• Published 27th Oct 2012
  • 11,085 Views, 603 Comments

My Little Halo: Survival is Magic - Dusk Writer



Master Chief on Equestria. What will happen?

  • ...
55
 603
 11,085

6. First Impressions

As the guardspony ran out of the cover of the small overhang, everything seemed to slow down for a few seconds. He ran past the crater where his close friend Self Sacrifice had been utterly destroyed. He ignored the fact that he would probably look like that in a few seconds.

He dove through the line of trees at the edge of the clearing and continued to run. He felt the heat of one of the green balls charge past him by five feet; a narrow miss. What had caused it to miss though? Had the Princess begun her attack on the creature? He was sure that she had perhaps been able to at least escape.

It was then that he heard a muffled thump, completely different from the large creature's strange weapon. He completely turned around and saw that he was no longer in sight of the clearing. "Oh no!" He began running towards the line in the trees and burst through to see that there was orange blood and gore covering almost every inch of the trees in area.

As he finished his observation, he was overcome with shock. Whatever had done this, could it have done it to the Princesses? He quickly found the being responsible for the death of the giant. It was standing close to the Princesses and getting closer. He would not allow it to hurt them! He grabbed a nearby spear from his fallen friend. The beast hadn't noticed him yet; he still had the element of surprise. He leveled the spear and charged.
~~~~~~~~~~

"Call me Master Chief," the Chief said. He needed another person he could trust, and it was looking like these ponies were going to be the only ones he could trust after Cortana. He was about to walk forward to examine the rest of the group that was currently hiding from him, when suddenly there was a moving white blip rushing towards his six.

He turned just in time to catch a spearhead with the side of his arm instead of his back. The metal head and wooden shaft shattered. He easily slid around to the side and threw a quick jab to the pony's side, denting the armor and fracturing the rib. He didn't want to hurt the pony too bad, just in case came back and bit him later.

"No!" a female voice cried out. Suddenly, a second blip rushed at him at speeds that surpassed even Kelly. He braced himself just in time thanks to the augmentations Halsey gave him. By the time the object hit him, it had all the effect of a tennis ball being thrown against a brick wall. He looked to see who had flown into him. He saw that it was a cyan pegasus mare with a mane and tail of rainbow colors. She was unconscious with a lump swelling up on her forehead. She would have a heavy concussion just from running into him headfirst.

"Chief look out!" Cortana shouted as the original pony in armor charged at him again, but this time with a new friend. It was yet again another mare, but this one was orange with a blonde mane and tail. Just before they got to him, they stopped, turned around, and were preparing to double buck him when Cortana suddenly yelled out, "Chief, mild power building! It's coming from the white of the two normal sized horses!" Just as Chief brought his arms to bear to guard from the attack, a gold aura enveloped his entire body and the two charging ponies.

"ENOUGH!" Yelled the same pony whom Cortana had just identified was charging power. She levitated all of them, including the injured mare to the ground in front of her. She set the mare down on the ground in front of her. “We came here guard, to investigate the area of effect where the larger object landed, and to also possibly make peaceful meetings with any alien life forms!”

The guard visibly paled and hung his head in shame. “I am sorry milady, I have failed you.” As she released him from the field of magic, he walked over to where the Chief was still being held. “I am sorry creature. I was overzealous and thought you were attacking my Princess. I hope you will forgive me.” Just like the others, he did not expect the creature to know perfect Equestrian, so you would have to understand his surprise when Chief replied.

“You should get that cracked rib checked.” The Chief knew the feeling of panic that the guard had no doubt felt. “It’s fine. I know how you felt.” The orange mare looked at him in surprise as she was lowered next.

“Applejack, I understand why you charged out to defend Rainbow Dash, but next time, give me a little more time to get things under control.” The white alicorn, which Cortana had told Chief she was when she had been talking to the guard, said.

“Ah understand Princess. I’ll give ya’ll enough time next time we meet a weird alien thing-a-majig.” The mare walked over to her friends, who were gathered around Rainbow Dash. John now had a good view of the rest of the group. It included two alicorns; a white one with a rainbow mane and tail and a smaller light blue one with a night-like tail and mane, six guards, and six ponies that looked more like civilians.

John wasn't too worried about these ponies, except for one; the pink one. She just sat there and looked at him with a smile before going to her fallen friend.

"Ok then 'Master Chief', I'm going to put you down. Do not try anything. My name is Princess Celestia." The glow around the white alicorn's horn vanished as did the aura around Chief, releasing him from the golden prison. "First of all, what is the name of your species?"

Since she appeared to be genuinely curious, Chief went ahead and told her. "My specie's name is human." As soon as he finished this though, Celestia's eyes opened wide in rage and her horn began to glow a more brilliant gold than before.

"Chief! There's an energy signature building around her horn again, and it's much stronger than before! She's going to send a blast of energy at you!" Cortana was now incredibly worried. She hadn't seen an energy source like this before. It could pick up objects and shoot beams but it seemed as though it came naturally to the unicorns and alicorns.

"Cortana, remember the training course with the anti-scorpion missile? Can you track how fast the beam shoots so that I can deflect it?" Of course Cortana would never forget the test she and John had first passed together. However, this would be harder since she had no idea how fast these bolts of energy could move, and the amount of energy the alicorn's horn was emitting was incredible; easily the same amount of destructive power of an anti-tank missile! This was not a creature you would want as an enemy.

The light of the horn was now blindingly bright. The Chief noted that the lavender unicorn had noticed what Celestia was doing and was trying to stop her. Suddenly, a beam of pure light shot forward from her horn straight towards Master Chief. Time slowed down for him, so he almost didn't need Cortana's help deflecting, almost.

As he brought his right hand across his chest, the shields on the palm of his hand hardened. His palm connected with the bolt of light, the two different energies fighting each other for a fraction of a second before his shields won. The bolt shot off into the forest, going a good fifty feet before creating an explosion that left a crater twenty feet in diameter. The civilians stared at their Princess and the crater in shock; they had never seen their leader so mad.

Since the Chief was distracted for half a second, he was quickly enveloped by the golden glow again. “You humans! I told you to stay away from this planet thousands of years ago! But you never listen! You come down in your big ships and constantly try to push us out! In fact, it’s been so long since I last saw a human that I had forgotten what you all looked like!” She was fuming, almost literally. “Now, I am going to cast spell that will allow us into your mind, so we may see what your leaders were thinking, sending you here alone.” And so, she proceeded to unlock and take off his helmet.
~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight was in shock. All of this had happened so fast. The large creature defeated by an explosion from within, the Master Chief then knocking Rainbow out without even trying, making the Princess so mad that she had used over half of her power to create an explosive piece of magic only to have it deflected by the bipedal human, and now, she was going to see the memories of this creature.

Celestia pulled the helmet off of the human, revealing his face. It was odd, the creature definitely had a face, but it was like her mind couldn’t put the face into perspective. She couldn’t even describe what it looked like.

Celestia walked up to the creature, horn aglow and was about to touch it to his forehead, when the Master Chief spoke. “Be careful, you may not like what find inside of my memories.” Celestia hesitated for a moment before proceeding to touch the horn to his head.

Suddenly, as a darkness began to overtake Twilight’s mind, she heard a feminine voice, the same as earlier surprisingly, yell out, “Chief!” Then the darkness completely overtook her.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I don't know why, but I don't feel too comfortable about this chapter. If you could tell me if anything is wrong or something isn't descriptive enough, please tell me. Thank you! :)