• Published 14th Oct 2023
  • 844 Views, 26 Comments

G5 Adventures in The Great Mouse Detective - ponydog127



Our heroes journey back to 19th century England to help Basil of Baker Street find a young mouse girl's toymaker father after he was kidnapped by Professor Ratigan and his bat minion Fidget.

  • ...
3
 26
 844

Another Case Solved/Finally Heading Home

Every mouse in London had heard about the group's bravery that night-- the queen even knighted them for their good service. Then, she presented the ponies with something she had never let anyone else recieve... one of her royal jewels from her treasury. That's when Misty immediately noticed that one of the crystals in the treasury looked just like the cutie mark crystal, and the queen let them take it out of good will.

Though all of London was shocked that Ratigan did not survive the fall, no one was sad about it... they were happy that one of London's biggest criminals was finally not going to cause harm anymore.

Back at the flat, Dr. Dawson could hardly believe what had happened to them recently. “To be thanked by the Queen herself! Oh, how very thrilling, eh, Basil?”

Basil placed Ratigan’s bell on the mantle with a smile. “All in a day’s work, doctor.”

“I just can’t believe that the queen gave us the cutie mark crystal we’ve been looking for!” said Sunny, putting it into her saddlebag. “Five crystals down, three more to go!”

“I sure hope you lot find them safe and sound,” Dr. Dawson said before Olivia turned to him. “Dr. Dawson, you were all wonderful!”

“Indeed,” Mr. Flaversham said before checking his watch. “ Oh my, we’re late to catch our train. Come along, Olivia.”

“Yes, Father.”

It was a very bittersweet moment as Olivia embraced the mouse who saved her life, as well as her father’s. “Goodbye, Basil. I… I’ll never forget you.”

“Nor I you, Miss…” Basil couldn’t help but repeat the running gag one final time. “Miss Flangerhanger.”

“Whatever,” Dr. Dawson chuckled as Olivia put on her coat and hat. “Goodbye, Dr. Dawson.”

“Goodbye, my dear.”

“Will you all come back and visit?” Olivia asked her new pony friends, and Pipp tenderly rubbed her head. “We promise.”

And just like that, Olivia and her father left the group alone, just as the portal to Equestria opened. “Well, that’s us,” Zipp said. “Thanks for everything.”

“And thank you for helping us,” Azurine smiled. “We’ll never forget you.”

The ponies waved goodbye before they set off through the portal, and once it closed, Dr. Dawson cleared his throat. “Well, it’s time we were on our way too. Come along, Azurine.”

“Oh… but… I thought…” Azurine began to say out of sadness. “Well, the case is over,” Dr. Dawson told her. “Perhaps it’s… well, perhaps it’s best we found our own living quarters.”

Suddenly, a knock at the door interrupted the conversation, and Azurine and Dr. Dawson went to the door to answer it. A young lady mouse, looking quite distraught, was at the door, clearly in search of help. “I-Is this the home of the famous Basil of Baker Street?”

“Indeed it is, miss,” said Azurine with a smile. “You look as if you’re in some sort of trouble.”

“Oh, I am! I am!”

“Then, you’ve come to precisely the right place,” Dr. Dawson said before Basil approached them, putting an arm around Dr. Dawson. “ Ah, allow me to introduce my trusted associates, Dr. Dawson and Azurine Flower, with whom I do all my cases. Isn’t that right, doctor?”

“What?” Azurine asked out of surprise, but then Basil reached out to shake hands/hooves with them. “Oh, yes. Yes!” Dr. Dawson said happily. “By all means.”

The moment lasted for a moment longer before Basil got right down to business. “As you can see, Dawson, this young lady has just arrived from the Hampstead district and is troubled about the disappearance of an emerald ring missing from the third finger of her right hand. Now, tell me your story and, pray, be precise.”

From that time on, Dr. Dawson and Azurine solved the most exciting cases with Basil, and the ponies returned to their homeworld with some new detective skills to use on their adventures…

…thanks to the Great Mouse Detective, Basil of Baker Street.

XXXXXXXX

In another part of London, however, a hooded pony wandered through the streets until she came upon a shop with a rolled up piece of paper in the window… exactly what she was looking for for the past several weeks since her last defeat.

The pony removed her hood, revealing herself to be Paradise Moonray. “Finally…” she sneered. “The Amulet of Spiritalia will be mine… and no one will be able to stop me… especially not Sunny Starscout or Misty Brightdawn.

Comments ( 2 )

And with that, the case is closed.

(Seeing Paradise)

Or is it?

What a charming adventure and another mystery solved! great job!

Login or register to comment