• Published 27th Oct 2012
  • 11,085 Views, 603 Comments

My Little Halo: Survival is Magic - Dusk Writer



Master Chief on Equestria. What will happen?

  • ...
55
 603
 11,085

5. The Hunter

It had been over a year since the hunter and his brother had crashed into this world and his brother was killed. The remaining of the two had decided to start calling itself Hunter, for the only other one that knew his identity was now gone; he had forgotten his name. So, he took the name the humans had given him. He was in a bad situation. The forerunner metal he had been eating was now gone, and he needed to find a new source.

After two nights of hunger, the worms in his right arm began to die; deactivating the fuel rod gun attached to his arm. When hope was seeming to be lost, a miracle happened. The ground shook as Hunter looked to the sky. Could it be? Was this a giant hunk of metal racing to the ground? A new source! With this, he could continue to feed until he grew too big for his armor. Then, he would split, having the extra worms fill the armor that used to belong to his brother.

He waited a full day before setting out to this new source of food that had come down. As he left, night began to fall upon this forest that he now called home. He was well into the trees when suddenly, something was wrong. There was a heat behind him that should not be there. He turned and began walking back to his home area. The ground shook with each step he took.

He came within view of his home and found, intruders. There were fourteen total. They had obviously sensed he was close, as one of the ones wearing armor, nothing compared to his own, dumped water on the fire from a nearby stream. It did not matter anyways, he could still see them. As the rage began to spread from one worm to the next, the worms in his right arm came alive again with renewed strength. How DARE they defile the final resting place of his brother?! They would not make it past the night! He raised his arm and started charging the fuel rod gun.

One of creatures, a light-yellow winged one, let out a scream as he fired. He had targeted the closest one to him, a lavender horned creature. When it was about to hit, one of the armored intruders pushed it out of the way and took the hit itself. It did not matter, he would kill them all in his blind rage!

Suddenly, one of the armored ones dashed out of hiding. Good, an easy target. He began charging the gun again, aiming at the guard when sensed something else. He turned, flinging his shield out and accidentally hitting a human in the face, sending him flying. Hunter decided to apologize later. He turned around preparing to fire again when a weight pulled down on his shield, throwing off his aim and missing. He looked and saw it was the human again. Didn't he realize it had been an accident?

Suddenly, the human jumped over his shoulder and onto Hunter's back. What in the world was he doing? Then the human pushed an object into Hunter between a few of the worms in his back, jumping off immediately. He shook himself like a dog to make sure the human was off. His rage having faded, he suddenly had sense of finality. He would get to see his brother again, of this he was certain.

When he saw his brother again, he would be very gla-
~~~~~

Who am I? Hunter. Ah yes, that was my title. These thoughts went sluggishly through the one worm's mind as the biggest intruder lifted him up with telekinesis it seemed, and placed him into a small container. All it knew now, was to feed, split into a second, and begin a colony. As it nibbled on a piece of metal that had been placed into the cylinder with it, the vibrations of voices sank into him. The one voice he could make out, he decided would be his new parent figure. The only words he understood from this voice was, "Master Chief."