• Published 15th Sep 2023
  • 1,333 Views, 114 Comments

Spike's Frontier - dragonfan101



Spike awakens on the Starfall Islands after being sucked into an ancient device, He meets Sonic the hedgehog and they go on an adventure to save Sonic's friends.

  • ...
2
 114
 1,333

1: A New Place And A New Friend

Spike fell through a portal that led into a sort of digital realm, Spike groaned in pain as he got up, he looked around both terrified and in awe of what he was seeing.

"What is this place?" Spike asked as he looked around. The place looked like the Dragon Lands, but it was in a more digitized state, it looked new yet so familiar.
"I gotta find a way out of here." Spike said as he started to run around.

He made his way around the place, things looked real yet fake at the same time, the sky had strange particles moving around, any creature he came across looked real but were digital.
"Is this some sort of separate realm?" Spike asked as he continued to run. Spike ran by what looked by the Dragon Lords throne but no one was there, Spike saw something at the top and ran up to it, he saw what looked like a portal.
"That must be the way out!" Spike said as he started running to it, the ground suddenly started to shift, the portal got even farther ahead as Spike continued running.

"How in the world?" Spike asked as he kept running, he had to jump over platforms that looked like rocks, he jumped over them to avoid falling into a abyss, Spike then landed on a sort of booster of somekind and he went running super fast across a few loops.
"Whoa!" Spike shouted as he kept running upside down, he soon came upon the portal finally and ran through it just as it was about to close.


Spike was seen laying on the ground unconscious in a rainy grassy field of some sorts with red particles disappearing from another similar chair, the device light's up again and another figure appears next to Spike unconscious as well.

The blue figure and Spike then open their eyes and groan.
"What happened?" Spike asks as he gets up, he sees the strange blue figure get up as well and backs away in fear.
"What are you?" Spike asks scarred, the figure then notices him as well as he gets up and he tries to calm him down.
"Whoa whoa! don't worry, i'm not gonna hurt you!" He said raising his hands up trying not to scare him, Spike was still scarred though as he looked around.

"What is this place?" Spike asked as he looked around, he then saw a similar device from the cave.
"Another one?" Spike asked as he walked up to it.
"You've seen another one of these?" He asked , Spike nodded before he looks at him, they stood like that for a moment before the figure decided to speak.

"I don't think i've properly introduced myself, I'm Sonic, what's your name?" Sonic asked curious, Spike was hesitant but decided he should talk as well.
" S Spike.." He said still nervous, Sonic noticed it and tried to calm him down.
"I'm not gonna hurt you okay? I'm not like that." Sonic told him, Spike looked at him in his eyes and he saw he didn't look like someone who would hurt him, he then took some more breaths and finally calmed down.

"How did you end up here?" Spike asked wanting to know a bit more about him.
"Me and my friends Tails and Amy, were coming to these islands in order to find something important to us." Sonic told him and Spike raised his eye.
"What was it?" Spike asked curious.
"The Chaos Emeralds, 7 special gems that contain immense power, we tracked them here and came to see what drew them here." Sonic explained, Spike's eyes went wide as he remembered the drawings on the walls with 7 colored gems.
"So that's some of what those cave drawings meant..." Spike said as he remembered what he saw.

"Cave drawings?" Sonic asked curious. right, Spike hadn't explained his story yet he then looked at him.
"Right haven't told you my story, I'm from a place called Equestria, during a walk i stumbled upon an ancient cave that looked extremely advanced, i found some cave drawings with figures surrounding 7 gems and a large green gem in the middle." Spike explained and Sonic's eyes widened.

"Those might have been the Chaos emeralds, and the Master Emerald." Sonic suggested as he's dealt with them before.
"Master emerald?" Spike asked and Sonic sighed.
"A incredible source of power, we never really knew why these existed as they're origin was unknown, I think what you saw may tie into they're origin" Sonic said as he recalled what's known about them. Sonic then regained focus and asked.

"How did you get here, me and my friends got sucked into a portal before we landed, i got separated from them, i ended up in a digital world that looked like a familiar place, i had no time to lose though and found my way out" Sonic explained his side of things, Spike looked surprised knowing he went through a similar thing like he did.

"I found a strange device that looked just like that one over there, I used what looked like an advanced gear to hopefully try to escape, but i got sucked into it and ended up in another realm as well." Spike told him, they then thought it over.

"If we both ended up in that place, it must have a much bigger meaning then we think." Sonic suggested
"Yeah, but the real question is what was that place and who made it?" Spike asked as well.
"I don't know, but i think we may find out more if we start looking for answers here." Sonic told him.
" I think we should do that, is it alright if i come with you? We both seem to have the same goal." Spike asked, Sonic nodded with a smile.

"Of course, but the first thing we should do is try to find my friends, i'm really worried about them." Sonic told him as he was worried for his friends.
"Yeah i'll help you, friendship is important." Spike said as he knew that personally, Sonic offered his hand and Spike took it and they shook.
"Nice to meet you Spike." Sonic said with a smile.
"Nice to meet you too Sonic." Spike said happy as well, they both were about to go but they then heard a voice.

"Mortals" The voice spoke.

"Huh?" Sonic said surprised as well as Spike.
"Who's there?" Spike asked looking around.

"You two have done the impossible, you have escaped Cyberspace through your own power, you two are the key" The voice said as Sonic and Spike looked up in the sky.
"Cyberspace?" Spike asked wondering if that was the place was.
"Key huh? Sure beats being called a rodent, are you saying we can rescue my friends?" Sonic asked with Spike looking around still unsure.
"Find the Chaos Emeralds, destroy the Titans ,tear down the walls between dimensions." The voice told them.

"Titans?" Spike asked curious, he then looked back at the device and remembered something important he saw in the cave.

"Those 4 large figures facing that strange object" Spike thought scarred as he knows what they may have to deal with now.
"Yeah okay how about a little context? Hello?" Sonic asked but they heard nothing, another figure was above them watching them.
"Sonic, i'm not sure this is a good idea.." Spike said a little scarred in wanting to go.
"It looks like we have no choice, don't worry ,I'll keep you safe, once we get my friends i'll help you find a way home, i promise." Sonic said coming up to him.

"You sure?" Spike asked, Sonic nodded with a smile and Spike sighed as he had no choice.

"Well your right, we do have no choice, we should do what we were told then." Spike said as he went next to him.
"As much as i'm hesitant to do this as well, we still have something, some direction is better then none." Sonic told him moving his legs getting ready to run.
"Your right, let's get going" Spike said as they both ran off to find out what's going on.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this new chapter! I wanted Sonic and Spike to have a little introduction to eachother before they teamed up, Spike and Sonic will still learn to work together. I'll give spike more moves and powers over the story as he still can't fight so it doesn't look like he is just capable in a fight out of nowhere. Hope you look forward to more and i'll see you next time!