• Published 21st Nov 2023
  • 220 Views, 6 Comments

SHADOW REBORN - AGENT KANE



A lonely boy who think he is alone in the world but turn out to be wrong

  • ...
 6
 220

Black Coffee

"and he bump into and turn around to face me and immediately bend down begging for his life and crying" Kane said laughing hysterically

"he really did that" Twilight too laugh at the fantasy event.

the two laugh together as they have coffee outside at the shop in the busy street of their city, they talk about each other lives, like for an example she went to pinkie's home to see if Pinkie was okay only for her to get pied in face during the antics of her friend. They talked about Kane's armor reactions at the L.A.I.R. event and how it felt spending time with Auggie.

Each with a warm drink and a plate full of baked goodies, Kane spoke up, “I heard you say the other girl’s name was rainbow dash, right.” Not a question, since Kane has heard of the school’s sports icon but never thought he’d ever meet her.

Twilight with a sigh, “Yes that is her name all right.” It seems she did not enjoy the talk with Dash.

Kane continued, “So what did you and Dash talk about.” Twilight did give a small smile after hearing Kane use Rainbow Dash’s nickname.

Twilight said, “She was being stubborn as usual saying you’re dangerous and all the things that make you scary.”

Kane was afraid that maybe Twilight was having doubts and quickly countered that rumor, “No. I try to be a good person, I just defended Auggie.” Hoping that maybe she will pick him over the rest of her friends, as selfish as that may be.

Twilight smiled again, “I know, I saw everything. I'm happy you defended him, but Kane you don’t have to prove anything. People will always talk, it is what you do that matters. And what’s better than protecting others.”

Kane bursting with happiness could only say one thing, “Thank you.” As the conversation died down, Twilight grabbed one of the many books that she carried with her. She would be lying if she said that she did not enjoy how easy it is to spend time with Kane. Usually her friends wanted to talk all the time. Twilight truly did enjoy all the conversations and adventures she had with her friends, but there are times she wants to do what she loves without getting constantly interrupted. But with Kane, she didn’t have to worry about that. Kane was happy to have some company and just enjoyed watching the day go by with her.

Twilight sneaked a peek at Kane. He was looking through the Cafe’s large decorative window watching the hustle and bustle of the café workers. Nibbling on what had to be his sixth cookie, Twilight made sure to remember his sweet tooth so she could make him some cookies as a surprised gift. It did make her sad that people can’t seem to give him a chance, and while it is true he has quite the temper. No one should feel unwanted. Twilight quickly turned to her book as Kane turned to look at her. As silly as it sounds she didn’t want him to think she was staring.

Time passed as Twilight continued to read. Kane had ordered a second helping of hot chocolate with a shot of espresso for him to drink. He didn’t mind coffee, in fact he usually preferred it black as possible with some cream. He was just so happy to spend time with his friend that he wanted something sweet to celebrate.

They were having a fun time until it occurred to him "How did you meet all your friends..." Twilight stop mid reading and look up at Kane. "sorry, I'm just curious, forget what I-"

"no no it's okay I'm just surprised that's all" the two share silencing as they sit " replied Twilight, "well it not how I met them it where I met and it's all start last summer..."

*************

The sun was shining as it danced through the forest towards a lake. It was the first day of summer being in full bloom. The light could be seen shimmering over the water where on the other side of the lake a group of deer were jumping and prancing around. The swift movement of the deer startled a swarm of birds as they few through the forest towards a campground right by the lake. The camp was made up of a collection of cabins with a bonfire area in the middle so that there was a central location to meet. This campground was Everfree Camp. The camp had been around for several generations of campers. It holds a special place in all the families who have gone through the camp. It is where new friendships would start.

As the birds flew over the campsite, a group gathered around the bonfire area. Here the counselors sat as they watched with smiles as the campers were in the middle of moving into the camp. Many of the campers walking by were talking with their friends about catching up and making plans on boating out into the lake for some fun. Of course with some counselors since they are responsible for the campers and care deeply about them. The counselors watched as the campers were buzzing with movement as they set to unpack. Both boy and girl campers were unpacking in their cabins and getting changed for fun camp activities that were soon to start. Along with getting changed many set to get sunscreen lotion on. Even though it is no where near the hottest that everfree forest can get, it is still warm enough to get a tan.

The counselors saw many campers who have been here before, though there was a handful of new campers that would be the first year for them. One such camper who was currently in their cabin's bedroom area was Twilight Sparkle. Twilight ever the prepared person was already in her summer outfit, unlike most other campers, as she went about getting unpacked and has even made a list. In fact, Twilight had created an organized list on everything she would need for camp with the very first thing on the list being sunscreen lotion. Twilight hummed to herself as she went over her list a third time.

"Okay books on how to get the most out of camping, check; 100 and 1 scary stories book, check; compass for when I go hiking, check; extra towels in chance I fall into a river, check; rainboots for when the weather gets muddy, check; long pants for when I walk in tall grassy areas, check; bug spray for when I wear shorts, check; shorts for when it gets unbearably hot, check; extra pair of glass, self-explanatory, check; and clothes that will last for several months, check," with a sigh Twilight takes a break from the rest of the list as she felt nervous about the start of the first day of camp.

Twilight thought, 'Okay okay, everything is fine. this is a new camp, the other campers are not like the people she has meet before.' Twilight didn't want to say it out loud, but she was scared of making a bad first impression. All she wanted was to make more friends.

"Everything should be okay" Twilight said to herself,

"Hi," said a pink girl with pink hair that Twilight did not notice or even seen how she had gotten into the bedroom area.

"Ah! oh, hi," a startled Twilight responded.

"nicetomeetyou,areyounew?what'syourfavoritecolor?favoritedessert?whatdoyouliketodoforfun?whenisyourbirthday?" with a single breath the pink girl continued to ask question after question while Twilight could only stare with a stunned expression.

The pink hair girl was standing with the biggest smile ever, seemingly happy to meet Twilight. Internally Twilight was afraid to start, with all her preparations she did not plan for her to meet someone who would approach her so soon into summer camp. An awkward amount of silence has pass, just when she was to run away in shame a yell was heard outside, "Pinky pie were are you?"

The now named girl turned towards the yell and shouted, "Over here Rainbow Dash!"

Pinky pie turned back towards Twilight as a cyan girl with rainbow themed hair came into the bedroom area. She saw twilight stand there still unable to talk. The cyan girl turned to Pinky Pie to question the girl and help out Twilight who looked like a lost foal in the middle of the woods.

"Pinky pie I was look everywhere for you," turns to Twilight, "Hi I am Rainbow Dash" extend a hand for a handshake, "and that hyperactive cotton fluff is Pinkamena Diane Pie, or Pinky Pie, but we all call her pinky for short." Twilight look down at Rainbow Dash's out stretched hand and unable to shake off the sudden interaction simply took rainbow dash's hand and gave a shake. Pinky with a wide grin was happy to meet a new person.

Having collected herself enough to speak she said, "Hi, I am Twilight Sparkle," and feeling a bit bold turns towards Pinky, " and yes, I would say a light purple, gooey chocolate chip cookies, I like to read for fun but I don't mind playing games, and my birthday is December third."

Pinky with a gasp of excitement rushed to tackle twilight with a hug. As Twilight stumbled and supported the weight of Pinky, the pink haired girl gasp a large amount of air to start again with her endless questions, "Thatisamazing,everyonealwaystakeawhiletogothroughmyquestions.Idon'tknowwhysinceitisstraightforwardwhatIamsaying,butstillyoudidgreat!Doyoulikehaveasuperpower?Ordoyouhaveaphotographicmemory?Oh!whatsortofbooksdoyouliketoread?Haveyoueverwrittensomething?Iamsurethatitsgreat.CanIreaditsometime?MaybeIcanmakeyousomecookiesIlovetomaketreats.Wouldyouliketotrysomethingnew?"

Pinky overwhelmed Twilight as Pinky shook from excitement as she still clings onto Twilight. With the closes of the girl and endless stream of words she soon started to make Twilight dizzy. Twilight desperately tried to keep herself steady and follow along with what Pinky was saying.

Rainbow dash with a shake of her head, "Easy there Pinky, yeah she is impressive, but you still gotta give her a break or she will get all dizzy." Pinky with a blushing face let go in embarrassment.

"Sorry," pinky said returning to her normal bubbly self.

"Anyways, is this your first time at the camp? I have been coming to this camp since I was ten." Said Rainbow Dash.

With a breath Twilight answered, "Yes, this would be my first year so I tried my best to be prepared." Rainbow dash with a smirk saw how Twilight looked with her glasses and how formal she was talking, Rainbow Dash thought Twilight definitely looks like an egghead. But she seems like a nice person, and at least she didn't act like a damsel-in-distress like a certain friend that she has. It would be a good idea to introduce Twilight to the others, after all anyone pinky gets super friendly tends to be a good person to be friends with.

"You know I bet the rest of the girls would like to meet Twilight." Rainbow Dash said out loud. Pinky pie gasps as she jumps in the air.

"OHH! That is an excellent idea! Shouldwegetthemormaybetakehertothem??" As the two girls tried to unravel Pinky's words pinky decided to take action and dashed out of the bedroom area leaving a Pinky sized puff of air in her place. Mouth agape Twilight wondered how she could be so energized without needing to take a break.

Rainbow Dash, "eh, you get used to it." Twilight turned to look at Rainbow Dash, "and before you ask it was easy to tell what you were thinking, its what everyone thinks when first meeting Pinky. A literal ball of sunshine, but hey at least she throws awesome parties. hmm, she might throw you a welcome party."

"Please no, I wouldn't know what to say to everybody." Twilight said with embarrassment as she covered her face.

"Well, it probably just be for our group of girls. Like I said she is grade A party planner, she'll take into account what you'd be comfortable with, so relax Twi." responded Rainbow Dash as she went to lounge on a vacant bed.

Twilight, "Uh, so...Dash, how long have you known Pinky?"

Cozying up on the bed, Dash took a great big stretch before answering, "Hmm, well it's been years. Her family lives a bit outside of city that I live in so only really got to meet her when I had tried looking for some summer job," Dash closing her eyes to reminisce about meeting Pinky, "It was a rock picking gig at their farm. Heh, the funny thing is they farm rocks so I guess that works out for them. Apparently I had met her when she just turned into cotton candy but hey her folks were happy that someone could take the brunt of her energy. And once I told them about the camp they practically threw her at me to take along." Dash giggles at the tired parents trying to handle a newly hyperactive Pinky.

Twilight with a smile, "That is very sweet. It is nice that she had such a good friend. Did she meet the rest of the girls here at camp?'

Dash, "Well no, I can't say for sure but it looks like a few of the girls she already kind knew who they were. Like I think she has meet Apple Jack and Fluttershy. Which is sorta surprising since I knew Fluttershy all my life." Dash opens her eyes to glance at Twilight, "If I would guess, she met AJ because like her AJ's family also has a farm, but it was more of an orchard since they grow apples," chuckling to herself, "and nothing but apples. How can anybody have so many apples and not get sick of them." Finishing up Rainbow Dash kicks off the bed before getting on her feet and begins stretching.

"So, what do you like to do for fun?" Twilight asks as Rainbow Dash grunts as she stretches down to her toes.

Sill warming up her legs she stands on a single leg, "Well if it isn't obvious I am a bit of a sports pro. I just love running and competing," switches legs, "Like I can do it all. Basketball, baseball, track, tennis, hockey, you name it. But my absolute favorite is soccer. I am planning to join the varsity soccer team when school starts again." Finishing with her legs she does a hop before leaning forward into a falling push up. Quietly she counts out, seemingly unbothered by having to talk and workout.

"Uhh, I see that you are in really good shape," Twilight lamely said not knowing how to continue the conversation. Rainbow dash continued to grunt out numbers when she pulls out Twilight from from her slump.

"Ask me something." Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"I gotta be honest I really don't know what to say. I am not really the talkative time, I mean that I keep to myself. Not to say that you are not interesting or worth thinking about. But like in a positive way, since I just met you. Of course I can see that you are cool and..." Twilight rambled.

"20% cooler," Rainbow Dash smugly interrupted.

"What?" Asked Twilight.

"What ever level of cool you use, I am 20% cooler," curls up onto her feet before jumping up as high as she can. "Sorry, its a bit of an inside joke that the girls and I have." She begins doing jumping jacks. With a bit of a huff she continued, "I said some dumb kid things about being cooler than cool and when they asked me how much I just picked 20%. Don't ask me why I can't remember the reason I pick that number. It just felt right so I am sticking to it."

With an amused smile, "Yes, you are 20% cooler...Mind teaching me a thing or two about working out?"

Rainbow Dash stopped and smiled at Twilight, "Sure, now the thing you got to remember is go at your own pace and always remember to stretch before and after so that your muscles stay safe." As Rainbow Dash continued to go through how a beginner should learn about working out, Pinky Pie is blazing pass various cabins and even campers who frantically moved out of her way.

Pinky was beaming to herself as she thought, 'Oh this is so exciting, the girls will love her I just know it. Maybe she can get Fluttershy to be more open, Twilight seems the type to be kind and patient.' Nodding her head she was excited to have Fluttershy and the rest of the girls start a new friendship with Twilight. Pinky looked around as she ran, where would the girls be. Rarity would likely be in the crafts cabin working on something fashionable, so best to get her last since running around is not her favorite way to spend time. With a chuckle, 'I don't know why, running is a great way to burn energy to make yourself hunger for some cupcake,' her stomach grumble, 'Bad tummy this is no time for a snack break' but an idea smacked her in the head. Wait, that was a volleyball. 'Huh' thought Pinky, looking around she notice she stopped in the middle of a game.

With a smile, "Oppsie, my bad," grabs the ball and tosses it to one of the campers playing. Getting off the court she notices the same tree that she seems to have seen more than three times 'Hmm, I think I have been going in circles. But luckily that ball reminded me that AppleJack was gonna be in the kitchen working on some homemade apple pie,' a stronger grumble was heard, 'okay okay you win smarty pants after all you figured out where AJ would be.' Pinky began skipping to the mess hall knowing that she should first find AJ since Fluttershy would be close to the woods, so finding her might take some time.

With an exclamation Pinky burst into the mess hall, "Applejack!!!" Pinky startled the campers in the mess hall who were playing games at the table area.

A booming voice was heard through an opening that was seen in the back of the mess hall, "Pinky, over here hun," answered AJ.

Pinky quickly walked toward the door that lead to the kitchen walking into Applejack wearing an apron. Pinky notice that her cowboy had she usually wears was hanging off a hook on the wall next to AJ. Also she had plaid shirt's sleeves rolled up to avoid getting them dirty. Looking further down, Pinky giggles.

"What's got you giggling like a bird?" asked a confused Applejack.

"Well I notice that you kept you face and shirt clean. Plus the apron got you jean shorts covered, but what about your boots?' Pinky said.

"My boots?" AJ looks down. a large glob of apple filling was covering one of her boots while the other looks to be fully covered in flour. "Grr, ain't that just perfect. I look like a cake topper on jammed on top of a cake."

Pinky with stars in her eyes, "Like a wedding cake cause of how pretty you are."

Applejack, "Sugar, you are just the sweetest thing, but I ain't no wedding topper. And not for a long time. Anywho, What'cha need?"

Pinky, "Oh right! we got a new friend! I want you girls to meet her. She is with Rainbow Dash, weneedtofindFluttershyso...,"

Applejack, "Whoa Pinky breath, I can't quite wrangle your words when you go so fast."

Pinky takes a big breath as her cheeks puff up almost as if she is floating before exhaling, "We need to find Fluttershy and Rarity so that we can all go introduce you to Twilight...oh bring some apple pies to celebrate of course!"

Applejack with a smile, "Sure lets go, I can just pack some things in a cooler," Pinky's stomach grumpily interrupted, "After I get you a test pie to eat." With a vigorous shake of her head Pinky agreed. While Pinky happily munched on her delicious pie AJ got to work on packing goodies for a small celebration.

10 minutes later the girls, with Applejack carrying the cooler, were in search of Fluttershy as Rarity would be aghast to spend time in the woods unnecessarily.

"So we got pies?" Asked Pinky.

"Yep," said Applejack.

"Juice and sparkling water?" continued Pinky.

"Yep," answered Applejack.

"Cheese and crackers and ham and carrots and other snacks to eat before the pies?" Pinky happily asked.

"Yep times five." Applejack chuckled to herself.

"Perfect, now we just need to figure out where Fluttershy would be." Pinky said.

"Well, Flutters said that she'd be down yonder by the lake to feed some of the birds." Applejack replied.

"Oh, so she told you when she went to the kitchen for some bread to feed them?" Pinky asked.

"Nope, she was getting some seeds that are store in the mess hall for the bird feeders. Apparently bread is no good for birds too much sugar and such. " answered Applejack.

"Oh, good to know. But its sad that there is too much sugar for them," Pinky said sadly.

Applejack with amusement shrugs her shoulders not wanting to tell Pinky that there is such a thing as too much sugar for people too. Applejack smiled as she continued to listen to Pinky chatter about things the pink hair girl enjoys.

Many of the campers were off to the right of the lake near a dock as they jumped and swam the day away. On lifeguard duty was a few counselors keeping a close watch of the teenagers. This is the scene that the two girls find once the reach the lake.

"Hmm, I don't see lots of birds hanging around there, maybe she left to feed some other animal" Pinky said.

"Nah, knowing Flutters she ain't gonna get scared off that easily," Pinky nodded in agreement, "It's likely she went to a quieter part of the lake to avoid the birds getting spooked." Applejack said. Just a few feet from the dock they notice a dirt trail running along the side of the lake. With a silent look to each other, the girls agreed to follow the trail running to the left of the dock.

The noise of excited campers dulled to a quiet buzz, the girls kept an eye out for the gentle animal lover. As they reach a little shaded area of trees by the lake they heard a collection of chirps and quacks emanating from this mini grotto.

A soft voice was heard, "Now, now, no need to rush. I brought plenty for everyone." What the girls witness was nothing short of spectacular. There in the middle of the shade stood another pink hair girl with soft marigold skin, and she was surrounded by swarms of birds. All kinds of birds vied for her attention. Robins, blue jays, seagulls, ducks, swans, and many other birds the girls didn't know the name of. In fact, the birds all seemed to have formed lines at the direction of Fluttershy.

Applejack knew Fluttershy was handy with animals, heck Fluttershy has been essential in getting rowdy animals on the farm to cooperate, but still to get these wild birds to follow her is something else. Before the girls said hi to Fluttershy, A great big horned owl perched on a branch beat them to the punch with a loud, "HOOOO."

Pinky, "Ahhh, Its Pinky and AJ!" She stood straight like she was in the army.

Applejack with a breath compose herself, "Pinky its an owl. Also hey Flutters we were looking everywhere for yah."

Fluttershy gently replied, "Oh? I'm sorry for having to make you go all the way here. It's just the splashing made these wonderful animals all jumpy and unable to enjoy their food. Is something the matter?" Pinky relaxed her stance and ambled around as she began to pretend she was a duck.

As Pinky tried to play with a duck, Applejack answered, "Nope, just that Pinky has made a new friend. The girl made quite an impression on our dear cotton fluff that Pinky wanted us to get to know her. We are going to meet her now once we get Rarity."

Fluttershy, "Oh that is great, I am glad to hear that Pinky met another nice person." Fluttershy was relieved, if Pinky thought it was a good idea to meet the girl so soon that means she would be easy for Fluttershy to interact with. Embarrassingly Fluttershy thinks, 'I get too overwhelmed with first impressions.'

Before Fluttershy moves towards the girls she turns to the crowd around her, "Now, listen up everyone I have to leave," A collection of chirps and quacks are heard before with a strictness the girls are not used to hearing from the timid girl, "You all have had plenty of food. I will bring more for you later in the day, and if you behave I'd bring some sweet bread. However, if you don't then I have no choice but to put a stop to this. Am I understood." the last part was not a question but rather a statement.

Somehow to Applejacks confusion the animals looked to understand as they began to disperse, Applejack turned to Pinky. Pinky was waving them goodbye. Somehow to Pinky this was not out of the ordinary. Fluttershy stepped towards them as Pinky could barely contain herself.

Hopping in place, "Hurry, Hurry, We are almost ready to party!" Pinky said. What seemed like forever to Pinky Fluttershy was with them, Pinky grabs her and Applejack's arms and leads them back to camp.

"Whoa, easy Pinky, I get your excitement but I am carrying precious cargo here. No point in putting effort in the pies just to jumble them up harder than a kicking bull." Applejack said. Fluttershy just eep but for the most part was used to Pinky's hyperactiveness.

Pinky, "I know but it will be great and plus the less time we waste here the more time we can get to have rarity finish up her projects. You know how she gets once she has 'found her muse'."

Fluttershy responds, "Well, maybe she will be done with the project? Or has writersblock but with fashion."

"Is that possible?" Pinky asked. Fluttershy shrugs her free shoulder.

Applejack said, "She better be, I ain't waiting for perfection."

Pinky, "Aw, it won't be that bad. After all how long would it take?"

AJ Shuddered, cursing to herself at tempting the universe.

"5 hours!" Applejack exclaimed. Just as Pinky predicted Rarity was located at the crafting cabin.

"Oh darling no need to shout, I am right here. Plus it must simply be 5 hours so that I may create a lovely welcoming gift for our new friend." Rarity daintily said. Fluttershy and Pinky looked back and forth between the two headstrong girls.

Applejack sputtered, "Well, what in the world could take you 5 hours to make. Yah made entire gown dresses under 2 and that was with nothing but random fabric!"

Rarity, "Aw, you are right! I am simply marvelous, but no, being that this is a first impression it must be beyond perfect. The brainstorming phase of design will take the most time let alone working out the most compatible fabric. Thankfully I had the foresight to bring along my more finer cloths in my collection."

Applejack rubbed her face as she fought a groan, "Do you mean that extra luggage that you made me lug around?"

Rarity with a smile, "Why yes the very same, and thank you for volunteering your time with my precious cargo." Applejack grumbled as she was reminded of the hassle.

"Um," Rarity turned towards Fluttershy, "how would you make something without her...measurements...or knowing what she likes." Flutters quietly spoke at first before she slowly went to a mumble at the end.

Rarity stood wide-eye gaping like a fish before gathering herself, "Right, right. Flutters my dear you are absolutely right. thank you for your insight. Well then off we go!" She went to her bag which held various sketch books and measuring tools.

Applejack beamed at Fluttershy, usually it took longer for Fluttershy to assert herself. As the group headed towards Twilight's cabin they all thought the same thing, 'I hope she likes us.'

*************
"And then when the girls got there Rarity made this grand gesture of making me a complete wardrobe with her special fabrics." Twilight said with a wheeze. Kane had a heartwarming smile.

"Must have been quite a shock to have that just be declared when first meeting someone," Kane said.

"Heh, well it certainly was one way to introduce yourself. I believe Applejack try to wrangle her once she had set the food down. It is actually very sweet that Rarity would do that for me, and for AJ to be mindful of my comfort level." replied Twilight. Twilight with a smile continued, "And Flutters was just the sweetest thing ever, she was probably the closest to how I was. We hit it off well and I am proud to say I was able to get to be more outspoken even if just a little."

"And Pinky?" asked Kane.

"Pinky is Pinky, thanks to her I made these friends that mean the world to me and showed me the magic in friendship." Answered Twilight. With a smile she went back to her book while Kane enjoyed the quiet a bit more before doing anything else. As the day passed by Kane took the time to get some homework done.

The silence occasionally broken when Kane would ask Twilight for her thoughts on a question, but other than that each kept the peace and quiet. It had gotten close to late afternoon when the pair decided to call it a day.

Kane said, “Thanks for hanging out in the coffee shop.”

“Of course, it was such a wonderful time and we got lots of things done too.” responded Twilight.

They reached where they had to go their separate ways. Kane walks up the road leading to his house, “Bye Twilight, see you tomorrow.”

Twilight answers, “Yeah, see you too.” Both happy with how things went.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment