• Published 3rd Mar 2024
  • 108 Views, 4 Comments

A horribly bad happenstance! Bad Guy has returned! - Midnight2019



A myth over recently uncovered, how will the CMC react to having to be heroes of Equestria from monsters that haven't existed before?

  • ...
 4
 108

Act 3:The Everfree

The group enter the Everfree forest, already expecting the many timberwolves they encountered... not the number of chests though. They found lots of chests that contained a number of healing items, even rarer stuff like Zap Apples and recipes for new weapons and armors... need it be mentioned that they can also craft healing items now? "Ah can't believe Zap Apple can actually contribute ta our journey. Zap Apple Jelly(Heals 10% of HP, where-as Potions consistently heal 200 HP) is really easy ta craft and actually decent fer later." Apple Bloom said as they kept going deeper.

They encountered a number of monsters, lots of spiders and snakes and... they eventually found the Castle of the Two Sisters. "Well... guess this will be where the most of our Everfree adventure will be. We ready?" Scootaloo asked the others, who simply nodded. And together they entered the castle.


The door sealed shut behind the group of fillies... wait... what door?

"My little fillies, it seems Bad Guy has made this castle strange... upon entering you won't leave until you either faint or complete it." The voice of the god said, confusing all the fillies here.

"Is this like one of Button Mash's video games?" Sweetie Belle asked as U.I. turned on a hologram showing the position of them in the castle as the god's voice reigned through the area again, "If you want to think of it that way. Everytime you'll enter here, you'll start at the bottom floor and have the goal to reach the top floor, if all of you run out of HP then you'll awaken outside the castle with all the loot you aquired in the castle. This castle's enemies and loot is randomized upon entry so be aware that all kills here, despite giving you EXP and Gold, will not be the same every run." Within the room there were three chests and they had three... unique items... and luckily U.I. had no hesitation to explain them. "Otherworldly Catalog, allows contact with shops in other worlds to trade in Gold, can't be used in randomized dungeons until the current room is cleared out. Bit Crusher, turns Gold into Bits at a rate of 1 to 5, automatically used upon completing a randomized dungeon. Broken Hero Sword, the remains of a sword once used by a world traveling hero, looks like it could be used for something..."

Room 1, Floor 1

Upon entering the first room of the first floor (barring the entrance), the fillies immediately noticed a change in atmosphere. The once destroyed castle looked different from even Canterlot Castle, looking more like it was a realm out of the Crusader's dreams. There were several chests, wooden chests so Scootaloo knew that it probably wasn't worth opening them as they'd have like... bits or something, there were also several normal monsters like Slimes or Bats... nothing too scary. Of course, being as strong as they were from the adventure to this point, they cleared the toom out without hassle and moved on.

Room 2, Floor 1

The second room was no different just a slightly more difficult set of enemies and a single iron chest which held a set of five potions and some Gold Bars it seems, they did get some earlier from enemies but it was a much less amount, like 1 or 2. Once the group cleared the room out, they opened the Otherworldly Catalog which had a large number of items they hadn't even seen in Equestria like something called an "Item Charm" which supposedly increases rare item drops, and it does cost a far amount of Gold, being 25 Gold while the heroes had just 13... Oh well, there were still rooms to progress through.

Room 3, Floor 1, last room of Floor 1.

The third room looked like it was a boss arena of sorts, the area was as perfect of a circle as the square tiles could allow. At the end of the room was a lone mirror, the group approached it and only a strange darker looking Apple Bloom appeared, the mirror around the darker Apple Bloom shattered but it left the odd doppleganger of Apple Bloom. "Wilted Bloom, an entity possessing the form of an alternate Apple Bloom, be wary of their knives and ranged demon Energy attacks or you might be their next victim!" U.I. said as the group got ready to fight their toughest fight yet in this castle.

Wilted Bloom got the first move by throwing their knife towards the group, hitting Apple Bloom for a large chunk of damage, "OW!" She exclaimed.

Wilted Bloom attacked Apple Bloom with a knife toss!
Apple Bloom took 150 damage!

Scootaloo had to think for a moment as she considered if using Thunder Affinty was a good use of a turn before deciding to use her Spear Twirl move, hitting Wilted Bloom six times for decent damage.

Scootaloo twirls her spear to attack the enemy!
Wilted Bloom took approximately 650 damage!

"Apple Bloom, you'll need to be careful, you might want to heal on your turn because this... thing... could cleared defeat all of us in an instant if it wanted." Sweetie Belle said to Apple Bloom who just nodded, after that Sweetie Belle cast her shield spell to lower incoming damage for several turns.

Sweetie Belle cast Shield!
The entire team's defenses went up!

Apple Bloom took the turn to use a Potion to heal all the damge, her approximately 250 HP was not cutting it right now. This battle better give her a huge boost in EXP...

Apple Bloom used a Potion.
Apple Bloom recovered 200 HP.

Diamond Tiara looked to Silver Spoon, who nodded at her, as she started charging her Super Blast.

Diamond Tiara began charging...

Silver was the only one left to make a move... she took a deep breath and got ready to crush Wilted Bloom under the weight of her hammer.

Silver Spoon attacks!
Wilted Bloom took 250 damage!

Wilted Bloom stands still from all the damage as they looked on it was clear that they weren't giving up yet. They met eyes with Apple Bloom as they said, "You're strong... but if you're worthy of moving on to Floor 2 depends on your next action." Apple Bloom stood puzzled by the situation... then made her decision...

Apple Bloom attacks Wilted Bloom with all she's got!
Wilted Bloom's HP went down to 1!

Diamond Tiara watched as she finally fired her Super Blast finishing Wilted Bloom off. Three chests appeared, one contained a Picture of Wilted Bloom, one contained a Heart shaped container, and one contained a chestplate. U.I. popped out and said, "Congradulations! All of you went up three levels! Apple Bloom's HP was gone over 500 now!" To be fair, Apple Bloom's HP increases at a faster rate from the rest and will for certain go over 3000 by the end of this adventure. Apple Bloom equiped the Chestplate getting a major boost to her defense... at least for this point in her adventure. A staircase appears to take them to the second floor, a star shaped object also appeared and so they immediately interacted with it, healing all of them. "Alright... are we ready ta continue?" Apple Bloom asked, to which everyone nodded and progressed.

Rooms 1 & 2, Floor 2

Upon entering these rooms, everyone noted how much stronger the enemies were getting and how much better the chest loot was. After these two rooms the group had enough to purchase both the Item Charm and the "Double Accessorizer" from the Otherworldly Catalog allowing the group to have two accessories on at once, very useful. They proceeded to the next room.

Room 3, Floor 2

This room was surprisingly empty, just being a big square shaped area with nothing going on... well... aside from a lone chest in the center of it... Scootaloo attempted to open the chest awaking the fury of a Mimic!

"Mimic, these creatures are one of Bad Guy's favorites as they lure adventures into a false sense of security and eat them whole," U.I. said matter of factly. But in general, it was a tough fight but still not as tough as Wilted Bloom. They went to the final floor.

Final Floor

The group stepped up to find a lone doorway leading to the final challenge of this area... they stepped through...

"ARE YA KIDDIN' MEH?!" Apple Bloom screamed as she stared at a literal flying eye ball. "Eye of Cthulhu, it seems to have wandered rather far from it's native world." U.I. explained.

The Eye of Cthulhu moved slowly towards the group but didn't charge or even seem to make it clear it was attacking, only summoning smaller eyeballs U.I. called "Servants of Cthulhu" and so... Apple Bloom attacked it.

Apple Bloom attacks!
Eye of Cthulhu took 140 damage!

Unlike other enemies faced by the group, this one didn't react to being hit, just kinda taking it... weird. Scootaloo attacked as well, not really sure using a skill is worth it in this fight aside from speeding it up.

Scootaloo attacks!
Eye of Cthulhu took 135 damage!

Sweetie Belle wasn't going to just attack, she'd do too little damage that way so she shoot a fire ball at the eye ball.

Sweetie Belle cast Fire Ball!
Eye of Cthulhu took 250 damage!

Diamond Tiara shoot three times at the enemy!
Eye of Cthulhu took 364 damage!

Silver Spoon attacks!
Eye of Cthulhu took 245 damage!

The Eye of Cthulhu did a rather slow charge which Sweetie Belle was able to easily dodge, "What is with this thing? It's so slow compared to Wilted Bloom and the Mimic on the previous two floors," Sweetie Belle said as she watch the eye return to looking at the group from above.

Eye of Cthulhu attacks!
Miss! Sweetie Belle took no damage!

Apple Bloom attacks!
Eye of Cthulhu took 143 damage!

Scootaloo attacks!
Eye of Cthulhu took 130 damage!

After Scootaloo's attack the eye stood still for a moment and then started spinning before the eye revealed a mouth where it's pupil and iris was. Suddenly it stopped summoning the Servants of Cthulhu but it looked to be much faster than before. This fight was going to be the group's own personal hell... if a random star didn't land on the boss and take out like 750 HP from it. "Alright... guess that works out." Scootaloo said after seeing that display.

Eye of Cthulhu charged at an enemy!
Diamond Tiara took 140 damage!

"Ow! This thing could take chunks out of our health if we're not careful!" Diamond Tiara said as she started fired at it.

Diamond Tiara attacks!
Eye of Cthulhu took 155 damage!

"Did it get weaker defensively?" Diamond Tiara asked aloud, to which everyone in the room collectively nodded.

Sweetie Belle cast Fire Ball!
Eye of Cthulhu took 300 damage!

"Okay, one attack from you Silver will finish the job!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed as Silver nodded.

Silver Spoon attacks!
Eye if Cthulhu took 350 damage!
Eye of Cthulhu has been slain!

As the Eye of Cthulhu spun in pain, it burst and left some chests behind as well as a decent number of Gold.

Chest 1 had several "emblems" that boost the strenghts of the holder and is counted as an accessory.

Chest 2 had a recipe which used the Broken Hero Sword in it's requirements.

And chest 3 had... a potion... not a normal potion but a light blue one called "a Recall Potion" supposedly it sends the drinker home but it can be used near infinitely.


The group found themselves outside the castle. "Soooo... that happened..." Silver Spoon said getting nods from the rest.

"Ah say we go backta Ponyville and fight off that monsta at the train station now, we got out rewards and more stories ta tell," Apple Bloom said to which everyone agreed... it is time to save Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Hehehe, note: I will not highlight when every skill is unlocked and some fights are definitely not being detailed, only major fights like the guardians and unique randomized dungeon bosses, oh yeah, the Castle of the Two Sisters ain't the only randomized dungeon :3. Next time: The team's first Guardian!

Comments ( 2 )

Bad Guy is my own character, and a part of a RPG game series I make, where he is, unsurprisingly, the bad guy.

Is there a playthrough of this game available online?

11890767
Sadly no... not that I'm aware of at least. If you want I can link you to my Gamejolt where the games could be downloaded, just... be aware they won't have much, if any, MLP reference or content.

Login or register to comment