• Published 11th Jan 2023
  • 407 Views, 20 Comments

Misty's Adventures in Galar - Brian Sheil



A young school girl who's down on her luck is ready to go on a journey in the world of Pokémon

  • ...
 20
 407

PreviousChapters Next
30. Path to Spikemuth

Author's Note:

Time for Misty to head for her next stop: Spikemuth.

The three girls are walking along Route 9 hoping to reach Spikemuth for Misty's seventh gym battle. On the way, Misty encountered a girl who sent out her Barraskewda. Misty brought out her Drifloon. The battle wasn't easy. But, Misty went for the final blow.

"Drifloon," Misty said, "finish this with Ominous Wind!"

Drifloon blew dark winds on Barraskewda. The water Pokémon quickly fainted.

"I guess the tide was against me." The girl said while calling back her Barraskewda. "That was a great battle. By the way, looks like your Drifloon is evolving."

Sure enough, the Drifloon glowed, then grew bigger. When the glowing stopped out came a large purple balloon like creature with four ribbon like arms. Misty was excited as she takes out her Pokédex. "My Drifloon evolved into a Drifblim!”

Drifblim, the Blimp Pokémon and the evolved form of Drifloon. Said the Pokédex. Sometimes hard for observant people because they suddenly disappear.

"Sorry to interrupt your Pokédex use, Misty." Firefly said. "But, look!"

Misty saw what's going on. Two things of Team Yell confronted a man wearing a medical mask. It was the very man who gave Misty the Rotom bike. She decides to step up.

"Team Yell!" Misty said. "Don't you guys ever quit?"

"No way, love!" The thin thug said. "Not when we cheer our darling Marnie to victory."

The fat thug steps up. "Nobody will approach Spikemuth. And, that's that!"

"Try and stop us, you creeps!" Misty shouted.

The thin thug steps forward. "Okay, let's see if a Pokémon battle can decide this. Let's go, Linoone!"

The Rushing Pokémon comes out. Misty calls for her Pokémon. "Mudsdale, I choose you."

Mudsdale came out. The thug quickly made his move. "Linoone, use Snarl!"

Linoone snarled loudly. Misty and Mudsdale weren't backing down. "Mudsdale, use Double Kick!"

With swift kicks, Mudsdale defeated Linoone quickly. The thug recalled his Linoone and made another choice. "Try to handle this! Go, Pangoro!"

Pangoro comes out. Being partially a fighting type, this Pokémon would have an advantage. Misty recalled her Mudsdale and called her next choice. "Let's go, Corviknight!"

Corviknight's armor like body shined beautifully as it comes out. The thug is not impressed. "Go, Pangoro! Use Arm Thrust!"

Pangoro rushes in with one of it's arms glowing. Misty reacted. "Dodge, then use Drill Peck!"

After dodging the Arm Thrust, Corviknight spins wildly while delivering a drill Peck attack. Pangoro was hit hard, then fainted. The thug recalls Linoone as his partner pointed to something. "Hey! We can ride on that Dreadnaw back to Spikemuth."

"Good idea." The thin thug replied. "Let's scram!"

The Team Yell thugs hopped on the Dreadnaw and floated away. The man soon saw the girls.

"I remember you guys." The man said. "You saved me on that bridge overlooking Hammerlock. How's the bike I gave you, Miss Brightdawn?"

"It's great." Misty replied. "I even let my two pals here try out the bike."

"She's right." Paradise said, "I used the bike one night so that me and Firefly can ride into the Wild Area and pump up our Pokémon."

"Well, ladies." The man said. "May I have the bike back for a minute?"

Confused, Misty gave back her foldable bike to a medical man. He fiddled with it for a minute. Then, he has finished.

"Now, your battle can adjust to ride on the water." The man said as he handed Musty back her bike. "Farewell.'

The man leaves as Firefly looks at something in the water.

"Hey, Misty." Firefly said. “How about taking me out on the water? LOOK!"

Firefly pointed to a small whale in the water. Misty was shocked to see this critter. "It's a Wailmer, the Ball Whale Pokémon."

Misty's Pokédex comes alive with information. Wailmer, the Ball Whale Pokémon. When it fills up with water, it bounces on the water surface.

Paradise looked a little nervous. "I think I'll stay here. The water doesn't scare me. But, I'm afraid that some nasty Pokémon may come out to hurt me."

"She's right." Firefly added. "While we went rafting one day, she was jumped by a Tentacruel. She still shudders thinking of all of them tentacles wrapped around her body."

Misty then takes out one of her Poké balls, and calls for her Morgrem. "Morgrem, make sure Paradise doesn't hurt herself."

Taking a stance for Fake Surrender, Morgrem launches his hair and wraps around Paradise.

"Don't worry, Paradise." Misty assured. "Morgrem will take care of you."

Paradise looks at Morgrem and realized that Misty is right. "Okay, Misty. I'll try to relax."

Misty rode off into the water with Firefly in the back. When they approach the Wailmer, Firefly knew who to send out. "Let's go, Toxtricity!"

Toxtricity comes out. Just then, Wailmer shoots a Water Gun attack.

"Dodge, then use Nuzzle." Firefly calls out.

Avoiding the spout, Toxtricity sparks off Wailmer, causing paralysis. Wailmer still fights back. Suddenly, Toxtricity shoots a powerful electric attack.

"Looks like Toxtricity learned Discharge."Firefly figured.

"Now's your chance. Use a Poké Ball." Misty added.

Firefly takes out a blue Poké Ball. "This Lure Ball I found should do it. Lure Ball, GO!"

The Lure Ball connected to Wailmer and absorbed it. After a few shakes, the ball clicked.

"I got a Wailmer!" Firefly cheered. "Now, my belt is full."

Misty was very proud of her friend. After returning to Circhester to heal their Pokémon, the girls prepared for their next stop.

"Sorry I had to have Morgrem tie you up, Paradise." Misty said sadly

"I can't blame you." Paradise replied. "Bad memories can make one panic."

After calling her newly acquired Wailmer, Firefly climbed aboard. Misty and Paradise climbed aboard too.

"Onward to Spikemuth, Wailmer." Firefly said proudly.

The Ball Whale Pokémon carried the three girls to their next destination. Meanwhile, in Laverre City in Kalos, Sting and a Scolipede faced Valerie's Sylveon.

"Let's finish this, Scolipede." Sting said. "Poison Tail!"

Scolipede's tail glowed a bright purple before striking Sylveon. This fairy form of Eevee succumbed to the poison, and fainted.

"Sylveon is unable to battle." A female referee announced. "Scolipede is the winner. The winner of the gym battle is Sting!"

"Nice work, Scolipede!" Sting cheered as he comforted his insect Pokémon. After recalling her Pokémon, gym leader Valerie walked up to Sting.

"The way you directed your Pokémon is something fascinating." Valerie praised. "You truly earned the Fairy Badge."

Sting proudly accepted his sixth badge. After leaving the gym, he knows where to go next. "Next stop: Anistar City!"

End of Chapter 30


MISTY
Mudsdale
Inteleon
Morgrem
Corviknight
Drifblim
Snom

At the sanctuary
Klang
Litwick
Meowstic
Barbaracle
Ninetales
Centiskorch

FIREFLY
Cinderace
Vikavolt
Carkol
Toxtricity
Rufflet
Wailmer

PARADISE
Rillaboom
Obstagoon
Boltund
Drednaw
Sinistea

PreviousChapters Next