• Published 11th Jan 2023
  • 400 Views, 20 Comments

Misty's Adventures in Galar - Brian Sheil



A young school girl who's down on her luck is ready to go on a journey in the world of Pokémon

  • ...
 20
 400

PreviousChapters Next
21. New Discoveries Found

In our previous chapter, Misty just won her fourth badge after defeating Bea. Suddenly, an explosion was heard. Misty, Firefly, Paradise, and Sonia rushed up to the ruins. They saw Bede and a Copperajah ramming unto a mural. This irritated everyone.

"What are you doing, Bede?" Misty asked.

"Not that it's any of your business." Bede answered cruelly. "But, I'm on the search for more Wishing Stars. That's why I borrowed the Chairman's Pokémon."

"You can't smash this mural!" Sonia protested. "It's part of Stow on Side's history."

"Shut up, you stupid dame. This eyesore will be out of the way. Then, I'll find those Wishing Stars!"

Misty steps up. "You can't call anyone stupid! I'll teach you to respect others."

Bede prepared Poké Ball. "Oh no you don't! Go, Duosion!"

Out popped a bigger version of Solosis. Misty pulled out her Pokédex.

Duosion, the Mitosis Pokémon and the evolved form of Solosis. The Pokédex said. When it'stwo brains work together, their psychic powers are strong.

Misty called for her first Pokémon. "Let's go, Litwick."

Litwick cones out. Misty strikes first. "Let's start with Will-O-Wisp."

The Candle Pokémon fired the flames from it's wick. Duosion soon got burned.

"You will not win!" Bede said angrily. "Duosion, Psybeam!"

Duosion fired psychic energy. Misty reacted quickly. "Dodge it. Then, use Confuse Ray!"

After avoiding the psychic attack, Litwick's eyes glowed red. Duosion's eyes glowed too. When it started hurting itself, Bede got scared. "Oh no!"

"Okay, Litwick!" Misty said. "Night Slash!"

Glowing with black energy, Litwick struck Duosion. The psychic Pokémon soon fainted. Bede recalled Duosion, and called for his next Pokémon. "I want those Wishing Stars! Go, Gothorita."

A black and lavender creature that looks like a doll comes out. Misty studies this Pokémon. "So Gothita evolved too."

Gothorita, the Manipulate Pokémon and the evolved form of Gothita. Said the Pokédex. They draw their power from starlight.

"Litwick, return." Misty said as she picks her next Pokémon. "Inteleon, let's go!"

Inteleon is ready. Bede is still angry. "You cannot stop me! Gothorita, use Rock Tomb!"

Gothorita made rocks appear and flung them at Inteleon.

"Quick, Inteleon!" Misty calls out. "Use Snipe Shot on this rocks!"

The Secret Agent Pokémon fired bullets of water on the rocks. It continued to attack Gothorita. When the psychic Pokémon fainted from the water attack, Bede recalled her.

"Stop this nonsense!" Bede said. "You must fall! Go, Hattrem!"

Out came a pink Pokémon with a white hat. Misty learns of this Pokémon.

Hattrem, the Serene Pokémon and the evolved form of Hatenna. The Pokédex said. If it senses strong emotions, it can silence you violently.

Misty recalled Inteleon to call her next choice. "Corviknight, you're next!"

The might Raven Pokémon emerged. Bede is not impressed. "Hattrem, use Dazzling Gleam!"

Hattrem fired a flashing light. Being partially a steel type, Corviknight is not affected. Misty takes advantage of it. "Corviknight, use Steel Wing!"

Corviknight's wings glittered like metal and struck Hattrem. When this Pokémon fainted, Bede recalled her.

"I will not be denied those Wishing Stars!" Bede said angrily. "Go, Ponyta!"

Ponyta popped out. Misty decided to stick with Corviknight. Bea makes his move. "You will fall! Ponyta, Fairy Wind!"

Ponyta whipped up a sparkling wind. Misty was shocked at this deseration. "Let's finish it up, Corviknight. Use Drill Peck."

Flying up, Corviknight dove with its beak spinning. It struck Ponyta hard. After recalling Ponyta, Bede heard a familiar voice. "Bede!"

Everyone saw Chairman Rose and Oleana walking towards them. Bede rushed up to the duo.

"Chairman Rose." Bede said. "I'm glad you're here. Tell these unworthy girls that they're interfering with my mission."

"I wondered why you borrowed Chairman Rose's Pokémon." Oleana replied. "I can't believe that you would destroy a historical site like this."

"Who cares about this eyesore? The fate of Galar is at stake. I'm still gathering Wishing Stars for the mission. So, LET ME WRECK THIS BUNCH OF SCRIBBLES!!"

Rose looks at Bede with sadness. "You disappointed me, Bede. It's true, you were alone when I found you. I saw potential in you. So, I sent you to Trainer School. But, to destroy a beautiful mural like this, it's unforgiven. You show no love for Galar. You're not worthy to be a Gym Challenger. For now, you will return witn us to Hammerlocke. We'll decide what to do with you later."

Bede's eyes opened wide. He was shocked. "You're disqualifying me from the Gym Challenge? You're the one who endorsed me. Can't we work something out?"

"No deal!" Oleana said roughly. "We'll be taking the Wishing Stars you gathered!"

Two guards grabbed Bede and carried him away. They shake him roughly, telling him that the Chairman is angry.

"I'm sorry for what Bede did." Rose said. "Our Pokémon Gym Challenge is about sportsmanship and fair play. We'll deal with the lad."

Rose and Oleana left back for Hammerlocke. The girls were relieved.

"Boy, what a hectic event this was." Firefly said.

"I agree, Firefly." Sonia replied as she looks at the mural. "I'm relieved that the mural survived this."

Suddenly, the mural crumbled. But, our friends saw something hidden in the rubble. It was statues of two royals and creatures that look like they're holding a sword and a shield. They started to thinking of everything they found. The statue at Dew Drop in, the tapestries at Hammerlocke.

"This opens a whole new part of our discovery." Sonia said. "It looks like the creatures are holding a sword and a shield."

"Do you think the sword and shield are Pokémon?" Misty asked.

"That's a good thought, Misty. This deserves more study. Meanwhile, you girls need to head to Ballonea next."

Misty and her friends head for the Pokémon Center to rest up. With this new finding, Sonia's investigation deepens. Misty has her own thoughts. With half of her Gym battles done, what will the other half present to her?

End of Chapter 21


MISTY
Inteleon
Corviknight
Ninetales
Meowstic
Litwick
Binacle

At the sanctuary
Klink
Sizzlipede
Mudsdale
Drifloon

FIREFLY
Raboot
Charjabug
Carkol
Toxel

PARADISE
Thwackey
Linoone (Galarian)
Boltund
Drednaw

Author's Note:

With Bede dealt with, the girls continue their trek through Galar.

PreviousChapters Next