• Published 21st Nov 2023
  • 218 Views, 6 Comments

SHADOW REBORN - AGENT KANE



A lonely boy who think he is alone in the world but turn out to be wrong

  • ...
 6
 218

Black Knight

The bell rang all across the hallway as students went to go on the bus as an unlikely trio walked among them, as two of three still perplexed by the whole situation except Kane who look annoyed and displeased by the girls reactions. As the three walk out of the building and enter the bus, Twilight, Kane, and Augie sit all the way in the back with Augie on left of Kane and Twilight on the right. Both boys sit awkwardly not saying a word to each others, then twilight decided to break the awkward silence.

"So...Augie do you have any other friends?" Augie slouching forward a bit but turn his head to her direction.

"Oh beside my mom, yes I have a couple believe it or not" Augie said.

"That's really nice and I meant no offense." said Twilight.

"Yeah from LAIRE" he said.

Kane entered the conversation "What is LAIRE?"

Augie answered his question "It's Live Action Interactive Role-playing Explorers."

Twilight say "Oh that what it stands for."

Augie excitedly began sharing stories about him being there "Yeah, back when before I moved into town, my local LAIRE had this massive event where my group and I got to experience the best action that you can ever have."

Kane asked, "Oh you had a group?"

Augie with a happy smile, "Yeah, before coming here I had some issues and well there was this afterschool program that gave you a big brother kind of person."

Kane smiled, "That sounds nice, glad that you got some help then." Twilight seeing that they were starting to get along went back to her book with amusement and let the boys talk some more.

Augie continued "yeah and there was two guys who were like role models to me and one kid who is very "creative" with his words and slang."

Kane respond "what do you mean creative?"

Augie answered, "oh you do not wanna know."

As they got closer to Augie's spot Twilight spoke up. Twilight, "So Augie, what do you have planned for the day?"

Augie surprised said, "Well, nothing really...why?"

"Well I think it would be great if you got a chance to hang out with Kane. If that's okay with you Kane." Asked Twilight.

Kane, "Yeah that won't be a problem, but what about our plans for hanging out I hate to leave you hanging."

Twilight smiled with appreciation, "Well since today is Friday we can pick some time over the weekend. So today you guys can go to the arcade or something." Augie thinking brought up another option.

Augie, "Well instead of that, Kane and I can go do a LAIRE event that is happening today. I wasn't gonna go because I didn't really have anyone to go with."

Kane said, "Cool, I'd have no problem in going."

Twilight clapped with excitement, "That is a great idea! So we can move our plans for the café, I want to take you, to tomorrow. I can text you the address later so we can meet up and tell me all about your time at the event." Happily Twilight took out her phone and handed it to Kane to enter his phone number. Shocked, Kane filled out the contact info without thinking. Augie quietly chuckles.

Kane turn to him "what so funny?"

Augie replies "Oh nothing" Kane shrugs while Sombra thinks and laughs to himself.

'Even this kid ain't so blind after all', Sombra.

Kane annoyed by Sombra ignored the thought. Kane tried to enjoy the rest of the time with Twilight before her stop. Twilight says, "Well, this is my stop. You two have fun at the event." She said with a smile.

Kane waved goodbye as he watched her leave, Augie spoke up. "You really like her don't you."

Kane with embarrassment, "Well yeah she is literally the first friend I have had that I can remember."

Augie continued in a grand voice, "Well, if we are victorious then your fair lady may gift you with a ki..." Kane shoved his hand onto Augie's face before Augie could finish. Laughing Augie asked, "too much?"

Kane say, "too much."

After they finish their conversation they get off the bus and walked down the street. As they walked through the city they eventually stumbled upon a park that was filled with people dressed as knights, orcs, elves, and princesses. To Kane and Sombra they had a look of awe and confusing at the bizarre event, but to Augie it was very normal to have events like this with people who understand him.

"So...this is what you spend your weekends on" Kane said

"Well yeah we don't just fight each other, we talk, play music and drink non-alcohol mead" replied Augie.

Kane stood around awkwardly not knowing what to say or do, when suddenly a group of children dressed as goblins came closer. The children were dressed in raggy clothes and scruffy shoes, as well as green paint on their faces and fake green ears. They were running around laughing as they got towards them.

"Treech, and we would like to have your golds...please" said one of the goblins children.

"Well...okay fine you can have my gold" Augie said as he handed each of them a hand full of gold, chocolate golds that is. As the children rush for them, grabbing every chocolate coins they can and ripping gold coat tinfoil of it and devour it as they shove the coins in their mouths. Kane watching them couldn't help but smile humorously at the way they eat all the golden chocolates. While the kids ran with their treasure, Augie and Kane were approached by a man and a teen.

"Greeting fair travelers. Ah, I see a familiar face brings forth a newcomer. Hello Sir Augie, and for the stranger I am Sir Kuzzik. I am joined by my faithful squire Artonius." Said Sir Kuzzik.

Kane looked with confusion not knowing what to say or do. "Hi" Kane said. The knight look at Kane waiting to hear more of him but Kane stood awkwardly.

Augie say "forgive my stoic friend, he comes from a land where action speaks more than words.

The man smiled, "Ah yes! we can use such fighters. Pray thee has your arms been delivered for the upcoming skirmish?"

Kane, "uh..."

Augie, " Nay, my noble man, for our caravan was lost as we traverse the wild lands. Pray yee have stores for which we may restore our wears."

Sombra chuckling, "I like these funny speaking humans."

Sir Kuzzik "Yes, for such a courageous hero and his dark complexion companion. we are more than willing to supply you." Kane silently turn to Augie and give a "really" look. Augie just shrugs as the four set out to get ready for the event.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

They walked towards the tent where the event keeps gear for players. As the other three talk among themselves Kane look around. Kane thought to himself 'Wow this is so...different than I expected.'

Sombra spoke in his Brain "Oh I wonder what they taste like?"

Kane getting better at talking in his head responded, 'first of all don't eat people, second of all you do know its pretend right."

Sombra huffs, "Duh I wasn't born yesterday, If they want to play real shit I be happy to show them what a real monster can do." Kane choses to ignore him, instead he watched how others got ready. He saw people wearing cool costumes dressed as strong orcs, as elegant elves, tough barbarians, or even mischievous goblins. Kane was surprised by so many people taking part in the event and never knew that there was a grassy field big enough to hold them all within the city.

Enjoying the wind as it rustles his hair Kane wondered what he will get to wear. Sombra, 'How about an outlaw'

Kane, 'How do you even know what an outlaw is?" Sombra just shrugs giving Kane a headache.

Sir Kuzzik, "Here it is, the camp's supplies and gear shop."

Augie, "Thank you Sire. will you be joining us in preparing for the battle?"

Sir Kuzzik, "Sadly no, for I have other duties to attend. Come squire we must disembark."

Artonius, "Later."

Kane and Augie entered the large tent.

It show clothes hanging for different type of characters. All sorts of things like tights, cloaks, belts, fake foam weapons, boots, bags, wizard staffs, fake wizard beard, body armors, medieval helmets, and of course makeup. But as they walked through the aisles of the custom clothes there was a certain suit of armor that caught Kane's eye. It was fully pitch black that felt like a void was in it. Along with a sword on the waist's left side, which that too was pitch black but the handle. Lastly, instead of brown leather cloak it was crimson blood coat.

he walk towards it while looking at it mesmerized of the black suit

Sombra said. "Now that is what I call a suit" Smiling sinisterly while Kane grunt angrily at it with a look of irritation.

"I see you took of interest of this peculiar piece of iron" Sir Kuzzik asked as he suddenly reappeared as the man walked toward Kane with joy of the newcomer looking at the armor.

Sombra, "Fucker! where did he come from?" Kane was too busy getting his heart under control to even agree with Sombra.

Kane, "what is it call?"

Sir Kuzzik, "it's called Skuggi shadow of all gods, and his blade made of all the underworld of all the gods homelands. If someone where to wear it they became the Black Knight."

"Really?" Kane said intrigued by the names.

Sir Kuzzik, "Yes and I can see this suit of darkness itself suits you...it is fate that brought you here because you are destined to wear it."

Kane embarrassed, "Yeah it pretty cool I guess..."

Sir Kuzzik chuckles and put his hand on Kane's shoulder, "Indeed my friend indeed," and while moving his hand off of Kane shoulder he clapped his hands twice. "Ada, Ellie, get this black man suit up and ready for entering, I got a feeling that they be in for a surprise."

Kane look confuse until without warning he was drag away to another tent by one of the two elf girls he didn't notice and the other grabbed and carried the armor to an area where everything is dark. The only thing he heard was the armor suit clanging as they put it on him. As the girls finished putting the last parts of the armor, the helmet, they gently push Kane toward the exit of the tent. The light blind him a bit forcing him to hold his hand up to cover his eyes. As the light fade enough for him to see all he sees was everyone stop and look at him with fear. He noticed it and tried to calm their fears but unfortunately he didn't had a chance to do so.

Sir Kuzzik "Make way and knell for the great and powerful Black Knight" he said it with pride.

Everyone immediately moved out of the way and knelled before him, which make him uncomfortable of the whole thing. As he walked straight forward onto the grass more of them came by and look at him with the same fear and knelt to him making Kane more uneasy than he already he was. While Kane walked rigidly, Augie came out also all changed into his own outfit. Shaking his head from amusement, he headed towards Kane to rescue him. Reaching him, Augie gave Kane a pat on the shoulder.

Augie, "Aye, great knight it seems that you have gained quite the following."

Kane, "Following? No they are afraid of me you can see it their eyes."

Augie confused, "Why, I mean sure seeing the outfit for the first time would startle them, but look at them now. they are eager to roleplay with a legendary character."

Kane not believing Augie looked around and saw the scared looks actually get replaced with eyes filled with wonder and even a few waved at him. Kane dumbfounded waved back before turning to back to Augie.

"Augie why would they be excited when I look frightening." Answered Kane.

Augie hummed, "Well, I get that people have been put off by your face, but like look around. There are orcs, goblins, and all sorts of weird looking people. Around here we don't really care to much about how we look as long as we all play nice and have a good time."

Kane look stunned at what Augie said for the first time of his lonely life he final has encouragement from a friend a REAL friend.