• Published 15th Sep 2023
  • 1,333 Views, 114 Comments

Spike's Frontier - dragonfan101



Spike awakens on the Starfall Islands after being sucked into an ancient device, He meets Sonic the hedgehog and they go on an adventure to save Sonic's friends.

  • ...
2
 114
 1,333

6: A Strange Vision And A Conversation

Spike and Sonic were with Amy as she was talking to the Koco, they were waiting for her to tell them what's wrong and Spike looked down a little worried.

"Is everything alright Spike?" Sonic asked curious.
"I'm just really worried about my friends, i've been gone for 3 days up to this point, they may be freaking out about where i could be.." Spike said scarred of what could be happening , Sonic put a hand on his shoulder.
"Don't worry buddy, I'll get you home once this is over." Sonic assured him, Spike felt a little relieved as he was told that, but he was still a little unsure.
"Thanks..." Spike said but he was still worried for them.

They then heard a familiar sound and turned to see the figure from before.

"You again?!" Sonic asked a little frustrated
"What do you want now?!" Spike asked angry.

"Submit, your reckless actions will endanger the world" She told them, and Spike was a little frustrated.
"Haven't you listened to what i said, we have no choice!" Spike said getting a little angry.
"Care to explain how saving my friends is a bad thing?" Sonic asked trying to get an answer.
"You are an enemy combatant hedgehog, i will not share any information with you." she said refusing to tell him, Spike stepped up.

"Well what about me? I'm not labeled as one am i? What is so important about us not doing this? Is there some big threat that will break lose if we do or something?" Spike asked and she flinched as he suggested that because deep down there was something she was trying to keep at bay, Amy then stepped up.
"What is wrong with you?!" Sonic and Spike would never endanger anyone, i may have only known Spike for a couple days, but i can tell for sure he wouldn't bring harm to anyone! they are going to help reunite this Koco with its one true love" she said trying to defend them, the figure had a bit of a confused look.

"Love, an emotional status to vague and varied in its definition." She said trying to know what it was.
"You seriously don't know what love is?!" Spike asked upset she doesn't know even what that is. She simply shook it off, you two hedgehogs are both to ignorant to be helped, I'm not sure about you though" She said looking at Spike, she then flew off into the air and teleported away.

"Weird kid.." Spike said a little confused by what she is.
"What was that girl?" Amy asked not knowing who she i.
"Aside from being a pain, no clue.." Sonic said and they all shrugged at that.

"We should get the emerald that's on the prism, we'll be right back Amy" Spike said as he was looking at the floating prism near them.
"He's right, we'll catch up with you later, be careful!" Sonic said as they ran off, Amy looked back at where the girl was.
"How could she not know love?" Amy asked concerned for it.

Spike and Sonic proceeded to make they're way to the floating prism, but before they could climb it they encountered another tower enemy.
"Looks like that things blocking our path, we know what to do." Sonic said as they continued and they engaged with it.

Sonic proceeded to homing attack on its bottom pieces taking it down piece by piece, Spike formed two flaming disks in his hands again and proceeded to throw them at the top of the creature doing massive damage, Sonic then took it down to the bottom and they both jumped high in the air and delivered a strong stomp on its head and it was destroyed, after that a spring then materialized creating they're way upwards.

"Wow, just a couple new tricks and you can already do well in fighting." Sonic said as they walked up to each other.
"I may know some moves now, but i'm not fully capable in a fight yet." Spike said still recovering from the fight.
"Well don't worry, i have a friend named Knuckles, i'm sure he'd be glad to teach you a few lessons in combat." Sonic offered.
"That will only be if he's okay with it, for now let's just focus on getting the next emerald" Spike said walking to the spring.
"Brace yourself kid this is gonna get crazy" Sonic said as they then proceeded to fly off it high in the air.

Spike and Sonic proceed to climb up floating structures, they took grind rails and multiple springs upwards, they had to carefully climb on some walls in order to get higher, Spike looked down and saw how high they were.
"Oh boy! Keep your focus Spike!" he told himself trying not to fall as they continued, They were halfway up there now and they then took care of more robots in the path. They then had to fly through some more rings and were nearing the top.
"How can one handle these kinds of obstacles?" Spike asked as they finally reached the top, Spike was taking some heavy breathes.
"That was crazy..."Spike said a little surprised.
"You alright Spike?" Sonic asked concerned, Spike gave a thumbs up." Yeah just catching my breath." Spike said taking some more as they walked up to it.

"This is the 6th one right now right?" Spike asked as they have the red, blue, green, and yellow and light blue ones. They got the light blue one after helping Amy and a Koco cut off a large field of grass and were able to do it easily with their cyclops

"Yep. 1 more after this." Sonic said as he used the Vault keys, the vault opened once again and the emerald landed in Spike's hand.
"1 more to go then, let's check on Amy and see what she is doing?" Spike suggested, Sonic nodded in agreement and they headed back to her.

Spike and Sonic head back to Amy to see if she's alright.
"Hey guys how'd everything go?" She asked a little concerned.
"It was my first large climb up an ancient structure like that, but good news we got 6 of the emeralds now thanks to helping the Koco out" Spike said as he counted up each one.
"1 more then great job you two!" Amy told them.
"Nothing to it," Sonic chuckled, " So how's are friend doing?" Sonic asked pointing at the Koco.

But before she could answer the sky above them began to glitch in a red barrier.
"What is that?!" Spike asked scarred and they got close to him as a large light blinded them, when they open they're eyes everything seems off like its a vision, they see Amy is in her physical form again.
"Amy? are you alright?" Spike asked concerned.
"I'm fine, but what is going on?" Amy asked.

They then see explosions and gasp when they see the Koco from before now in the form of a strange water creature, and Spike's eyes widened.
"Could that be?" Spike asked himself as he remembered the figures on the walls looked exactly like what he is seeing now, Amy was trying to stop it from going into the explosions.

"Don't it's to dangerous!" Amy said with worry trying not to make it go further, Sonic was holding her back trying not to get her hurt.

The creature was trying to reach out to someone, to they're surprise they find another one that looks exactly like him, the two make their way to each other trying to avoid the destruction, they embraced each other as another explosion formed around them, they all covered they're eyes as the explosion got closer to them.

The vision then fades away and they look around to see what's happened, they see the barrier in the sky has faded away and they are left confused, but they see the Koco from before and they rush to it, to they're sadness they see its dead as well but now the one they saw in the vision was with it. Spike has a few tears in his eyes knowing what happened.

"They were reunited, right before the end." Amy said sadly.
"At least they found eachother..." Spike said sadly as well.

"You doing alright?" Sonic asked worried for her.
"Yeah.. i'm just thinking about a lot" Amy told them.
"It's alright we're here for you." Spike said trying to put a hand on her shoulder but it phased through it much to his sadness. Amy only sighed.

"I'm not sure what happened, but i know what i saw, a love that transcended time, i believe in that power" She explained to them, and Spike sighed as he knows the feeling all to well.
"I know the feeling" Spike told them and Amy looked at him.
"you ever fell in love with someone?" Amy asked sadly, Spike nodded at that

"There was, i was in love with her for a long time, i had many attempts, but i was to afraid to do it, and now with this i feel like i could never get the chance. With the role she has to fulfill along with my friends, i feel like i can't live up to it now" Spike said with a few tears, Sonic kneeled down at him sadly.
"I'm really sorry buddy, i wish i could have helped." Sonic said feeling bad for him, and Spike only sighed at it.

"I know i may not have a chance like it for a while, but i've come to accept just being friends, i may find my real love one day, and when that does, I'll do what i can to fight for them." Spike told them determined.

"I'm glad that's something your willing to do Spike, and when this is over i want to share that love with the world, even though.. it may take us far apart" Amy told them trying to feel the grass.
"Don't worry, i'll be there to help you with it Amy, even if i may not see my friends for a while, at least i'll have one to remind me of them." Spike told her and she smiled at that.

"I'll be glad to share that experience with a new friend like you." Amy told him with a smile, Sonic kneeled down at them.
"I know you two will be great, i want to hear all about it when you two get back" Sonic told them and they smiled at that.
"I'm glad to have met you guys." Spike said happily and Amy nodded in agreement.

They all got up and walked around to see where they can go next, eventually they were near the waterfall.

She then felt something and turned around and looked near the blue pillars near the waterfall, they saw pillars of light were pointing to each other.
"Is everything alright Amy?" Spike asked curious.
"Look! i think this area was locked off before? I think you can interact with it now. i think you can rotate them" She told them looking at the pillars.

"Your right, maybe they're like the other puzzles we've done and show us that way to that titan!" Sonic suggested
"Great rotating puzzles my favorite..." Spike said annoyed as he wasn't a fan of those.
"It's worth a shot!" Amy told them wanting to try it out. Sonic then looked around
"Alright what's the right way to do this? There looks to be a pattern on the ground." Sonic said as they looked at some pathed paths looking to make a symbol of sorts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrWHMfCh9T8
( Grave mystery puzzle, just to show you how it works)

Spike and Sonic spent a couple hours trying to do it, they restarted over multiple times because they were in the wrong place, eventually though they found the right places and the pillars of light shone through eachother.

"Finally! That took way longer then it should have been." Spike said relieved and Sonic sighed in relief.
"I can see why you don't like these kinds of puzzles" Sonic said agreeing.

The ground began to shake, and they saw a pillar atop the waterfall had risen, it then created a path between the waterfall and opened a way to get up there.
"Whoa..." Spike said amazed.

"You did it you two, I can sense the Titan up ahead, this is it the big showdown!" Amy told them with a smile.
"It'll be a short match if we can't find the last Chaos Emerald though" Sonic said a little worried.
"We've searched everywhere but we can't find it" Amy said worried
"Maybe it could be with the last Titan." Spike suggested.

"If that's true, we'll have to find a way to take it, stick close to me Spike" Sonic told him, Spike nodded at that
"Be careful Spike, it's gonna be dangerous" Amy told him worried for his safety.
"After what i've been through the last couple days, i'm sure i can handle it" Spike assured her as they started walking away.
"Keep him safe Sonic" Amy told him worried for her friend as they walked off.

Spike and Sonic were nearing the waterfall and Spike decided to speak up.
"You know if we get the last emerald, this will be my first time using their powers all together" Spike told him and Sonic nodded.

"Yeah, this means you'll get your own super form too, i wonder what that will be like.." Sonic said wondering what he'll look like.
"Super form?" Spike asked curious

"Yeah it's what we call ourselves when we use the emeralds, I'm called Super Sonic when i use them, my other friends have used them as well, so that will probably make you a Super Spike when that happens." Sonic explained to him,
"Well we're about to find out hopefully" Spike said as they were nearing the path, and Spike was thinking for a moment

Spike then got an idea.
"Hey when we fight that thing you wanna sing a song or something to make it feel more epic?" Spike asked and Sonic chuckled
"Absolutely! Music is always better when i go through a fight, lets do it!" Sonic said with a thumbs up totally agreeing.
"We'll then let's get going!" Spike said as they started running to the path and Sonic followed. Spike was still in his thoughts

"First time with a super form, and i wonder how it will be, well we're about to find out" Spike thought as they continued further.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this new chapter! Sorry if it feels a little fast paste but i wanted to put a lot into this one, so i hope you can forgive me. Next chapter is the fight with Giganto! And Spike is gonna go super for the first time! Hope you all look forward to it!