• Published 15th Sep 2023
  • 1,331 Views, 114 Comments

Spike's Frontier - dragonfan101



Spike awakens on the Starfall Islands after being sucked into an ancient device, He meets Sonic the hedgehog and they go on an adventure to save Sonic's friends.

  • ...
2
 114
 1,331

24: The 4 Trial Towers

We cut to Sonic and the real Spike looking at a view of another tall tower with Sage explaining what they need to do.

" You two need to ascend the four towers of the masters, they are memorials to the pilots who gave their lives to save the world" Sage explained while they looked really interested.
" Pilots? They were the ones we saw in our visions right? The ones controlling the titans?" Sonic asked.
"It honestly makes sense if you think about it, they can't just be remote controlled without someone commanding them" Spike said interested.

"Yes, the very Titans you two destroyed.. while singing none the less" She told them and they shook their heads.
"Hey we agreed to letting us do our job in destroying them in order to stop this threat, so don't insult us right now" Spike said a little annoyed.
"He's right, we asked you to explain things from the beginning remember?" Sonic asked.

"That is irrelevant now, hidden across the islands are components needed to construct keys to each tower. Find them, ascend the towers ,complete their trials, and you both will gain control over the cyber corruption" She explained and they nodded in understanding.
"Got it, sounds like a plan" Spike said with a smile.
" pieces make keys, keys unlock towers, towers make us more awesome. Got it! We'll be back in a flash!" Sonic put things simply before running off.

"Don't worry Sage, we'll get through this" Spike said hopefully, Sage then looked down sadly
"I.. am sorry for knowing what happened to your mother.. if we had been on better terms much sooner, i could have found a way to free her and you two can meet eachother" She said regretfully, Spike looked down sadly as well.
"It's okay.. but what matters is that we know what needs to be done now, you just keep track of things, thank you for this." Spike said with a smile, Sage smiled back turning blue multiple times.

'Your welcome Spike.. just be careful" Sage told him.
"Don't worry, we'll be fine, see you soon!" Spike said before running off leaving Sage alone again.
'It.. it still doesn't feel right with you never meeting your mother.. i'll find a way..." Sage said before teleporting to Cyberspace to hopefully find something.

Spike and Sonic stood next to eachother looking at the large tower, they had found more components and it unlocked them, Spike and Sonic were getting ready.
"You ready for this Sonic?" Spike asked.
"Let's do it" Sonic said before running to the thing with Spike following behind.

"Don't worry, we've got this" Amy said confidently.
"You can count on us!" tails said confidently.
"Leave the emerald hunting to the pros!" Knuckles said as they all went around.

Spike and Sonic arrived at the foot of the tower and jumped on a spring, they proceeded to grind rail up their way a bit before flying through a couple rings and bouncing off some balloons, they then had to carefully move around some tight platforms that they had to be extremely careful on.
"Why can't you just fly us up there?" Sonic asked.
"I think that would be cheating, but if we happen to fall, i'll bring us back up to where we were okay?" Spike asked and Sonic nodded as they continued.

They continued to make their way upwards through more grind rails and springs, having to grab onto levers that pulled them upwards some more, they continued to go on like this for a while.
"Man, these are way tougher then the ones back on the last island" Spike said as they made they're way up.
"Even though we only climbed up two while you just flew us to the rest, i can agree that this is tougher then both of them." Sonic said agreeing.
"Hey, you were on the verge of corruption, it was to try to save you." Spike argued.
"It's alright, i appreciate what you did, let's just hope we can get through these on time" Sonic said hopefully with Spike nodding in agreement.

They proceeded to find they're way upwards even more, barely avoiding a large fall, they eventually came upon another Koco with a crown and a blue ribbon of sorts. The area flashes around them for a minute before they saw their was another Ancient in front of them.

"This must be one of the pilots" Spike said amazed as they were meeting an actual ancient.
"I loved my people, more then my life, more then anything. i happily gave everything to protect our new home" The ancient told them, you two gutted my Titan, turned off the six seals. you will answer for your ruinous intentions now!" She said upset before things faded to black.

Sonic and Spike found themselves in a large arena of sorts, the Koco was above them watching on as multiple enemy's were in front of them.
"This must be one of the trials" Spike said looking at the thing.
"Let's not waste time, let's do this" Sonic said ready to fight with Spike nodding and ready as well.

"Ready, set, go!" The koco said as the enemy's charged at them.

They were a lot tougher then the ones previously faced, that was mainly because their strength was set to 1 and they had to strategize on how to win. Spike parried multiple enemy's and through a spear through them destroying multiple, before he summoned more sharp disks and cut through more, Sonic kept on cylooping them into the air and Sonic finished them off.

Eventually all the enemy's were done and they had passed the trial.
"Trial cleared!" The koco said impressed.

They found themselves back on the top of the tower with the Ancient from before.
" I see now, you two went to extreme lengths to protect the ones you love, you fought against your cyber corruptions for their sakes. I can respect that, take my blessing and use it to defend all that you love" She told them and they nodded.
"We're always out to protect the ones we care for, no matter what happens, i'll happily fight for their lives" Spike said with a smile.

"A warrior who has grown exceptionally to defend the ones he cares about, i recognize what you are, your mother would have been proud of you." She said before they found themselves back in the normal world, with spike looking down a little.
"I know she would.." Spike said sadly, Sonic put a hand on his shoulder.
"Don't worry Spike, when this is over you'll see her again." Sonic told him.
"Your right, we should hurry things up, let's go!" Spike told him with Sonic nodding as they left.

Another tower had activated far off in the distance and they were heading to it.
"Don't worry about us, get going!" Amy said happily.
I won't let you down partners!" Tails told them.
" What are you two waiting around for? Afraid to go off without my protection? Heh!" Knuckles laughed.
"we're glad to have you guys, just keep moving, we're almost at it." Spike said as they got closer to it.

Spike had flown them to the smaller island where the next tower was, they then landed near the bottom looking at the large tower.
"hopefully this won't be as tough as the last" Sonic said and Spike shook his head.
"These are all meant to be tough, so we shouldn't expect things to be easy." Spike explained.
"Right, sorry, let's just get moving" Sonic said as he made his way forward with Spike following behind.

They proceeded to climb tower, this one required more careful and precise platforming then the last, they had to carefully jump up some floating bocks, then break through pink barriers to move forward, and grind rail farther to the top.
"I'd like to see the other dragons try this without flying to the top" Spike said as they continued.
"I don't think any of them have done what you have right now bro, no offense to them but could they have expected doing something like this?" Sonic asked.
"Probably not, it would probably take them a little while to catch on though." Spike said as they continued.

Eventually they reached the top once again after more grueling climbing, they finished it off by avoiding some bombs and grinding on another rail through a ring to reach the top.
"I hate whoever designed these things" Spike said annoyed looking back at the thing.
"Talk about a difficulty spike huh?" Sonic asked as they looked at another Koco this time with a green ribbon. The area flashed around them again to reveal another Ancient, it then began to speak.

" I was once the greatest warrior among my people, i relished the chance to prove myself against the ultimate foe" It told them.
" I couldn't defeat it in the end, and then i lost to you two. Face me again! I demand satisfaction!" It said determined before they were teleported into another room for the trial.

"Here we go again.." Spike said looking at the 4 creatures.
"Let's get this over with" Sonic said getting ready, The Koco then started the trial once again.

Spike and Sonic proceeded to face the 4 foes, they tried to slice at them with their disks but they came up with a strategy, Sonic would continue to parry each time it almost came to them while Spike dealt more damage. They continued to do that for the other three and were able to clear the next one.
"That was easy once we knew what to do" Spike said stretching his arms.
"Yeah, tell me about it." Sonic said stretching as well.

They found themselves back on the tower again facing the Ancient again.
"You two are indeed formidable warriors. it's not just your skills, i see your unbreakable spirits." It said impressed and they nodded in understanding.
"there is no shame in being defeated by you two, take my blessing and earn the victory i could not!" It told them before he turned to Spike.
"Child of Angel, i am honored to have to meet you, send her my regards when you two meet, it was an honor to have met such a kind person" The ancient said gratefully before they teleported back to the real world and Spike looked down with a smile.

"I will.. thank you for this." Spike said gratefully.
"We're almost done, just a few more, let's get to the other towers" Sonic said and Spike nodded in agreement as they flew to the start of the next tower which had opened thanks to the others.

" The Koco will helped show us the way!" Amy said happily.
"We've got to reveal those emeralds!" Tails said as they were searching for more devices.
Out of our way we're working!" Knuckles said as he and his Spike were still searching.

Spike and Sonic flew down to the next tower which was on the other side of the island, Spike sighed in relief as he landed.
"It's crazy how much there is we have with these towers right now.." Spike said looking at the thing.
"Another tower another trial, let's hope we get things done fast" Sonic said looking at the thing.
"Right, let's go!" Spike said running up to it with Sonic following behind.

This one required them do do more wall climbing then the last, they had to move across more platforms and had to be shot out of a cannon a couple times. It was a tough climb, but a little easier then the last two, they finished off by running up another wall and flying through more rings before landing on the top.
"At least that one had more room.." Spike said a little tired.
'I'm just glad we haven't fallen off, take's a lot of skill." Sonic said impressed with himself, they looked at the next Koco which now had a yellow ribbon this time. They had another flash before they found themselves in front of another Ancient.

" I was once the protégé to our greatest hero, i helped design and construct the Titans, the fact that you two overcame my designs is.. inconceivable.. i need more data, help me understand what you two are!" It spoke before they were teleported into another room.
"Why can't we talk with these things first?" Spike asked and Sonic shrugged.
"i just hope we don't have much trouble with this one." Sonic said hopefully, the Koco once again started the trial and they began.

This time Spike and Sonic were tasked with parrying multiple enemy's that spun around them at super fast speeds, they had to parry at the right moment to knock them down. They repeatedly knocked them all down and destroyed them one by one, eventually they finished the thing.
"At least this one was easier.." Spike said as they finished the last one.
"Thank goodness." Sonic said gratefully as they had passed.

They found themselves back on the tower again facing the Ancient once again.
" Simply outstanding, i still don't understand what you two are able to do, nevertheless your limitless potentials are something to behold." It said amazed and Spike chuckled.
"We just don't give up so easily, no matter what happens we'll push through it!" Spike said confidently with Sonic nodding.
" Take my blessings and continue to defy the impossible! My only regret is that i will not be there to see it." It said before turning to Spike.
"Child of Angel you have shown just how much you have from her, she had a unbreakable spirit and was a pure one, i hope you two will meet one day" The ancient said happy before they found themselves in the real world once again.
"Thank you, i hope so too." Spike said with a smile.
"We've got one more tower to climb, let's go!" Sonic said confidently with Spike nodding in agreement.

Spike and Sonic flew down to the bottom again heading to the next tower which had opened thanks to the Koco they found.
"Hurry Sonic and Spike, for the Koco, for all of us!" Amy said worried.
"Is this cloaking technology how the enemy robot's appear too?" Tails asked interested
"aren't you two supposed to be training or something?" Knuckles asked.
"Don't worry guys, we're almost done, hang in there!" Spike said as they hurried to the next tower.

They continued to run to the next tower before they were at the foot of it.
"4th one, you ready for this?" Sonic asked.
"The sooner we're done with these the better it is. Let's go!" Spike said ready to go. Sonic nodded in agreement and they headed up the 4th one.

This one was extra tricky, they had to carefully move themselves through the currents of fans that pushed them upwards, they then had to carefully push buttons on the grind rails to make rings appear, they then had to cyloop around a few devices without falling off in order to make a spring appear.
"Who designed these things?!" Spike asked
'I don't know, they sure know how to make a challenge i'll say that much!" Sonic said as they bounced up higher.
They finished the thing off by gliding over some more fans before grind railing upwards to the very top and they landed on it.

"Thank Celestia..." Spike said gratefully.
"At least that's done.." Sonic said gratefully as well as they looked at another Koco this time with a black ribbon and crown. They found themselves in another vision looking at another ancient.
"Huh, looks like there is a surprise 4th titan after all.." Sonic said casually.
" I knew there was something else we have to face.." Spike said remembering the walls all the way back home.

"In the vision we saw, you lost to the enemy when you sealed it within your titan, how are you here?" Sonic asked with Spike wanting to know as well.
"That's not important, you two wish to do what i did? Stand before the unthinkable and save this world? Prove it, show me what you two are made off." It told them before they were teleported into another room.
"One more to go." Spike said confidently.
"Let's do this!" Sonic said ready to go as the Koco started the next one.

This one was honestly the easiest they had to face, they had to face against a Ninja from the first island that could regenerate health if it took to long to hit it, but with the experience they have with the previous island it was honestly a cake walk, they finished off the ninja once again.
"That was kinda surprising on how easy it was.." Spike said a little disappointed.
"Tell me about it" Sonic said a little disappointed as well, but they didn't let that keep their attention as they once again found themselves on the tower again looking at the Pilot.

" Bravo, you two are every bit of the heroes i had hoped you two would be. My people thought the same of me, they looked at me for hope and inspiration.. and i wasn't enough" It said sadly while they looked sad as well.
"You two have freed my dearest friends from they're titan shells, and for that you two forever have my thanks" It said gratefully and they nodded with a smile.
"I however was lost, what you see now is the memory of me before we flew into battle. I always wondered how things ended. now i know" It said gratefully.

"Hey, we're not gonna let this enemy get away with this, we'll stop it once and for all." Spike said seriously with Sonic nodding in agreement.
"I thank you two for this, take my blessing, and with it, my thanks, hopes and dreams. you two are this worlds heroes now" It said before lookin at Spike.
"Your mother was one the best people our kind ever knew, give her my thanks when you meet her please." It said and Spike nodded with a smile knowing how much they knew of her.

They found themselves back in the real world again and Spike felt happy knowing that.
"Wow, your mother sounds like a great person to be with." Sonic said happy.
"I just hope i meet her soon,.." Spike said hopefully, they felt their cyber corruption leave them and Sage teleported before them.

"Phew! It worked! I feel like my old self again!" Sonic said gratefully.
"I still feel so much better now that i don't have to worry about it more" Spike said looking at himself with a smile.
"Excellent, now we must go to the one who can forge that energy into a new power" Sage explained and they nodded, they heard a loud noise once again and saw the thing was starting to appear more.

"We need to hurry" Spike said worried
"No time to lose." Sonic said determined and they nodded in agreement before Sage teleported away. Spike and Sonic looked at eachother and nodded hoping the others are doing okay.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this new chapter! I was originally gonna make this a 2 part with climbing the tower but i figured it would be better to put it all in one. i think we can all agree the last one was the most easy, especially on easy mode, but that was probably to relieve us a little before the final challenge. Anyway thank you all for reading this and please leave a like and look forward to more! See you next time!