• Published 11th Jan 2023
  • 401 Views, 20 Comments

Misty's Adventures in Galar - Brian Sheil



A young school girl who's down on her luck is ready to go on a journey in the world of Pokémon

  • ...
 20
 401

PreviousChapters Next
43. Championship Cup Quarterfinals-Misty vs. Nessa

Author's Note:

And now, the Main tournament.

One hour later, the crowd starts getting excited again as the MC, Brian Sheil, makes an announcement.

"After that exciting warm up," Brian said, "it's time for the Main Tournament. This battle is between the hopeful trainer, Misty Brightdawn, and the Hulbury Gym Leader, Nessa!'

The trainers walked up to meet each other. Misty got flashbacks from her time in Hulbury.

"So, we meet again." Nessa said. "I've gotten stronger since last time.”

"Me too." Misty replied. "I even switched some of my Pokémon for this battle."

A referee comes up to instruct the fighters. "This will be a five on five battle. It's over when all Pokémon from either side are defeated."

"Here comes my first Pokémon." Nessa announced. "Come out, Golisopod!"

Out pops a Golisopod. Seeing this Pokémon, Misty has made her decision. "Drakloak, you're up!"

Drakloak comes out. Nessa looks at it with interest. "Your first choice is Drakloak, the Caretaker Pokémon."

"Yes, ma'am." Misty replied.

"Let's see how well it fights. Golisopod, use Liquidation!"

Forming a sword of water, Golisopod charges at Drakloak. Misty reacted quickly. "Drakloak, use Phantom Force to avoid that water."

Drakloak sinks into the ground. Golisopod keeps it's guard up. Nessa saw Drakloak appearing up from behind her Pokémon. "Behind you, Golisopod!"

"Now, use Dragon Pulse!' Misty calls out.

Drakloak unleashed dragon energy on Golisopod. The water bug soon fainted.

"Golisopod is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Drakloak wins."

"With a power Dragon Pulse," Brian said, "Drakloak helped Misty earn her first victory in this battle."

Suddenly, Drakloak started to glow. That means it's evolving. Drakloak grew bigger, and it's head is shaped like a stealth jet."

"Look at that, folks." Brian announced. "This victory helped Drakloak evolve into a Dragapult!"

Misty's Pokédex informs her of this new evolution. Dragapult, the Stealth Pokémon and the evolved form of Drakloak. It can launch the Dreepys in it's horns like missiles.

"Congratulations, Dragapult!" Misty cheered.

"Return, Golisopod." Nessa said. She then makes her next move. "Let's see how you handle this. Go, Pelipper!"

A pelican type bird flew out to confront Dragapult. Misty pulls out her Pokédex.

Pelipper, the Water Bird Pokémon. The Pokédex said. It can carry small objects or Pokémon with it's large beak.

Misty thought of a good idea. After recalling Dragapult, she makes her next move. "Go, Barbaracle!"

When Barbaracle came out, Firefly got concerned.

"Why did she send for Barbaracle?" Firefly wondered. "Rock types are vulnerable to water types."

"This is easy." Nessa figured. "Pelipper, use Water Pulse!"

Pelipper fired a blast of water to Barbaracle. Misty quickly reacted. "Dodge it! Then, use Cross Chop!"

After dodging the water blast, Barbaracle's arms glowed, and chopped Pelipper. Misty then makes another move. "Follow it up with Stone Edge!"

Barbaracle made stones appear and strike Pelipper. The Water Bird quickly fainted.

"Pelipper is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Barbaracle wins!"

"May have been an unusual choice." Brian said to the crowd. "But, Barbaracle helped Misty gain a 2-0 lead."

"Return, Pelipper." Nessa said. She then made her next choice. "Barraskewda, you're up."

Misty saw Barraskewda show up and had a thought. "So, your Arrokuda evolved."

"That's right." Nessa replied.

"Not a problem. Barbaracle, Cross Chop!"

Barbaracle charged at it's opponent. Nessa struck back. "Barraskewda, use Water Pulse!"

Barraskewda's water attack struck Barbaracle so hard, the Collective Pokémon fainted.

"Barbaracle is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Barraskewda wins."

"Looks like Nessa has her groove back." Brian said.

"Return, Barbaracle." Misty said. She looked at Barraskewda, she made a choice. "Go, Grimmsnarl!"

The sight of this Pokémon shook Nessa a little. "Grimmsnarl, huh? Interesting. Barraskewda, use Aqua Jet!"

Surrounded by water, Barraskewda jetted to strike Grimmsnarl. Misty was ready. "Grimmsnarl, use Sucker Punch!"

Winding up with dark energy, Grimmsnarl gave a big punch to Barraskewda. It hit the wall and fainted.

"Barraskewda is unable to battle." The referee said. "Grimmsnarl wins."

"Misty came back to hit Barraskewda and claim another win." Brian said.

Nessa recalled Barraskewda and talked to her opponent. "Pokemon like Dragapult and Grimmsnarl were a great surprise."

"Thank you, Nessa." Misty replied.

"Here comes my fourth Pokémon. Seaking, you're up!"

Out popped a red fish with a sharp horn. Misty was astounded.

"Looks like her Goldeen evolved." Misty figured as she pulls out her Pokédex.

Seaking, the Goldfish Pokémon and the evolved form of Goldeen. Said the Pokédex. This Pokémon had a lovely shade of red. Just like Autumn leaves.

Misty makes her first move. "Grimmsnarl, use Fake Surrender!"

Going to it's knees, Grimmsnarl unleashed it's hair. Nessa was ready. "Seaking, use Horn Drill!"

Seaking spins it's horn to tangle the hair, drawing Grimmsnarl close. Nessa then unleashed her next surprise. "Use Water Pulse from close range!"

Seaking hits Grimmsnarl hard with it's water attack. Grimmsnarl soon fainted.

"Grimmsnarl is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Seaking wins."

"Looks like Grimmsnarl was taken down hard." Brian told the crowd. "How will Misty come back from this?"

As Misty recalled Grimmsnarl, she thought of who to send in next.

I could send Dragapult out. Misty thought. But, I think that Seaking might have a way to take my Pokémon down.

She then made her decision. "I know. Corviknight, GO!"

Corviknight flew high and prepare to battle Seaking.

"Seaking," Nessa said, "shoot that Corviknight down with Water Pulse!"

Seaking tried to hit Corviknight. But, the Raven Pokémon just flew away from the shots. Misty then makes her move. "Go for it, Corviknight. Drill Peck!"

Corviknight spins like a drill and strikes Seaking hard. Hard enough for the Goldfish Pokémon to faint.

"Seaking is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Corviknight wins!"

"What a comeback!" Brian cheered. "Now, Nessa is down to her last Pokémon!"

After recalling Seaking, Nessa asked her a question. "Do you remember which Pokémon I saved for last?"

"I remember." Misty replied. "It's Drednaw."

"That's right. And, he's looking for payback!"

Nessa summoned Drednaw into battle. Misty recalled Corviknight to bring out her ace in this match, "Klinklang, GO!"

Nessa saw Klinklang and had flashbacks about how Drednaw was defeated when the Gear Pokémon was just a Klink.

"Since Drednaw is my last Pokémon," Nessa informed, "you know what that means."

Nessa recalled Drednaw. But, she made it's Poké Ball grew big, and tossed it into the air. Drednaw came out and grew gigantic. Misty did the same with Klinklang. The stage is set for a Dynamax vs. Gigantamax battle.

"Let's go, Drednaw." Nessa said. "Use G-Max Stonesurge!"

Drednaw blew water in the field. But, the water contained rocks that would strike Klinklang. Misty has a counter move. "Klinklang, use Max Steelspike!"

Klinklang made spikes appear to strike Drednaw before it's G-Max move struck. Misty followed it up. "Now, Klinklang. Max Lightning!'

The Gear Pokémon blasted Drednaw with electricity. The water Pokémon fainted and shrunk back to normal.

"Drednaw is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Klinklang is the winner. The winner of this Quarterfinal match is Misty Brightdawn!"

"There you have it, ladies and gentlemen." Brian announced. "Misty shut Nessa down and is moving on to the Semi-finals."

The crowd cheered for Misty. After recalling Drednaw, Nessa congratulates her opponent for a deserved victory. Later, at the dressing room, Misty was approached by her two companions.

"That was a great victory, Misty." Paradise said. "Way to go."

"Thanks, guys." Misty replied.

"Come on, Misty." Firefly said. "Let's go see who else will be moving on."

Soon, Misty joined her friends to watch the other Quarterfinal matches. In the battle between Gordie and Bea, Machamp delivered a Max Knuckle to defeat Coalossal.

"Coalossal is unable to battle." Said a referee with black hair and glasses. "Machamp wins. The winner of this Quarterfinal match is Bea!"

The crowd cheered as Misty looks with concern.Now, I know who I'll be up against.

In the battle between Piers and Kabu, Obstagoon blasted Centiskorch with a shot of Max Darkness.

"Centiskorch is unable to battle." Said a female referee with curly red hair. "Obstagoon wins. The winner of this Quarterfinal match is Piers!"

Piers received a great ovation from the crowd. Including from Marnie and Team Yell. In the battle between Raihan and Milo, Druddulon gave Eldegoss a shot if Max Steelspike.

"Eldegoss is unable to battle." Said a referee with blond hair and a bellowing voice. "Druddulon wins! The winner of this Quarterfinal match is Raihan!"

And, the Semi-finals is set. It's Misty vs. Bea and Piers vs. Raihan. Who will face who in the finals?

Stay Tuned

End of Chapter 43


MISTY
Inteleon
Corviknight
Klinklang
Dragapult
Barbaracle
Grimmsnarl

At the Sanctuary
Chandelure
Meowstic
Drifblim
Centiskorch
Mudsdale
Frossmoth
Ninetales

FIREFLY
Cinderace
Vikavolt
Coalossal
Toxtricity
Braviary
Wailmer

PARADISE
Rillaboom
Obstagoon
Boltund
Drednaw
Polteageist
Vanillish

PreviousChapters Next