• Published 11th Jan 2023
  • 407 Views, 20 Comments

Misty's Adventures in Galar - Brian Sheil



A young school girl who's down on her luck is ready to go on a journey in the world of Pokémon

  • ...
 20
 407

PreviousChapters Next
24. Gym Battle 5-Misty vs. Opal

Author's Note:

Getting her composer back, Misty is ready for her 5th gym battle.

The next day, Misty and her friends made their way to the Ballonea Stadium for Misty's fifth gym battle. While Firefly and Paradise made their way to the stands, Misty changed into her Challenger outfit. She was then lead by Alex to a table where Opal herself is waiting.

"You're the Gym Mission?" Misty gasped.

"Believe it or not, yes." Opal replied. "I am looking for someone to take over my gym duties. I feel I should leave the spotlight."

"What's this to do with the Gym battle?"

"I would like to ask you a few questions to see if you're Gym leader material."

This is a big thing for Misty. She decided to go along with it. "Okay, let's do this."

Opal asked Misty her first question. "Which color is my favorite? Pink or Purple?"

"Well, you do wear a bit of Pink." Misty replied. "But, my answer is purple."

"That is correct!" Opal praised. "Here's the next one. What am I known as? The Magic user or the Wizard?"

"Seeing as how you're very knowledgeable," Misty replied, "I'd say The Wizard."

"Very good. Now, your last question. How old am I? Sixteen or in my 80s?"

Misty thought of how she'll answer. She gave her response. "16."

Opal smiled. "Good answer. Now, one more test."

"What's that?"

"The gym battle. I'll see you in the arena."

Opal makes her way to the arena. Misty hopes that the Pokémon she chose will help her win. Inside the stadium, the crowd awaits the battle. Out steps a lovely lady with flowing blue hair and wearing a sky blue dress and white shoes.

"Greetings, my friends." The woman said with an elegant British tone. "Welcome to Ballonea Stadium. My name is Sparkler and I'm your MC for this event."

Sparkler soon points to the right. "In this corner, the elderly lady who is surprisingly strong. The fairy Pokémon user: Opal!"

As Opal approaches the arena, she turns to Sparkler. "Watch who you're calling elderly, young whippersnapper!"

Sparkler got a bit nervous. She regained her composure and pointed to the left. "In this corner, a brave young girl from Canterlot City. With four badges in her possession, here's Misty Brightdawn!"

Misty walks out and received the ovation of the crowd. This includes her friends, Firefly and Paradise, and her watchful guardians, Opaline and Squirt. A woman with curly brown hair and wearing a ruffled blue shirt and flowing teal skirt walk in to greet the trainers.

"This will be a four on four battle." The woman explained. "This battle is over when all Pokémon on either side is defeated. Also, the challenger is the only one to substitute Pokémon."

Opal made her choice. "My first Pokémon is Weezing!"

Out popped two connecting purple balls with smokestacks on its head. Curious, Misty pulls out her Pokedex.

Weezing, the Poison Gas Pokemon. The Pokédex said. In Galar, the smokestacks on it's head puffs out clean air, despite being a Poison type.

Misty makes her first choice. "Let's go. Meowstic!"

Meowstic pops out, ready for action.

"That won't help you, my dear." Opal said. "Weezing, use Fairy Wind!"

Weezing blew a white sparkling wind at Meowstic, Misty reacted. "Meowstic, use Disarming Voice."

Meowstic sang loudly and beautifully. This affected Weezing.

"Not bad." Opal praised. "Try this on for size. Weezing, use Sludge attack!"

The Poison Gas Pokémon spewed globs of poison at Meowstic.

"Dodge! " Misty called out. "Then, use Psybeam!"

After avoiding the Sludge. Meowstic fired a beam if psychic energy. This was super effective against poison types as Weezing soon fainted.

"Weezing is unable to battle." The female referee announced. "Meowstic wins."

"With a powerful Psybeam attack," Sparkler said, "Misty makes her presence felt."

"Return, Weezing." Opal said as she recalled her Pokémon. She then takes out another Poké Ball. "Psychic powers won't stop this. Go, Mawile!"

Out pops a yellow creature with a big jaw on its head. Misty grabbed her Pokédex and studied this creature.

Mawile, the Deceiver Pokémon. The Pokédex said. Don't be distracted by it's cute smile. It can suddenly attack with the jaws on it's head.

Having an idea, Misty prepares herself. "Meowstic, return." She then makes her next choice. "Let's go, Centiskorch."

A Centiskorch pops out. In the stands, Opaline and Squirk watch with interest.

"So, that Sizzlipede she caught in Monostoke evolved." Opaline said.

"This should be interesting indeed." Squirk added.

"Mawile, use Bite!" Opal called out.

The jaws on Mawile's head are ready to clamp down until Misty reacted. "Quick, Centiskorch. Flame Wheel!"

Centiskorch rolled up into a wheel iof fire and tooled toward Mawile. The Deceiver Pokémon got hit hard, and then fainted.

"Mawile is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Centiskorch wins!"

"In a blaze of glory," Sparkler said, " Centiskorch tools over the competition."

"Return, Mawile." Opal said as she turns to Misty. "Very clever, my dear. Knowing my Mawile is partially a steel type, you figured he's vulnerable to fire moves."

"Thank you." Misty replied.

"Now, here's my third Pokémon. Go, Togekiss!"

Out pops a white flying creature with red and blue marks. Misty studies this beautiful Pokémon.

Togekiss, the Jubilee Pokémon. The Pokédex said. It like to spread joy and peace everywhere.

"I'd love to have a Togekiss." Paradise said in the stands.

"Only if you catch it as a Togepi." Firefly suggested.

"Let's keep going, Centiskorch." Misty said. "Flame Wheel."

As Centiskorch fires up, Opal quickly reacts. "This should cool you off, dearie. Togekiss, Air Slash!"

Flapping it's wings, Togekiss blows Centiskorch to the wall behind Misty. The impact made the Radiator Pokémon faint.

"Centiskorch is unable to battle." The referee announced."Togekiss wins."

"This is a heartbreaker."Sparkler said. "Will young Misty Brightdawn recover from this loss?"

After recalling Centiskorch, Misty pulls out another Poké Ball. "I sure will. Klink, let's go!"

Klink comes out, ready for battle. Opal doesn't look impressed with the size of this Pokémon. "Togekiss, Sky Attack!"

Togekiss flew fast at Klink. Misty reacted quickly. "Klink, use Discharge!"

The Gear Pokémon energized , and fired an electric shock to Togekiss.

"Follow it up with Gear Grind!" Misty called out..

Klink launched two gears at it's opponent. The gears grinded at Togekiss. The Jubilee Pokémon soon fainted.

"Togekiss is unable to battle" The referee announced. "Klink wins!"

"Yeah!" Misty cheered. "Good work, Klink."

Suddenly, Klink started to glow. That means it's evolving. Klink started to grow. From the glow emerged two gears connected. Difference is one of the gears is bigger than the other.

"This is amazing." Sparkler said to the crowd. "Klink just evolved into a Klang."

Misty pulls out her Pokédex. It gives her some information. Klang, the Gear Pokémon and the evolved form of Klink. Comprises of one mini gear and one bigger gear. It can launch the mini gear at does.

After recalling Togekiss, Opal praised Misty on this moment. "Very impressive evolution, dearie." She then pulls out a Poké Ball. "Now, here's my fourth and final Pokémon. Go, Alcremie!"

Out pops a living lump of cream. Misty learned of this Pokémon.

Alcremie, the Cream Pokémon. The Pokédex said. It can take on different colors depending on the berry it has.

Misty decides to stick with Klang. Suddenly, Opal bursted with excitement. "My morning tea just kicked in! Let's take this to the next level!"

Opal recalled her Alcremie.Her band made her ball grow. Then, the fairy trainer made her move. "Gigantimax!"

Alcremie came back out and grew into a giant multi layered cake.

"If only that party girl, Pinkie Pie, saw this." Firefly said from the stands. "Her sweet tooth would go into overdrive."

Misty recalled Klang. Her band made her Poké Ball grow. "Let's do this, Klang. Dynamax!"

Klang grew gigantic too. Misty made the first move. "Klang, Max Lightning!"

The Gear Pokémon unleashed an electric shock. Alcremie got hit, but not hurt.

" All of this cream makes good insulation" Opal said. "Alcremie, G Max Finale!"

Alcremie unleashed a burst of Fairy energy at Klang. Being a steel type, Klang wasn't effected that much. Misty strikes back. "Let's do this, Klang. Max Steelspike!"

Klang made pointed metal appear on the ground. The spikes soon struck Alcremie. Soon, the Gigantimax wore off as Alcremie fainted.

"Alcremie us unable to battle." The referee announced. "Klang wins. The winner of this Gym Battle is Misty Brightdawn!"

"With a powerful steel move," Sparkler said, "Misty bested the Gigantimax Alcremie. Now. Misty lives happily ever after"

Klang shrank back to normal as Misty cheered for her Pokémon. Opal recalled Alcremie and approached Misty.

"I applaud your victory, Miss Brightdawn." Opal praised. "Steel moves work well against fairy types as well as Poison moves. You clearly earned the Fairy Badge."

Misty received a golden piece with pink designs on it. She was happy. "I have the Fairy Badge. That's badge number 5!"

Meanwhile, in the Kalos Region, Sting is set to wrap up his Gym Battle in Coumarine City.

"Go for it, Fletchinder!" Sting calls out. " Flame Charge!"

Fletchinder flares up and strikes a Gogoat. The fire caused Gogoat to faint.

"Gogoat is unable to battle." The referee announced . "Fletchinder wins. The winner of the Gym Battle is Sting from Dream Valley!"

" Great work, Fletchinder!" Sting calls out. "I'm proud of you."

Fletchinder squawks happily. Gym Leader Ramis recalls Gogoat.

"Your bond with your Pokémon is a lovely sight." Ramos said. "You truly earned the Plant Badge."

"Thank you, Ramos." Sting replied.

Sting left the gym happily. He has half the badges he needs. Now, he's ready for the second half of his quest. "Next stop: Lumiose City!'

End of Chapter 24


MISTY
Mudsdale
Klang
Meowstic
Binacle
Litwick
Centiskorch

At the Sanctuary
Inteleon
Corviknight
Ninetales
Drifloon
Impidimp

FIREFLY
Cinderace
Charjabug
Carkol
Toxtricity

PARADISE
Rillaboom
Linoone(Galarian)
Boltund
Drednaw
Sinistea

PreviousChapters Next