• Published 15th Sep 2023
  • 1,332 Views, 114 Comments

Spike's Frontier - dragonfan101



Spike awakens on the Starfall Islands after being sucked into an ancient device, He meets Sonic the hedgehog and they go on an adventure to save Sonic's friends.

  • ...
2
 114
 1,332

8: Ares Island And Knuckles

Spike and Sonic are flying to the nearest island until it is in view.

"That must be it" Spike said as they were getting closer to it.
"Great, hopefully there we can.. woah!" Sonic shouted as lasers started firing at them.
"What the heck?!" Spike shouted as he tried to avoid them, but they were both shot and they landed down near a crater of sand.

Spike and Sonic groan as they get up.
"You alright Spike?" Sonic asked a little tired.
"Yeah, thankfully we were in our super forms otherwise we would have been toast." Spike said getting up, they then saw the Chaos Emeralds spread out across the island.
"Nah that's cool, we didn't want this to be easy anyway" Sonic said getting up as well
"Well we might as well look around for a bit." Spike said as her looked around, Sonic then noticed something on his back.

"Hey Spike what are those things on your back?" Sonic asked as he pointed at them.
"What?" Spike asked confused and her turned his head around and his eyes widened.
"No way.. are these?!" Spike asked trying to get a better look and he started to freak out.
"Wings! I just grew wings!!" Spike shouted with pure joy.

"Wait wings?! As in you can fly now?!" Sonic asked amazed.
"Yep!" Spike said as he tried them out and he quickly got the hang of them.
"I can fly now! Yes!" Spike said amazed as he landed on the ground.

"How is this possible? You didn't have those before!" Sonic said as he looked at them with a smile.
"Maybe the Chaos Emeralds had something to do with it?" Spike suggested as he tried to calm down.
"It could be, speaking of which, we should probably start searching the area right?" Sonic asked and Spike nodded and they started to search the area.

The new island was a lot different then what they were used to with Kronos, this is barren lifeless and filled with some new robots they haven't seen on the last, they did more platforming puzzles and regular puzzles to get a new kind of medal and more of the island was downloaded into their brain.

"How does this work, it feels weird yet natural" Spike said as the information was downloaded again.
"I don't know it does feel weird i'll say that much" Sonic said as they started moving again, Spike then noticed something in the distance.
"Hey Sonic, doesn't that look like one of those things that contained Amy?" Spike asked pointing at it, Sonic noticed it as well.
"Maybe my friend tails is trapped in there, let's check it out." Sonic said as they started to run

When they got there though it was someone Sonic wasn't expecting.
"Knuckles?! What are you doing here?" Sonic asked confused as his other friend was trapped here to.
"Isn't he one of your other friends you told me about?" Spike asked.
"Yeah, how did he get here, we have to free him." Sonic said as he held out his hand as well as Spike, the medals they collected went into the container and it broke like the last one, and the energy like before went into them this time almost covering their arm, and Knuckles fell to the ground.

Knuckles looked at himself and then turned to them.
"Some rescue, i'm still half ghost!" Knuckles said to Sonic.
"We're working on it okay?!" Sonic asked as they recovered from it.
"We?" Knuckles asked and then he noticed Spike.

"Oh. Who's the new kid?" Knuckles asked as he walked up to him
"Names Spike nice to meet you." Spike said as he got up. he then tried to feel them.

"What's going on with you two?" Knuckles asked as he tried to feel something.
"Just a weird side affect of the islands weird energy." Sonic told him.
"I don't think it's just a side affect Sonic" Spike said with with worry as he could feel more of the energy.

"What are you doing so far from home?" Sonic asked curious.
" I was investigating some strange ruins when i was transported here, then got trapped" Knuckles explained.
"Never a dull moment for you" Sonic said with a smug.

"You too huh?" Spike asked as the same thing happened to him.
"Same thing happen to you?" Knuckles asked and Spike nodded.
"I found some an ancient highly advanced cave in my home in the forest, i couldn't find a way out, but i found one of those weird chair things and i got sucked here and ended up with Sonic" Spike explained to him.

"How could that kind of place exist where your from?" Sonic asked and Spike shook his head
" I don't know, it looked dormant for thousands of years until i found it" Spike said recalling what he's seen.
"Well at least your not half ghost like me." Knuckles said as he noticed Spike wasn't like him.
"Hey again i woke up with Sonic near me so i couldn't really get trapped in one of those things." Spike explained.
"Fair enough, can you guys bring me up to speed?" Knuckles asked and they nodded.

"Listen help us find the Chaos Emeralds so we can beat up some big robots, you'll be freed and you'll be free and back to guarding the Master Emerald in no time" Sonic offered.
"Master Emerald?" Spike asked confused as he remembered a large green gem in the ruins frames.
"Sounds like a plan." Knuckles said getting in his face, and Sonic did the same thing and Spike sighed.
"Are you two gonna do that all day? Or are we gonna get searching?" Spike asked ready to go, they then noticed it and backed away.

"Kid's right, let's go" Knuckles said as he started to walk off.
"He always like this?" Spike asked and Sonic nodded.
"eh, you'll get used to it, let's get going" Sonic said as they started to catch up with him.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this new chapter! I hope you don't mind me giving Spike wings from here out, i feel like he'll be a better help if he had them. The chaos emeralds are capable of many things so giving Spike wings wouldn't be to out of the question, again hope you look forward to more! Thank you for reading this chapter and I'll see you next time!