• Published 11th Jan 2023
  • 402 Views, 20 Comments

Misty's Adventures in Galar - Brian Sheil



A young school girl who's down on her luck is ready to go on a journey in the world of Pokémon

  • ...
 20
 402

PreviousChapters Next
7. Madness in the Mine

Author's Note:

This is Misty's first encounter with the doubtful Bede.

The three friends are at the entrance to the mine where their Pokémon were healed by one of two sisters. They soon entered the mine.

"I can't believe we have to go through this mine to get to Turffield." Firefly grumbled.

"I know it's frustrating, Firefly." Misty replied. "But, at least we have a good view. And, we see plenty of good Pokémon."

As the girls walk along the mine, they saw many interesting Pokémon. Timburr, Diglett, Woobat, Drilbur, and what looks like living pieces of coal. Misty's Pokédex gives her some useful information. Rolycoly, the Coal Pokémon. This Pokémon was first discovered in coal mines hundreds of years ago.

Firefly looked at this Pokémon, and pulled out a Poké Ball.

"There's a good Pokémon for me." Firefly said. "Let's go, Scorbunny!"

Scorbunny popped out and is prepared for battle.

"This doesn't look good." Misty said nervously. "Rock types have an advantage over fire types."

"Don't worry, Misty." Paradise assured. "When you're a Pokémon trainer, you learn how to cover weaknesses."

Rolycoly began to spin fast. Misty got scared. "Looks like it's using Rapid Spin."

"Dodge it, Scorbunny!" Firefly said. After avoiding the spin, the Rabbit Pokémon is ready to fight back. "Now! Use Double Kick!"

Scorbunny kicked Rolycoly hard twice. Firefly then threw a Poké Ball at the Coal Pokémon. The ball struck Rolycoly, and absorbed it. When the ball clicked, Firefly cheered. "Yes! I caught a Rolycoly!"

"Unbelievable." Misty said with shock.

"Fighting moves are effective against rock types." Paradise informed.

Then, they heard a young male voice near the other side of the mine. "I'm not impressed."

The girls then see a young man with light gray hair, wearing a magenta outfit, and white sneakers. Firefly got a bit mad. "What do you mean not impressed? I had a grand experience catching that Rolycoly."

"Who are you?" Paradise asked.

"My name is Bede." The lad replied. "I am endorsed by Chairman Rose to compete in the Pokémon Gym Challenge."

The girls were surprised to hear that. Bede turned his attention to one of the other girls. "I heard about you, Misty Brightdawn. The Galar Region's champion, Leon, had you and his brother endorsed in this event. Big waste of time."

This got Misty angry. "I'd like to show you that I'm no pushover!"

"You want to battle? So be it. We'll have a three on three battle."

"You're on!"

The two trainers prepared themselves for battle.

"My first Pokémon is Solosis!" Bede announced.

Out popped a round green orb containing a strange creature. Misty examined this Pokémon.

Solosis, the Cell Pokémon. The Pokédex said. The liquid surrounding it protects this Pokémon from harsh conditions.

Misty decides to try beginner's luck. "Klink, I choose you!"

Klink came out for a battle. Bede is not impressed. "Solosis, let's start with Confusion!"

Solosis fired a beam at Klink. But, being a steel type, Klink wasn't hit hard. This left Bede a little confused.

"Steel Pokémon can be strong against some types." Misty informed. "Klink, use Charge Beam."

Klink fired an electrical blast at Solosis. The beam hit the Cell Pokémon good as Misty followed up on that attack. "Now, use Vice Grip!"

The two gears rushed in and squished Solosis. The Cell Pokémon soon fainted. Bede recalled Solosis and called another Pokémon. "Your turn, Gothita."

Out comes a black and light purple doll like creature with white bows on it. Misty studies this creature.

Gothita, the Fixation Pokémon. The Pokédex said. Sometimes Gothita can see things other beings can't.

"Klink, return." Misty said as she calls on another Pokémon. "Vulpix, I choose you."

The moment Vulpix came out, Bede gives out a command. "Quick, Gothita. Pound!"

Gothita gives a whack to Vulpix's head. Bede is very confident. "You have no chance against me. Gothita, Psybeam!"

Gothita unleashed a beam of white energy. Misty quickly reacted. "Dodge, then use Incinerate!"

After dodging the Psybeam, Vulpix breathed fire and engulfed Gothita. The Fixation Pokémon soon fainted.

"Gothita, return." Bede said. He then took out a third Poké Ball. "Not bad for a newbie, Misty. But, here comes my third Pokémon. Hattena, you're up."

Out popped a creature of many pastel colors and what looks like a hat over it's eyes.

"Careful, Misty." Paradise advised. "That's a Hatenna, the Calm Pokémon."

Misty's Pokédex comes alive. Hatenna, the Calm Pokémon. It can sense emotions. If you're not calm, it won't warm up to you.

Misty decides to switch up her strategy. "Vulpix, Return. Rookidee, I choose you."

Bede is not impressed. "That little Rookidee doesn't look that threatening to me."

"Don't be so sure." Misty replied. "Rookidee, Quick Attack."

Rookidee gave a hard strike on Hatenna. Bede didn't like that. "Strike back with Disarming Voice!"

Hatenna sang loudly. But, Rookidee flew above the singing.

"Okay, Rookidee." Misty said. "Use Pluck!"

Diving beak first, Rookidee pecked at Hatenna. When the Calm Pokémon fainted, Bede was surprised.

"For a little bird," Bede admitted, "it packs a powerful punch. Hatenna, return."

Bede recalled Hatenna, and begins to leave. "We'll meet again, Miss Brightdawn."

As Bede leaves, Misty went over to her Pokémon friend. "I'm proud of you, Rookidee. Good work."

Rookidee felt proud. Just then, it glowed. Misty got concerned. Firefly realized what's going on. "I think Rookidee is evolving."

Rookidee was surrounded by a glowing light. It soon got bigger. When the glow faded, Rookidee was replaced by a big blue and black bird.

"This is a great moment, Misty." Paradise praised. "Rookidee evolved into a Corvisquire."

Misty used her Pokédex to study her new friend. Corvisquire, the Raven Pokémon and the evolved form of Rookidee. Corvisquire can use items to use as tools.

She was so happy, she gave her new friend a hug. "Congratulations, Corvisquire."

The Raven Pokémon felt happy to be praised by it's trainer. Minutes later, the three girls left the mine. Soon, they see a village in the distance.

"There it is!" Firefly cheered. "Turffield. The sight of Gym Battle number one."

Misty agreed. "Let's go, girls. Time for me to earn my first badge."

Meanwhile, in Kalos, Sting made his way through Santalune Forest, and sees Santalune City in the distance.

"I made it." Sting cheered. "Once I heal my Pokémon, I'll do a little training. Then, I'll challenge the Gym leader, Viola, to a battle for a Gym Badge."

End of Chapter 7


MISTY
Sobble
Corvisquire
Mudbray
Vulpix
Klink

FIREFLY
Scorbunny
Grubbin
Rolycoly

PARADISE
Grookey
Zigzagoon (Galarian)
Yamper

PreviousChapters Next