• Published 15th Apr 2024
  • 294 Views, 4 Comments

Sunny’s Alicorn Problem - Javier



It’s been a few months since Opaline was defeated, yet Sunny isn’t sure about becoming a princess.

  • ...
 4
 294

Once again, I’m not a princess

It’s been a few months since Opaline was defeated, yet Sunny couldn’t seem to get the feeling of being a princess and a permanent alicorn out of her mind. Her friends tried to help her, but all she can do is get to sleep and pretend none of this ever happened.

One night, Sunny had a dream about being an alicorn permanently and being crowned a princess by Queen Haven in Zephyr Heights. “No, please, don’t you dare.” Sunny cried, but the crown fell on her head. “No!!!” she cried.

The next morning, Sunny woke up in deep despair. “What the hell was that?” Sunny asked herself. “Oh, thank hoofness it was a dream, but my mane is seriously a mess.”

“Sunny, guess who had the coolest dream last night?” Zipp asked as she and her friends and sister came to see what was going on.

“Sunny, what happened to your mane?” Hitch asked. “It looks like a hot mess.”

“You want to tell me, or tell the princess? I just had the worst dream of my life.” Sunny replied to her friend. “I dreamed about being a permanent alicorn and becoming a princess, but I’m just not fit to be a damn princess.”

“Calm down, Sunny, me and Pipp are princesses and we have nightmares sometimes.” Zipp said.

“Think about it Zipp, ever since we defeated Opaline, I just can’t think about myself wanting to become a princess or not. I mean, look at Spike for example, he called me ‘Princess Sunny’ and I said I wasn’t a princess.” Sunny said.

“That’s because he thinks you are one Sunny.” Pipp said. “He really thinks about Twilight Sparkle and the other princesses.”

“BUT I’M NOT A FUCKING PRINCESS!!!” Sunny shouted loudly. “THIS DREAM I HAD LAST NIGHT WAS EVEN WORSE THAN THE ALICORN DREAM AND EVEN THEN I CAN’T GET THE ALICORNS OUT OF MY DAMN MIND EITHER EVER SINCE ZIPP AND I WENT TO WHAT WAS LEFT OF OPALINE’S LAIR!!!”

“We just have to go to the Isle of Scaly.” Izzy said. “We’ll tell Spike about you not being a princess.”

“Oh thank hoofness, Izzy.” Sunny replied to her marefriend.

“Yeah, that’s a great idea Izzy.” Misty said.

As the Mane 6 boarded the Marestream and the flying vehicle took off for the Isle of Scaly, Sunny still can’t get the princess and permanent alicorn thing out of her hooves. Meanwhile, at the Isle of Scaly, the dragons are unsure about Spike’s suggestion about Sunny becoming a princess.

“Uh, your Spikeness?” Blaize asked the dragon lord. “What if Sunny doesn’t want to be a princess? You did call her a princess before Opaline casted a spell on us just like Lava and Jade.”

“I agree with Blaize.” Lava replied. “I don’t think Sunny wants to be a princess.”

Blaize, Jade, Tumble, Fountain, Leaf and Luxxe nodded in agreement, but Spike took no notice. “It’s because she reminds me of Twilight and Princesses Celestia, Luna, Candice and Flurry Heart.”

“Spike, Who are Celestia, Luna, Candice and Flurry Heart exactly?” Luxxe asked.

“They’re the other alicorns I knew about when I was a little dragon living with ponies. Celestia and Luna were at Canterlot castle, and Candice was overlooking the Crystal Empire.” Spike said.

“Now we get it.” The dragons replied.

“But why didn’t you call Twilight ‘Princess Twilight’?” Jade asked.

“It was because Twilight didn’t want to be called that, even though she was alicorn.” Spike said.

“It felt like it was gonna make sense in Twilight’s case.” Leaf replied.

“But then again, we understand that.” Fountain agreed.

The Marestream landed in the Isle of Scaly and the Mane 6 get out.

“Ah, Princess Sunny, you’re back.” Spike said excitedly.

“Hey Spike.” Sunny said. “Listen, I need to talk to you about something. Lava, Jade, Tumble, Leaf, Fountain, Luxxe and Blaize, you’re coming with me. Everypony, stay here.”

“Okay, Sunny, come back soon.” Hitch said. The rest of her friends waived their goodbyes as Sunny and the dragons go to Spike’s throne room.

Once at Spike’s throne room, Sunny still can’t keep the alicorn and princess thing out of her head.

“What’s wrong Sunny?” Blaize asked.

“I STILL CAN’T KEEP THE FUCKING ALICORN AND PRINCESS THING OUT OF MY DAMN MIND!!!” Sunny shouted loudly at Blaize and the other dragons. “LAST NIGHT WHEN I WAS SLEEPING, I HAD A DREAM ABOUT BEING A PRINCESS AND A PERMANENT ALICORN AND WHEN I WOKE UP, I WAS ABOUT TO STRANGLE MYSELF TO DEATH ALL BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT I WAS BECOMING AN ALICORN PERMANENTLY AND A PRINCESS WHEN I DON’T WANT TO BECOME A DAMN PRINCESS.”

“Sunny, please calm down.” Luxxe tried to calm her down. “Spike only meant to say that as a joke.”

“AS A JOKE???” Sunny shouted again. “A FUCKING JOKE??? SPIKE, I’M NOT A GODDAMN PRINCESS!!!”

“Holy shit.” Lava said, joining Luxxe in trying to calm Sunny down. “Sunny, can you please calm down.”

“SPIKE!!! NO MATTER WHAT YOU TELL ME, I, AM, NOT, A, FUCKING, PRINCESS!!!” Sunny shouted yet again. There was a deathly silence in the throne room before Sunny continued. “JUST BECAUSE I TURN INTO AN ALICORN DOESN’T MEAN I BECOME A PRINCESS!!!”

“Fry my tail.” Tumble said, as he, Jade, Fountain, Leaf and Blaize joined Lava and Luxxe in calming Sunny down. “Please just calm down.”

“I know you’re upset and pissed off, but please don’t make yourself angrier.” Leaf reprimanded.

“Sunny Bunny.” Fountain said. “We need you to calm yourself down, don’t let your anger get the best of you.”

“We believe in you.” Blaize said.

“So please calm down.” Jade said.

“What am I doing?” Sunny asked to herself, before turning to the dragons. “You’re right. This isn’t me. I’m three pony kinds, wrapped up into one. My cutie mark comes to life with hope, bright as the sun.” She declared.

“Spike, dragons, I’m so sorry I shouted. I just don’t want to become a princess, and I let my anger get the best of me.” Sunny said.

“Oh, Sunny. I’m so sorry to hear that.” Spike apologized. “I just remembered something just now.”

“You do?” Sunny asked.

“Yes. Long ago, Twilight was crowned a princess, but she didn’t wanted to be called ‘Princess Twilight’.” Spike replied. “But Celestia, Luna, Candice and Flurry Heart wanted to be called princesses.”

“You okay Sunny?” Hitch asked as he and the other ponies arrived. “We heard your screaming coming from the Marestream.”

“Hitch, everypony.” Sunny said happliy. “ Sorry for all the screaming, but I feel great, just because I turn into an alicorn doesn’t mean I become a princess, and you can thank Lava, Jade, Tumble, Fountain, Leaf, Luxxe, Blaize, and Spike for calming me down when I was in the heat of the moment. I really went My Bananas.” She laughed excitedly. “See what I did there?”

“Yeah, you went My Bananas Sunny.” Leaf said.

The other dragons and ponies laughed. “Now you’re talking.” Sunny said.

Mane 6 and Dragons

My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas

Mane 6, Dragons and bass voice

Slippin' on a peel

Mane 6 and Dragons

Sweet and gooey-ooey
My bananas

Mane 6, Dragons and bass voice

Slippin' on a peel

Mane 6 and Dragons

Slippery on my shoe
My bananas
Na-na-na-na-nanas

My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas

Mane 6, Dragons and bass voice

Slippin' on a peel

Mane 6 and Dragons

Sweet and gooey-ooey
My bananas

Sunny and bass voice

Slippin' on a peel

Mane 6 and Dragons

Slippery on my shoe
My bananas
Na-na-na-na-nanas

You're so ap-peel-in'
Banana, you're ap-peel-in'
I've got this feelin'
I'm slippin' on this peel and

Maybe mañana
I'll slip on a banana
Whoopsie-daisy, up and down
Slippin' on a peel left on the ground
[laughs]

My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas

Bass voice

Banana!

Mane 6 and Dragons

Na-na-na-na-na-na
My bananas!

The ponies and dragons laughed at the song they just sang, and Sunny laughed the most. “I never had the most laughter in my life.” She said.

“Thanks Spike. I’ll become a princess when I’m ready to be one.” Sunny said.

“You’re welcome. Sunny.” Spike said.

The ponies leave the Isle of Scaly and headed back to the Crystal Brighthouse, where Sunny just went to sleep and pretended nothing ever happened.

Author's Note:

This is my version of solving the debate whether Sunny is a princess or not because she became an alicorn at the end of A New Generation. My personal opinion is “It’s her choice, Sunny is only a princess if she’s ready to be one or not.”

Comments ( 4 )

If I had a nickel for every alicorn Sunny story published today I would have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's funny it's happened twice in one day.

Javier #2 · 1 week ago · · ·

11879335
Yep. Only in this version it has all of the Mane 6 and all of the dragons.

I have to say that you did a great job on the dialogue, characterizations and general wrap-up. Yeah, I could see Sunny having those nightmares about becoming a permanent alicorn and becoming a princess (could also be the reason she is also having the dreams about her friends ALSO becoming alicorns [besides possible foreshadowing for at least one or two of them] - since there probably IS a big part of her that wants to find a way to share her powers with her closest friends). And, yes, having Zipp and Pipp to talk to about that helps a little (not much, but a little) since they DO know a fair bit about the responsibility that comes with the title. Also liked the discussion with Spike and the dragons and the stuff about "not a Princess until I decide I'm ready to be".

Login or register to comment