• Published 6th Oct 2012
  • 1,510 Views, 18 Comments

Derpy And Her Lava Lamp - Bluebirdd065



Derpy basks in the awesomeness that is her lava lamp.

  • ...
3
 18
 1,510

Ooooh!

Derpy squeed as she landed on her fluffy cloud of a house, towing a lamp in her saddle bag. She trotted to the porch of the building before her, digging out a key from under a flower pot and walking in. After placing the key back, she closed the door and set her saddle bag on the counter. She dug around the bag until she felt the cold of the lamp tap her muzzle. She bit down on the base of the lamp and brought it out of the bag, placing it under her wing and walking to her room with a wide grin that even Pinkie couldn't match.

She began giggling softly as she entered her room, already imagining all the fun she would have with her lamp as she set it down beside her bed. She squeaked again, her derped eyes gleaming with joy and excitement as she closed the curtains in her room to block out the sunlight for maximum awesomeness with this lamp. She then walked over to it, her grin not dimming even the slightest as she began staring at it sitting atop her nightstand.

......But it wasn't working for some reason.

Her grin faded into a confused look as she picked the lamp up, inspecting it to find out why it wasn't working. She turned it upside down and noticed the blob falling. Her grin picked up again as she quickly flipped it over and set it down, bringing her eyes closer to the lamp in curiosity as the odd blob thing fell down again and stayed there, showing no effort to rise again.

What could be wrong with it? She asked herself as she picked the lamp up again, re-inspecting it for a solution. It wasn't until she flipped it over again and noticed battery slots on the bottom.

"Ooooh! Of course! How did I forget about that?" Derpy giggled as she set the lava lamp on her bed and fetched some batteries.

After finding some AA batteries, she walked back into her room with the same smile she had when she first spotted the super awesome lamp lying on a store shelf! She then grabbed it and flipped it over again, carefully putting down the batteries into it and closing the cover. She bit down on the base again as she set it down beside her bed once more. She noticed a red button placed on the side and pressed it, hearing the lamp create a whirring sound as it lit up to her amazement.The lava lamp began to glow a dark shade of purple as small bubbles rose up from the bottom of the lamp. Just the sight of the lamp lighting up had amazed her and brought another happy look onto her face.

And then, just when she thought it couldn't get any cooler, the misshapen blob rose up again, reshaping into a ball and splitting apart to reveal two light purple, spherical blobs that started to float around weightlessly. Her smirk grew wider as her eyes caught the two blobs in amazement; having derped eyes DID have their benefits. She watched as the blobs still flew around, letting off smaller blobs every once in a while; she had never seen anything as mesmerizing as this lamp!

The lamp had puzzled and amused Derpy a lot as she watched it. She had pondered over how the lamp actually works, and how something so seemingly complex was created by hoof. Just because her eyes were 'different', didn't mean she was any less intelligent than any other mare in Ponyville. In fact, as shown in her IQ tests, she was actually SMARTER than most mares, and this lamp really brought out the imaginative side of her as she observed it.

She had stared at it for a while, smile never fading as the blobs seemed to fight each other, only scratching the sides as they zoomed by, where they reached the end and charged once more in a never ending battle of bravery. Her eyes followed the two separate blobs as they reached the ends. When the blobs reached the center, slightly grazing each other, her eyes had looked 'normal', but felt odd for Derpy as she stared at the lamp in amazement in her dimly lit room.

Derpy watched in awe as the blobs had slowly charged towards each other in the center. She gasped as she saw the two blobs collide, then once again split and go about their own separate ways. Derpy giggled again as she flapped her wings happily, staring at the lava lamp with an amused smile on her face. She continued staring at the lamp with an elated look plastered on her face, taking in every whirr and battle it had emitted, just brightening her mood even more.

"Bits well spent!" she squeaked as she continued to stare at the awesome lava lamp before her eyes.

She had stared at the lamp for a while, her expression indicating the lack of boredom, until her door bell rang. Her smile lowered itself a bit as she was brought back from her thoughts.

"Awww." she pouted as she hung her head a bit.

She walked over to the door and was greeted by a familiar filly.

"Dinky!" she said cheerfully as she picked her up immediately, ignoring the ponies that dropped her off and placing her on her back, where she walked back to her room.

"What are we doing, mommy?" she asked.

Derpy smiled wider. "You'll see!"

The two entered the almost pitch black room, where Derpy found her lamp and switched it on, placing Dinky atop her head as the lamp whirred to life once again. The two giggled as they watched the lava lamp and the liquid inside it, floating about and battling each other again. Dinky brought her face closer to the lamp as she observed the blobs, her reflection bouncing off of the glass as she giggled again.

Derpy looked up at the filly sitting on top of her head, then snorted at the ridiculous sight of her reflection on the glass. Dinky started making silly faces, laughing at the sights of the two distorted faces plastered on the lamp. Derpy looked up at Dinky and began playing along too, making funny faces and sharing a nice moment beside the dim glow of Derpy's new lava lamp.




THE END

Comments ( 18 )

A well-written story about a mother and her daughter enjoying a time together in front of a lava lamp. I don't understand why people disliked this story.

What the hell?! Why are there two dislikes? :rainbowhuh:
This was actually a good fic. I enjoyed it. I could practically imagine Derpy just staring at the lava lamp :rainbowkiss:

Damn touch screen. Accidentally downvoted and now it won't let me change it.

I want a lava lamp now :derpytongue2:

I highly approve of this story. You get a like and fav from me. :3 :moustache:

1392801
You know, I wondered about the two dislikes also, cause as soon as it was posted, the story got two dislikes, but there were no views!

............PARANORMAL ACTIVITY!!!!!!

1392801
Oh, and whada ya think this was based off? :pinkiehappy:

Cause y'know, first comment. Eh, whatever.

1394085 What a nice video :raritywink:

Downvote, y u no change to upvote? I may have to go buy a lava lamp after visiting this page so much.

1416064
I remember this one I had, it was blue, and the little blob things were green. I got it ruined though when I opened it out of curiosity. :pinkiecrazy:

Thumbs up. It finally worked.:twilightsmile:

1454279
How the heck did you manage that?:derpyderp2:

d'aaaaaaaaaaaaw:derpytongue2::pinkiehappy:

Aw, sweet.

Login or register to comment