• Published 15th Sep 2023
  • 1,331 Views, 114 Comments

Spike's Frontier - dragonfan101



Spike awakens on the Starfall Islands after being sucked into an ancient device, He meets Sonic the hedgehog and they go on an adventure to save Sonic's friends.

  • ...
2
 114
 1,331

4: Encounter With A Titan

Spike and Sonic continued to move forward with exploring the island, with Spike's new move Flameloop, he was able to help Sonic out in combat and he saw them drop some more pieces of energy, which felt like they were something important.

"What are these things that keep flying into us?" sonic asked as they kept flying into them.
"These might be able to help us unlock more skills," Spike said as he tried to manifest some fire into his hand but it wasn't enough.
"You may be right, I see the chaos emerald a little bit ahead let's get going." Sonic said as he pointed to a red light near a river, Spike nodded in agreement and they headed to it.

With the vault keys they had they were able to unlock it and the chaos emerald landed in Spike's hand.
"I can feel so much power coming from this one emerald." Spike said lookin at it in awe.
"Yeah, it's important we get these, we can't let them fall into the wrong hands." Sonic said looking at him.

"I think i saw a few more Cyberspace portals, one was near the waterfall, we should check it out." Spike said as he putted the emerald away and pointed to the waterfall.
"Your right, let's grab some more gears first, then we'll see if Amy needs anything." Sonic said as they started to walk off.
"Good idea, let's get going." Spike agreed as he and Sonic started to run.

it was nighttime by now, and after they headed towards the waterfall and cleared the Cyberspace challenge unlocking another vault, they felt the area around them.. glitch?
"What was that?" Spike asked a little concerned.
Before Sonic could answer, a large creature suddenly teleported in front of them!

"Whoa!" Spike shouted with fear and stopped running, it's leg nearly crushed them and Sonic Grabbed Spike and he jumped out of the way and put Spike on the ground keeping him close,

" What is that?!" Spike asked really scarred of what he was seeing, Sonic put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.
"It's alright, i'll be here." Sonic said putting him behind him for protection.
"I think that's one of the Titans keeping Amy trapped" Sonic said as they look at it.
"How are we supposed to fight that?" Spike asked scarred backing up as it was one of the biggest things he's seen.

Before Sonic answered, a red figure with white hair and red eyes teleported in front of them.
"Whoa!" They both said backing up.
"You two, leave immediately!" She told them.
"Who are you?" Spike asked walking up to her.

"Are you trapped too?" Sonic asked confused.
"Do not approach the titan" She ordered. Spike was ready to do so but Sonic on the other hand...
"Sorry kid but we've got a job to do!" Sonic said before he started running to it.
"Sonic! are you crazy?!" Spike asked as there was no way he could beat that right now.
"I've dealt with these things before, just stay back!" Sonic said with before running at it. The figure then looked at Spike

"You are not engaging with it?" She asked confused on why he wasn't going.
"Are you kidding? unlike him i tend to know what fight i can win and won't win." Spike said still looking at the Titan in fear.
"Wise decision, that will spare your life for doing so." She said before looking back at the monster.

"If we are fortunate, it will destroy your friend." She said before she raised her hand to the Titan, and an energy came to it
"Fortunate?!" Spike asked with worry as the Titan began moving again, it raised its legs and stomped on the ground creating an earthquake, and rocks started to fly into into the air, and Sonic began to fly into it as well.

Sonic began to jump from rock to rock to reach the monster, he homing attacked on its head multiple times but it didn't do any damage at all, he kept trying in trying but couldn't .
"Sonic stop! We're not strong enough!" Spike said trying to make him stop.

Sonic backed up into the air to see the damage, but was surprised when the Titan grabbed Sonic harshly, it squeezed him very hard and it then threw him towards some ancient structures and sent him through a few columns, and he hit a wall hard, he then fell on a metal platform trying to get up.
"Sonic!!" Spike shouted worried for his friend.
"Pitiful, leave while you still have the chance creature." She told him, and Spike looked at her with anger.
"As much as i want to, i can't, i'm stuck here because of those stupid portals!" Spike shouted, and she looked confused.

"Are you talking about the Cyber portals? its impossible. There is no other left besides here." She told him.
"Well not where i'm from, and i can't get back home, so i have no choice but to stay, hint of advice, don't attack those who may just be trying to leave, i have no choice to get these emeralds, because that's the only way i can!" Spike said before he ran off with fast speeds to his friend, She was left confused.
"Could they have escaped to somewhere we don't know? And what exactly is he?" She asked with interest before she turned around and teleported off with the Titan.

Spike soon caught up with Sonic and ran up to him.
"Sonic are you okay?!" Spike asked worried as he was starting to get up.
"Yeah.. you were right, that thing was way stronger then i thought." Sonic said as he got up and looked at him feeling bad.

"What were you thinking?! You may be used to these things but i'm not! I've never seen creatures like these! What if you got killed and what if i was left to do this alone?! How would your friends feel if a reckless decision like that got you killed?!" Spike asked really upset that he ran off with that, and Sonic looked down sadly.

"I'm sorry kid, i just... never properly thought it through, i thought it would be able to be taken down the traditional way, but it looks like we'll need more power." Sonic said while looking at him, Spike calmed down and he looked at him with worry.
"Just try not to make something reckless like that again okay?" Spike asked with worry, Sonic nodded his head.
"Don't worry kid lesson learned." Sonic said as he rubbed his head and Spike smiled knowing he understands it.

"Alright then, looks like we can't take down that thing the easy way, we're gonna need the Chaos Emeralds, and maybe a bit of luck." Sonic said as he looked at the yellow and white sky beams.
"I think we should see if Amy is okay first, i think she's nearby." Spike said as he looked at the tower.
"Your right, let's go!" Sonic said before they started running off, the figure from before was looking down at them, specifically at Spike.
"What did you mean by no choice? and how could there be more Cyber portals?" She asked with some surprising concern as she didn't predict him coming here.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this chapter! I know some may not like Spike not engaging the titan with Sonic but please remember, Spike's never dealt with a situation like this without his friends beside him before, so it makes sense. But i still hope you liked this and are looking forward to more! See you next time