• Published 8th Sep 2023
  • 116 Views, 2 Comments

An Apple has a shocking problem - Midnight2019



Apple Bloom has a problem, and noPONY can fix it... but someone from very far away? YES THEY CAN!

  • ...
 2
 116

Part 1

Author's Note:

WORD OF WARNING:During the sections of Apple Bloom's point of view, all signs of accent are removed except for slight exceptions, namely words that wouldn't sound completely right from a storytelling stand point where there is no accent.

Thaumcane - [n] A form of magic energy found to have dangerous side effects in the user, it works like both Thaumic and Arcane energies, only to be used in a last ditch effort!

Unique Weapon - [n] A weapon created from a 2-step process involving a customization Crystal and a blank weapon, has side effects for wielders outside of the creator.

Customization crystal - [n] A rare crystal with all 7 colors of the rainbow on it, when held with a blank weapon it creates a unique weapon.

Creator Remnant - [n] The small part of a creator of a universe to remain alive, the soul of a creator, it uses others forms to gain powers and take control of worlds(Not forced)

Actual Author's note
Welcome Reader to a brand new story that has literally nothing to do with A bitter Sweet occurence but it might get sappy, be warned! Also this doesn't have the same limit that A bitter Sweet occurence has, so expect this to be longer with actual action scenes! Also the author's note section will contain a dictionary to explain terms not scene else where.

A pink bow sits on a computer screen in a castle far away from most worlds... even most dimensions aren't close. Yet Brensle, a human-turned-plusle with purple in place of his red and his right face cheek showing a divided by sign instead of the usual plus which is on his left face cheek, was busy preparing something. This was something the was asked for in a friends last words. "Let's see, the last thing I'll need for this trip is the art style charm. Best be disguised until I can feel comfortable with the Equestrians knowing my real form, plus, any friends that come along would immediately scare the populous," Brensle said to himself while grabbing a small charm that looked like a paintbrush(Albeit, incredibly low-detailed) and putting it on.

Brensle got his 6 friends together and gave them this simple question, "I'll be heading into another world, if any of you want to come with me, you are free to, but (and I mean this) there shouldn't be any multiverse threating issues this time, but be prepared for anything," Brensle showed 6, freshly packed, suitcases made from real Miltank hides, each one filled with objects to remember this world with, mainly things pertaining to each of their professions. And then something Brensle never expected happened... all 6 said yes, usually atleast one askes to stay behind just so the town isn't without one of the Original Seven. But all had their own reasons, Gary the Raichu, a Raichu who previously was a serial murderer and never seems to lose the blood that was shed back then and is actually missing the colors of the "modern" Raichu appearance, wanted to go to see what new treats they might have. Zip, a seemingly normal Volbeat wearing a rather simple informal get-up, wanted to see what books and stories they have, Lightshine, a female Mothim who, like Gary, is gray-scale except for a small diamond mark in the band around it's body, she is also missing a wing(She is also wearing a decently scientific outfit, to everyone's surprise), wanted to go because she wanted to make more friends. Minunsle, A Minun/Plusle Hybrid, and Skye, A Shaymin land form with some stolen Sky form parts and wishes to be treated as a female, wanted to go because they just wanted to be with Brensle for once, and Manafetus, a Manaphy who also appeared to be the glitch "Missingno" of generation 4, wanted to ensure that nothing got in the way of relaxation. With all 7 together, it was finally time for them to head for the world... of Equestria.

Brensle and them exited the portal near Ponyville, all seven now looking like Ponies to keep the residents from freaking out. Brensle had a Cutie mark(A magic projection of a pony's special talent) the matched his odd face cheek, Manafetus had a Cutie mark depicting an Egg(That looks similar to a Manaphy egg) in front of a sword covered in electricity, Gary had a Lightning bolt(Which looked like his tail) priecing a heart(Organ not shape), Zip had a robot holding a book, Lightshine had a DS(Probably the DS where her Diamond cartridge was played), Minunsle had a Diamond next to a money sign(Thankfully as they expected his to also reference his origin story), and Skye had a Heart being disected. The 7 were all happy to see this(Some moreso than others) but quickly started moving into town.

Brensle became an Earth Pony so he had more issues moving his stuff, Lightshine and Skye became Pegasi so they had a easier time but still struggled because of the lack of fingers, and the rest became Unicorns who had relatively no problems moving their suitcases. Manafetus opting to help Brensle and Gary did the same for Skye. Lightshine and Minunsle didn't speak but Minunsle knew Lightshine wanted to move the suitcase on her own, and Zip was alone so he had the easiest time for this.

The group made it into Ponyville and started looking around. Zip finding a Library near immediately, Brensle and Manafetus searching for a hotel. Lightshine, Gary, Minunsle, and Skye were left the quint little area, soon Brensle and Manafetus returned saying that they got rooms for the week, Zip then returned with a large collection of books, many on history and various myths of Equestria. Best know what possible enemies you could face when you are the Original Seven of the DeviantArt Canvas. All of them walked around Ponyville until they saw a sign for "Abnormal experts" to assist with a problem that popped up for a filly, and the seven knew that they needed to see what was wrong.

It took a while but the group of seven found where the issue was going to be discussed, and someone was exiting the building, "I'm telling you, I have no clue what is the problem. She is a child and is apparently thinking that her bow might have been replaced. No, I didn't sign up for this Mayor Mare. Get somepony else!" They, a bright orange Unicorn with a Cutie Mark showing a snake eating its own tail(Ouroboros, Father of paradoxes), were clearly fed up as a Mare, presumably Mayor Mare, followed them out. Brensle and friends moved outta the Unicorn's path when Mayor Mare asked them, "I assume you are here because of our call for help, well, come in." Brensle and friends went in and found the element bearers and the CMC, with Apple Bloom in a chair. "Don't worry, I know the basics of your problem little one. You went to wear your bow and immediately felt as if it didn't belong to you, right?" Brensle asked and Apple Bloom immediately nodded, "Well, then... tell me everything that was going through your head at that moment," Brensle finished leaving the other CMC members confused, "Wait, you actually believe her?" Scootaloo asked before Brensle immediately nodded followed by Zip saying, "Well, me and my 6 friends, one of which is Brensle here, have seen much crazier stuff. Like have you seen a video game from the inside, not pretty," followed by Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle getting an unpleasant mental image.

Apple Bloom told Brensle everything, the disguised human-turned-plusle taking everything with actual interest, ready to give his tried and true answer. And at the end, "So, do ya have a solution for meh?" Apple Bloom asked Brensle as Brensle finished jotting notes, "Ah really need to know to everythin' ya know," Brensle studied the notes, eager to share his findings with the fillies and element bearers. "Well, I have some good news and bad news, so let's get the formality outta the way. The bad news is that this is far from the most abnormal thing that I had to look into. The good news is that this little one," Brensle said looking right at Apple Bloom, "might be more powerful than any of us here," Brensle finished adding a wink at the end of the dialogue, Why are you like this Realism?, he thought to no one in particular.

Lightshine, Minunsle, Gary, and Manafetus were simply sitting by waiting for something to happen... it has been too quiet since the defeat of the Chaotic elements of evil and the Original Seven were just waiting for the moment when their "Peaceful" vacation is ruined. Apple Bloom and the CMC had more questions before the door burst open... revealing... Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon?

Brensle knew that things weren't going to be that simple, so he activated his aura sight to confirm his suspicions. Just as I thought… there are two auras in both of them, Brensle thought before nodding to his friends. Diamond Tiara looked at Brensle for a brief moment before turning their attention to Apple Bloom, "Apple Bloom…" she said, "Why are you trusting this set of seven strange ponies?" She finished, before Brensle had to jump backwards to avoid being impaled from the bottom of his barrel to the top. Brensle didn't look amused, "Really? Did you really expect that to work?" Brensle asked at Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon's confusion. "What in tarnation is happenin' with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon?" Apple Bloom asked Brensle, who couldn't give a straight answer at that moment, but could keep the duo distracted. Zip decided to answer Apple Bloom's question, "Well, we don't know what is wrong with them… right now. Brensle very well might know a brief idea, being the true abnormality expert among us seven, especially in terms of personality changes," which Apple Bloom nodded to, asking herself to ask questions later.

Brensle stared as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon simply just started chuckling as Brensle stood, ready to get into a fighting stance at a moment’s notice. Then they suddenly changed further. Diamond Tiara’s coat and mane became nearly indistinguishable from each other as they changed to an unshaded hot pink, her eyes were now just big circles being the color light-gray and having the derpest smile known to the multiverse, which was dark red, and they were no longer Diamond Tiara… but instead one of many creator remnants which have a bone to pick with Brensle. Silver Spoon was similar but with the hot pink and light-gray being swapped.

Brensle knew the duo, they were Wrong warp and Incorrect solution respectively. "So… you two actually finally show up? You know Sweet Retreat has been searching for you two for a long while, and they've been searching for Sea grass as well, but they aren't here," Brensle said with no sense of urgency, "In fact, if it wasn't for stuff like that spike… I'm sure this would have been the easiest fight of my life."

Apple Bloom stared in awe at Brensle as he said that statement and felt something tug at her, but finding nopony tugging at her, she was confused but watched as Brensle did something near impossible… summon a sword onto his back from thin air… causing Twilight's eye to twitch. Manafetus did a similar trick but used her magic to levitate it mumbling, "so this is the power of thaumic energy…" at a volume which should have been impossible to hear. And together Brensle and Manafetus ran, in the near blink of an eye, and bonked Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon on the back of their heads, causing the two to release a strange creature who looked to be a poorly drawn square with a similar face and color scheme to the oddly colored Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

Brensle stepped towards Wrong warp and Incorrect solution and said, "Looks like your names will finally make sense, just don't expect a second try," and then stomped on the two, even turning his hooves to ensure they are completely and totally crushed.

"Listen, I am sorry ya'll had to see that. I don't normally react on emotions but Wrong warp and Incorrect solution just… really needed to be killed or else the cycle would repeat," Brensle said to everypony that was in the room, but probably made a mistake saying their names considering Fluttershy was giving him… THE stare, to which he had to elaborate, "I should mention that Creator Remnants don't have family but instead they try to see the host's family as theirs, but some like Wrong warp and Incorrect solution are just complete and total as-... jerks, complete and total jerks," which seemed to get the stare off him, but not before everyone else had their own questions.

Twilight's question was asked first, "What did… Manafetus, was it?" Brensle nodded, "What did she mean by 'so this is the power of thaumic energy?'" And Brensle glared at Manafetus who was whistling to draw attention away from herself, "For a basic answer, we are from another dimension and have thus never used thaumic energy for magic of any kind," Brensle answered as they moved on to Apple Bloom, "Ah wonder why ah felt a tug at meh during ya'll encounter with DT and SS?" And Brensle knew where that was going, "See Apple Bloom, that was the second spirit trying to get your attention," which immediately calmed Apple Bloom down but not to the point of being completely calm. Then came Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo who both had a similar question, "Where did your sword come from?" Albeit the question was asked in a more excited manner, but Brensle answered all the same, "My sword, the Rendition Blade it's called, came from and went back to its own little pocket dimension… I think…" causing both fillies to groan. Brensle knew how to explain how for them to get their own unique weapons but didn't feel like it, mainly because Rarity would kill him if he tried that… if he could die at least.

Apple Bloom's point of view

I went home with the rest of the ponies, but before we even went ten steps, Brensle asked us to stop and handed me a book on "Multiversial rules" or whatnot… regardless, I might have to read that book. After that it took us about 45 minutes to get home and for me to just call it a night.

When I awoke, I was in a field of apple trees. I appeared to be a mare, although, not with my cutie mark, just an old concept cutie mark for me. As I looked around I eventually found somepony… or should I say someone, as they were certainly not a pony. That, I reasoned, was my second spirit.

"Come. Sit by me and talk for a while," he said, probably as eager to talk to me as I am to talk to him. So I did, when I got to a certain point, my form flashed into my real form, including the cutie mark. I sat there and asked, "Who are ya?" To which he first took a bite out of an apple, then replied with, "Name's Gomez, one of Brensle's many friends across the multiverse, or should I say… omniverse?" Gomez said, biting into the apple again.

I sat eager to learn more about him, so I thought hard about my next question which turned out to be, "Where did Brensle get his sword, if you don't mind me asking," to which he chuckled, and soon evolved into a full on laugh… after he calmed down, he said, "To be entirely honest with you… I don't know. I got told that there was a process to getting it. Not a complex one many should think… just 2 steps, however I don't know those steps," Gomez chuckled at that and added, "I think it involves his magic, arcane energy. Energy from his body alone," which confused me for a moment, and it seems to have been clear on my face, "Arcane energy, sometimes called mana energy or arcana, is a form of energy that can produce similar things to thaumic energy, but without manipulating any outside energies to follow the law of conservation of energy, which states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed. Arcane energy is a break of that law, so it cannot be outside the user's body without being destroyed instantly. Arcane spells are also a problem, and you will get to see why throughout Brensle's visit to Equestria," Gomez explained and I was sad… unlike thaumic energy, arcane energy doesn't exist outside to body because it breaks a scientific rule… so I asked to best question I really could, "Could thaumic energy translate into arcane energy, if not, is there some way I can use arcane energy?"

And Gomez was caught off guard, before he entered a thoughtful state and said, "Well, outside of thaumic and arcane energy, there is an in between, called thaumcane, but that is a risk you don't want to take. As for the second question, yeah… however I will need to mess with some of your biology… nothing too big, just need to insert an arcane generator within your core to add arcane energy to your thaumic energy, and you will find that you will be able to do things not thought possible for earth ponies. I do have a request however…" Gomez said, giving me a better look at him, "you aren't to tell anypony, aside from your friends and Brensle and his friends, that I told you any of this, even less that I added Arcane energy to you, got it?"

And it was my turn to be thoughtful, if I agree only Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Brensle, Manafetus, Zip, Gary, Lightshine, Minunsle, and Skye will know but if I don't then I'll be able to tell everyone about Gomez, all of Brensle's group knows of him being here, I assume, all of my friends and family know of Gomez, though not by name… I decided that the best option is to agree…

"I agree to your request Gomez, I trust you know what you're doing," and with that statement… The dream ended.