• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 614 Views, 5 Comments

Captain Equestria - Crusadier

  • ...
 5
 614

Prologue

The war.

Some say it could have been avoided. It couldn't have, it was inevitable. Let me start from the beginning.

Humans have been living with us for many years, from the time Princess Celestia was born to now. Everything back then was normal, serene, and absolutely fine. The capital of Equestria was untouched, Princess Celestia wasn't working on some sort of project, and right around the time I was born the war started. Everything was relatively peaceful; To the crops being grown to Sweet Apple Acre's still being up; to Ponyville still standing. It started with an attack on Canterlot, by an organization that gathered to attack us. A hidden alliance of the worst humans had to offer. Where they all came from, and where they had staged this from is a mystery, but the result was obvious; I personally don't know much myself, but they call themselves today 'Humanity First'. All we know about them is that they are desperate and knew something that made peace with ponies seem like it wasn’t an option. Not that it mattered. They slaughtered whoever was in their wake to get to the Princesses. They were relentless in their assault, never falling back, never giving up. Some even went out of their way to slaughter defenseless families. They seemed dead-set on exterminating every pony they came across. Brutality hardly even begins to describe the anger, hatred and fanaticism with which they fought and murdered ponies.

The Royal Guard obviously did not respond well to this attack, and when they tried to defend, they only found themselves at the mercy of the soldiers. The soldiers themselves wielded unique weapons that were ballistic. Each shot could kill a pony, and the Royal Guard's armor was enchanted, yes, but not having enough defense for the weapons the humans themselves were using; weapons that seemed to defy the laws of physics, killing ponies in a burst of fire and deafening boom like a lightning strike. When unicorns tried to fight back, they found that they couldn't even put their magic around a single human. Almost everybody was defenseless. The Royal Guard was pushed back from the sheer force and power of the assault, and some even ran away from the battle. They were cowards. Then the princesses came in with their unique magic, though the humans fought furiously with their terrifying weapons, but the might of the Princesses was unchallengeable. Unicorns picked up the weapons with their magic and began to fight back. One by one, they were pushed back. After two hours, they were forced out of the city and forced to fall back.

The joy of victory was short lived, and bittersweet. The fanatical humans had claimed so many lives from both the guards and even the civilians that even both the Princesses wept openly, in sight of all their subjects. It was utter carnage, and the damage they had caused in so short a time looked like it would take an eternity to heal from. There were many funerals held throughout Canterlot and beyond. The organization attacked other villages on their fallback. But not all humans were bad. Some even tried fighting back, saying that it was wrong. They were told lies to make them believe the equines were evil. It has been five years into the war and still, we have been trying to fight back. We were on a balancing act. Humans dug foxholes and held the lines with phalanxes of tanks and curtains of machinegun fire, we used our finesse and magic to attempt to overwhelm and intimidate them into surrender. We adapted their technology into ours and the Elements Of Harmony's wielders have tried helping out the best they could, they were given the right resources to aid in the coming war. With the resources they were granted, the wielders of the Elements of Harmony advanced Equestria up to, if not beyond that of the resources, technology and weapons of Humanity First. It was for the best too, as they really stepped up their own game soon thereafter.

Fluttershy tended to the wounded and researched in to more poultices and health potions. Her research would lead to potions and elixirs that made the older medicine of Equestria seem medieval and obsolete. Rarity designed armor and tried to her best to make the soldiers of Equestria steeled against the raw power of Humanity’s weapons. Twilight worked on weapons and other advanced war fighting systems in an attempt to outmaneuver the already technologically advanced humans. On that discussion, many have heard rumors of there being an argument between Celestia, Luna, and Twilight on distributing it or even using it. Some of the weapon systems she had designed seemed to defy what Twilight had learned about Harmony; that the war was beginning to change her in a way that was in no way encouraging. Spike occasionally finds her crying in a corner of her office, trying to convince herself that it is all necessary for the survival of Equestria and the pony species. That there was no way that she could allow Humanity First to succeed and cause Equestria and the other nations of the world unending misery and destruction.

She worked on laser technology and other secret projects with the help of Spike, her assistant. Applejack was an all around help with most of them. For the most part, she was able to use her knowledge of the earth to locate resources vital to the continuation of the war effort. Our technology was not as streamlined as the humans’ and we needed more resources to make things that humans seemed to be able to produce almost wholesale. Pinkie Pie worked on morale boosting, mainly through newspapers, radio and other forms of popular media, but she disappeared and was involved in a heavy set of secret projects recently alongside Twilight Sparkle. Rainbow Dash said she was working on a super secret project. One day, a covert pony from the agency controlling this secret project contacted me, offering me a chance to participate in one of their programs…?

Naturally, I accepted.

Captain Equestria

Comments ( 5 )

This is me and my friends story. Hope you like it. The next chapter will be out soon.

1502993

It cant be, we just started out. I'll read your story. Thanks for commenting, by the way. I was beginning to think this story was completely ignored. Chapter 1 will be worked on tomorrow. :rainbowlaugh:

This is not half-bad. You have piqued my curiosity, good sir. Have a like and a favourite.

This story is now put on Hiatus, unfortunately. Sorry guys.

I'm soon going to come out with another story with my friend, however. Eventually Ill continue this.

Login or register to comment