• Published 15th Sep 2023
  • 1,332 Views, 114 Comments

Spike's Frontier - dragonfan101



Spike awakens on the Starfall Islands after being sucked into an ancient device, He meets Sonic the hedgehog and they go on an adventure to save Sonic's friends.

  • ...
2
 114
 1,332

16: Another Vision And Hacking A Robot

Spike and Sonic proceeded to make they're way to find Tails, they kept finding more Eggman tech across the island.

"It looks like he was setting this place up as a base." Spike said as they continued.
'If there's one thing i know he can do, it's build all these machines in such a sort time" Sonic said as they continued.

They had to do more puzzles to unlock more of the islands layout, they had to hit certain objects a large amount of times, they had to move these weird blocks on top of each other, and other stuff like that. They eventually came upon Tails who was examining a device on a platform.

"Tails! You doing okay?" Spike asked and he turned around and noticed them.

"What's that?" Sonic asked looking at the device with Spike wondering as well.

" I think it's an environmental analyzer, all of the Ancients technology is linked to Cyberspace, if i can get it back online, we may get some answers" Tails explained, Spike looked at the device curiously.
"How could we do that?" Spike asked, Tails shook his head wondering the same thing.

Just then the device started to activate!
"What the?!" Spike asked backing up, it shot a grid of somekind, and he realized something.. This was what's been causing those visions!

They were blinded by another flash, they found themselves in a vision, they found themselves in a ancient time when all this technology was active. There were dozens of cannons of somekind pointed to the sky ready to fire with Spike looking terrified in what they saw.
The cannons then fired into the sky trying to hit something, they're all trying they're best but it doesn't seem to do anything.
The sky then lights up in red, extremely large lasers start to fire down from the sky creating massive explosions, it destroyed almost everything there and they were all blinded by another light before they found themselves back in real time, Spike looked at the device horrified in what they saw.

"So.. that was a thing.." Sonic said a little nervous.
"Nothing in Equestria.. has been close to match that level of power..." Spike said horrified and Tails look concerned as well.
"Whatever assaulted the islands sure packs a punch! That thing was on par with Dark Gaia easy!" Tails said worried.
"I feel like we need to find the Emeralds pronto!" Sonic suggested and they all nodded.
"Yeah we'll rendezvous later" Tails said before running off, Spike looked at the device still shocked

"You okay buddy?" Sonic asked concerned.

"No.. nothing i've seen was close to that monstrosity, If we can't stop this thing, my home may be next" Spike said really worried.
"don't worry, we'll stop this thing, let's go catch up with Tails!" Sonic suggested. Spike nodded and they ran off, Spike looked back at the device one more time before regaining focus.

Spike and Sonic proceeded to run through the island some more, they kept seeing more Ancient technology and stuff that Spike had never seen, they eventually found Tails near a large robot.

"Tails. what is this thing?" Spike asked looking at the thing.
"I think it's an assault model death egg robot! it looks pretty entrenched." Tails explained as he was trying to hack into it.
'I'll take a look around, let me know if you find anything." tails told them, Sonic whistled in surprise.

" You don't see something like this everyday, these things are tough to take down, even for me. I wonder who took it down? Maybe that ghost voice?" Sonic suggested.
"The technology here seems more advanced then this robot, so i think it was the guardians that was strong enough for that." Spike suggested.
"Spike could be right, the Ancients seemed way more advanced then even Eggman was!" Tails said agreeing, he then noticed a panel.

"Guys look! I found a remote control panel, i think it's still online!" Tails said pointing at a device near the robot.
"Let's see what Eggman was trying to do with this thing, if it goes bad, you can turn it off" Sonic told him.
"Let me try." Spike suggested walking up to the thing.

"You sure? you've never used this kind of stuff before." Sonic asked concerned.
"After what i've been through in the last week or so, i think i can handle it." Spike said as he turned the thing on.

Spike was a little confused on the thing at first, but he eventually managed to get the hang of it, he mainly just had to play a hacking minigame where he fired at enemy robots, while he had to switch between black and white to take them out, it was pretty easy all things considered.
"Got it!" Spike said with a smile as he destroyed the last enemy.
"Great work Spike!" Tails told him and Spike gave him a high five, well as much as they could anyway.

The power activated to the robot for a brief moment, it's eye lit up and it fired a laser through the ground opening a path to an ancient cavern and they looked at that surprised, the robot then shut back down after it did so.

"Wow.. oops" Spike said a little embarrassed by that.
"don't worry, you opened a path! It's all good." Sonic assured him. They looked at the entrance surprised.

"Woo! that did the trick!" Sonic said with a smile.
"Yup, it revealed a subterranean pathway!" Tails explained, Spike was looking at the place a little concerned.
'Be careful though you two, whatever took out that super badnik might still be lurking around." Tails warned them
"I hear that, thanks buddy! I'll see you later" Sonic said before running down the place, Spike regained focus and followed him.

This place was huge! It was like an Ancient bunker for operating on stuff, mining materials and other resources, Spike looked concerned as this place looks familiar.
"You alright Spike?" Sonic asked as they continued.
"This place.. looks a little like the cave i found back home, could the Ancients have escaped and survived?" Spike questioned.
"I don't know, i just hope we find our answers soon." Sonic said hopefully

They proceeded to make they're way through the caverns, it was a large place that had plenty of bots to take down, but they had been skilled enough to take them on, they ran through looking at more and more ancient structures and ruins, but eventually it ended and they found they're way back on the surface, they looked around and they saw it led to the next emerald.

"Wow! Talk about a way to travel huh?" Sonic asked as they walked up to it.
"Yeah, i wonder how everything else here works.." Spike wondered, They used their vault keys and it opened like before and the emerald came into their hands.
"2 down, 5 to go." Spike said as he put it away.
"Yeah, i hope we get the rest soon, let's go look for Tails again, he might have found something." Sonic suggested.

"Bet you 50 rings he's found some more Koco we have to help." Spike offered, rings were apparently the currency of this world, so it wouldn't hurt to earn some.
"Your on! let's go!" Sonic said running ahead with Spike following behind.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this new chapter! The DLC releases later today so i might be absent tomorrow so i hope you don't mind, thank you all for reading this story and i hope you like what you've seen so far! Please leave a like and I'll see you all next time!