and has become what you see before you today.”

The holes in her story outnumbered those in a mile-long block of swiss cheese.

Trixie scanned the on-lookers for any signs of doubt, and started to question her own capabilities when she noticed that most of the faces in the room bore questioning.
“Enough about THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE! She wants to know if she is in the group or not!” Trixie demanded, quickly shifting the topic as to prevent herself from being discovered.

“Wait, you created time and space?” that annoying voice rang out once more.

Triple damn.

“But....of course....was there ever any doubt?”

“How did you do that?”

“That’s a secret....” she blurted out, “may the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE join the group or not?

“I must admit that story is rather.....unbelievable” said Fluttershy as she now had the chance to start the talking, “Twilight should really be here...ummm.....”

“Am I in or out?” Trixie asked, not being able to wait any longer.

“That’s not so simple.....I need the other’s opinion.....If anypony’s got more questions for our candidate - speak now or forever hold your peace.”

Glancing at the CV she noted the silence that had fallen in the bunker. Was it really the end? Just some unbelievable gibberish and she’s in? Can’t be, not in this prestigious establishment.

“I OBJECT!” said Twilight as she had burst into the bunker, holding a wheel in her hooves and laughing uncontrollably.

“Hey.....there you are....finally,” Rainbow Dash greeted her, “Trixie’s been telling us, how she had created the universe with the elements of harmony.”

Twilight’s eyes were wide open - ready to beat any foe with her extensible knowledge.
“Is that so? Well, she must now everything about our universe then....I happen to know a lot of nasty questions “the great and powerful Trixie” could answer.”

“Go ahead,” their leader encouraged her as she was happy to see such commitment.

“If you created the universe, who created Trixie then?”

“That’s simple, ” the showmare was as confident as ever, “nopony created the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE, she has existed beyond all space and time!”

“Hmmmm.....well I guess no proving that.....” Twilight wondered what to do.

“You see this my admirers? THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE is destined to get into the Fluttershy Peace Corps!”

Twilight dropped the wheel, which then rolled off into a corner and fell over.

She thought for a moment, trying to come up with any good questions to disprove Trixie.

At least one came to mind.

“Well, if you created everything, why don’t you rule over it all?” she asked with a smug grin.

Rainbow Dash chimed in, “Well, she already explained that, so if you were here awhile ago, you’d get it.”

Twilight’s face fell as Trixie only gained a smirk.

Twilight sat on her haunches to think some more, but Trixie interrupted with, “THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE tires of waiting to hear if she is in or not! She wants to know right now!” She emphasized the last two words with hoof stomps, but accidentally triggered another fireworks display activation.

Several sparklers shot off this way and that, one of which accidentally set a chair on fire. Other blinding pyrotechnics, like sparking wheels, miniature rockets and a few fire-throwers that lit the ceiling on fire.

Whoops.

The ‘great and powerful’ Trixie, not having expected this to happen, was immediately thrown into a panic with the rest of the occupants of the room... save for Twilight. Trixie dove for cover behind a table that’d been knocked over by one of the rockets, cowering in fear like a little filly.

Twilight, who’d practically been expecting something to go wrong, sprang into action. Her horn lit up and the wheel hovered swiftly to her, which she flung at the showmare’s cart.

It connected with a loud SMACK and toppled it, extinguishing all of the pyrotechnic displays simultaneously.

With another move, she picked up the wheel again and hurled it to the ceiling, breaking off one of the sprinklers that had been installed there. She made a quick mental note to call the repairstallion to get them checked, but this was shortly interrupted by a downpour of water across the room.

With a victorious grin, she trotted over to the table where Trixie was hiding and tossed it aside. “Who’s great and powerful now?

Trixie, being the ‘great and powerful’ liar she was, devised another lie right on cue.

She stood up with a stance only she knew and shouted, “THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE prevails over certain disaster once again!” She turned to the rest of the group and continued, “THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE took control of poor, helpless Twilight and made her do those things that saved you all!”

A few surprised gasps and one dumbstruck Twilight later, every chair had been righted and the room’s occupants were talking amongst themselves once more.

The wheel, no longer in use, rolled off to another corner and toppled over.

“Fluttershy, you know that this is ridiculous,” Twilight reassured their leader.

“I know.....but we can’t prove her wrong......we might just have to.....eeeep.....let her join.”

“Nonsense, you must give me more time with this.”

“....Go ahead.”

Twilight now turned to Trixie once again, preparing her next attack.

“Mind control? That is not possible, even the highest level spells can’t do this.”

“Easy, that is because the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE is far more superior than any highest level unicorn!”

“Oh, my....I must admit that you are very strong.....nopony can beat you,” surprisingly Twilight started to praise her abilities.

“This only proves that the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE is the greatest equine who has ever lived!” the showmare said, feeling that great taste of victory.

“....And....you also must be the smartest of all unicorns.”

“Yes! Yes! It’s true, my dear admirers! Was there ever any doubt?”

“Then.....could you show us your amazing abilities by answering a math question?”

Trixie gulped.

When it came to mathematics - Twilight was the biggest troll of them all.

“He....he...I don’t see why not.”

“Excellent! How about something simple? What is the square root of seven?”

“Huh....” said Trixie, not understanding the point of this, ‘’a pony doesn’t have to be the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE to know that it is thr....errr....that the answer is approximately two!”

“Is that all?” Twilight smiled having gotten her into the trap.

“Ok....that’s not everything....it also has more numbers after the point....thing....the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE says that it is two point five....something.”

“Oh, really? I think it’s more like,” Twilight took a deep breath so she could begin the avalanche, “two point six four five seven five one three one one zero six four five nine zero five nine zero five zero one six one five seven five three six three....and....errrr.....nine three!

The audience was stunned by such performance. Still Trixie didn’t hesitate with her answer.

“Ha!....You see, my dear admirers, that’s the wrong answer,” she glanced at Fluttershy with a grin, “I hadn’t realized that Twilight would get that far....so....THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE will show you, how it’s done.”

“I can’t have made a mistake,” said the purple mare unsure of herself, looking at her hooves as if trying to do a recount with them.

“Oh....it’s quite basic....you filly.”

“Well...what’s the right answer then?”

“Piece of cake! It’s actually : two point six four five seven five three four two nine eight one one one zero two five six three seven nine eight two one four five six two five one zero two three eight nine five two three.....and no “errrr” or “arrr” - it’s definitely the correct anwer, you silly baby!”

The audience was puzzled as nopony had managed to actually memorize their answers.

“Umm....” Fluttershy tried to say something.

“THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE demands that Twilight acknowledges that THE GREAT AND WISE TRIXIE was right all along!”

“....I don’t know....” the purple mare said quietly.

“You see this Fluttershy? She doesn’t know! THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE has once again proven to be the greatest mare who has ever lived!”

This was it! With Twilight gone out of the picture, nopony could stop her from reaching her goals.

“Well?” the showmare ushered Fluttershy to make a final decision.

The yellow mare looked all over the room to no avail.

“Has anypony got any more questions for...”

“For THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE....don’t you ever forget that,” Trixie added and moved her head upwards to show, how upset she was.

Silence.

Nopony said anything, mostly just wanting to get away from the smoke filled room already.

“But...” a small voice mentioned, “I don’t get it.”

“What could you possibly not understand! THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE has aced the interview and that’s that.”

The showmare conjured a title “EPIC WIN”. That levitated above the mare’s head, showing everypony her thoughts, which always required an abnormal usage of capital letters.

“Did she lie to us?....Is that even possible?” the unknown voice continued.

Trixie was outraged “EVERY....I REPEAT....EVERY WORD FROM TRIXIE’S MOUTH IS TRUTH AND ONLY THE TRUTH....DON’T YOU DARE TO QUESTION THEM.”

*gulp

“WHO SAID THAT?”

Yet another moment of silence graced them all.
“Nopony? Good! Fluttershy, are we done here?”

“Ummm....yes?”

That came out as a question rather than an answer.

“GREAT! I see that all of you will need some time to consider Trixie’s greatness....so....have fun...Trixie will leave now then....bye...”

Saying that she left the room in a hurry, not being the patient time.

“I can’t believe this...will we accept her as a member of Fluttershy Peace Corps?” Twilight was stunned.

“Somepony hasn’t said everything yet.....Snails?....Why did you say that Trixie had lied?” said Fluttershy as she was the only one who had seen the unknown speaker.

“Trixie is so great!....but..I mean....she said that...”

“Go on.”

“At the start of her tale....she said that...it all happened in another dimension...I don’t get it....how did this Trixie get to that dimension...it’s impossible.”

“That is true!” Twilight said to their leader, “inter-dimensional travel is impossible! We must put that in mind.”

“Sure we will,” said Fluttershy, being relieved that Trixie’s story had holes in it after all, “take a break everypony, we need to vent the bunker before the next interviewee comes in.”

Comments ( 1 )

Ok new rule for the corps NO BRAGGING!

Login or register to comment