• Published 15th Sep 2023
  • 1,333 Views, 114 Comments

Spike's Frontier - dragonfan101



Spike awakens on the Starfall Islands after being sucked into an ancient device, He meets Sonic the hedgehog and they go on an adventure to save Sonic's friends.

  • ...
2
 114
 1,333

Prologue: A Strange Place...

"Equestria, a beautiful land full of happiness and amazing creatures." A voice narrates as we see multiple areas of Equestria in it's best state. " My home." the voice finishes.

"My name is Spike, i live with Twilight Sparkle and am the best friend of Thorax, the newest King of the changelings. We all have settled down again after defeating Chrysalis again." Spike says as we see him walking in a forest alone.
"I left to think over all that has happened in the last couple days, it's something someone would want after such an event right?" Spike asks as we see him sit down at a tree.

"Even after an awful event like what happened with Chrysalis, everything can become normal like it never happened, sure the memory is still there, but it feels like it can be brushed aside you know?" Spike asks as we see him relaxing, a strange noise passes his ears, Spike get's curious and checks it out, he simply finds a deer pinned down by a rock near a cave, Spike quickly rushes up to it and helps it up.

"You alright?" spike asks and the deer licks him in thanks and he laughs.
"Your welcome, you should see my friend Fluttershy she can help you if your still injured." Spike tells it, the deer nods and walks off and Spike waves goodbye.
"Helping anyone or anything is just something i want to do in life, whether it's big or small" Spike narrates as he looks around, he sees something strange beneath the rubble of the rock and gets curious.

"What's this?" Spike asks as he pushes the rubble away.
"Little did i know something big was about to happen" Spike's voice narrates as Spike's eyes widen in what he sees, this looks like an extremely advanced gear, like what one would find for a train, Spike looks at it in awe.
"What are you? How have we gone so long without finding you?" Spike asks in fascination, Spike then looks at the cave and lets his curiosity get the better of him and he walks into it.

It looked like just an old cave, nothing that interesting was seen except for some rocks and a few gems on the walls, Spike's stomach growled as he felt a little hungry.

" I might as well take a little bite since i have no food right now." Spike says as he reaches out for it, Spike pulls out a few gems at a time, but when he tries to grab a specific emerald, it doesn't pull out.
"What the?" Spike asks confused, Spike then tries harder but it doesn't budge." Come on!" Spike says as he grunts, he then tries more but eventually gets tired and stops trying and pushes his hand against the wall the emerald is on.

"Stupid gem..." Spike says frustrated, he suddenly felt his hand slide a little and he hears a click sound, Spike looks at it and sees the gem was pushed into the wall!
"How in Celestia's name?" Spike asks confused, suddenly the ground begins to shake as cracks begin to form from the wall and it goes underneath Spike and it begins to collapse.
"On no.." Spike says in fear, he tries to escape but the ground collapses, Spike screams as he falls down into a black abyss.

Spike then lands on the ground and he groans in pain.
"Okay, lesson learned, never pick gems out of a wall from any other cave, unless it's the gem cave." Spike says as he gets up, Spike sees the Gear he found and picks it up.
"You better be worth all of this.." Spike says frustrated as he looks around hoping to find a way out.
"What is this place?" Spike asks as he looks around, suddenly the ground shakes again as the ground he's on begins to have blue lights suddenly appear and they spread throughout the room.

Spike looks at it scarred in what was happening, Soon the lights all come on and he finally gets a good look at this place, and Spike couldn't believe what he saw.

This place looked extremely advanced, the ground he was on was metal and it didn't look like any other metal he's seen, Spike looks around in amazement.
"This place looks ancient, yet so.. advanced" Spike says as he continues to look around, he then regains focus and looks ahead.
"First things first, gotta find a way out of here." Spike says as he moves forward with the gear still in his hands.

The place kept getting stranger and stranger, Spike sees drawings on the wall possibly written in some unknown language from Equestria, he sees what looks like several blue figures with green eyes surrounding seven gems with a large green gem in the center.
"What does all of this mean? Does Celestia know about any of this?" Spike asks in amazement as he continues further, he soon stumbles upon a large room with drawings all over it, and at the center, a chair of somekind with a circle in the top.
Spike looks around and he sees no door.

"Trapped." Spike says scarred as he tries to find somewhere to escape, Spike looks at the drawings some more and he sees more of these strange figures, using these emeralds to power some huge giants. they look like a story being told, the final drawing he sees is of four of these giants fighting what looks like a moon with a red energy around it.

"What could all this mean?" Spike asks scarred as he doesn't know whether or not it has or will happened. He then looks at the chair and gets closer to it, he then sees what looks like a gear piece in the center, Spike hesitates for a moment but decides he has no choice as there looks like no other way out.
"Let's hope this open a door or something." Spike says as he inserts the gear into the chair, Spike waits for something and he sighs.
"What is all of this? Who or what made this? Did Celestia ever know about this?" Spike asks as he tries to find out what this place is, just then the chair begins to glow red, Spike backs away in fear a little, the circle in the middle begins to have a red glow.

"What is.. This?" Spike asks in fear as he sees his body start to turn red too!
"No! no! Twilight!" Spike says as he tries to call for help, but his body only becomes more red and it begins to get sucked into the device!
"No!" Spike says trying to escape, but he only gets sucked in more. Spike screams in fear as his body is consumed completely, the device then powers down and the cave is leaved empty once again..

Teaser...

"Of my millions of calculations, there was one so remote and unlikely i did not consider it, however it could be the one to save us all" A female voice narrates as we see a female figure in front of a red moon with a dark red and purple sky.

Discover a new path.

"Do you know what happened to the chaos emeralds?" A voice asks as we see Spike and a pink haired figure looking over some strange wildlife as the red moon looms in the background, the pink figure then lets some cards fly away in the wind.
"I don't know where they are Amy, but they could be what we need." Spike's voice is heard as well.

Find you fortune

"Sonic and Spike both handled four islands in this mess! I'm not going down to just one!" A male voice says as we see him and Spike in a desert like area fighting off some strange machines, the strange moon is seen above them.
"I'm not about to let my friends down! Im with you Knuckles!" Spike's voice is heard as we see spike and the red figure continuing to fight them off.

Forge a new destiny

"Every time i interact with Cyberspace i'm getting more corrupted" Another voice says as we see an fox with two tails with Spike next to him, the fox then falls to a knee as he places his hand on a strange container of somekind.
"Tails!" Spike's voice yells in worry as we see Spike trying to help him up.

Uncover the ultimate truth

We then see Spike on a cliff alone with 7 emeralds flying around him.
"Twilight and my other friends have all had they're time to shine..." Spike's voice is heard as the emeralds give Spike power, Spike's body turns dark purple as his Green spine becomes red as well as his eyes and a golden aura appears around him, Golden wings form on his back as Spike looks at the one he's facing.
"Now it's my turn to shine!" Spike's voice declares as we cut to see what he's fighting, a large giant with several arms that is called Supreme and the moon is still seen behind the monster.

Prove your worth

Sonic is seen helping tails near the edge of a cliff with his friends behind.
"I know it's been rough, and things are confusing, but i need you to follow my lead" Sonic says as a large green eye appears behind them, it rises and reveals a large dragon who is presumably Spike and it growls in anger. it's eyes turn blue as a red and gold aura begin to surround it.

Rewrite your story

"No time to lose" Sonics voice is heard as they stare at a large moon as the sky is dark and they all look at it determined.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this starting chapter, i know it may seem similar to the Knuckles prologue video in a way, but it was just awesome and i didn't want it to be left out, this story will tie into the 3rd dlc for Sonic Frontiers, i won't however write more of the story after Chaos island until the dlc drops and i see the story for myself, also spoilers for Sonic Frontiers if you haven't played it yet , please leave a like and i hope you all look forward to what's next and see you next time!