• Published 11th Jan 2023
  • 401 Views, 20 Comments

Misty's Adventures in Galar - Brian Sheil



A young school girl who's down on her luck is ready to go on a journey in the world of Pokémon

  • ...
 20
 401

PreviousChapters Next
47. Rescuing Galar

Author's Note:

In our last chapter, Misty was ready to fight Leon when Rose appeared on the screen. He was announcing that he would bring back the Darkest Day. This frightened everybody. Getting an idea, Misty and Hop explored the Slumbering Weald. There, they saw the spirits of the Legendary Pokémon, Zacian and Zamazenta. This lead them to a shrine where they found a sword and shield.
They returned to Hammerlocke where they, along with Paradise and Firefly, went to the Power Plant to confront the Chairman. He said he was giving the Wishing Stars to a Pokémon named Eternatus. Misty is ready to stop this nightmare by battling Rose

Misty prepared herself as Rose calls for his first Pokémon. "Let's go, Escavalier!"

Out pops an insect with two lances. Misty learns of this insect.

Escavalier, the Cavalry Pokémon. The Pokédex said. It uses a Shelmet's shell as armor.

"It's a bug and steel type." Misty figured. "So, I choose Centiskorch!"

Misty's Centiskorch comes out. Paradise was confused. "I thought she would summon Ninetales."

"Maybe when this nightmare is over," Hop said, "she'll save Ninetales for battling Leon."

"What can that bug do?' Rose asked sarcastically. "Escavalier, Iron Head!"

Escavalier charged with it's head glowing. Misty was ready. "Centiskorch, use Fire Lash!"

Centiskorch unleashed a whip on Escavalier. Being a steel type, it soon fainted. After recalling Escavalier, Rose got mad and brought out his next Pokémon. "You won't stop me, young lady. Come out, Ferrothorn. Hit that trainer with Power Press!"

A steel disc with iron balls came out, and slammed into Misty. This got Firefly mad. "Hey! You can't use Pokémon to hurt people!"

"QUIET!" Rose yelled. "I will protect my duty!"

After recovering, Misty used her Pokédex to study this thing. Ferrothorn, the Thorn Pod Pokémon. It hangs from ceiling to fire spikes at passing enemies.

Misty didn't like being attacked. "Centiskorch, use Flame Wheel!"

Centiskorch rolled into a firey wheel and rolled into Ferrothorn. Seeing his Pokémon fainted, he recalled it. "I do what I want! Perrserker, come out! Use Shadow Claw!"

Perrserker popped out and using a black energy claw to scratch Centiskorch. Misty recalled her insect and selected another Pokémon. "Inteleon, you're up."

Inteleon charged into action. Rose got worried as Misty gave Inteleon a command. "Inteleon, use Water Pulse!"

The Secret Agent Pokémon fired a water stream at Perrserker. Soon, the iron cat started to scratch itself. Rose quickly recalled Perrserker and made another choice. "Klinklang, shut it down with Discharge!"

Klinklang popped out and fired electricity at Inteleon. The water lizard zipped away quickly. Misty recalled Inteleon and brought out another ally. "You're up, Mudsdale!"

When Mudsdale showed up, Rose got worried.

"Mudsdale, use Double Kick!" Misty called out.

The Draft Horse Pokémon gave two powerful kicks to Klinklang. The Gear Pokémon quickly fainted. Rose recalled Klinklang and brought out his last Pokémon. "This Pokémon never failed me yet. Come out, Copperajah!"

Misty remembers Copperajah when Bede used it at Stow on Side. She has a bad feeling.

"Just so you don't get any ideas," Rose said as he recalls his Copperajah, "I will up the stakes!" His Poké Ball grew which means one thing. "Gigantamax!"

Copperajah comes out and is a giant standing elephant with a giant trunk. Misty recalls her Pokémon and prepares for her own giant battle. "It's Dynamax time!"

Mudsdale grew to gigantic proportions. Rose strikes first. "Copperajah, G-Max Steelsurge!!"

Copperajah unleashed steel spikes at Mudsdale. Thanks to it's Stanima ability, it's defense has increased.

"It's our turn." Misty said. "Mudsdale, Max Quake!"

Mudsdale caused an earthquake to strike Copperajah. It shook up the Copperderm Pokémon so bad, it shrank then fainted. Rose recalled his Pokémon, and soon realized his error.

"I guess you beat me." Rose admitted. "I was so desperate to power up Galar, I had to do something. Even if it means dealing with Eternatus."

"At least you admitted defeat." Misty replied after she recalled Mudsdale. "Where is this Eternatus?"

"Top of this power plant. Leon is facing it now."

Misty turned to her crew. "Let's go!"

The four heroes raced to help Leon. Rose fearfully saw some surges coming out of Paradise and Firefly. "The energy from my power plant and the Wishing Stars are effecting those two girls. I hope the effects aren't serious."

The crew made their way to the top floor of the Power Plant. They saw Leon and Charizard face a powerful creature. It was long and has what looks like a hexagon tube like cannon on it's stomach.

"Is that Eternatus?" Paradise asked.

"I guess it is." Firefly replied as Misty gets out her Pokédex.

Eternatus, the Gigantic Pokémon. Said the Pokédex.The energy in it's core is said to be the birth of Dynamaxing.

Hop looked at his brother with concern. "Are you okay, Leon?"

"I think so." Leon replied. "Eternatus used a power to make sure none of my Pokémon can Dynamax. Not even my Charizard. But, I think we weakened it enough."

When Misty saw that Leon pulled out a Poké Ball, she was shocked. "You're going to capture that Pokémon?"

"I sure am. Poké Ball, GO!"

The Poké Ball made contact with Eternatus, and absorbed it. But, after a few clicks, the legendary Pokémon bursted out. Everybody was shocked. Misty stepped up. "I guess it's my turn to handle this."

"How can you stop Eternatus if I can't?" Leon wondered.

Misty takes out a Poké Ball. "I have this. Let's go, Dragapult!"

Dragapult came out, and everyone felt relieved.

"That right!" Firefly realized. "Eternatus is a dragon type. So, dragon moves are super effective against other dragons."

Eternatus' claws glowed a bright purple. Hop got worried. "Looks like it's going to use Cross Poison."

"Dragapult," Misty called out, "use Phantom Force to dodge it!"

Dragapult disappeared into the ground. Eternatus missed it's move. The legendary Pokémon looked around for it's target. Just then, Dragapult appeared and attacked. Misty followed it up. "Now, use Dragon Pulse at close range!"

Dragapult fired a blast of dragon energy at Eternatus. Then, moved away. Eternatus seemed to fall to the ground.

"Did you get it?" Paradise asked.

Just then, Eternatus sureged with energy. Everybody stood back. A large explosion occured, and Eternatus grew gigantic and looked like a group of five tails connected to a curled up tail.

"Is that Dynamax or Gigantamax?" Hop asked.

"Neither." Leon answered, and got nervous. "That's ETERNAMAX!!"

The group stared at this creature. Misty then made a decision. "Hop, Paradise, Firefly, let's team up and battle this beast."

"Good idea." Hop said as she pulls out a Poké Ball. "Let's go, Snorlax!"

Snorlax comes out and is ready for action. Firefly follows the action. "Let's go, Wailord!"

"You too, Vanilluxe!" Paradise added.

Out pops a long giant whale and a two headed ice cream cone. Misty studies these Pokémon. The whale was first. Wailord, the Float Whale Pokémon and the evolved form of Wailmer. People often sail out to see groups of Wailord floating about. Next, is the two headed cone. Vanilluxe, the Snowstorm Pokémon and the evolved form of Vanillish. When the two heads get angry, it conjures up a blizzard.

Misty was impressed. "You two trained pretty good. Let's do this. Dragapult, use Dragon Pulse!"

Dragapult fired a beam at Eternatus. But, the attack passed through.

"No contact?" Misty gasped. "It's like the Slumbering Weald. When we saw possibly Zacian first time, no attack connected."

Hop then had an idea. "Misty, the artifacts. They might help us."

Getting the idea, Misty pulled out the Rusty Sword while Hop pulled out the Rusty Shield. Misty pleaded to the Slumbering Weald. "Zacian and Zamazenta. If you can hear us, we need your help to stop the Darkest Day from repeating."

Far of at the Slumbering Weald, a red light and blue light rose slowly and made their way to Hammerlocke. Everybody saw two wolf like creatures approach the group.

"Those are the legendary sword and shield Pokémon?" Paradise asked.

"Yes, they are." Misty replied.

Suddenly, the artifacts floated towards the Pokémon. The sword came to Zacian and the shield went to Zamazenta. Soon, the Pokémon transformed to resemble the artifacts.

"Unbelievable." Leon gasped. "Zacian switched to Crowned Sword form and Zamazenta switched to Crowned Shield mode."

The two Pokémon charged after Eternatus. Zacian struck with it's special move, Behemoth Blade. Then, Zamazenta used it's special move, Behemoth Bash. Eternatus tried to strike at the pair. Leon called for the team. "Okay, guys. Thanks to those Pokémon, your moves are useable again."

"Wailord, Water Spout!" Firefly called.

"Snorlax, Body Slam!" Hop said excitingly.

"Vanilluxe, Blizzard." Paradise shouted.

"Dragapult, Dragon Darts!" Misty called.

Their Pokémon started to attack. Wailord sprayed water on Eternatus. Snorlax bashed into the giant beast. Vanilluxe blew a snowstorm while Dragapult fired Dreepy missiles. The combo of attacks weakened Eternatus greatly.

"I think we got it!" Hop cheered. "Misty, let's see you throw a Poké Ball at it."

Misty pulled out a Poké Ball that's green and white with red teardrops on the green parts.

"This Friend Ball I got from one of the Gym Challenges should do the trick." Misty said. Her Poké Ball soon grew as she tossed it. "Friend Ball, GO!"

The Friend Ball soon opened and started to absorb Eternatus. What nobody knows is that strange energy from Eternatus shined on Paradise and Firefly. After the absorbing, the giant Poké Ball fell to the ground. After a few clicks, the ball shrunk and clicked. Misty picked up the ball, and is shocked.

"I got Eternatus!" Misty cheered. Her Poké Ball soon vanished. "Wait until Miss Catrina studies him."

Everybody was impressed with the capture. While looking at Misty's capture, The eyes of Firefly and Paradise glowed bright yellow. They soon got angry.

End of Chapter 47

PreviousChapters Next