• Published 11th Jan 2023
  • 401 Views, 20 Comments

Misty's Adventures in Galar - Brian Sheil



A young school girl who's down on her luck is ready to go on a journey in the world of Pokémon

  • ...
 20
 401

PreviousChapters Next
44. Championship Cup Semi Finals-Misty vs. Bea

Author's Note:

,isty is facing the Galar Karate girl. AGAIN.

After watching the Quarterfinals, Misty and her friends returned to the Pokémon Center to heal her Pokémon. She thought of a strategy to defeat her next opponent. This means switching her Pokémon. The next day, the stadium is filled again as Misty makes her way to face the barefoot fighter, Bea.

"Here we go, folks." MC Brian announced. "The Semi Finals are all set to go as Misty Brightdawn faces the Stow in Side gym leader: Bea in another five on five battle,"

"Prepare yourself, Misty." Bea said. "Here is your first opponent. Go, Hawlucha!"

Out comes a humanoid bir with what looks like a mask on its head. Misty pulls out her Pokédex.

Hawlucha, the Wrestling Pokémon. The Pokédex said.This Pokémon shows off intimidating poses before launching attacks.

Misty is surprised. "I never saw you have a Hawlucha before,"

"I brought some new Pokémon for this tournament." Bede explained. "Hawlucha is one of them."

"In that case, I choose Ninetales!"

Ninetales comes out and is ready for battle.

"Hawlucha," Bea said, "use Karate Chop!'

Swiftly, Hawlucha chopped on Ninetales. Misty got worried. Bea makes another move. "Follow it up with Flying Press!"

Hawlucha jumped up, ready to crush Ninetales. Misty quickly reacted. "Ninetales, Confuse Ray!"

Ninetales' eyes glowed red. Hawlucha gell for the spell and flipped on its back hard.

"Okay, Ninetales." Misty said. "Use Flamethrower!"

Ninetales breathed fire. Between the heat and self inflicted injury, Hawlucha quickly fainted.

"Hawlucha is unable to battle." The referee announced" Ninetales wins.."

"Misty scores first as Bea's Hawlucha is sent back to the dressing room." Brian announced.

"Return, Hawlucha." Bea said as she recalled her Pokémon. She makes another choice. "Here's your second opponent. Go, Grapploct!"

Out pops an octopus type fighter. Misty pulls out her Pokédex.

Grapploct, the Jujitsu Pokémon. The Pokédex said. It's many muscles makes the grappling from it's tentacles stronger.

"Go, Ninetales!" Misty said. "Confuse Ray."

As Ninetales prepares it's move, Bea quickly reacted. "Not this time. Grapploct, use Octozooka!"

Grapploct fired ink at Ninetales' eyes. With the Fox Pokémon blinded, Bea followed up. "Now, use Octolock!"

Grapploct squeezes Ninetales with it's tentacles. The ink from Octozooka weakened Ninetales enough for Octolock to finish it off.

"Ninetales is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Grapploct wins."

"Now the sides are even as Misty's Ninetales is defeated." Brian said to the crowd.

After recalling Ninetales, Misty looked at Grapploct, wondering who to send out next. Then, she made a choice. "Meowstic, you're up!"

Bea saw Meowstic, but is not impressed. "That Pokémon looks too weak. Grapploct, Brick Break!"

With one if it's tentacles glowing, Grapploct charged at Meowstic. Misty struck hard. "Meowstic, use Psyshock!"

Meowstic fired a blast if psychic energy at Grapploct. Bring tired from grappling Ninetales, Grapploct fainted.

"Grapploct is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Meowstic wins!"

"Return, Grapploct." Bea said. She then turned to her opponent, "You must've trained hard for this, Misty. Your Meowstic is very powerful,"

"Thank you, Bea." Misty replied.

Bea makes her next choice. "Psychic powers won't work on this one. Here's a Pokemon you might remember. Go, Sirfetch'd!"

Sirfetch'd comes out with it's leek type sword and shield. Misty remembers that Sirfetch'd has traits of Dark types.

"Meowstic, return." Misty said. She makes her next choice. "Dragapult, Go!"

Bea sees this Pokémon, and is shocked. "Dragapult, the Stealth Pokémon?"

"Impressed, huh?" Misty asked.

"We'll still beat it. Sirfetch'd, use Leaf Blade!"

Sirfetch'd raised his leek, and struck Dragapult. Bea then followed it up. "Now, use Brutal Swing!"

Glowing with dark energy, Sirfetch'd charged for his target.

"Dragapult," Misty called out, "dodge using Phantom Force!"

Dragapult sinks into the ground before Brutal Swing connects. Sirfetch'd looks around for his target. Suddenly, Dragapult appears and strikes hard.

"Use your new move, Dragapult." Misty said proudly. "Dragon Darts!"

Dragapult fired a pair of Dreepys like missiles. Sirfetch'd got hit, then fainted.

"Sirfetch'd is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Dragapult wins."

"Check it out." Brian said. "Dragapult's Dragon Darts are right on target!"

Paradise and Firefly were cheering happily as Bea recalled Sirfetch'd. She then makes a surprising choice. "Go, Falinks!"

A Falinks comes out. It's heads separated into individual beings before reconnecting.

"A Falinks?" Misty wondered. "Doesn't look like much."

"My Falinks will surprise you." Bea replied.

"Dragapult, use Dragon Pulse!"

Dragapult energized with dragon energy. But, Bea pulled off a big surprise. "Falinks, use Megahorn!"

Straightening out and extending it's horn, Falinks charged through the energy and struck Dragapult. The ghostly dragon soon fainted.

"Dragapult is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Falinks wins!"

"Pretty good use of bug energy." Brian said as Misty recalled Dragapult. "How will Misty come back from this?"

Misty pulls out another Poké Ball. "Like this! Go, Inteleon!"

Inteleon is ready for action. So is Bea. "Falinks, use Headbutt!"

Falinks rushes to strike Inteleon. Misty has her own idea. "Inteleon, use Water Pulse!"

Inteleon shot a geyser of water at Falinks. Much to Bea's horror, the blast left Falinks confused as it's heads scattered.

"Let's wrap it up, Inteleon!" Misty said. "Use Snipe Shot!"

Inteleon struck Falinks with it's watery bullets. It wasn't long before the Formation Pokémon fainted.

"Falinks is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Inteleon wins!"

"That's an amazing comeback for Misty." Brian said happily. "Now, Bea is down to her last Pokémon."

Bea recalled her Pokémon, and prepared her best choice.

"Remember when you and Corvisquire faced my Machamp?" Bea asked.

"I certainly do." Misty replied.

"It's time for a rematch! Go, Machamp!"

Bea's four armed Pokémon looks ready. Misty just smiled.

"You must've read my mind." Misty said as she recalled Inteleon. "Let's get it on. Go, Corviknight!"

Corviknight flies up and is ready. Bea recalled her Machamp. The Poké Ball grew, and Bea threw it in the air. Machamp came out into his Gigantamax form. Believing that this is Bea's last Pokémon, Misty recalled Inteleon, energized her Poké Ball, and threw it in the air, Corviknight grew gigantic as well.

"Time to end this in one shot." Bea announced. "Machamp, G-Max Chi Strike!"

Energizing, Machamp unleashed a powerful punch. Even though Corviknight was hit, Misty had faith in her Pokémon.

"Let's strike back, Corviknight." Misty said. "Use Max Steelspike!"

Corviknight made metal spikes appear and strike Machamp. She quickly followed it up. "Now, use Max Airstream!"

Corviknight made a powerful tornado appear. It struck down on Machamp. The Superpower Pokémon soon shrunk, then fainted.

"Machamp is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Corviknight wins. The winner of this Semi Final match is Misty Brightdawn!!"

"There you have it," Brian announced. "Misty now moves in to face the winner of today's 2nd battle."

After shrinking back down, Corviknight was congratulated by Misty. Bea recalls Machamp and watched this scene.

You did well, Misty. Bea thought. You have one more opponent to face before facing Leon.

Later, Misty sat with Opaline and Squirk to watch the battle between Piers and Raihan. Obstagoon soon shrunk and fainted.

"Obstagoon is unable to battle." The female referee announced. "Duraludon wins. The winner of this Semi Final match is Raihan!"

Everyone watched this action. Opaline got Misty's attention. "There's your last obstacle before battling Leon. I hope you're prepared."

Misty looks on with concern. Meanwhile, in Kalos, Sting reached his destination: Snowbelle City.

"Excellent. I made it." Sting said to himself. "Now, to rest up for my gym battle with Wulfric tomorrow."

End of Chapter 44


MISTY
Inteleon
Corviknight
Drakloak
Meiwstic
Ninetales
Klinklang

At the Sanctuary
Chandelure
Barbaracle
Grimmsnarl
Drifblim
Centiskorch
Mudsdale
Frossmoth

FIREFLY
Cinderace
Vikavolt
Coalossal
Toxtricity
Braviary
Wailmer

PARADISE
Rillaboom
Obstagoon
Boltund
Drednaw
Polteageist
Vanillish

PreviousChapters Next