• Published 11th Jan 2023
  • 402 Views, 20 Comments

Misty's Adventures in Galar - Brian Sheil



A young school girl who's down on her luck is ready to go on a journey in the world of Pokémon

  • ...
 20
 402

PreviousChapters Next
28. Gym Battle 6-Misty vs. Gordie

Author's Note:

It's time for Misty's sixth gym battle.

The next day, Misty got up and got ready for her gym Battle. As she and her friends arrive at the Stadium, Hope walked out disappointed.

"Gordie is tougher than I thought." Hop said sadly.

"You mean, you didn't defeat him?" Misty asked.

"Nope. I think my team needs more training. Lots of luck."

As Hop left to train his Pokémon for a rematch, the girls got nervous.

"Sounds like the sixth gym leader sounds tough." Paradise said.

"Maybe." Misty replied. "But, I made it this far. After fighting Milo, Nessa, Kabu, Bea, and Opal, I won't let anything get in my way."

"Not even Hydia and her daughters can stop you!" Firefly cheered.

"You said it, Firefly. Now, time to change into my challenger outfit!"

Misty walks off to change clothes while Firefly and Paradise make their way to the stands. Misty is soon handed a strange looking device. After entering the arena, Alex was waiting for her to explain the gym mission.

"On this sandy field," Alex explained, "there are pitfalls all around. This device that looks like tuning forks tells you if you're close to one of them."

"So, all I have to do is avoid those pitfalls." Misty said.

"Yes. Now, let the mission begin."

With the device in hand, Misty walks carefully on the terrain. Her device vibrates if she's near a pitfall. The stronger the vibration, the closer she is. She made it past two areas. But, the third area feels like a sandstorm. Fortunately, Misty kept a cool head, and moved cautiously. When she reached the other side, the sandstorm stopped, and the pitfalls were revealed. The important thing is that now, Misty is ready for the gym battle.

In the stands of the arena. Many people are awaiting this event. In steps a young girl with red and blue striped hair. She wore a red short sleeve flannel shirt, blue denim shorts, and brown boots. After adjusting her glasses, she makes an announcement. "Hello, Pokémon fans. Welcome to the Circhester Stadium. I'm your MC: Moondancer. And, here are our competitors."

Everyone is excited as Moondancer points to the right. "In this corner, with a body as hard as rocks, the Circhester gym leader, Gordie!"

Gordie comes out as the audience cheers. Moondancer then points to the left. "In this corner, ready to add to her five gym badges, from Canterlot City, Misty Brightdawn!"

Misty comes out and receives a good amount of applause. Hidden in the audience is a hefty red haired woman wearing a purple dress.

"So, that's this girl my dears told me about." The woman said to herself. "Let's see what she's capable of."

Down in the arena, a male black haired construction worker comes out to act as a referee. "This will be a four on four battle. And, it will end when all of one trainer's Pokémon are unable to continue. Also, only the challenger can substitute Pokémon."

"Here's my first choice." Gordie said. "Come out, Barbaracle!"

A strong Barbaracle comes out. Misty makes her first choice. "Let's go, Klang!"

Her Gear Pokémon popped out as the worker makes an announcement. "Let the battle begin!"

"Barbaracle," Gordie said, "use Mud Slap!"

Barbaracle shout out a batch of mud. Misty quickly reacted. "Dodge it quick!"

Klink barely avoided the mud shot at it. Gordie struck again. "Use Ancient Power!"

Barbaracle struck Klang with rocks. But, being a steel type, Klang wasn't effected that badly.

"Now, it's our turn to go on the offensive." Misty announced. "Klang, use Automize!"

Klang increased it's speed. Misty gave it another command. "Now, Gear Grind!'

With it's speed increased, Klang unleashed it's gears to grind on Barbaracle. Soon, the Collective Pokémon fainted.

"Barbaracle is unable to battle." The worker announced. "Klang wins!"

Gordie is feeling the pressure as Misty claims her first victory in this battle." Moondancer said.

"Return, Barbaracle." Gordie said as he prepares his next choice. "You're up, Shuckle."

Out poppedva shell with a tubular head and legs sticking out. Misty used her Pokédex to study about this critter.

Shuckle, the Mold Pokémon. The Pokédex said. It stores berries in it's shell so it will always have a good supply.

"Klang, return." Misty said. She makes her next choice. "You're up, Barbaracle!"

As Barbaracle comes out, Gordie had a shock. "You have a Barbaracle too?"

"Surprised?" Misty replied.

"A bit. But, I'll still beat it. Shuckle, Stone Edge!"

Shuckle caused stones to rise up and strike Barbaracle. This got Misty nervous. "Let's go, Barbaracle. Use Water Gun!"

Barbaracle fired a stream of water. But, Gordie was ready. "Dodge, then use Stone Edge again!"

After avoiding the Water Gun attack, Shuckle used Stone Edge. It was so powerful, Barbaracle fell on to the ground, and fainted.

"Barbaracle is unable to battle." The worker announced. "Shuckle wins."

"Poor Misty." Moondancer said. "Is she going to hit rock bottom from here?"

"No way!" Misty replied as she recalls her Barbaracle. "Let's go, Mudsdale!"

Mudsdale comes out, ready to battle. Gordie is not impressed. "My Shuckle took down your Barbaracle. Let's see how this Pokémon will fare. Shuckle, Rock Slide!"

Shuckle makes a bunch of rocks rain down on Mudsdale. Misty is determined to win this. "Mudsdale, use Double Kick!"

Using it's back legs, Mudsdale kicks Shuckle so hard, the Mold Pokémon soon fainted.

"Shuckle is unable to battle." The worker announced. "Mudsdale wins!"

"That's a great comeback as Mudsdale puts it's right hoof forward." Moondancer said.

Gordie recalls his Shuckle and makes another decision. "Let's see how Mudsdale handles this. Go, Stonjourner!"

A big rock monolith emerged which has Misty gets out her Pokédex.

Stonjourner, the Big Rock Pokémon. Said the Pokédex.It looks like it watches over acres of land.

"I'm sticking with Mudsdale." Misty said.

"Suit yourself." Gordie replied. "Stonjourner, use Stomp."

Raising one of it's massive legs, Stonjourner prepared to stomp down on Mudsdale. But, the Draft Horse Pokémon quickly avoided the impact. Misty makes her move. "Okay, Mudsdale. Use High Horsepower!"

Energizing it's legs, Mudsdale stomped on the ground, sending energy toward Stonjourner. The energy hit the Big Rock Pokémon so hard, it fell down and fainted.

"Stonjourner is unable to battle." The worker announced. "Mudsdale wins!"

"WOW!" Moondancer gasped. "Stonjourner fell down hard as Mudsdale claims another victory."

Gordie recalls his Stonjourner and faces Misty. "That Mudsdale of yours is quite powerful. Especially with that High Horsepower move."

"Thanks, Gordie." Misty replied.

"Either way, here's my last Pokémon. Go Colossal!"

Out came a large coal creature with coals on it's back that are flaring up. Misty got out her Pokédex.

Coalossal, the Coal Pokémon and the evolved form of Carkol. The Pokédex said.
Invaders to it's mine will be incinerated by the flames from the coals on it's back.

In the stands, Firefly was in awe at the sight of this Pokémon. "Wow! So, that's what my Carkol will evolve into."

Opaline and Squirk watch with equal interest.

"Gordie's last Pokémon." Opaline said. "How will you face this challenge, Misty?"

Misty looked at Coalossal, and came up with a plan.

"Mudsdale, return." Misty said as she makes her next choice. "Let's go, Inteleon!"

Inteleon came out for battle. Gordie soon recalled Coalossal, and had the ball grow super big. "It's Gigantamax time!"

He threw the giant Poké Ball up, and Coalossal came out and grew to giant proportions. Misty did the same for her Inteleon. "Dynamax!"

Inteleon grew gigantic. Soon, this enormous battle is set.

"Inteleon," Misty said, "let's start with Max Darkness."

Inteleon blasted Colossal with a burst of dark energy. The Coal Pokémon was hit. But, not too much.

"I'll show you a real attack." Gordie informed. "Coalossal, G Max Vocalith!"

Coalossal made a giant rock pillar appear. It then fell on Inteleon. Being a water type, Inteleon wasn't damaged that much.

"That was pretty cool." Misty admitted. "But, your Pokémon, being a rock and fire type, is still going down. Inteleon, Max Geyser!"

Inteleon energized a blue orb of water, and fired it on Coalossal. Seconds later, Coalossal shrunk back to normal and fainted.

"Coalossal is unable to battle." The worker announced. "Inteleon wins. The winner of this gym battle is Misty Brightdawn!"

"Misty rocked Gordie's world for sure." Moondancer said. "She and her Inteleon emerged victory!"

As Inteleon returned to normal size, Misty went to it, and they fist pumped each other. Gordie recalled Coalossal and went to congratulate his opponent.

"That was a great battle." Gordie said. "You managed to get past my rock solid defenses. You have truly earned the Rock Badge."

Misty was given a gold piece with a brown and black rock design. Misty was happy. "I have the Rock Badge! That's badge number six."

Everyone cheered for Misty. Squirk watched with interest. "Great victory, my dear. But, you still have two more badges to earn."

End of Chapter 28


MISTY
Mudsdale
Klang
Meowstic
Barbaracle
Inteleon
Morgrem

At the sanctuary
Corviknight
Ninetales
Drifloon
Litwick
Centiskorch
Snom

FIREFLY
Cinderace
Vikavolt
Carkol
Toxtricity
Rufflet

PARADISE
Rillaboom
Obstagoon
Boltund
Drednaw
Sinistea

PreviousChapters Next