• Published 2nd Nov 2023
  • 806 Views, 27 Comments

G5 Adventures in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - ponydog127



On their very first Christmas adventure, our pony heroes make friends with a reindeer with a bright, glowing nose and a very special arctic fox cub, and must help their new friends realize their differences as strengths and help them save Christmas.

  • ...
3
 27
 806

Silver and Gold/Setting Sail

After Pipp and Zipp sang their song, the group fell asleep and waited out the harsh night, snow and wind in order for them to continue on the next morning. But, during the night, Misty and Borealis seemed to have similar dreams… about their mothers.

In Misty’s dream, she dreamt that she and her mother (who she had managed to finally reform) and her father were attacked by Opaline’s spirit, which was pulled into Paradise’s body and Paradise became twice as evil as before, not to mention she became an alicorn.

In Borealis’ dream, she kept hearing her mother’s voice calling out to her, but no matter where she went, she couldn’t find the source of the voice. When she finally came to the ocean, she floated out on an iceberg, which began to get sucked down into a whirlpool, causing Borealis to scream in fright.

And as their dreams reached the most terrifying parts, Misty and Borealis woke up, fearfully panting. Heating someone else wake at the same time as her, Misty looked to see the little fox awake and looking startled. “Oh... sorry, Bori. Did I wake you up?”

“No, I woke up on my own. I just... had this freaky dream about my mom calling to me,” Borealis shook her head. “Did you have a dream too?”

“Yeah. It was about me and my family, and the spirit of the evil alicorn showed up and attacked us.”

“Yikes...” Borealis gulped nervously. “That sounds really spooky.”

“Hey... do you remember anything about your mom, per chance?” Misty asked gently. “Something that could help us find her?”

“...nothing really specific. Just... I know she has the same eyes as me,” Borealis tried to recall. “She had to. As far as I know, I'm the only fox like this in the known universe. If I could find her... maybe I wouldn’t be so alone.”

Misty frowned at this and scooted closer to the fox cub. “Bori... you're not alone. You have me and Rudolph and Sunny... and it may not feel like it now... but you have Rudolph’s parents too.”

“...you mean the parents who are raising a freak fox?”

Misty looked down at the fox with a stern expression. “Bori, you're not a freak. You're unique in every aspect. If you want, maybe me and my friends can help you figure out how to control those new powers of yours.”

“Really?” Borealis asked. “You guys would do that for me?”

“Why would we not?” Misty asked with a chuckle. “You and Rudolph are family to us, no matter where we are or what happens next.”

Borealis sighed, feeling lucky to have such wonderful friends in her corner. But as she was about to thank Misty, a yawn escaped from her throat. “We better get you back to bed,” Misty told her in a motherly tone. “After all... we go back to facing the cold, cruel world tomorrow.”

“Yeah... I guess you're right,” Borealis nodded tiredly. “Night, Misty.”

“Good night, Borealis. Sweet dreams.”

XXXXXXXX

By the sun rose the next morning, the snow was still falling, but the wind wasn't blowing half as hard as before. The group was honestly very lucky to have survived that first night, but they knew that if this weather kept up, they wouldn’t be able to survive for much longer.

As they walked around for what seemed like a long time, a voice came out of nowhere, surprising the group. “Mush! MUSH!!”

“What's that?!” Borealis yelped. “I don’t know, but we better hide!” Hermey said, looking around for a hiding place until he saw a large snowbank. “Everyone, in here!”

The ponies, Rudolph and Borealis dove into the snowbank, unfortunately, their legs were still hanging out as the voice, along with dogs barking, seemed to get even closer. “Mush! Don't you understand North Pole talk? Mush!”

Soon, the source of the voice approached the snowbank-- a tall, muscular prospector with a team of sled dogs, who was passing through when he saw the groups' behinds sticking out. “What's this?”

The dogs barked as the prospector pulled Rudolph and Hermey out of the snowbank, and Borealis and the ponies managed to wiggle themselves free, rolling into Rudolph and Hermey as the prospector glanced down at them. “Hey, you get frostbit that way.”

“Blech, snow tastes kinda bad…” Hitch said, wiping some off his face. “Thanks for pulling us out of there.”

“W-Who are you?” Borealis asked, a little nervous of the man’s stature. “Who am I? The name's Yukon Cornelius, the greatest prospector in the North!” the man introduced himself. “This is my land, and it's rich with gold. GOLD!!!”

The force of Yukon's shout caused the ground beneath the group to tremble, causing many to shriek in surprise. “Gold and silver.. silver and gold! Wahoo!”

Yukon Cornelius threw his pickaxe up in the air until it land on a patch of snow, before he picked it up and licked it, unfortunately frowning on concern. “Nothing.”

Something about the thoughts of silver and gold seemed to spark something in Pipp's mind, causing her to gasp and bring out her guitar. “I just struck inspirational gold! Listen to this, guys!”

After strumming a bit to get in tune, Pipp closed her eyes and began to sing and strum a soft tune...

...not knowing that Sam the Snowman was singing the same tune while playing his banjo and watching woodland creatures decorate the Christmas Tree Forest.

Pipp: Silver and gold
Silver and gold
Everyone wishes for silver and gold

Sam: How do you measure its worth?
Just by the pleasure it gives here on Earth

Silver and gold
Silver and gold

Pipp and Sam: Means so much more when I see
Silver and gold decorations
On every Christmas tree

As Pipp continued to strum her guitar in that chilly valley, Sam turned to the animals gathered around them, having decorated the tree and were watching it shine under the sunlight. “What's a Christmas tree without tinsel and pretty silver and gold decorations? You can't really call it a Christmas tree, now can you?” he asked the woodland creatures. “And think of all the fun and joy that would be lost on Christmas morning if all the young folks didn't get to see that sparkling, happy tree.”

With this being said, and in two different places, Pipp and Sam began to sing and play in unison.

Sam and Pipp: Silver and gold
Silver and gold
Means so much more when I see...

Silver and gold decorations
On every Christmas... tree...

XXXXXXXX

After Pipp finished her song, the ponies and Borealis applauded for her as she put her guitar away. “Pipp, that was beautiful!” Borealis smiled. “Really fits the Christmas mood.”

Pipp giggled with a light blush on her cheeks. “Thanks, Bori.”

“Oh, well. Now I'm off to get lots of things like supplies,” Yukon shrugged. “Cornmeal, gunpowder, ham hocks, guitar strings. I'll give you a lift. Hop aboard, mateys.”

As Borealis hopped on the sled, Yukon picked Rudolph and Hermey up and set them down beside her. “Uh... you don't have to pick us up, Mr. Yukon,” said Misty. “We’re fine walking and flying for now.”

“Suit yourself, missy,” Yukon shrugged before turning to his dogsled team and cracking his whip repeatedly to get them to move. “Now, Mush! Mush! MUSH!!”

But no matter how much Yukon tried, his dog sled team would not move one single inch. Hitch listened to the dogs barking, and after a moment, hummed and turned back to Yukon. “They say they’re tired of you always whipping them and asking them to mush without saying please,” he translated. “So… they want you to pull the sled and show them how it’s done.”

“Seriously?” Borealis asked. “You can understand them?”

“Hitch can understand all sorts of animals,” Sunny said. “Except our baby dragon back home.”

Yukon really didn’t want to do all the heavy lifting himself, but he really didn’t have any other choice, so he took the ropes and began watching. “Like this. Watch.”

As soon as the sled began to get moving, the dogs hopped on the sled with Hermey, Rudolph and Borealis, while the ponies trotted behind. But... things wouldn't remain this peaceful for long.

Only a few minutes after they got to moving again, the abominable snowman suddenly appeared from the mountains and let out a deafening roar that made the group freeze in their tracks. “Gadzooks!” Yukon cried out. “The Bumble Snow Monster of the North strikes again. Look!”

“It’s my nose!” Rudolph groaned at his nose glowing again. “It keeps giving us away!”

The monster was quickly approaching the group, and the ponies stood ready to defend their friends. “Stay calm, guys!” Sunny shouted. “We’ll buy you some time!”

“No need for fighting there, Miss Sunny,” Yukon dismissed. “We'll outwit the fiend with our superior intelligence.”

“How?” Borealis asked. “Have Rudolph douse the nose… and run like crazy!” Yukon grabbed the ropes again. “Come on!”

Misty and Izzy shot a beam at the monster to disorient it before joining their friends on the run through the mountains, and after he got over the blinding light, the monster immediately gave chase, all the way to the icy beach. “We’re trapped!” Zipp cried. “And unless you can fly, there’s no other way out!”

“It’s my nose again!” Rudolph blamed himself. “It’s ruined us!”

“Don’t blame yourself, Rudolph!” cried Borealis. “Maybe I can try something!”

“Bori, wait!” Sunny tried to halt her. “It’s too dangerous!”

Not wanting to not do something, Borealis ignored her cries, immediately hopped off the sled and stood in preparation as the monster got closer. “Hey, monster! Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?!”

With that, Borealis slammed her tail on the ice and sent magic right at the monster, causing him to stumble back in surprise. “I held him off a little longer,” she told the others, “but we still gotta think of a way out of here!”

“No need to worry about that. The bumble has one weakness, and I know it,” Yukon said, and with his pickaxe, he cut some of the ice they were standing on in half to make a small iceberg, and cast the group off to the sea, like a raft. “Do it yourself icebergs!” Misty cried. “Brilliant, Yukon! Izzy, grab a shovel and let’s paddle!”

Izzy grabbed one of Yukon’s shovels in her mouth and began to paddle alongside Misty to get further away from the snow monster, but the bumble was quickly approaching the beach, making the group get worried until Yukon pointed something out to them. “Observe: the bumble's one weakness.”

Hesitantly, the monster took one step into the water, to see if he could catch up Rudolph and gang. But of coarse, as he did, the big monster then sinks beneath the water. “The bumble sinks!” Yukon cheered. “HA HA!!”

As the monster climbed back to land, he turned with angry roar and glared at the Equestrians and their friends as they sailed away for their safety. “Yukon Cornelius scores again! Whoopee!” Yukon happily tossed his pickaxe into the air until it landed on the ice, to which he picked it up and licked it again. “Nothing.”

“Phew… that was way too close,” Hitch shuddered. “We really have to be more mindful of that monster going forward.”

“Sure, Hitch. What I did back there was brave,” Borealis said, “but stupid. VERY stupid.”

Sunny rubbed the little fox down in comfort as Rudolph turned to look up at Yukon. “Uh, mister? Where are we going?”

You're all going to stay with me and we'll all be rich... with the biggest silver strike this side of Hudson Bay. SILVER!!!”

Of course, this got Hermey confused. “I thought you wanted gold.”

“I changed my mind!”

The ponies, Rudolph, Borealis and Hermey glanced at one another in confusion, shrugging before deciding to go with it. One thing was for sure, our heroes were really on their way...

...but the only problem was that not one of them knew where they were going.