• Published 11th Jan 2023
  • 401 Views, 20 Comments

Misty's Adventures in Galar - Brian Sheil



A young school girl who's down on her luck is ready to go on a journey in the world of Pokémon

  • ...
 20
 401

PreviousChapters Next
23. Misty's Heartbreak and Comeback

Author's Note:

Two familiar villains from My Little Pony G1 make an appearance, hoping to stop Misty.

Misty and her friends arrived at Ballonea for Misty's fifth gym battle. After healing their Pokémon, they head for a stadium.

"Nervous?" Firefly asked.

"A little." Misty replied. "I'm not sure what the Gym Mission is."

"Good point." Paradise added. "In Turffield, you had to wrangle up some Wooloo. In Hulbury, you played with faucets to create a path. In Monostoke, you where gathering points for catching and defeating Pokémon. And in Stow on Side, you rode a spinning disk."

"I don't know what Opal will have in store for me. But, I'm ready for anything."

Just then, the two mean girls sprang up and blocked the entrance so Misty can't go in.

"My name is Reeka." The short girl said meanly. "This is my sister: Draggle. And, your journey ends here!"

Misty was confused. "Say what now?"

"You heard Reeka." Draggle said. "You're not moving forward."

"We heard about what happened to you in Canterlot City." Rekka said cruelly. "You deserve to be thrown out of CHS!" Reeka then grabs a Poké Ball. "You're not challenging the Gym leader! Come out, Purrloin! Use Fury Swipes!"

Out pops a cat like creature who delivers lots of scratches to Misty. The other girls were shocked to see that.

"Hey!" Paradise shouted. "Pokémon aren't to be used to hurt people!"

"We do what we want!" Draggle yelled as she calls for her own Pokémon. "Come out, Meowth. Use Headbutt on this loser!"

Out pops a cat with a gray steel like body. This cat rammed it's head on Misty. The mean sisters and their Pokémon laughed cruelly. Firefly stepped up. "Nobody hurts our friend!"

"That girl shouldn't have any friends!" Reeka angrily replied.

The two cats are ready to pounce on Misty again. But, Firefly decided to stop this attack. "Raboot, intercept them with Double Kick!"

Raboot popped out and kicked both Pokémon back to the mean sisters. After recalling their Pokémon, they run off.

"Let's hope that'll make Misty give up." Draggle said.

"That dame sure felt our wrath." Reeka added.

Paradise tried to comfort Misty. She had tears going down her eyes.

"Why?" Misty sobbed. "Why would anybody bring up bad moments like that?"

"I guess there are some people who believe Charlatan's words." Paradise figured.

"Despite what those sisters tell you," Firefly said, "we'll be here for you. So will our Pokémon. Right, Raboot?"

Raboot gave Firefly a thumbs up. Suddenly, it started to glow.

"At last!" Firefly cheered. "Raboot is evolving!"

Raboot started to grow. When the glowing stopped, Raboot became a tall white rabbit with red and deep blue legs and red paws. It had red hair on top.

"Congratulations, Firefly." Paradise praised. "Raboot is now a Cinderace, the Striker Pokémon."

Despite being rattled, Misty takes out her Pokédex. "I wonder what this Pokémon is about."

Cinderace, the Striker Pokémon and the evolved form of Raboot. The Pokédex said. It can deliver a burning kick that can leave its opponents scorched.

As Paradise and Firefly celebrated this occasion, Misty sneaks off to the outside of the village. She sat on a stump in Glimwood Tangle with her head down. She still cried, thinking of what those sisters told her. Just then, she was approached by a strange looking figure. It was a yellow skinned woman with flowing brown hair. She wore a red mask over her eyes.

She also wore a blue jacket over a white shirt, dark blue pants, black shoes, and flowing teal cape. This woman approached the sobbing Misty.

"You're not giving up." The mysterious woman said. "Are you?"

"I don't know." Misty sobbed. "Those two sisters told me that I'm to be a failure."

"Draggle and Reeka. I heard of them. Those two are known to force new trainers not to continue their quest."

"I wonder if they ever hurt Sunset Shimmer like that."

"The Kalos Region champion? No. But, many others tried."

Misty's eyes widened to hear that. The woman continues her story. "Many others tried to stop Miss Shimmer’s Journey. Reason being to make her think of her own bad moments. Do you know why she's champion today?"

"No." Misty replied. "How?"

"Because she had friends to help her through her rough spots. Just like you have Firefly and Paradise. Plus, you have your Pokémon who care about you."

The words of the masked woman soon sank in. Misty soon feel better.

"Thank you, mysterious one." Misty said. "I'll head back to Ballonea now. I'm sure Firefly and Paradise are worried about me now."

The girl leaves for Ballonea while the masked woman turns and walks away. She feels good knowing that Misty will continue her quest. Soon, Misty goes to the Pokémon Center where Paradise and Firefly were waiting.

"Where have you been, Misty?" Firefly asked. "We were worried about you."

"Sorry, guys." Misty replied. "I just needed some alone time to clear my head."

"We were afraid that you were going to go home." Paradise said. "Those sisters who attacked you wanted you give up your quest."

"Give up my quest? NO WAY! I'm going to keep going no matter what anyone tells me."

With new determination, Misty is ready to call it a night as she prepares for her Gym Battle. Meanwhile, in Coumarine City in Kalos, a monorail makes a stop. Passengers got off the train, including Sting.

"Here I am in Coumarine City." Sting said to himself. "Now to heal my Pokémon, then challenge the nature lover, Ramos, to a Gym battle."

End of Chapter 23


MISTY
Mudsdale
Klink
Meowstic
Binacle
Litwick
Sizzlipede

AR the Sanctuary
Inteleon
Corviknight
Ninetales
Drifloon
Impidimp

FIREFLY
Cinderace
Charjabug
Carkol
Toxtricity

PARADISE
Rillaboom
Linoone (Galarian)
Boltund
Drednaw
Sinistea

PreviousChapters Next