• Published 15th Sep 2023
  • 1,332 Views, 114 Comments

Spike's Frontier - dragonfan101



Spike awakens on the Starfall Islands after being sucked into an ancient device, He meets Sonic the hedgehog and they go on an adventure to save Sonic's friends.

  • ...
2
 114
 1,332

2: The First Steps

Spike and Sonic proceeded to move through the area, they had found a few buttons just ahead of them, Spike and Sonic both got the same idea and quickly stepped on each of them, just then they felt something. They saw what looked like a red question mark emit some blue energy waves around them, just then they found something appearing in they're head, it looked like a piece of the island?

"How is this even possible, there's nothing like this in Equestria!" Spike said completely surprised at what he just saw.
"I don't know, but something tells me we could see more and more of the island if we find more of these." Sonic said as they looked at the mark which was now blue.
"You may be right, just hope none of these will be super tough" Spike hoped as they continued on.

As they were walking sonic got curious and asked.
"So what's your home like? i've never been there before nor even heard of it, and i've run across a lot of places let me tell you." Sonic asked as he wanted to get to know his new friend.
Spike proceeded to tell him about Equestria, what it is and what he's been through, the enemy's he's helped defeat, Sonic was pretty surprised in what he was told.

"Wow! for someone pretty young, you've been through some crazy stuff." Sonic said surprised as they looked at each other.
"Yeah, i've been in a lot of things, but sometimes i never really felt... helpful" Spike said as he looked down, Sonic stopped and looked at him.

"What do you mean?" Sonic asked a little confused as he seems to have helped quite a bit.
"It's just.. i've never really felt like i've accomplished something big before, my friends have all done something to grant them they're titles, while i'm still just the number one assistant, don't get me wrong i like helping Twilight and the others, but it never felt like something I wanted.." Spike said as he looked up at the sky.

"Well what do you want? Nothing can ever be impossible no matter how tough it is for me" Sonic told him, Spike sighed and looked at him.

"I've always wanted to have a moment where i can truly shine, to prove myself as a person and a dragon, not just to be some small hatchling, i may be young, but i always wanted to go out and find that moment." Spike explained to him, Sonic was surprised someone so young was willing to find a goal like that, he looked at him with a smile.

"Well if your looking for that moment, helping my friends and stopping these Titans or whatever they're called, it might just be it." Sonic said with a smile. Spike looked at him a little surprised." You really think this could be it?" Spike asked.
Sonic simply nodded," If not i'll help you find it, i've always done crazy things like this before, once we help my friends out i can help you find it." Sonic offered, Spike looked shocked that he was willing to help.
"You really will?" Spike asked, " Of course, helping others is what i live to do." Sonic said as he did a few heroic poses and Spike laughed at that, " Thank you so much!" Spike said gratefully.

"Don't worry, i'll be sure to help you and teach you some of my moves, wanna be a hero or something like that, you gotta be able to defend others." Sonic said with a smile." I'd be glad to have that help, i think we should talk more about this later though." Spike said as they came upon an ancient structure and an enemy of some sorts inside ," Yeah, we will, stay here i'll take care of this." Sonic said as he jumped down and engaged with it.

Sonic proceeded to fight the enemy called Ninja, it was swift and sliced through the air, Sonic occasionally had to dodge around it and attack it from behind, after some more punches he finally defeated it and the enemy dropped a familiar looking gear...

"This looks just like the one from before.." Spike said as he picked it up.
"Real question is why was the one you found there to begin with? How did no one find it for so long?" Sonic asked as he looked at it.
"Don't know, we should hang on to it for later though." Spike said as the gear floated around them and absorbed itself into Spike.
"That felt... weird." Spike said as he looked around. Sonic looked and saw a door leading ahead has opened.
"Looks like defeating that thing opened a path, let's go." Sonic said and Spike agreed and they continued walking.

"Everything here looks so old and overgrown with nature..." Spike said as he looked at the structures .
"Yeah, its one of the more interesting things i've seen that's for sure" Sonic agreed as they continued, they then had to move a statue to face the direction the others was and it opened another path.

"Least there will be simple puzzles like this." spike said as they looked at the door.
"Something tells me it will get harder, come on lets go." Sonic said as he started running ahead with Spike following behind.

They had to do a couple more puzzles, and Sonic took down some more enemies, soon though they came upon another familiar device.

"It looks like there are more of these..." Spike said as he looked at the ancient device.
"Wonder how many more there are." Sonic said as they continued to look at it.

"Return to the digital dimension again, use that gear to bridge the gap between dimensions." The voice said as Spike took out the gear.

"It worked with the last one, lets see if it works.." Spike said as he inserted the gear into it, they hoped something would happen but nothing did.
"We may not have enough.." Sonic said as they looked at it

"It is not enough to make the connection, one gear will not suffice. Hunt down another target and take its gear." The voice told them as they looked confused.

"Well where are we gonna find another one of those?" Spike asked and Sonic shrugged, just then a red portal and a large creature that looked like a tower fell on the ground near them.
"We got our answer, stay here!" Sonic said as Spike still couldn't defend himself properly yet.

Sonic proceeded to take the thing down piece by piece, using a new skill they learned after the statues called Cyloop to create a digital circle around it and it took down each piece, Sonic finished it off by delivering a ground stomp on its head and the creature was then defeated and it dropped another gear, Spike walked up to him amazed.

" You weren't kidding when you said you've done stuff like this before! You took that out like it was nothing!" Spike said pretty amazed. Sonic chuckled a little.
"Don't worry, you'll be doing awesome stuff like that when we take care of this mess,." Sonic said as he picked up another gear.
"These may not be so rare as we thought." Spike said as he looked at it.
"Well, that voice said that targets like these will drop gears, so i think its safe to say they won't be easy to come across though." Sonic said as he put the gear away.

"Somethings not right about this place..." Spike said as he looked around feeling like he's being watched.
"Your right on that, but i think we should get to that portal thing and find away to get across that bridge." Sonic said as he pointed to a bridge without a way across.
"Yeah your right, let's see more of this Cyberspace as the voice called it." Spike said as they made they're way back, unknown to them a figure that was glitching red was watching over them...

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this new chapter! I plan to have Spike get similar ability's as sonic in the game but also a few new ones, hope you like what you are seeing and look forward to more! Thank you all so much for liking my last story and don't forget to leave a like on this one to please! Thank you all for reading this chapter and see you next time!