• Published 25th Dec 2023
  • 139 Views, 0 Comments

Hearths Warming Miracle - Twiliight



Its Hearths Warming, its the time of year that only comes one, a time where eveeypony and creature around ponyville and happy and spending time with their loved ones... So why does Scootaloo feel so devastated?

  • ...
 0
 139

Best Hearths Warming Eve Ever!!!

Rainbow Dash groaned as she jumped on cloud to cloud and watched as the snow fall gently, it was a kinda beautiful sight to look at but Rainbow didn't feel any happiness even if she was helping out the town folks.

Normally, she'd love doing this or try to make this as awesome and fun as possible, like a game of buckball. Although today she lacked the energy, she knew it was a petty reason but she couldn't help feeling jealous of all the other ponies that were all snuggled in their comforted homes whilst she had to be out in this unusual freezing cold weather, what made things worse was there were nopony to talk to as all the other weather ponies were apparently "too sick" and the Pegasi's that had bothered to show up weren't very entertaining to say the least.

The blue mare stopped and sighed, beginning to contemplate things that came into her mind, she never knew such a sporty and outgoing pony like her could be so drained and bored in her life, soon Dash's eyes wander to elsewhere before coming to the realisation that she didn't have to be here, nopony would care or bother to stop her.

Rainbow Dash thought of where to go, she couldn't go to Sweet Apple Acres, she remembered how she got banned by AJ for "stealing all the cider" and "being a huge pain in the flank", Rarity was spending time with her family in Manehatten, Pinkie Pie was at the rock farm, Twilight was busy and then there was Fluttershy who claimed to be tendering to her animals needs but Rainbow Dash knew she was probably with Discord so Flutters was out of the picture as well.

Rainbow Dash figured that it didn't matter where she ended up going, as long as it wasn't back here, so with that, she dashed away.

Rainbow Dash loved flying, it was her favourite thing to do, mainly cause she was the fastest flying in Equestria and loved feeling the wind blowing in her mane, it made her feel free even if she could be a little reckless sometimes.

To pass by time, Rainbow Dash practices some air stunts and flew as fast as possible, she even tried racing a flock of birds and of course, she won.

Rainbow Dash started to fly more slower and looked down at the beautiful view of Ponyvile, it was a little habit of hers she sometimes did when flying alone, yet this time, a figure had caught her attention

"Is that Scootaloo?" Rainbow Dash muttered, in the far away distance she saw a familiar-looking pegasus, who was sitting down on a big cliff

The messy mane, tail, orange coat, small wings, it was too recognisable for it not to be a coincidence.

Rainbow Dash beamed with joy, her boredom was instantly cured, she could go talk to Scootaloo for a while and see what she's doing, she always secretly saw the filly as a younger sister, or a mini version of herself and was overjoyed when she found out about the fan club Scootaloo made of her!

"Heya kid! Whatcha doing out here in the cold? Planning to show me a new surprise trick? Hm, you don't have your scooter with you though, Oh! Are you making a card for me?" Rainbow Dash asked, eagerly trotting towards the orange filly who had her back turned.

"Are you alright?" As Rainbow stepped closer she heard faint crying, presumably coming from the pony in front of her.

"Uh Scootaloo?" Rainbow repeated again a bit louder this time, had Scootaloo not heard her?

Could she had been wrong?
Was this not Scootaloo after all?
But she was so sure of it...

"Rainbow Dash?!" Scootaloo flinched and jumped up quickly, her wings fluttered quickly and her eyes darted from one place to another until turned around and looked up to the much older Pegasus that stood before her.

"The one and on!y!" Rainbow Dash chuckled, yet noticing Scootaloo's teary, crying eyes made her frown, she sat down and stretched her wing to pull the filly closer to her, "What are you doing out here alone squirt?"

"I- What are YOU doing here? I thought you had to do weather duty?" Scootaloo asked

"That's not important right now, I asked you a question, what are you doing here?" Rainbow questioned, looking down at the young filly besides her

"Its nothing, I'm fine! Just trying out a new trick with my scooter!" Scootaloo looked away awkwardly, muttering underneath her breath, "totally fine..."

Rainbow Dash opened her mouth and was about to say, "You know you can tell me--"

"Okay okay I'm not fine! it's just my parents aren't coming back for Hearths Warming this year because of their job, so i'm going to be spending time with my babysitter which don't get me wrong I'm kinda excited about it but that doesn't stop the fact of my parents not here AGAIN"

"and everypony else in my class is celebrating Hearths Warming with their parents!- Not everypony, but most ponies are and they're all so happy and excited for it but oh no, it can never be me cause I'm here who's crying over stupid reasons and missing their parents!" Scootaloo shouted as she furiously wiped her tears away, she felt embarrassed that her number 1 idol had to see her this way, she was meant to be tough and cool not a crying mess.

"Scootaloo... It's going to be alright! I know your parents won't be here but that doesn't limit you to not have fun! What about the aunts you told me about? Why don't you go over to them? I'm sure they'll be glad to see you!"

"You don't understand! They promised me they'd come this year, they said that they were very excited to see me again, they told me that they were 100% not going to leave me in the dust and now they're not coming! My Aunts live too far away so I can't see them at all and now I have nopony!" Scootaloo cried out loud, unable to control the sadness she felt

"Then why don't you spend it with me and my family?" Rainbow Dash offered

"So you're gonna take me in?" Scootaloo sniffed, looking up at Rainbow Dash in confusion, "Isn't that illegal?? My parents would definitely not allow that..."

"Well you said it yourself, you have nopony to spend Hearths Warning with, I'm not doing much and it would be nice to have some company, I'm sure we can go ahead and compromise with your Babysitter for it to be allowed!" Rainbow Dash smiled

"Really? You'd do that, what if your parents don't like me?"

"Trust me, they will" Rainbow Dash chuckled

"Can we go ask her now??" Scootaloo sprung up and flapped her wings

"How about later? For now, let's get out of this darkness, shall we?" Rainbow Dash picked Scootaloo up and put her on her back, spreading out her wings in preparation to take flight

Scootaloo's eyes lit up excitedly, she couldn't contain her excitement, "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh"

And with that, the two pegasi soared away into the evening skies, laughing happily and telling stories.

Author's Note:

:scootangel:: Hey Rainbow Dash?
:rainbowlaugh:: Yeah squirt?
:scootangel:: Thank you...
:rainbowlaugh:: For what?
:scootangel:: For making this the best Hearths Warming Eve EVER!!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment