• Published 25th May 2023
  • 1,219 Views, 25 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! and the Ghoul School - ponydog127



The Mane 5 and Misty meet up with Shaggy and Scooby-Doo to help them teach a school full of ghouls.

  • ...
 25
 1,219

Captured! (Part 1)

After a healthy (rotten for the ghouls) breakfast, Miss Grimwood opened the doors to check the weather conditions and shivered. “Cold, raw, windy, good chance of rain. A perfectly rotten day to be outside. So have a great time, girls.”

“Awooooo!! We will, Miss Grimwood!” said Winnie, riding on Zipp’s back down the front steps. “We’re all ready to go!” Sunny said with a smile. But as Matches was about to go after them toward the van, Miss Grimwood held his tail to keep him back. “Sorry, Matches. You’re staying home with me.”

This made the young dragon groan-- why was he always missing out on the chance to have fun and protect the girls?

“Like, here we go, gang!” Shaggy started up the van, and they began to pull out of the driveway. “Bye, Miss Grimwood!” Elsa called. “Bye, Matches!” Tanis waved farewell. “See you later girls!” Miss Grimwood waved back. “Come along, Matches. We have work to be done.”

But… Matches had a whole other plan up his dragon sleeve by this point.

XXXXXXXX

Meanwhile, later on down the road, Scrappy finally had the chance to turn to Shaggy about their destination, since he himself was doing the navigating. “Gee, Shaggy, where are we going for our field trip?”

“Like, someplace scenic,” Shaggy said, pointing to a particular spot on the map. “Like... right here.”

“That’s Barren Bog!” Sunny realized, seeing that spot on one of the maps before. “Barren Bog?!” Scooby yelped-- that didn’t sound scenic at all! “Sounds fang-tastic,” Sibella grinned. “I'll bet it's crawling with alligators and snakes.”

“A-Alligators? Snakes? Oh no!!” Scooby yelped. “Not to mention quicksand!” Phantasma laughed. “I love quicksand!”

All the while, Zipp pulled out her phone and pressed record. “Note to self-- Shaggy wanting to go to Barren Bog? Completely suspicious and unlike him. More on that later.”

But, Misty on the other hoof, decided now would be as good a time as ever to tell Shaggy and Scooby about their previous encounter with Opaline. “Uh… Scooby?” she tapped the Great Dane’s shoulder, causing the Great Dane to stop panicking about the gators and snakes and give Misty his full attention. “There’s something I should tell you… it’s about Opaline.”

“O-Opaline?” Scooby stammered... he remembered Misty talking about her and all the evil things she made Misty do while she was imprisoned in that castle. “Yeah. The thing is… she found a way to escape her palace a few weeks ago in Warnerstock, and we were able to stop her,” Misty admitted. “But… she could be coming after this world next. So we need to keep a close eye on the girls.”

“Wait a second…” said a voice, and the two turned to see Zipp looking extremely irritated. “You told Scooby about Opaline before you could tell us?!

“I… I didn’t want you guys to worry, and we were already wrapped up in another case,” Misty admitted, not wanting Scooby to get into trouble. “The zombies, remember? I didn't think it was important then, especially when they were about to drain us of our life force.”

“I don’t care about the zombies or that case at the moment, Misty! You told Scooby before you told us, and she was after OUR magic!” Zipp fussed. “...makes me wonder if you really ARE changing.”

“Z-Zipp…” Misty felt her ears pin… Zipp was finally beginning to trust her, and now her trust was falling down the drain again. Scooby whimpered and nuzzled the blue unicorn comfortingly as Scrappy looked back. “Everything okay back there, Uncle Scooby?”

“...everything’s fine for now, Scrappy,” Zipp admitted, sparing a cold glance at Misty for a moment. “Keep directing Shaggy to Barren Bog. We’ll tell you more about it later.”

XXXXXXXX

Meanwhile, the Calloway cadets finally arrived at the Barren Bog, wearing their wilderness survival gear. “Today's hike will take us through swampy terrain,” the colonel stated. “Stay close, men, as we use our survival skills to cross this bog.”

“Yes sir,” Tug stated, but as soon as they began crossing the bog, he fell into a puddle and turned to Grunt, Miguel and Jamal while Baxter went ahead with following the colonel. “The first skill is in ditching the colonel, and finding a dry way out of this swamp.”

“Affirmative,” Jamal agreed, and as soon as they reached a fork in the road, they split off to the other side of it. “These field trips are a real drag,” Miguel said, reading the map, leading Grunt to agree. “And dumb too.”

XXXXXXX

At the same time, the Grimwood gang, Shaggy, the dogs and all the ponies finally arrived at the bog, and the Grimwood girls were beyond excited. “What do we do now, coach?” Tanis asked Shaggy, who thought for a moment before he got an idea. “How about a jog through the bog?”

“Great!” Elsa said, running on ahead. “I’ve got plenty of energy!”

“Wait for me, Elsa!” Tanis ran after her. “And the Doos too!” Scrappy grabbed his uncle, and the two dogs, Izzy and Sunny ran ahead after the girls. “Wait for me!” Misty said, but Zipp flew in front of her. “Hey, uh… why don’t you just stay toward the back? Make sure nopony gets left behind.”

“Oh…” Misty nodded, but did as she asked. “Okay…”

“Awoooooo!! Race you across the bog, Sibella!” Winnie said as she ran ahead, but Sibella managed to shift into her bat form instead. “Then I think I'll stretch my wings instead of my legs.”

She then soared past Winnie, who frowned at seeing her fly past. “Aww, no fair, Sibella! We're supposed to be jogging, not jetting!”

But suddenly, something tripped Winnie and wrapped around one of her legs, forcing the Grim Creeper to come out of hiding. “Gotcha!”

“Boy, do you have the wrong girl! Awoooooooo!!” Winnie kicked the Grim Creeper’s tentacle away, causing him to groan in pain before starting to chase her. “You can't escape the Grim Creeper!”

“Then I guess you've never chased a werewolf before, Creepy!” Winnie broke out into a run, going a little ways before reaching a shack out in the middle of the swamp. “This looks like a great place to hide.”

The she-wolf quickly ducked inside and imitated a faraway howl, causing the Creeper to go past her. “I gave him the slip.”

But as Winnie turned around, she was faced with Revolta’s spider-bats, who wrapped a pair of headphones around her ears, brainwashing her as the Grim Creeper watched maliciously. “One down, five to go! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Right, Midnight?”

But the Creeper saw no kirin with him, and groaned out loud. “Always me to take care of the brat… I better find her before she ruins our plans.”