• Published 2nd Nov 2023
  • 807 Views, 27 Comments

G5 Adventures in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - ponydog127



On their very first Christmas adventure, our pony heroes make friends with a reindeer with a bright, glowing nose and a very special arctic fox cub, and must help their new friends realize their differences as strengths and help them save Christmas.

  • ...
3
 27
 807

Eight Months Later/Fight with the Bumble

By the time that Rudolph, Borealis and the ponies reached the mainland after a long time of traveling across the icy sea, it was a fight for surviving as best they could.

The abominable snow monster chased them a few times, but the ponies were able to ward him off and help their friends get away. In fact, some of the ponies, and even Rudolph and Borealis, gained valuable skills that shaped their character.

Pipp learned not to depend on her phone so much, and took her time experiencing the world and protecting her elder sister and friends.

Although they had to keep moving to avoid danger most of the time, Hitch learned to loosen up and have fun when the time came for it.

Zipp still had sharp detective skills, but she also learned to recognize when she was going too far and how to play good cop and bad cop when the time came for it.

Borealis became more confident in her magic skills and Rudolph helped Sunny out as becoming somewhat of a co-leader.

Once in a while, the group did stop to make a friend or two, like some friendly polar bear cubs. But the fun wouldn't usually last very long, since someone would see Rudolph's nose and laugh, sending the group on their way once again.

But during all that time, a strange and wonderful thing was happening.

Rudolph was growing into a handsome young buck, his buds of antlers sprouting into a small rack of them, and Borealis was growing into a beautiful young fox, just as her long-lost mother always envisioned her to be.

And growing up taught Rudolph and Borealis, in different ways, you can't run away from your troubles. And pretty soon, they reached the same conclusion.

XXXXXXXX

“Sunny, ponies? Borealis and I have talked a lot over the past couple days,” said Rudolph, “and... we think that it's time for us to go home.”

This comment from the misfit reindeer caused the ponies to turn to him and the white fox with a bit of surprise. “Rudolph... are you sure?” Sunny asked. “I mean, I think it's great that you guys wanna go home, but... are you guys sure that you're ready?”

“Running away hasn't really solved our problems, Sunny,” Borealis shook her head. “Rudolph and I finally realized that after all these months away from our friends and families... and spending time with you guys has taught us that too. Besides... I do kinda miss Christmastown now that the holidays are getting closer.”

“...we're proud of you guys for making that decision on your own terms,” Zipp told them with a smile. “We’re ready to go whenever you're ready.”

“Then what's stopping us now?” Rudolph asked. “Come on... let's head home.”

XXXXXXXX

At the speed they were galloping, it didn't take the ponies, Borealis ans Rudolph to return, but as soon as they arrived, the childhood bullies began to try and provoke Rudolph about his nose again. “You! I thought you were gone for good,” said one of the bucks. “Hey, look who's back: old Neon Nose and friends!”

The reindeer bursts with laughter, much to Rudolph and Borealis' irritation. But no matter how much they wanted to tell these reindeer off, they had more important matters to get to, so they went ahead and galloped off. “Good job controlling yourselves back there you two,” Hitch told the fox and reindeer duo. “Now come on-- I bet it'll be good for the two of you to see your home sweet... er, cave again.”

It only took a few minutes to reach the cave, and once they were there, Rudolph and Borealis burst inside, calling for their family.

“Ma? Pa!”

“We’re home!”

But surprisingly... the cave was empty, no trace of Donner or Mrs. Donner anywhere. “That’s so strange... where are they?” Misty looked around with confusion. “They couldn’t have moved caves on us... could they?”

“No-- Pa told me that he and Ma would never move from this cave,” Rudolph shook his head. “Something must have happened.”

“Yeah...” Borealis nodded with worry. “The question is what?”

“They’re gone, Rudolph.”

Everyone turned to see Santa entering the cave behind them, and even he looked worried. “They've been gone for months, out looking for you and your friends.”

“Clarice?” Rudolph asked, and to his worry, Santa nodded, his frown growing larger. “She's gone too and I'm very worried. Christmas Eve is only two days off, and without your father, I'll never be able to get my sleigh off the ground.”

“Gone...? Something must have happened to them, and we're gonna find out what,” Zipp said in a determined tone. “Right,” Borealis stated with a nod. “We’ll find them, sir. We'll find them all!”

XXXXXXXX

But, after they left the cave, suddenly... it hit.

The snowstorm to end all snowstorms that weren't caused by unicorns saying 'Frostyshivers', and only two days before Christmas Eve.

Rudolph knew (as he, Borealis and their pony friends struggled to trudge through the snow and wind) that he needed to find his parents and Clarice right away, and by following his gut feeling, there was only one place he knew to look.

The cave of the Abominable Snow Monster.

XXXXXXXX

According to the stories his mother and father always told him and Borealis before they ran away, the cave entrance was at the bottom of the tallest mountain in Christmastown, normally off-limits-- but no one would really mind if they went in just once.

Soon, they reached the cave, and Borealis gulped nervously upon seeing how huge the entrance was. “I know we gotta go in there, but that snow monster scares the Northern Lights outta me! I mean... do we even have a plan?!”

“We do now!” Sunny said. “Rudolph and I had been talking about it the entire way here! We’re going to distract the monster while you and Rudolph get your family and Clarice, and then we’re busting out of this place and back to Santa’s castle in time for the Christmas Eve launch!”

“That’s what you call a plan?! He could crush us with one stomp of his foot!”

“Hey, we at least have to give this a shot!” Pipp argued. “It’s either this or nothing!”

“All right then...” Sunny took a deep breath. “Let’s do this!”

The group slowly moved over to the cave entrance to take a peek inside, and were shocked beyond measure to see his parents and Clarice had been captured by the monster. While Donner and Mrs. Donner remained fearful in their places, the monster held up Clarice and was ready to eat her, while Clarice, in panic, struggled trying to escape.

That was when the ponies made their move, Sunny turning into her alicorn form and all of them ready to take this monster down. “PUT HER DOWN!!!”

At their shout, the monster turned gazed at Equestrians to his surprise and dropped Clarice on the floor, leaving Zipp to catch her before she hit the ground. The fight between the ponies and the monster began as the abominable narrowly launches at him, but missed due to their quick movements, tumbling onto the floor and in a daze.

Hitch used his earth pony powers to grow vines that slowly began to bind the monster to the floor, and Pipp and Zipp kicked him in the face to disorient him.

Sunny charged toward the monster just as Rudolph and Borealis were close to reaching their family, and as the apricot alicorn attacked, the monster grabbed a rock from the ceiling, causing Rudolph to gasp and run toward her. “Sunny, watch out!!”

“Huh?!”

Rudolph shoved Sunny out of the way just as the rock came down, hitting Rudolph on the head and knocking him unconscious. “RUDOLPH!!” Borealis screamed. “NOOOOO!!”

As the monster laughed at his deception, this fueled Borealis' rage, causing her to run over to the monster and fired blast after blast from her tail to buy the ponies, Clarice and Rudolph’s family some time to Rudolph’s aid.

That only left them to wonder... what would happen to them now?

XXXXXXXX

As Borealis bought her friends some time to get Rudolph somewhere safe, they had no idea that after Rudolph, Borealis and the ponies left them, Hermey and Yukon Cornelius had tried to find their friends, taking them to Christmastown right before the storm hit.

Eventually, the sled dogs followed the scent that Rudolph's group were able to leave behind, and Hermey soon found the location of where their friends were. “Hey, look!”

They found themselves approaching Bumble's cave, but Yukon's dogs seemed like they were unable to stop. “Whoa! WHOAAAA!!!” Yukon yelled at the dogs. “Un-mush, will ya?!”

Finally, the dogs pressed their paws into the snow and halted, and Hermey and Yukon witnessed all the action from the cave entrance. “What do we do?” Hermey asked quietly. “We can't let that monster get ahold of them!”

“I’ve got an idea!” Yukon said before whispering his plan to Hermey. “Not bad,” Hermey commented as soon as he was done. “It might just work!”

XXXXXXXX

“Come on, Rudolph… you gotta wake up!” Sunny muttered tearfully as she tried to use her alicorn magic to awaken him. “You just have to!”

Sunny had been trying for the past 3 minutes to wake Rudolph, and Clarice was already in tears. “Why doesn't he get it over with?” she sobbed, and Sunny finally allowed her tears to fall on Rudolph, which caused him to stir. “Pa…? Ma…! Clarice!”

“Rudolph, you’re okay!” Misty said as the ponies came to the aid of their friend. “Borealis has been buying us a little time, but I don’t know how much longer she can hold them off--”

Suddenly, there was a yelp, and Borealis landed over near them, causing Sunny to come help her up. “Monster… coming!” she panted. “We need… another plan!”

XXXXXXXX

Outside the cave, Hermey and Yukon were just about to put their plan into motion. “Are you sure we can get him out?” Hermey asked. “Never knew the bumble snow monster yet who'd turn down a pork dinner for deer meat,” Yukon spoke from his climbing perch. “Do your stuff!”

As Yukon began to climb up the side of the cave, Hermey began to softly make oinking noises like a big, but it was clear that wouldn’t echo enough and draw the monster out. “Put some heart in it! That bumble's hungry!”

Hermey began to oink louder at that point, catching the monster's attention as he went outside to investigate. Outside, Hermey ran away from the abominable as he came outside, just before Yukon got his queue by dropping down a big snowball to hit him. “WAHOO!!” Yukon cheered as the monster was knocked off his feet. “ Terrible weather we've been having. Ha ha ha! Snow and ice!”

Using his pickaxe, he loosened a rock that dropped onto the monster’s head, knocking him out cold. “All right, dentist, you take it from here.”

Hermey nodded and got his tools ready-- time to tame this monster once and for all!

XXXXXXXX

“What happened?” Pipp asked, not able to get a good view of what had happened. “Where’s the monster? Is he gone?”

“He sure is!” Zipp smiled in relief. “And there’s Yukon Cornelius!”

“Ta-daaaaa!” Yukon announced as he came inside the cave. “In person!”

“We’re saved!” Clarice shouted. “Let’s get out of here!” Donner suggested as Rudolph’s nose began to glow. “I’ll light the way!”

But before they could make any movements, the monster had reblocked their path, roaring menacingly and causing Yukon to growl back at him. “Why, blast your hairy bumble hide.”

“Don't let this big blowhard scare you anymore,” Hermey said as he walked underneath the monster. “Just walk right past him.”

“Walk past him?!” Hitch cried. “What are you talking about?!”

“I see now… look! At his mouth!” Sunny pointed at the monster, and it turns out, Hermey had yanked out all the monster’s teeth, rendering the monster helpless. “Looks like we'll never have to worry about that bumble eating us anymore,” Misty said in relief before Yukon turned to the monster. “I tell you, you're Looking at a mighty humble bumble. BOO!!”

The monster tried to roar, but as it turns out, without his teeth, he looked a LOT less menacing. “He's nothing without his chompers! Let me at him. WAHOO!!!!”

“Yukon, wait!” Zipp cried out. “Be careful! He may not have his teeth, but he could crush you in an instant!”

Yukon and his dogs proceeded in pushing the monster outside the cave, who was now terrified, backed away from Yukon and his dogs until reaching the edge of the cliff. And then, much to the horror of the group, Yukon and his dogs launched themselves at the monster, sending them toppling over the cliff. “YUKON!!!”

Borealis, the ponies, Rudolph and Hermey ran toward the edge to check on them, but there was nothing that remained… no monster, no dogs… no Yukon. “He’s gone!” Rudolph cried sadly. “Oh, he’s gone!”

Borealis sobbed against Rudolph’s leg as the rest of the group hung their heads and sobbed at the loss of their friend, remaining this way for a moment until Pipp cleared her tears and looked at the group. “Come on, guys… Yukon wouldn’t want us mourning his death. Right now… we have to get everyone back to Christmastown in time for Christmas Eve… right?”

“...you’re right, Pipp,” Misty nodded sadly before turning to the others. “Come on, guys… let’s get outta here.”

As they turned and walked away, Sunny looked back sadly, as if wishing for some sort of sign of life from Yukon before following her friends to bring their new friends back home.