• Published 25th May 2023
  • 1,219 Views, 25 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! and the Ghoul School - ponydog127



The Mane 5 and Misty meet up with Shaggy and Scooby-Doo to help them teach a school full of ghouls.

  • ...
 25
 1,219

Midnight's Music Moment/Farewell to Grimwood

Miss Grimwood, as well as the girls' fathers, were so relieved to see the girls back at the school safe and sound, so they decided to have a huge party in order to celebrate their welcome home... with Midnight as the headliner.

When Pipp asked her to sing on the way home, Midnight sung a tune that her mother sang to her and her sister when they were foals, and Pipp was blown away so much that she was able to convince Midnight to sing at the party. And against her better judgement... Midnight agreed to it.

Don't get me wrong, Midnight loved to sing, as all kirins did... but she had never sung in front of an audience before, and all the worries of what could go wrong filled her head.

How could she go on when she felt like everypony would be keeping their eyes on her all throughout the performance?

XXXXXXXXX

Midnight whimpered to herself as Pipp, Sunny and Izzy helped her with her makeup and bright yellow dress that chosen to wear, alongside a cutie mark pendant Izzy made her, of a microphone with a rainbow coming out of the top of it. “Ponies, I appreciate all you're doing to help me, but I don't know if I can go on... I've never sung in front of anypony else before... especially ghouls and monsters.”

“I know how you feel,” Pipp said as she brushed Midnight's mane and Izzy polished her kirin horn. “Before my very first performance in Zephyr Heights... I had an anxiety attack, wondering if that's really what my cutie mark wanted me to do.”

“Really?” Midnight looked stunned at this. “But... but you're Pipp Petals! One of the best singers I've ever met!”

“Everypony can get stage fright,” Sunny told the kirin. “What matters is how you deal with that fear.”

She turned Midnight around to the mirror to let her look at herself, just as Scrappy peered around the curtain. “They're ready for you, Midnight.”

Sunny then smiled at the kirin, who was taking a deep breath. “So... are you ready?”

“Yeah... I think I am.”

XXXXXXXXX

On the other side of the stage, the curtain slowly began to rise as Matches started the music, which started to come out through speakers around the audience.

I′m feelin' fresh
Like my mane is on fleek
Happiness is all I need
Spreadin′ love from you to me (Uh, uh)

At the end of the final verse, a spotlight shone on Midnight, and everyone in the school for ghouls began to cheer for the reformed kirin, singing one of Pipp's most popular songs.

Somethin' about the way I'm feelin' (Feelin′)
Like everypony got a glow (Whoa oh-oh)
Shinin′ brightly with the power (Power)
To spread the colors of the rainbow (Rainbow)

Then, for the first time in many moons, Midnight used her kirin magic at full force, creating a spectacular rainbow that flew right above the audience.

I got my make-up on
Got that glitter and glam
On this my favorite song
Yeah, they're playin′ my jam
I feel beautiful, I feel powerful
I feel me

I'm feelin′ fresh
Like my mane is on fleek
Happiness is all I need
Spreadin' love from you to me

I′m feelin' fresh
Magic all around my friends
Celebration never ends
Oh, 'cause we always attend

Ooh-hoo-hoo, ooh
I'm my best self, everypony can tell
Ooh-hoo-hoo, ooh
I'm my best self, everypony can tell

That's when Izzy pushed out a mirror-- a prop Midnight wanted to use for one of the verses.

When did this mirror get so gorgeous? (Gorgeous)
Who′s that? Is that me? (Me)

I got my make-up on
Got that glitter and glam
On this my favorite song
Yeah, they're playin′ my jam
I feel beautiful, I feel powerful
I feel me

That's when Midnight leapt down from the stage and started dancing and prancing with the audience... including the girls, Shaggy, Scooby, Scrappy and Misty.

I'm feelin′ fresh
Like my mane is on fleek
Happiness is all I need
Spreadin' love from you to me

I′m feelin' fresh
Magic all around my friends
Celebration never ends
Oh, 'cause we always attend

Ooh-hoo-hoo, ooh
I'm my best self, everypony can tell
Ooh-hoo-hoo, ooh
I'm my best self, everypony can tell

Once the song was over, everyone cheered and congratulated Midnight on a job well done... but one voice stopped all the others... an unfamiliar one too.

“M-Midnight...?”

The kirin in question froze with wide eyes before she turned toward the doors, seeing two familiar kirin standing there. “Mom...? Orchid...?”

“NIGHTY!!!” the younger kirin squealed and barreled into her sister, and gave her the tightest hug as her mother kissed her so many times they lost count. “Oh... oh my baby... we missed you so much...”

“How did you find me...?”

“We followed the music, Nighty!” Orchid spoke up.“It led us right to you!”

Midnight turned to the gratefully smiling Ponies with her own grateful grin. “Thank you... thank you so much... for everything.”

Suddenly, a portal opened up behind them, causing Hitch to sigh. “That's our ride home, everypony.”

“Thank you for everything, Sunny Starscout and friends,” Miss Grimwood said. “Come on, all-- let's five them a real Grimwood send off! A one... a two... and--”

And the last thing the ponies witnessed before thy stepped through the portal was everyone giving them a howl of praises, and as they stepped through, they couldn't wait for the next adventure.

Comments ( 2 )

Nice. Can't wait to see what you will do next.

another adventure complete! Cant wait to see what's next!

Login or register to comment