• Published 11th Jan 2023
  • 402 Views, 20 Comments

Misty's Adventures in Galar - Brian Sheil



A young school girl who's down on her luck is ready to go on a journey in the world of Pokémon

  • ...
 20
 402

PreviousChapters Next
51. Time to Celebrate and Reflect

Author's Note:

It's time for me to wrap up this story. And, it's time for a long awaited reunion.

In an arena at Kalos, a Seaking was hit by electricity from an Ampharos. Seaking's trainer, who was Kalos champion Sunset Shimmer, got worried. "Seaking, NO!"

"Seaking is unable to battle." A referee announced. "Ampharos wins!"

"With a powerful Discharge attack," MC Megan Williams said, "both trainers are down to their last Pokémon."

As Sunset recalls Seaking, her opponent, who was Sting from Dream Valley, was pleased with Ampharos.

"I knew saving my Ampharos for last was a good idea." Sting told Sunset. "I brought you down to your last Pokémon."

"That's true, Sting." Sunset replied as she gets out her last Poké Ball. "Here's who I saved for last. Go, Garchomp!"

When Sting saw Garchomp, he got concerned. He knew that Garchomp has ground traits, making electricity useless.

"I may not use electric attacks." Sting said. "But, I'm not out of tricks. Ampharos, Iron Tail!"

Ampharos rushed to Garchomp with it's tail becoming metal. Sunset quickly reacted. "Garchomp, use Dig to avoid that Iron Tail!"

Garchomp went underground to avoid the attack. Ampharos looked around for it's opponent. Suddenly, Garchomp emerged to attack. Sunset followed it up. "Let's wrap it up, Garchomp. Use Dragon Claw!"

Garchomp used it's claws to scratch Ampharos hard. Soon, the Light Pokémon fainted.

"Ampharos is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Garchomp wins. The winner and still Kalos champion: Sunset Simmer!"

"And, that's it." Megan told the crowd. "Sunset had a rough road. But, she retains her title as champion of the Kalos Region."

Sting walks over to Ampharos. "Thanks for your help, Ampharos." He then recalls his Pokémon. "Get a nice rest."

Sting then walks up to Sunset after she recalls Garchomp.

"That was a great battle, Sunset." Sting said proudly. "I can see why you're the champion of Kalos."

"Thank you, Sting." Sunset replied. "Let's get together again someday."

The two trainers shook hands, congratulating each other. The scene switches to inside a plane where Misty was watching the battle. It's been about five days since she won the Galar tournament. She was given a few days to rest. Now, she's heading home to Canterlot City.

After getting off the plane, she was greeted by Opaline, Squirk, and Misty's guardian: Porcina.

"Welcome home, Misty!" Porcina said happily.

Misty was shocked to see her. "Wow! You came to greet me. This is a nice surprise."

"And, we have some other surprises." Opaline informed.

Soon, coming to the scene are none other than Paradise and Firefly. Needless to say, Misty was shocked.

"You're here!" Misty gasped. "It's great to see you again."

Firefly started to cry. "We're sorry we stormed out on you that day. Can you forgive us?"

"Of course I do, Firefly. It wasn't your fault that happened. The energy from the Hammerlocke Power Plant, those Wishing Stars, and from Eternatus is what infected you."

The two girls felt relief, knowing Misty held no grudge.

"Thanks, Misty." Paradise said. "You're indeed a true friend."

The three friends hugged each other. Later, back in her home, Misty dressed up for a party held at Canterlot State Park to commemorate her victory at Galar. Wearing a blue ruffled long sleeve shirt, teal long skirt, and black platform shoes, Misty looks at her shelf. She happily looks at her Galar championship trophy, delivered to her by a reliable service, and her badges. She has accomplished a lot in Galar.

Later that day, the party at the park was going on. Music was played by Vinyl Scratch, alias DJ Pon 3. Food is served by Big Macintosh and Braeburn. At one of the tables, Misty, Firefly, and Paradise were approached by Mr. Charlatan as he explained his story.

"Miss Hydia approached me and went on a tirade." Charlatan said. "She said that you couldn't be trusted. I was influenced so much, I just exploded with anger."

"That Hydia got to you before you went to Galar." Paradise realized. "She's a meanie."

Misty then shook Charlatan's hand. "At least you realized your mistake. And, for that, I forgive you."

Charlatan felt better knowing that he was forgiven. Soon, with a microphone in hand, Miss Opaline spoke to the crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen, let's salute the young lady of the hour: Misty Brightdawn, the Galar Region champion!"

Everyone cheered got her. Even Sunset Shimmer's six friends of the Rainbooms. Just then, Sunset herself and avid photographer, Photo Finish, approached Misty's table.

"Good to see you again, Misty." Sunset greeted.

"Hi there, Sunset." Misty replied. "What brings you here?"

"My friend here, Photo Finish, would like to take a picture of us."

Misty got nervous. Paradise calmed her down. "Go ahead, Misty. You deserved this honor."

"Hey, Photo Finish!" Firefly called out. "Can you make copies of that picture for me and Paradise?"

"Not a problem, my young friend." Photo replied.

Misty and Sunset went to another area. They stood in front of a bush as Photo is ready. "Okay, champions. Smile for the camera."

The girls smiled as Photo took the picture. Just then, Misty got angry as a thought burned into her mind. "Where's that witch and her mean girls?!"

"If you're talking about Hydia, Draggle, and Reeka," Sunset answered, "that terrible trio is right over there.”

Outside the park gates, Starlight Glimmer and Trixie Lulamoon pushed Hydia and her daughters out of the park. Seeing the action, Sunset and Misty just laughed, knowing those vicious women got what they deserved.

"Those girls won't let us go after Misty, Mother." Draggle said cruelly.

Hydia then made a harsh statement. "Let's scram!"

Hydia and her daughters ran away, knowing they won't crash this party. The celebration continues. And, this marks the end of...

Misty's Adventures in Galar

THE END

PreviousChapters Next