• Published 8th Sep 2023
  • 117 Views, 2 Comments

An Apple has a shocking problem - Midnight2019



Apple Bloom has a problem, and noPONY can fix it... but someone from very far away? YES THEY CAN!

  • ...
 2
 117

Part 2

Apple Bloom's point of view

I got up at the sound of the roster, as always, noticing that I felt much more energetic! Then I remember that dream last night, Gomez must have added the Arcane generator while I was sleeping dreamlessly. I looked around the room and grabbed my pink bow from the end table and put it on, knowing that this is truly my bow, and started getting my chores done, they weren't gonna do themselves, after all.

After I did all of that, I called for a Cutie Mark Crusader meeting and asked for Brensle and his friends to be brought, though… Scootaloo seemed to cringe at the idea, whatever. I just had to get to the clubhouse, did I mention that I was energized from Arcane energy? Anyways, it took a decent amount of time but I got to the clubhouse without any other incidents! Soon Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo arrived, the latter looking a tiny bit greener than usual.

"Sweetie Belle, are ya alright? You look a little green," I said to Sweetie, actually concerned, before she shrugged it off, "I don't know what you're talking about Apple Bloom," Sweetie replied, scaring me even more. Scootaloo just looked with this menacing smile as she said, "You know, I find it very odd how Brensle and his friends got to Ponyville, knew your problem, and managed to know how to stop the possessed Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, don't you? I mean, that damn rodent deserves to die, yet he lives… quite an issue, don't you think Gomez?" Then she, no HE, revealed his true form, a sea-green coat and mane, cyan eyes, and deep blue, the wings didn't use the exact shade of sea-green used by the barrel but it was still very similar, but whoever this was clearly knew Gomez before I heard rustling in the bushes.

In fear I lifted my hooves up and as they glowed a bright light, I sent them crashing down into the ground summoning rocks from thin air.

Narrator(with Brensle)

Sweetie Belle had told Brensle and friends that Apple Bloom needed them for something, but by the time they got to the CMC clubhouse… they had already lost Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo to Creator Remnants… or rather A Creator Remnant, this was Sea Grass, one of the strongest Creator Remnants, being nearly resistant to all attacks except poison attacks, made worse by the fact that they took a Pegasus, albeit a flightless one.

"Sea Grass! You will leave Apple Bloom alone!" Brensle yelled as he got his sword ready in his mouth before charging… and being blocked by a light green shield made by the corrupted Sweetie Belle. And it took Brensle a moment to realize… OH CRAP! I'M ABOUT TO BE FLUFFIN' IMPALED! And jumped backwards as much as possible. Brensle and friends were expecting rocks to fall from thin air, however.

Apple Bloom, however, was aware that they were the one that did that, "Did, did ah I do that?" Apple Bloom asked looking at the crushed Sea Grass, "AH! DID AH KILL SCOOTS?!?!" Apple Bloom started freaking out before Brensle assured her, "Don't worry, young Apple Bloom. Scootaloo is just out cold, but that was an awesome Rock Tomb move, but first…"

Brensle rushed and held up a hoof as a glowy ball started around it, before long it was released as a white beam that hit Sweetie Belle, returning her colors to normal as Sea Grass got up and was immediately surrounded, "So… Sea Grass? What was your plan here? To annoy us considering you did just that," Brensle said as his charm hangs on by a literal thread, his dull yellow mane and coat hardly staying on as a disguise.

Sea Grass just started laughing, "Oh Brensle, you annoying little rodent and your annoying little friends! I just need you here, Apple Bloom and Gomez had nothing to do except bring you. Right. HERE!" Sea Grass explained as he used his ability to trap Brensle in a cage before flying off with it. "Whelp, everyone, this is another one of THOSE days," Manafetus said as she started making complete and total use out of her weapon.

Somehow though, it seems that the Art Style charm was removed from Brensle, making all of the Original Seven look like themselves, earning a shriek of fear from the fillies, "Seems like Brensle did good by getting and wearing the Art Style charm, huh?" Gary asked before everyone of the Original Seven nodded. Apple Bloom stared at the group of, now 6, creatures with wonder before suddenly hearing Twilight Sparkle and the other element bearers running here, “Sweetie Belle, darling, are you okay?” Rarity said as her head poked through the bush… and proceeded to faint when she saw Brensle’s friends.

Apple Bloom’s point of view

Rarity fainted upon seeing Brensle’s friends and the other element bearers followed her to our little safe place… and safe to say that Applejack wasn’t happy that I was with someone that they thought I didn’t know, “You know, Brensle might been in trouble and we’re stuck here because we don’t have enough Arcane Energy to teleport,” Gary said before turning to the group of ponies, who all looked notably shocked to hear him talk, giving me a chance to break out of Applejack’s hooves, “By the way, I’m Gary, Gary the Raichu,” Gary added. The rest of the currently there members of the Original Seven also introduced themselves, causing everyone except for me and Sweetie Belle to glare at them, “How do we know you are being truthful in that you are the same as the group that helped Apple Bloom?” Twilight asked the group as Manafetus summoned the same sword she used to help Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, and same as then, it was summoned from thin air, “Okay, that is rather convincing, but you might be alternate versions of them, especially since there are only 6 of you instead of 7,” Twilight said as Manafetus sighed. “Yeah, we are alternate versions of some of the most powerful entities in the known omniverse and we clearly don’t have some version of Brensle who wore something that made us bland in with Equestrian society, and they certainly weren’t taken by Scootaloo possessed by a evil entity formed from the soul of a now deceased creator… yep, that’s us,” Manafetus said, earning a surprised face from everyone, including me, before she said, “WHO DID YOU THINK WE WERE?! OTHER VERSIONS OF US WOULD HAVE A BRENSLE, HE IS A CONSTANT!” Twilight and the other element bearers all covered their ears at Manafetus’s yelling.

“Sorry, for yelling, like Brensle, I do not take kindly to be overlooked as an ‘alternate version’ of myself,” Manafetus explained as the other element bearers started calming down. I, still, had to explain things away but for now we needed to get started on finding Brensle, “Alright, now that that’s taken care of… don’t we need to find Brensle, who knows where Sea Grass has taken him,” I stated matter-of-factly, and everyone around us seemed to agree, with the element bearers offering to help but Brensle’s friends actually said something very interesting, “Actually, finding him is easy, me and Brensle once went on a quest to save a young human-turned-plusle who was taken and he and I used our aura sensing abilities to find her location, I reckon we can do a similar thing here, after all. Brensle most certainly we not be alone but his aura is incredibly easy to spot to those that can sense aura,” Manafetus explained the whole journey.

“Alright, everyone ready for some craziness?” Manafetus asked as she got us all around her, we all nodded. Suddenly, it felt as if an earthquake was happening, Brensle’s friends were reacting but all the ponies here were, especially Applejack. When we looked down, we saw that we were standing a star, and just as suddenly as it started, the shaking ended. “Sorry if I scared you all, still not a master at getting the Arcane star to rise outta the ground with ease,” Manafetus said as we started to rise, Rainbow Dash following with her wings.

It took a decent amount of time but we found the hideout of Sea Grass, an area around Cloudsdale, and within moments of getting here, we were attacked by a possessed Pegasus, it had a bright red mane and coat, maroon eyes and a black mouth. I held a hoof us and it covered in electricity and then punched it, releasing the Creator Remnant and hurting it beyond compare, as I turned to the others, everyone was shocked, no pun intended, to see that I did that, “YOU DID A FIRST ATTEMPT THUNDER PUNCH!?!?!?” Manafetus said completely shocked, again no pun intended, “IT TOOK BRENSLE FIFTY ATTEMPTS TO DO THUNDER PUNCH CONSISTENTLY!! AND YOU MANAGE IT FIRST TRY!?” It seemed that my Thunder Punch was a real shocker, pun intended this time.

We got into the base and started storming the base, following Manafetus and Gary the Raichu as we moved through the base. We eventually found a door that was covered in seaweed, “Guess this is where Sea Grass is hidin’,” I said as we stared at the big door, Manafetus got her sword and cut the seaweed before opening it and replying, “I know that this is where they are hiding, Sweet Retreat knows Sea Grass’s calling cards and seaweed covered doors? Those are among them,” She chuckled while saying that last sentence.

Narrator(Sea Grass room)

The group of heroes walked into the room, there was a device that none of them knew the use of. Brensle was tied up near the device, out cold, with Sea Grass standing near the device, “Alright, listen here Sea Grass, Ah just want my friend Scootaloo back, and I don’t want ta fight for her back, so just let her go and I’ll kindly let ya go,” Apple Bloom said while Sea Grass just chuckled, which evolved to a full on laugh after she finished speaking, it wasn’t long before Apple Bloom got her answer, “Listen little one, you were never in our sights, we got what we wanted from your little stowaway soul Gomez… and we got what we wanted from Brensle, so now I will be awaiting defeat at the hands of Brensle’s ‘friends’” Sea Grass just stood by the device which was displaying all sorts of information that Apple Bloom couldn’t understand, in fact, nopony understood the information brought but Brensle’s friends were shocked at seeing that, “Don’t tell me…” Lightshine said as she stared at the information.

Manafetus rushed and bonked Sea Grass on the head freeing Scootaloo and crushed the released Creator Remnant. Gary the Raichu grabbed Brensle and used his tail to cut Brensle’s ropes, they rushed out of that place… but little did they know… something new was going to arise when they least expected it. Something much worse than what the Original Seven have ever faced.

Apple Bloom and them all got back to Ponyville when Brensle awoke, left for a moment and came back with a charm in the shape of a low detail paint brush, when he put it on, all seven Original Seven members went back to looking like Ponies, “That’s better, well, better to not scare the populous after all,” Brensle said as the group left the ponies dumbfounded for the 3rd time today.

Apple Bloom’s point of view

Brensle and his friends waved goodbye to us and me and Applejack went home, discussing my new abilities, “How exactly did ya do that weird electric punch?” She asked only to get a vague answer from me, “Well, I just thought about what I wanted to do and it did the rest for me,” I didn’t lie, that was what happened, though knowing my sister, she didn’t buy it, but at least she didn’t ask that I elaborate further… unlike a certain princess we know. It took a while but we eventually made it back home, and things progressed as relatively normal as possible. We had dinner, had to explain where we were for half a day, and went to bed.

When I arrived in the Dream Orchard, I immediately started searching for Gomez. I found him in a matter of seconds and started rushing towards him. “Welcome back Apple Bloom… listen, I’m sorry… I didn’t know that Creator Remnants would use your friends as a weapon, at least Brensle saved Sweetie Belle and Manafetus saved Scootaloo…” Gomez said as he grabbed an apple, but I wasn’t going to take that, “So, what? Ya didn’t know, that’s that. I didn’t come here to get an apology, I just want to learn more about your relationship with Brensle and his friends.” Gomez looked slightly happy at that and I was alright, but I could tell something was bothering him.

“Where do I begin with my story with Brensle and the members of the Original Seven? Maybe, with when I truly met him for the first time. It was a decent day, I was just minding my own business and all of a sudden I felt the ground shake, looking around, running for a safe place when I saw what caused it, a giant creature unlike any I have seen before. I was standing around uselessly while a small rodent and his friends were fighting against it as if it wasn’t a challenge. At the time I didn’t know it, but seeing that led to the biggest adventure of my life. Over the years I got to know Brensle and his friends more and more, but then… Well, I lost my faith in the world, all because of something that I won’t name right now… that then led to me kinda… offing myself. However my spirit got lost on the way to the afterlife, we’ll say, and it led me to you. I tried to avoid affecting you in every way I could, but then yesterday happened and you know the rest,” Gomez recalled, getting notably sad toward the end. “It’s alright there Gomez, it’ll be alright. You don’t have to say everything at one time, I’ll always be able to return,” I comforted Gomez, doing my best to make him feel better. I’d say I did a good job.

Author's Note:

Thaumcane - [n] A form of magic energy found to have dangerous side effects in the user, it works like both Thaumic and Arcane energies, only to be used in a last ditch effort!

Unique Weapon - [n] A weapon created from a 2-step process involving a customization Crystal and a blank weapon, has side effects for wielders outside of the creator.

Customization crystal - [n] A rare crystal with all 7 colors of the rainbow on it, when held with a blank weapon it creates a unique weapon.

Creator Remnant - [n] The small part of a creator of a universe to remain alive, the soul of a creator, it uses others forms to gain powers and take control of worlds(Not forced)

Sea Grass - [N] A Creator Remnant from a creator of a Plant vs Zombies timeline, has the uncanny ability to control plant matter and is one of the most evil Creator Remnants.

Actual Author's Note
Be wary... something big is coming, and you have nothing prepared to stop it.

Comments ( 2 )

Why is Plustle yellow and purple in the cover art? Shouldn’t it be yellow and red?

11694381
Brensle is a special character, Yes they are a Plusle, but they aren't a regular one. They are my OC so I decided that they are Purple and Yellow instead of the usual colors.

Login or register to comment