• Published 15th Sep 2023
  • 1,333 Views, 114 Comments

Spike's Frontier - dragonfan101



Spike awakens on the Starfall Islands after being sucked into an ancient device, He meets Sonic the hedgehog and they go on an adventure to save Sonic's friends.

  • ...
2
 114
 1,333

9: Another Titan Encounter

Spike and Sonic proceeded to run through more of the area. This island wasn't like the last as this was way more open and had more space, Spike and Sonic had to destroy a few more guardians and now with the new Cyber powers, Spike's strength increased considerably he can take down most enemies without much trouble. he developed a new move called the flaming tornado , where he would create a flaming tornado after entering a cyclone kick like sonic did with his new power.

"Wow.. this energy is something else" Spike said as he looked at his body.
"Yeah, i just hope it doesn't become to much of a problem for us" Sonic said as they walked up to another portal.
"As long as we don't overuse it i think we'll be okay. You ready?" Spike asked. Sonic nodded and inserted another gear into the portal and they entered it.

This time Spike and Sonic ended up in a place Sonic wasn't familiar with.
"Huh? This is new." Sonic said as they looked around the place, the place was a digital village that had old homes and horse residents, Spike's eyes widened as he realized where they were.

"This is my home! Ponyville!" Spike said as he looked around.
"Ponyville? I thought you were raise by dragons?" Sonic asked confused.
"Right.. i never told you.. i wasn't hatched by my real parents, i was hatched by a Unicorn named Twilight Sparkle, she raised me like a mother and i always loved the time i spent with her, but i'm worried i might not make it back now." Spike said as he looked down sadly.
"I'm really sorry buddy, like i said before I'll help you get home, i may even help you find your birth parents, Tails is a genius and i'm sure he'll be able to help" Sonic told him.
"Thank you Sonic, really. I think for now we should get going." Spike said as he started to run ahead, Sonic nodded and they made they're way.

Spike and Sonic made they're way all around the area, Spike remembered the old places he always went to, they ran by Applejacks farm, Fluttershy's home, and all his other friends homes.
"Wow, this place feels like something from a fantasy" Sonic said as he remembered adventures where he went through fantasy like worlds.
"Yeah tell me about it, i see a portal up ahead let's go!" Spike said as they ran to the portal nearing the entrance to Twilight's castle, they ran through it and exited out of the place.

Spike and Sonic appeared back in Ares, and 4 more vault keys landed in they're hands, they saw a blue and red beam shoot into the sky meaning they unlocked two vaults. Spike sighed sadly as he put them away.
"Don't worry buddy, I'll get you back, the blue emeralds the closest lets go" Sonic said as he jumped off a ledge with Spike following.

They were able to reach the vault and like before the keys opened it and the emerald flew into Spike's hand.
1 down 6 to go." Spike said a little tired because they did this already.
"And if my guess is right, the last one will be with the titan like before" Sonic said a little annoyed.
"Let's focus on building ourselves up before we face it, come on" Spike said as he started walking ahead. The sun had set and it was night time once again, Spike and Sonic entered the main area again and looked around.

"I think i saw a way forward through an entrance to the west" Spike said pointing in the west direction.
"I did to, let's find knuckles first and then we can" Sonic was interrupted as they're area glitched out again.
Spike and Sonic went wide eyed as they remembered it.
"Oh no.." Spike said with fear.

Another titan appeared into the sky, it flew around and they looked at it with shock.
"And i thought the last one was big.." Spike said as he watched it flying around it hadn't noticed it and it flew in the opposite direction.
"At least it didn't notice us" Sonic said with relief, just then Sage appeared right besides them.
"You again?!" Spike asked angry.

"While i cannot fully control it, i can awaken its rage against you" Sage said looking at Sonic as he was her primary target, she waved her hand and an energy entered the Titan, it roared in fury and started charging at Sonic.
"You were saying?!" Spike asked annoyed.
"I better find someplace safe" Sonic said as he started to run and Spike was about to run to but had noticed it wasn't aiming for him and chased after Sonic. Spike was a little worried for him but he knows he'll pull through

"How come it's not me its after?" Spike asked, just then Sage appeared beside him and Spike jumped.
"Will you stop doing that?" Spike asked annoyed.
"I have only awakened its rage against the hedgehog, you have not been listed as an enemy because we don't know anything about you" Sage explained and Spike sighed in annoyance.

She then noticed Spike's wings on his back.
"Your body structure has changed a little." She said looking at his wings and Spike noticed it as well.
"Oh these? they grew after me and Sonic's battle with the last Titan" Spike explained and she looked interested.

"So you used the power of the Chaos Emeralds?" She asked and Spike nodded.

"Yeah, maybe they were the reason why i grew them, i thought the ones i used to fight the thing was temporary, but they became apart of me for real after we landed here" Spike said recalling the events without wanting to give away to much.
"Growth exceloration, that might have been the explanation, the emeralds are capable of many things, so that could be why
you grew them" Sage suggested.
"Yeah, it's possible that's why" Spike agreed but was still not fully on board with talking with her.

"You are an interesting creature, i have not found a match of any Mobians with your body structure and DNA, tell me what kind of creature are you?" She asked and Spike shook his head.

"Is it not obvious? I'm a dragon, i got teleported here from my home after finding one of those Cyber portals as they're called." Spike explained a little annoyed she didn't know and she looked a little surprised.
"I was told dragons were a myth, how is it possible you are here?" She asked confused.
"We'll given from what i've been told i can only assume i was teleported to a different dimension, because all the events Sonic's told me he's been through that were worldwide never affected my home" Spike suggested.

"Interesting, so they could have survived after all..." She said and Spike looked confused.
"They? Are you talking about the koco? Or the strange water like creatures i saw in my visions?" Spike asked. but sage didn't answer and shook her head.
"It doesn't matter dragon, leave before you lose your chance" She said before teleporting away and Spike was a little annoyed.
"Well at least i could talk a little with her, what's her deal? I don't really get any evil feelings from her.." Spike asked as he flew up into the air and tried to find Sonic.

Spike flew low to the ground not wanting that monster to harm him, he saw Sonic and the figure right below him.
"Final warning leave." She told him before teleporting away.
"That was a warning?" Sonic asked annoyed.
"Sonic!" Spike said with worry as he landed on the ground.
"Are you okay?!" Spike asked a little scarred.

"Yeah i'm fine kid, but what about you? How come it didn't attack you?" Sonic asked confused.
"I'm fine, she said i wasn't listed as a target so it didn't chase after me" Spike explained recalling what he was told.
"well lucky you" Sonic said a little jealous." Why don't we find knuckles and get going? I want to take care of things as soon as possible." Sonic said ready to go.
"Yeah your right. let's get going" Spike said as he and Sonic started running off to find Knuckles and Spike was confused in what she said.
"Why am i not a target? who was she preferring to? and what is she trying to stop us from doing?" Spike thought to himself as they continued.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this new chapter! i know some might be confused on why Spike isn't a target but remember, Eggman doesn't know him and doesn't know who or what he is, so it's likely he wanted to get some information about him. other then that, i hope you liked this chapter! Please be sure to like this story and I'll see you all next time!