• Published 2nd Nov 2023
  • 806 Views, 27 Comments

G5 Adventures in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - ponydog127



On their very first Christmas adventure, our pony heroes make friends with a reindeer with a bright, glowing nose and a very special arctic fox cub, and must help their new friends realize their differences as strengths and help them save Christmas.

  • ...
3
 27
 806

Saving Christmas for All/A Sinister Figure Arrives

Everything seemed to be going right-- the sleigh was loaded, and the ponies were going to help pull the sleigh (thanks to their magic pendants and cutie mark magic) and Rudolph was going to lead the way with his glowing nose, Borealis sitting on top of his back.

All that was left for Mrs. Claus to do was to make sure Santa was plump enough and help him get into his suit. “Ho ho ho ho ho!” Santa laughed merrily. “Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho!”

“Eat now, ho ho ho later,” Mrs. Claus said as she proceeded to feed him more soup. “Let me check. Turn.”

“Oh, Mama…”

“Now, shake when you laugh.”

Santa did as he asked, laughing heartily from the Christmas joy in his heart. “Ho, ho, ho, ho. Ho, ho, ho, ho! Ho, ho, ho, ho!”

“Now, that’s my Santa,” Mrs. Claus smiled proudly. “Oh, thanks, Mama,” Santa smiled back. “My coat.”

Two of the elves quickly sported Santa with his trademark red coat, his hat and gives him his sack before he turned to the lead reindeer and the ponies behind him. “Ready, Rudolph?”

“Ready, Santa!” Rudolph shouted back from the front. “And us Equestrians are ready too!” Sunny said from where she and Hitch were harnessed behind Pipp and Zipp and in front of Izzy and Misty. “Well, let’s be on our way,” Santa said as he hopped into the sleigh. “Okay, Rudolph!” Borealis told her best friend. “Full power!”

Rudolph’s nose began to glow at its brightest level yet, and two elves heaved open the doors to the stormy night before them. “First stop,” Santa announced, “the Island of Misfit Toys!”

Santa flicked the reins, giving the reindeer and the ponies the command to move toward the doors and pick up enough speed to take off. “Up… up… up and AWAY!!!”

As everyone followed the sleigh outside, the reindeer and ponies suddenly took to the sky without a moment of hesitation… as if it was natural. Even the flightless ponies were stunned at how easily they were able to do this. “I can’t believe it!” Sunny cried. “We’re flying and pulling Santa’s sleigh!”

“WHOOOO-HOOO!!!” Izzy cried. “I’M THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD!!!”

Down on the ground, Clarice and Rudolph’s parents watched as the sleigh soared out of sight. “He’ll be a hero after this!” Clarice said proudly. “They all will!”

“Yes,” Mrs. Donner nodded. “Heroes!”

“That’s my buck!” Donner smiled proudly.

“Now, you see how it's done?” Yukon asked his dogs. “WAHOOO!!!”

Once again, he threw his pickaxe into the air and watched it land on the ground again, taking a lick of it to discover something completely different than what he expected. “Peppermint! What I've been searching for all my life! I've struck it rich! I've got me a peppermint mine! WAHOO!!!

XXXXXXXX

Meanwhile, on the Island of Misfit Toys, Frenala and three of the misfit toys (namely Charlie-in-the-box, the doll and the spotted elephant) were resting by the fire before the night ahead. “Well, it's Christmas Eve, but…” Charlie trailed off, leading the spotted elephant to sigh. “Looks like we're forgotten again.”

“But Sunny and Rudolph promised we’d go this time,” the doll pointed out. “I know you guys are really hoping to get out of here, I know you are,” Frenala said. “But… the back of my mind is telling me that maybe this storm was too much for them.”

Little did the four of them know it, but there was a bright light in the sky, followed by jingle bells that seemed to get louder the closer the light got. “Might... Might just as well go to bed and start dreaming about next year,” Charlie said, hiding in his box as the doll began to tearfully sob. “I haven't any dreams left to dream. We'll never get off this island… never!”

“Wait a minute…” Frenala’s ears began to pick up a sound, sort of like bells. “What’s that?”

“Is it… is it?” the spotted elephant was first to look to the sky, and seeing who it was made Charlie jump literally for joy. “ It sure is! It's Santa and the ponies! And look! Rudolph is leading the way!”

“You can see his nose from here!” Frenala said as she galloped ahead. Every toy gathered around as the group made their landing, and Sunny turned to Frenala with a smile. “We told you that we’d be back. And we’d like for you to come with us, Frenala, and see which toys might belong where.”

“Really?!” Frenala asked in delight. “I’d be honored!”

“Well, let’s be on our way,” Santa said as Frenala hopped into the sleigh with him, and all the toys piled into the sack. “Ready, Rudolph?”

“Ready, Santa!”

“Okay, Rudolph!” Sunny said before all the ponies shouted together, “FULL POWER!!”

Rudolph’s nose lit up brightly before the ponies and reindeer galloped ahead, slowly taking to the sky once again. “Up… up… up and away!”

Sam waved to the ponies as they waved back before beginning to sing a song for all to hear as the reindeer, ponies and sleigh flew above the clouds to deliver the misfit toys to their homes.

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You would even say it glows

All of the other reindeer
Used to laugh and call him names
They'd never let poor Rudolph
Join in any reindeer games

Then one foggy Christmas Eve
Santa came to say
"Rudolph, with your nose so bright,
Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"

Then how the reindeer loved him
As they shouted out with glee,
"Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
You'll go down in history!"

[Instrumental bridge]

"Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
You'll go down in history!"

“Merry Christmas!” Santa shouted to the world below the clouds. “MEEEEERRY CHRISTMAS!!!”

And so, the ponies helped the reindeer fly the sleigh out of sight, and when they would get back to the North Pole, the portal would open, they would find the crystal, head home and all would be well…

…or would it?

XXXXXXXX

Paradise Moonray got on an ice floe that carried her all the way to the very edge of the North Pole, eventually getting off and holding up the map she had taken from London a few months ago. “Now according to the map, the Amulet of Spiritalia is due north of her, in an icy cave on the shores. Soon… Mother will be back, and we will reign supreme over not just Equestria… but every world we come across.

Comments ( 13 )

For the next story, could you have Misty sing this song while she confronts her mother?

11743045
I'll definitely include the song, but I was thinking more for the season 2 finale.

11743052
But then again, you never know

Great work. Oh, maybe you could do Scooby Doo Abracadabra Doo movie for the next adventure. :)

11743132
It would make sense since it does feature a Griffin another Equestria creature that hasn't been seen in generations like dragons. So you could introduce a Griffin OC character.

11743163
But I've already featured griffins in my stories

A charming Christmas crossover. Our heroes journey of self discovery is concluded!

11743353
Just you wait-- the sequel is being written as we speak!

11743190
It would still be interesting given Velma's sister will see real magic from Sunny and the Ponies versus stage magic. :)

11743847
I mean... I'll consider it.

Login or register to comment