• Published 11th Jan 2023
  • 401 Views, 20 Comments

Misty's Adventures in Galar - Brian Sheil



A young school girl who's down on her luck is ready to go on a journey in the world of Pokémon

  • ...
 20
 401

PreviousChapters Next
42. Championship Cup Warm up: Misty vs. Bede

Author's Note:

Before Misty battles in the tournament, and old rival challenges her.

The next day, the stadium is filled to the brim with people. This includes Paradise, Firefly, Squirk, and Opaline. Soon, the Galar champion, Leon, steps out to address the crowd.

"Hello, everyone." Leon said happily. "Today starts the great tournament, Eight trainers will be battling in this arena. The winner will face me in a final battle."

The crowd cheered happily. Leon then introduced the first two trainers. "First to step into battle, with eight badges in her possession that allowedhrr to be here: Misty Brightdawn!"

Misty walks out in her challenger outfit, receiving cheers from the crowd. Just then, a young voice was heard. "Hold everything please!"

To everybody's surprise, Bede runs out to the stadium wearing what looks like a uniform from Ballonea.

"Bede?" Misty gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"Sorry for interrupting this event." Bede explained. "But, I would like to battle you."

Everyone gasped to hear this announcement. Bede explained his appearance. "During my time with Miss Opal, I have learned about myself in ways I never imagined. It's true Miss Oleana had me gathering wishing stars. I thought I was doing Chairman Rose a favor. Nobody told me what the wishing stars were really needed for."

"I had a battle with Oleana." Misty said. "I don't think even SHE knows what Rose is up to."

"I guess the chairman is more mysterious than I thought." Bede then asked Misty for a favor. "I would like to see how well you've come."

After thinking about this for a minute, Misty comes to a decision. "You got yourself a battle!"

The crowd cheered as the combatants prepared for battle.

"Let's make this a four on four battle." Bede suggested.

"Fine by me," Misty replied. "You pick first."

"I choose Mawile!"

Mawile came out. Misty makes her choice. "Ninetales, go!"

Ninetales came out for battle. Bede made the first move. "Mawile, use Headbutt!"

Mawile rushed in and hit Ninetales hard. Bede decided to follow it up. "Now, use Crunch!"

The Deceiver Pokémon's jaws on her head opened wide. Misty reacted quickly. "Ninetales, use Flamethrower!"

Recovering from Headbutt, Ninetales breathed fire on Mawile. The Deceiver Pokémon soon fainted.

"Mawile is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Ninetales wins."

"Return, Mawile." Bede said. He then tuned to his opponent. "I applaud your knowledge. Remembering that Mawile is partially a steel type, it's vulnerable to fire moves."

"Thank you." Misty replied.

"Let's see how you handle this. Go, Gardevoir!"

Out came a green and white creature that looks like it's wearing a gown.

"It's a Gardevoir." Misty said as she pulls out her Pokédex. "The Embrace Pokémon."

The Pokédex comes alive with information. Gardevoir, the Embrace Pokémon. It's very protective of it's trainer.

Misty decides to change her strategy. She recalled her Ninetales and brought out her next choice. "Corviknight, let's go!"

Corviknight comes out to battle.

"Go, Corviknight." Misty calls out. "Use Drill Peck!"

Corviknight spuns like a drill to Gardevoir. Bede quickly reacted. "Gardevoir, use Psychic!"

Gardevoir soon stopped Corviknight from spinning. Misty was shocked to see this.

"I picked up a few tricks while under Opal's teaching," Bede said. "Now, Disarming Voice!"

Gardevoir sanf loudly but beautifully. Misty called out to her Pokémon. "Corviknight, try flying up."

Gathering it's thoughts, Corviknight flew away from the singing. Misty soon followed it up. "Okay, Corviknight. Use Steel Wing!"

Corviknight's wings shined like metal. Itbstruck down in Gardevoir. The Embrace Pokémon soon fainted.

"Gardevoir is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Corviknight wins."

Bede recalled Gardevoir. Instead of being bitter, he started to be honorable.

"Thinking on your feet is a great tool for a trainer." Bede said as he pulls out his next Poké Ball. "I hope you have your Pokédex ready. You'll need it to learn about this Pokémon. Go, Rapidash!"

Out came a white horse with lavender mane and tail. Also lavender fur on its leg and a horn on its forehead.

"Looks like Bede's Ponyta evolved." Misty said as she pulls out her Pokédex.

Rapidash: Galarian from, the Unique Horn Pokémon and the evolved form of the Galarian Ponyta. The Pokédex said. After evolving, it's Psycho Cut is very powerful.

Seeing her Corviknight exhausted, Misty recalls him and brings out her next choice. "Go, Inteleon!"

Bede looked at Inteleon closely. He remembers it when it was a Sobbke. Then, as a Drizzile. He then got determined. "I was wondering when your partner would show up. Rapidash, use Psycho Cut!"

Rapidash unleashed a line of psychic energy at Inteleon. The Secret Agent Pokémon hot hit. Misty was thankful that Inteleon is still standing.

Wow. Bede has improved since Opal took him in. Misty thought. But, not even he can stop me from advancing in this tournament. "Inteleon, Snipe Shot!"

Inteleon fired water bullets at Rapidash. But, Bede was ready. "Rapidash, use Psychic on those water bits!'

Rapidash used it's energy to stop Snipe Shot. But, Misty has another trick. "Inteleon, use Sucker Punch!"

With it's hands glowing with black energy, Inteleon gave a good punch to Rapidash. Being a psychic type, the dark energy was super effective, causing Rapidash to faint.

"Rapidash is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Inteleon wins!"

"Rapidash, return." Bede said, recalling his Pokémon. He then pulls out another Poké Ball. "Here's my fourth and final Pokémon. Stop this if you can. Go, Hatterene!"

Out pops what looks like a pink and teal witch. Misty then pulls out her Pokédex. "Hattrem evolved too."

Hatterene, the Silent Pokémon and the evolved form of Hattrem. Said the Pokédex.If you're too loud near this Pokémon, it will rip you apart with it's claws.

Getting an idea, Misty recalls Inteleon, and calls for her next choice. "Klinklang, you're up!"

The gear Pokémon comes out. Suddenly, Bede recalls Hatterene. His Poké Ball grew, then he threw it up in the air. Hatterene popped out and gew gigantic. It looks a little creature in a giant gown.

"Upping the ante, huh!" Misty asked.

"You catch on fast." Bede replied. "It is my last Pokémon after all.'

Misty then recalled Klinklang. Her Poké Ball grew and she threw it in the air. "Dynamax!"

Her Klinklang grew gigantic. Bede made the first strike. "Hatterene, use G-Max Smite!"

Hatterene energized and fired a beam at Klinklang. It looked like it's confused. Misty hopes it can still help. "Klinklang, try using Max Lightning."

Klinklang tried to shock Hatterene. But, it shocked itself. Fortunately for Misty, the shock broke off the confusion. This got Bede nervous.

"Okay, Klinklang." Misty said happily. "Use Max Steelspike!"

Klinklang made some metal spikes come from the ground, and struck Hatterene. The hit caused this Pokémon to faint then shrink.

"Hatterene is unable to battle." The referee announced. Klinklang wins. The winner of this battle is Misty Brightdawn!"

The crowd cheered as Bede recalled Hatterene. After Misty recalled Klinklang, she was approached by Bede.

"I may have lost," Bede said, "but I'm not upset. I can see why Miss Opal passed the title of Ballonea gym leader to me,"

"You're a gym leader now?" Misty said. "Wow! Maybe now you'll get better respect as a gym leader than being Rose and Oleana's fall guy."

"I guess you're right." Bede then shakes Misty's hand in friendship. "Good luck in this tournament."

As Bede leaves the arena, Misty is now given an hour to rest before the tournament begins. She looks at the bracket for this event. It's Misty vs. Nessa, Gordie vs. Bea, Piers vs Kabu, and Raihan vs. Milo. How far will Misty go in this tournament?

There's plenty of excitement ahead in our next episode,

End of Chapter 42


MISTY
Inteleon
Corviknight
Klinklang
Ninetales
Drakloak
Mudsdale

At the Sanctuary
Chandelure
Barbaracle
Meiwstic
Grimmsnarl
Drifblim
Centiskorch
Frossmoth

FIREFLY
Cinderace
Vikavolt
Coalossal
Toxtricity
Braviary
Wailmer

PARADISE
Rillaboom
Obstagoon
Boltund
Dreadnaw
Polteageist
Vanillish

PreviousChapters Next