• Published 4th Apr 2024
  • 497 Views, 122 Comments

Sonic The Hedgehog x My Little Pony: The Final Act - Part 1: Back to the Multiverse - BronySonicFan



When Opaline gains the power to travel across the multiverse and cause chaos across all the realities, the fate of the whole Multiverse relays on Sonic's hands and Sunny's hooves.

  • ...
3
 122
 497

10. End of the Line

Sunny had her eyes closed, and she still was holding to Sonic tightly.

"Uh... Sunny?" Sonic called out. "You can open your eyes now."

"Huh?" Sunny said confused, immediately opening her eyes and looking around.

However, as she did so, her eyes widened and sparkled in surprise: They were in a place with a red, black and blue background, while thousands of white curves and lines moved around like a river's stream.

Then, one of the lines suddenly began to bend, until it crashed against one of the curves. Several of other lines and curves began to crash within each other, and some of them even merged to form part of the same existential plane. Some of the lines and curves even began to divide, until they separated completely and became independent from each other.

"Whoa..." Sunny said amazed. "What... What is this place?!"

"I know talking about what just happened is probably the last thing you wanna do, but... Remember that FS showed us thousands of lines surrounding us?" Sonic asked with a sheepish smile, and Sunny nodded with a raised eyebrow. "Well... This is what it looks like..."

Sunny's eyes widened again, and she started ti look around in disbelief. "Wait... So this is the multiverse?! IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE THIS?!"

"Yeah! This is were I kept coming to when I got lost last year" Sonic explained with a smile, before sighing sadly. "Too bad I don't know how to go home..."

However, after he said this, the Prismatic Energy of his shoes started to get out of control again, because it suddenly make him slip in the air, before he was suddenly getting dragged away at top speed, while Sunny screamed loudly in panic, but still holding tight into Sonic.

Soon, his shoes stopped glowing, but Sonic was already moving so fast that it was clear they couldn't slow, down, and they were even heading towards one of the white lines, which made Sonic's eyes widen in panic.

"Crap!" Sonic shouted. "Sunny, hang on tight, because this is gonna be painful!"

"What do you mean?!" Sunny shouted in panic with wide eyes.

However, her answer arrived when they crashed against the white line they were heading to, and they dived at super speed through it. Sunny began to scream in fear and narrowed her eyes, while Sonic simply closed them and kept Sunny close to him, although their entire bodies started to glitch.


Universe 220822

The sky opened with the giant shape of a letter 'X'.

After that, Sonic and Sunny fell towards the ground, over a forest that wasn't so far from Maretime Bay, as they both rolled around the ground, ending up with Sonic on the ground and Sunny on top of him.

However, it didn't took long for Sunny to get off Sonic and stand up, shaking her head a bit dizzy. Then, she looked around and noticed that they were back in Equestria, specifically in the same forest she got lost with Sonic and Izzy when she wanted to hang out on Prancing Point.

She also noticed that Sonic's shoes and arm were fine, and if no Prismatic Energy was getting out of control, then it meant that they were on their universe, which made Sunny sigh in relief.

His shoes and gloves were dirty and unclean, though, but she decided to ignore that.

"Huh... Seems like we're back home!" Sunny said with a smile. "I know our friends might be on Mobius now, but if we hurry and find a way to create a portal there, maybe we can––"

However, whatever she was going to say was cut off, because when she turned to Sonic, her eyes widened in panic...

Sonic himself was sitting down on the ground, but now that the adrenaline of the escape was over, his mind immediately started to process back the fact that FS revealed the truth to him: That he is the original anomaly, and that he should be dead right now.

"YOU'RE A MISTAKE!" Future Sonic's voice echoed on his mind suddenly, and Sonic tried to take a deep breath to calm himself down.

He suddenly started to hear his own heartbeat, although it was going at normal speed for now, but his mind was going to change that.

"If you never arrived to Equestria, Opaline would've never had recruited Eggman, he would've never found the Paradox Prism, and Opaline wouldn't be doing everything she's doing!" Future Sonic's voice echoed on his mind again.

Sonic's breath started to increase, and his heart started to beat slightly faster.

However, Sunny still noticed his strange attitude and worried. "Sonic?"

"If not for our friends' death, most of us wouldn't be here, Sonic..." Boom Sonic played out on his mind as well, while he started to breath even more heavily, his heart beat faster, and he ended up grabbing his head, as his quills turned on with his powers.

This made Sunny's eyes widen in panic, so she rushed to help him stand and placed a hoof on his shoulder. "Sonic! What's wrong?!" She called out again, but Sonic kept breathing heavily, while more PTSD from the fight in the train with FS and the Society popped on his mind.

He was having a panic attack again.

"I will rule over the entire multiverse, and every critter will kneel to me... AND ADORE ME AS THEIR QUEEN!" Opaline's voice from that sudden vision popped up as well, and Sonic's breath got even worse, as well as the speed of his heartbeat.

He was reaching a point where he could feel he was missing air, even if he wasn't.

"You have a choice between saving one person, and saving an entire world!" Future Sonic's voice echoed again, and Sonic grabbed his neck now, because he seriously couldn't feel like breathing anymore.

"We can do both! We've always––" Sonic's voice echoes on his own mind, and Sunny was hugging him tightly, hopping it would calm him down a bit, but it didn't.

"Not always..." Boom Sonic's voice echoes as well. "Bad things are gonna happen. It makes us who we are!" It echoed again, and Sonic was starting to see that vision of Opaline killing Tails and Hitch again, which only increased his heartbeat and his breathing accelerating.

"I... I didn't know... How to tell you..." Sunset's voice echoed as well, and while Sonic's panic attack only got worse, Sunny was loosing it, not knowing what to do so he could calm down anymore...

At least not at first, because she suddenly remembered something, something that worked the last time Sonic had a panic attack.

"Well... Here comes nothing..." Sunny muttered with concern.

"You were never supposed to arrive to Equestria! You were never supposed to meet those ponies!" Future Sonic's voice still echoed on Sonic's mind, making his breath increase more and more.

However, the soft tact of someone resting their head on his legs finally made the voices on his mind stop echoing at a slow paste, while his breath also started to slow down, as well as his heartbeat. He moved his right hand and then placed it over Sunny's head, because she did exactly what Pipp when he had his first panic attack about a year and 6 months ago.

Sonic couldn't hear his heartbeat anymore, and the voices on his head stopped talking as well, which made him sigh in relief and slowly smile, before looking down at the mare on his legs.

"...Thank you, Sunny..." Sonic thanked her with an honest smile.

Sunny smiled back slightly, but then slowly raised her head and looked at Sonic with concern. "What is it this time? What got into you like that?"

Sonic let out another sigh and looked down at his hands. "While I dragged the Society and FS away from the HQ... I got on FS' nerves and... He revealed things to me... Things that change everything the way we know them..."

"What kind of things?" Sunny asked concerned, and she was scared to hear the answer.

Sonic let out another sigh, then looked over at her. "...I... I'm the original anomaly... The very first mistake that happened to the multiverse..." He revealed, as he snorted with a broken tone, while tears wanted to fall down his cheeks.

Sunny's eyes widened after hearing this, and now her heartbeat increased. "W-What?!" She exclaimed loudly, then frowned in anger. "W-What kind of blasphemy is that?!"

Sonic chuckled and wiped out some more tears that started to fall after hearing Sunny saying that the way she did. "The day that Eggman created that machine... It's purpose was to sent me to other universe, just like Egghead planned..."

"Well, yeah. That's how you came to Equestria." Sunny pointed out.

"And that's exactly the problem..." Sonic replied suddenly, and Sunny was taken aback by that answer. "The machine was supposed to fail, to leave the Emeralds powerless... And to kill me... That is the Canon Event I broke..."

Sunny gasped and covered her mouth with a hoof, even taking a few more steps back. She couldn't believe what she was hearing, and she definitely didn't wanted to believe it.

"W-What are you implying?" Sunny asked with a trembling voice and trembling lips as well.

"I've should never had met you..." Sonic said, but he didn't said it with the intention of hurting Sunny, even if he did. "I should've never had met any of you... I should've died..."

"Sonic, that is not––" Sunny tried to say.

"If I never arrived here, you'll still had brought magic back without my help..." Sonic pointed out, more tears rolling down his cheeks. "In other worlds you did so, why would we be different?"

"Hey, that is not true––" Sunny tried to assure him with a slight frown.

"BUT IT IS!" Sonic snapped at her, and even though his expression was broken and sad, with tears still rolling down his cheeks, his electrical powers showed up as well, and that made Sunny flinch. "If I died, Opaline wouldn't had ever found the Emeralds! She would've never saved Eggman from his cell, Eggman would've never had caused so much damage to Equestria, he wouldn't hade made Sage, and Sage wouldn't had found the same Paradox Prism I destroyed that Opaline is gathering to destroy every single reality now! Don't you see it, Sunny?! MY WHOLE MISERABLE EXISTENCE IS A MISTAKE!!!"

After Sonic shouted this, and Sunny's ears lowered with wide eyes and a panicked expression, the blue blur started to take deep breaths to calm himself down.

His heartbeat wasn't increasing, that was good; and he could still feel his breath, that was also good; heck, his powers even disappeared at this point. It was all good news, right? Well... Not when Sonic ended up falling to his knees, his tears came out even faster than ever...

And then, not being able to keep holding his frustration, he let out a loud cry of pain.

However, this cry came along with his powers suddenly activating again and sending a massive electrical explosion all across Maretime Bay... No, all across Equestria, because his wave was so powerful that it acted like a PEM that shut down all the electricity in the magical land.

At least for 3 or 4 seconds, because it immediately came back.

Still, it didn't changed Sonic's messed up state: He was on his knees, crying, sobbing loudly, his powers were not visible anymore, but occasional electrical sparks came out of his body.

Sunny created a shield around herself to protect herself from Sonic's outburst, but when she heard him sobbing and crying, even covering his face with his hands, she really got worried, so she deactivated her shield and slowly approached the blue hedgehog.

She had no idea on how to act here, though. She has comforted Sonic in the past, like the time he cried on Longclaw's death anniversary while everyone else worked on making Canterlove Studios.

But this was different... This was even worse than just a breakdown. This was an existential crisis, because Sonic felt like his whole existence was a mistake, like he was a mistake, and Sunny's heart broke at the idea of thinking he believed that of himself.

She was truly going to kick FS' face hard enough next time she saw him, but thinking about him was going to make her feel even more mad, and Sonic needed to be comforted, not to be yelled at.

So, Sunny sat on the ground, and slowly pulled down Sonic into a hug, one that Sonic immediately returned as he buried his face on her chest, while Sunny wrapped her hooves around the blue blur and rubbed his back, even shushing him a bit so his cry would slow down.

Sonic simply let out his pain right here and right now. He didn't had the energy to joke, nor to pretend everything is fine, because it isn't.

FS wants his friends dead or else the whole multiverse will collapse according to him, but if that wasn't enough pain, now he discovered that he should've died three years ago when Eggman created the machine that sent him to Equestria... It was one bad news followed by another.

And Sunny was feeling bad as well. She couldn't believe that Sonic was an anomaly, that his destiny was supposed to die that day... But here he is, on her arms, crying a river because he feel like a mistake.

And yet, she remembered something FS said about anomalies and how they worked, so then she looked down at Sonic and sighed, before slowly making him separate from her.

"Sonic... You are not a mistake..." Sunny started.

Sonic wiped out some more tears and sobbed. "I-If you're trying to making me feel better..." He tried to say, not wanting to hear Sunny feeling bad for him.

"No, no! Sonic, listen to me: You are not a mistake!" Sunny said, but this time in a more happy tone. "Why else do you think you're here right now, talking with me?!"

"Because our universe is dumb?" Sonic replied rhetorically with a snort.

"Because FS is wrong!" Sunny pointed out, and that did called Sonic's attention, because his eyes widened, and he looked at Sunny a bit confused.

"...W-What do you mean?" Sonic asked.

"FS said that anomalies can cause disruptions in the multiverse, but if you are an anomaly, if you broke your Canon, if you are alive and not dead like you are supposed to be... Then why our universe is still intact?" Sunny pointed out with a smile.

Sonic's eyes widened after hearing this, and his lips started to tremble a bit as well... Sunny had an excellent point: If he is a mistake, if he isn't supposed to exist, then why is their world still existing?

According to FS: When you brake a Canon Event, that universe should disappear entirely... But if Sonic broke his Canon because the machine did its purpose and sent him to another dimension, then why did their world didn't unraveled immediately, like with that other FS' universe?

"...Because he broke the Canon of someone else..." Sonic realized with wide eyes.

"Huh?" Sunny said confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Sunny, FS broke someone else's Canon, just like I broke Firefly's..." Sonic pointed out, before placing his hands on her shoulders. "But I broke my Canon three years ago... And our world didn't disrupted."

"Um, yeah? But what does that has to do with––" Sunny tried to ask, but after thinking about it for a few seconds, she realized as well. "...When you brake someone else's Canon, that universe unravels, because you changed someone else's story... But when you brake your Canon...!"

"It doesn't matter because you are changing your Story!" Sonic cheered loudly.

Soon, both Sonic and Sunny hugged each other tightly in happiness, and Sonic even made Sunny twirl in the air, which made the Earth Pony mare squeal in surprise, but still giggled, and soon, Sonic placed her back on the ground, while they looked at each other with tears of joy.

"Sunny, you know what this means?!" Sonic asked excited.

"We can save Tails and Hitch, and our world will be fine!" Sunny replied happily, as they shared another hug.

However, Sonic's eyes suddenly widened in panic when he thought on something, and he immediately broke the hug while looking down in concern.

"There's a few problems still, though..." Sonic pointed out with concern.

Sunny felt surprised on his change of attitude and panicked a bit. "What problems?"

"First off, FS and the Secret Society are probably on the hunt for us." Sonic pointed out with a frown. "They might be looking for one or both of us. And second: We have to deal with Opaline, and probably with Eggman, too... Something tells me we haven't seen the last thing of ol' Egghead..."

"Okay, yeah, that is concerning..." Sunny confessed, also rubbing her chin while thinking deeply. "But what can we do about all of that? We can't run from FS and the Secret Society forever, Opaline could literally be anywhere out there, and Eggman is in Mobius along our friends!"

"Which is exactly why we need a plan... And I have one already!" Sonic stated with a smirk, that slowly faded away as he sighed. "But you're not going to like it..."

"Yeah, your sigh already warned me of it..." Sunny admitted with concern.

"Look: Like it or not, one of us has to stay behind and distract the Society, while the other goes and warns the rest back in Mobius..." Sonic started to explain, but Sunny frowned.

"Oh, no! That's not up to discussion!" Sunny said with anger, snatching Sonic's hand off her shoulders. "I am not leaving you behind, and I won't let you fight those maniacs––"

"First of all, I never said I was going to distract the Society, you jumped to that conclusion on your own." Sonic pointed out with a frown from himself. "Second: Why do you assume I'll be the one distracting them?"

However, Sunny found this last question stupid and deadpanned with a raised eyebrow, which made Sonic deadpan as well and then roll his eyes in annoyance.

"Okay, fine... I'll admit it: I am planning on going alone" Sonic ended up confessing.

"Ugh! Why are you always like this?!" Sunny shouted in anger. "Why are you always so selfless? Can't you think about yourself and your own good for once instead of offering to save everyone else all the damn time?!"

"Who says I'm being selfless with wanting you to be okay, Sunny?" Sonic asked with a frown. "For the past year, I've been having the most selfish thoughts I'd ever had, about sending all to hell and stay on Equestria for the rest of my life because I feel at home here, about wanting to live with you and with all our friends in this world that feels more like home that the place I was born, about wanting to shout to the air that I don't give a crap about what happens to anyone that's not close nor important to me!"

Sunny did flinched a bit after Sonic raised his voice, but she remained silent and frowning.

Sonic let out a sigh and rubbed his face with a hand. "Sunny... I don't care what happens to me as long as everyone I care for is fine... You think that may be selfless still, but it isn't. I'm not considering if everyone else would agree with me or not... I'm just thinking on what I want, Sunny."

Sunny's frown slowly dissipated, and she began to see Sonic's point, while Sonic himself placed his hand on her shoulder again.

"And what I want... Is for you, for Pipp, for Tails, for Hitch, and for all of our friends... to be fine..." Sonic added. "I don't care if you guys don't like my decision... Is what I want, what I need... And none of you can change my mind."

Sunny didn't knew how to feel after hearing this, but her concern for him only grew more.

"So, please... Don't try talking me out of this... It won't happen..." Sonic said with concern. "I know you all guys hate that I put myself into danger, but is what I was taught: To protect everyone that matters to me, no matter the cost."

"...So you want me to go to Green Hills and warn our friends about the Society?" Sunny asked, still feeling concerned about Sonic, and about this whole plan in general.

"Yeah... I must keep the Society's attention. You go the Brighthouse. I have the feeling there might be something that can take you to Mobius." Sonic instructed.

"Why do you have to distract them alone, though?" Sunny questioned. "They want us both!"

"True, but if I believe that FS thinks the way he does, he'll be satisfied with capturing at least one of us." Sonic pointed out. "He might believe that capturing one of us ensures that the Canon will remain intact, and that if we fail on saving one of our friends, the other one will die by consequence."

"The Butterfly effect..." Sunny muttered with concern. "Yeah, he definitely believes he's steps ahead from us... But that doesn't makes me feel any less worried for your safety, though..."

"Hey, I'll be fine! I've been dealing with worse things that a version of myself out of his mind!" Sonic said confidently with a mocking tone and a wink. "And, I promise you: Entire or with scars, I'll come back."

"Don't make promises you can't fulfill, Hedgehog..." Sunny said with a frown, but also tearing up a lot.

Sonic chuckled and dragged her into another tight hug. "I'm serious this time..."

Sunny snorted and nuzzled on his shoulder, before they broke the hug and looked at each other one last time.

"Let's both go to Maretime Bay, there we'll split up..." Sonic stated, and Sunny nodded in agreement.


Over Canterlove Studios, FS was still watching over Maretime Bay.

After Sonic let out that massive wave of energy that left the entirety of Equestria with no power for a few seconds, FS knew that at least Sonic was here, so he sent Twilight to Zephyr Heights and Shadow to Bridlewood, to ensure he wouldn't escape considering he only had these three cities to hide on.

However, it's been at least 10 minutes since the temporal blackout and there's no sign of him.

Irritated, Future Sonic communicated with Twilight and Shadow through his watch. "Did you checked the locations?!"

"Yes, dad.../No sign of him." Shadow replied with an annoyed tone, while Twilight did it with a concerned one.


Twilight was flying across Zephyr Heights' ceilings.

As she did so, she looked around concerned, because there was no sign of Sonic being around the pegasi city.


Shadow was laying on a tree as he hid on its leaves.

He was feeling annoyed and bored, because what he expected to be a great chase and mission ended up being just a boring universe, at least for him.


Future Sonic growled irritated after hearing their responses. "Nicole, would you sent everyone out?!" He requested to the digital lynx with a desperate tone. "Anywhere... ANYWHERE he might be!"

Meanwhile, as FS yelled at Nicole on his watch, both Sonic and Sunny sneaked in through an alley and looked at FS, standing over Canterlove Studios' ceiling.

"So what's the plan here?" Sunny asked.

"I call his attention and run away. Very, very, very far away." Sonic started to explain. "While I do that, you'll make sure he's gone and following me, then run to the Brighthouse."

Sunny still hated the idea of having to split up, but she still nodded at Sonic with a determinate look.

Then, Sonic boosted to be behind one of the walls of Canterlove Studios, then stopped to take a deep breath, and then brought out a small disc that he found on Tails' workshop here in Equestria, before nodding to himself and then run over the wall, reaching the ceiling and looking at FS with a frown.

Sonic whistled, and both FS and Nicole turned around, just for their eyes to widen when they saw the Blue blur.

"I was wondering what was taking you so long, one-eyed snail!" Sonic mocked up with a smirk.

"YOU!" FS shouted in anger and boosted towards him, raising a fist.

However, that's precisely what Sonic wanted him to do, because when FS was right on his face, Sonic moved aside and launched the disc to FS' chest, which made the disc to let go an electrical shockwave that paralyzed FS temporally, and it even made him roll in the floor in pain.

With this, Sonic made a salute to the his other self, before turning around and boost away towards another place.

"RAAAAAAAGH!" Future Sonic shouted in rage, before making some sided swords to appear from his wrists and then destroy the electrical net around him.

Then, he removed the disc off his chest with a hand and destroyed it, before boosting away as well.

Sunny noticed this, and even if she still insisted to herself that she needed to help Sonic out, she decided to run towards the Brighthouse like they planned instead.

Hopefully, Sonic would be fine on his own. He has survived crazier things before, sure, but she still hoped he'll be fine without her, or the rest of their friends...


Meanwhile, in Green Hills, at night, and outside of Tails' workshop, Tails himself was cleaning up the Tornado.

Since he needed to make his place shine, he decided to start up cleaning, and his friends were helping out.

Amy and Zipp were cleaning the frontal door of the workshop; Knuckles and Izzy were sweeping the floor with brooms; Misty and Pipp were picking up all the damaged pieces of the portal and throwing them into a trash can, while Hitch and Sparky organized some stuff that Tails asked them to put on their place.

Tails was whistling a happy melody as he cleaned up, but once he sat back on the pilot's place to make sure the Tornado's propeller was working, his mind flashed back at years ago.

He started to remember all the adventures he had with Sonic as they travelled across the world over this same plane, which is still technically Sonic's, even though Tails keeps it on his workshop. Yet the young fox couldn't help but feel concerned about his older 'siblings'.

Tails has known Sonic for as long as he can remember. He was just 5 years old when Sonic went to West Side Island for a little vacation, but ended up staying because he met Tails.

He still can't believe that Sonic stood longer for him, nor that he would protect him from his bullies so frequently. After that first adventure, which extended when Eggman ended up crashing his Death Egg in Angel Island, they became inseparable, to the point they consider themselves brothers.

All the wacky adventures they've had ever since have been amazing, true, and he would go through them all over again if he ever had the choice...

But no matter how many times Sonic has survived impossible odds, nor how many times he has defeated gods and machines... He always worried for his safety, and considering how he's been feeling the past year, it was normal to feel that way for him... Hopefully he's fine with Sunny.

Sunny... Yeah, he's also worried for her. She's like the big sister he never had. The way she always watches out over him makes him realized that he always wanted a sister.

Sure, Sonic worried for him the way any good older sibling would, but it didn't changed the fact that he could be a bit distracted with him sometimes. Sunny, on the other hand, always checked on him and made sure that he was happy and comfortable...

Tails hoped his siblings were fine, because he had a very bad feeling that they were in trouble, but he was pretty much wrong and they were just fine... Hopefully.

"Thinking on Sonic and Sunny?" A voice suddenly called out, and tails felt a bit startled, but when he turned to his left, he saw Hitch, who was sitting down in the floor, while looking up at the night sky.

"...Yeah..." Tails replied honestly, before letting out a sigh. "I know those two can take care of themselves, but... It still doesn't stops me from feeling concerned, you know?"

"Oh, I do know." Hitch replied with a snort. "Ever since they left, I can't stop thinking about Sunny... I really hope to be wrong, but I have a bad feeling... I think she might be in trouble."

"You feel it too?" Tails asked with a sad smile. "I always feel this when Sonic says everything will be fine... Is like a fifth sense telling me he's just being an idiot, and that things aren't that fine..."

"I always feel like this with Sunny, too..." Hitch confessed with concern. "Hopefully we're wrong..."

"I do hope that, too." Shadow's voice spoke suddenly, and both Hitch and Tails got startled when the Ultimate Life Form suddenly appeared at Hitch's side, but Sparky babbled and clapped happily after Shadow did so.

"Can you please not do that?" Tails asked with a deadpan.

"I don't promise anything." Shadow replied with a smirk, while Rouge and Omega landed at his side.

"Our pal here wanted to see if you have tracked down Eggman yet, Yellow." Rouge explained.

"I seek for his destruction! Do not blame me!" Omega complained, since Rouge was talking about him.

"No... We've been quite busy cleaning up Tails' place." Amy spoke, as she arrived along Knuckles and the other ponies of the group. "Is the portal still stable?"

"We checked on that before coming here." Shadow replied. "Everything seems normal so far."

"Well, hopefully it'll stay open in case Sonic and Sunny come back to Equestria and check on us." Zipp said with a little smile.

However, as she did so, Izzy suddenly looked in certain direction and gasped surprised. "Sunny?"

"Uh, yeah? She's talking about our friend, Iz." Knuckles pointed out a bit confused.

"No! I mean... Sunny!" Izzy corrected herself, now pointing a hoof to the sky.

To this, everyone turned up and saw that Sunny was flying as fast as her wings allowed her, because she had activated her Alicorn form after crossing the open portal on the Brighthouse to come to Mobius.

However, it didn't took her long to see that her friends were making signs and shouting her name from the ground, outside of Tails' workshop. Sunny gasped, but she also smiled at the sight, so she dived in towards her friends, barely managing to stop once she landed.

Her Alicorn form went away, and then she sighed in relief. But then, as she saw Hitch and Tails running towards her, Sunny felt her eyes tearing up, so she quickly rushed to them.

Soon, the three of them were wrapped into a tight and warm hug, but the fact that Sunny was squeezing both Tails and Hitch strongly made them both realize that she might not be so fine as they believed she was.

"Sunny?" Hitch called out first.

"Are you two okay? Are you fine? No one has come to see any of you?!" Sunny asked them both desperately.

"What?" Tails asked confused, as he shared a worried look with Hitch for a moment. "We... We're fine... But why are you so desperate?"

"And why do you look so sad?" Hitch asked as well with concern.

"Sunny!" Izzy's voice spoke, as she rushed along the other towards her.

Izzy dragged Sunny into a tight hug as well, but Sunny only limited herself to smile sadly.

"Sunny?" Pipp called out. "What's with the long face? And where is Sonic?"

After hearing that, Sunny panicked slightly and gulped, but then she sighed and looked down to the floor with concern, before looking back at her friends.

"...There's a lot I've gotta tell you... And honestly? Most of it isn't good..." Sunny replied with honesty.


On the other hand, FS was chasing Sonic at top speed back in Equestria.

The two blurs were moving wildly in zigzags, over rivers, crossing mountains, and even racing across several forests, but no matter where they went, Sonic couldn't loose FS anywhere.

"For a Sonic that's a fake one, you move way too fast, old man!" Sonic mocked up.

"Shut up and give up, Sonic! You won't win! You won't affect the Canon, and you won't save your friends! Not if I can do anything about it!" Future Sonic shouted in anger.

"Dude, you seriously are messed up and have to go see a therapist!" Sonic shouted back, as he started to run backwards with his arms crossed. "Are you even listening to yourself?!"

"You still don't understand!" Future Sonic shouted. "If a Canon Event gets affected, this entire reality gets disrupted! And if that happens, all the other realities will disrupt as well! I CAN'T ALLOW THAT!!!"

"You changed someone else's story, and so did I!" Sonic admitted. "But my Canon Event was to die, yet here I am! If I disrupted Canon, why is my world still intact, huh, smart guy?!"

That question actually took off guard FS, and he started to slow down a bit, but that was the perfect chance for Sonic to jump in the air, charge a Homing Shot, and then hit FS, who slipped in the ground and rolled in pain, while Sonic laughed out loud and boosted away.

Future Sonic growled in anger, since he couldn't believe he fell for such a simple trick, then pressed a button on his watch. "Twilight, Shadow! Sonic's here! He's heading to Zephyr Heights!"

"I'll be waiting for him, then!" Twilight replied confidently.

"Finally!" Shadow said loudly with a happy tone. "I'll head there immediately to surprise that Hedgehog!"

FS nodded satisfied with this answers, then he moved towards Zephyr Heights as well, and after running for some seconds, he managed to reach Sonic, who's ear twitched a bit.

So, Sonic looked behind and frowned when he saw that FS was approaching. "Ugh! Of course this wasn't going to be an easy escape..." he deadpanned and groaned, before boosting ahead even more, while FS did the same.

Soon, Sonic reached Zephyr Heights and started to run over the buildings, but FS was doing the same, and was already hot on his heels. Groaning again, Sonic started to zigzag, to move to the ceiling and jump from one building to the next one in a desperate attempt to loose FS.

But nothing he did worked, because FS moved at the same time and in sync with him.

"Why am I even trying to run away from a Sonic?! Artificial powers or not, he's still a freaking Sonic!" Sonic realized with concern, but still kept running.

"Stop already, Hedgehog!" Future Sonic shouted desperately. "It doesn't matter where you go, or how much you run! We're. Still. CAPTURING YOU!!!"

After shouting that, FS launched a lasso towards Sonic and tried to wrap his chest, but Sonic grabbed the lasso with his bare hand and ripped it off from FS' bracelet, surprising the one-eyed hedgehog.

Then, Sonic started to run away over the building, but just when he was about to jump to the next one, Twilight suddenly teleported in front of him and tried to hit his face with her hooves.

However, Sonic managed to dodge this attack by making a Wild Rush, and after zigzagging in the air, Sonic hit Twilight's back and pushed her towards the floor, while Sonic used her back to jump and then dive towards the ground himself.

FS noticed that Twilight was falling, so he ignored capturing Sonic and jumped in the air, then caught Twilight bridal style and stopped over a building's wall, sticking over it thanks to some magnets on his shoes, sliding a bit even and then looking at Twilight with concern.

"You good?" Future Sonic asked her.

Twilight blushed slightly at the sight and the tone he used. "U-Uh... Y-Yeah...".

Future Sonic noticed her attitude and deadpanned a bit. "Twi, honey, control yourself..." He asked with a playful smirk, before switching back to his serious attitude. "We still have an anomaly to catch!"

Speaking of him, Sonic was diving at top speed towards the ground, but then Shadow suddenly teleported in front of him. Yet, when this Shadow charged a Chaos Spear and tried to hit Sonic, the Blue Blur dodged the attack and charged his fist on electricity, then punched Shadow in the face.

Shadow fell on the ground painfully while rubbing his nose, and Sonic landed in front on a superhero pose, before boosting away from the pegasi city.

"You can't run forever, kid!" Future Sonic shouted in rage, as he started to chase Sonic again.

"Sunny said the same, and look at me!" Sonic said mockingly, before jumping and dodge a blast that Twilight launched to him with her magic.

After that, Sonic began to run as fast as he could all across the Pegasi City, in another desperate attempt to loose FS, Twilight and Shadow from sight.

However, as he moved, he ended up tripping with a window that suddenly opened, and he rolled in the floor painfully, until he hit his back on a wall.

Of course, Sonic groaned in pain and shook his head, then tried to stand up, but he got smashed on the flor and stepped on his back by FS, who finally managed to catch him. Then, he grabbed Sonic's hands and tied them with a pair of metallic handcuffs that unlocked with a password.

"See? I told you you couldn't run forever." Future Sonic told Sonic with a frown.

However, Sonic didn't seemed desperate, and instead smirked. "Wanna bet?"

FS raised an eyebrow confused, but before he could question him, Sonic's feet released an electrical shockwave that hit FS in the face and made him step backwards in pain.

Of course, Sonic took this as the perfect chance to run away again, and so he did: He managed to get back on his feet and started to run across alleys of Zephyr Heights. But as he did so, he also hit his hands with all the walls he could to try and remove the handcuffs.

However, whatever they were made of, they didn't had a single scratch, and that made Sonic groan in anger, before he kept running away.

He didn't knew what to do anymore: Going with either Haven or Alphabittle was out of question, because he didn't wanted to drag them into this mess, and traveling to Green Hills wasn't an option, either, because his friends were there, and he wasn't going to put them in more danger.

Unfortunately, though, Sonic ended up tripping again and rolling painfully on the ground, until his head hit a wall, and he groaned painfully again.

He wanted to rub his head, but the handcuffs on his hands didn't allowed him to do so, so he had to limit himself to stand up by placing his hands on the wall and slowly climb back into his feet, as he groaned painfully again and then let out a frustrated sigh.

But when he opened his eyes again, they widened, because FS, Twilight and Shadow were all surrounding him.

"Dude..." Sonic called out. "Please understand... Canon can be changed without unravelling a world, as long as the person who affects the Canon is the one that changes it!"

However, FS slowly approached Sonic and closed his right fist, charging it up with red electricity and then placing it on right besides Sonic's face, while Sonic gulped nervously and panicked at whatever FS was going to do.

"I won't risk the multiverse just to prove your stupid theory..." Future Sonic said with anger.

Twilight felt nervous, since she had no idea if she had to let FS do what he's doing, or side with Sonic and at least prove his point, because a part of her actually believed in Sonic.

Shadow? He's just smirking because FS is going to kick Sonic's ass.

Sonic gulped again and panicked even more, because things were starting to see pretty bad for him...


And things were just going to get worse.

Not so far from Maretime Bay, a yellow portal opened in the sky. Then, Opaline came out of said portal and landed in the ground with a loud stomp that could probably wake up anyone, but it thankfully didn't yet.

The Fire Alicorn, who's form was starting to shift thanks to the power of the Paradox Prism running through her veins, spread her wings and took fly to the sky. Once she was high enough, she saw the Crystal Brighthouse in the distance, although she stared only at the Crystal Room.

There, she could witness the Unity Crystals, still shining brightly and spreading magic all across Equestria.

The Alicorn mare had her objective clear: She was here to take those Crystals and claim the magic that belongs to her once and for all. After all, she already was powerful enough to take that magic.


Universe 081114

Boom Sonic was sleeping on a chair in Aurora's room on his home.

He fell asleep as he read a book called 'How to talk so kids will listen, & Listen so kids will talk'. However, soon a light illuminated not so far from him, although he still didn't noticed that.

But when he felt a shadow on his sight, he slowly started to open his eyes, and he found Aurora hanging from a lasso and pointing with her left hand to the window on her room, also wearing the Sonic mask over her head.

Boom was confused when he saw this, but it was now that Aurora pointed outside the window that he noticed the light, so he grabbed Aurora on his hands and then approached to the window.

Outside, in Amy's garden, a heptagon-shaped portal was remaining open, and it made some stuff spread around the garden float as a secondary effect. However, Boom's eyes widened a bit when he saw that Sunset was standing right in front of said portal.

She was previously in Sonic's world, but she heard that FS and company where now haunting the blue blur, and she knew he needed more than just her help.

So, here she is, looking at Boom with a raised eyebrow, requesting just with her expression for his help to find Sonic and Sunny, and to save them from FS.

Boom Sonic smirked slightly at her. "Don't tell mom." He whispered, now looking down at Aurora.

Aurora knew what this meant, so she looked back at Sunset with a smile and covered her face with the Sonic mask.


Somewhere in that same universe, Sunset stood in front of another heptagon-shaped portal.

This one, however, was open in front of a random house in Boom's universe. Sunset herself stood in front of the portal, but then she slowly looked behind over her shoulder.

"I've made the mistake of joining the Secret Society... So I started my own team."

Behind Sunset, Boom Sonic and Blue Buffon were standing and sitting on her right; while Firefly and Dr. Hooves were on her left.

"With some familiar faces as well."

Then, behind Hooves and Buffon, the first Classic Sonic that Sonic met when he got sent to the multiverse, Tails with the mechanical suit from Chris' universe, and Young Sonic stood as well, all forming part of this new resistance that Sunset made up to help Sonic.

Soon, Firefly spread her wings and flew through the portal, followed by Boom Sonic and Dr. Hooves. Then, Classic Sonic followed as well, and then Buffon and Young Sonic also crossed the portal.

Finally, Tails, whom we'll refer to as Tails X, entered on his mechanical suit and moved towards the portal as well, leaving Sunset as the only one who hasn't entered yet.

"I have no idea where they are, nor how to save them..."


Universe 220822

Sonic was still panicking at FS, who still had his right fist charged and besides Sonic's face.

However, Sonic himself touched the handcuffs FS put on him with a finger, and while it slipped at first, he soon placed it back on the handcuffs, and then started to absorb the energy of them, since he planned to recreate what he did to FS earlier, but with the handcuffs this time around.

As he did so, Sonic's expression became determined and confident, not letting FS' menacing look get the best of him, or into him at all.


Universe 081114

Sunset still stood in front of the portal, hoping Sonic and Sunny are fine.

"But I know I can find them... And I'll make up for my mistake."

Then, Sunset smirked confidently and crossed the portal as well, as it closed behind.

"You wanna come?"

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Well, that sure was something! We have finished Part 1 of "The Final Act"!

We have ended this first part with a massive cliffhanger, don't you guys agree? Some of you might hate me now, but this is how things come to an end for this very first part.

Now, like I stated before: From Part 2 on, everything will be original and made up by me instead of being based on Beyond the Spider-Verse. Why? You cannot seriously be asking that, guys... We don't even know if the movie will ever see the light of day, so why wait for that thing to come out when I can do my own stuff?

Also, if you guys feel that Sunset's team made to save Sonic is small, well, I'd rather have it that way. And is not only because it's based on Gwen's band at the end of "Across the Spider-Verse", but also because it makes the interactions to make in one single chapter less complicated.

Thank you all for reading so far, and I'll see you all on June 4th with "Sonic The Hedgehog x My Little Pony: The Final Act - Part 2: Time Runs Out"!

See ya! :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 18 )

Well... That was... Wow... Things are really going to get wild from here, aren't they?

I really hope that Sonic can escape from FS, and I also hope Sunset will be able to reach him in time.

Awesome, and wow, Sunny and Sonic made it back to their world and realizes that they can change their cannon, and looks like their plan to drive FS and his team off is pretty awesome and Sunny went to warn the others about it and see if they can help Sonic, and looks like Opaline is still on the move, Eggman is still planning, Sonic ic caught, and now Sunset has her own time to help Sonic and his friends, awesome chapter there, I am looking forward to the second part.

HOLY SHIT!!!

Well, that's one way to end on a cliffhanger... I really hope Sonic will outsmart FS in Part 2.

Well, there goes several nights of sleep while waiting for the next part.

Anyway, FS is full of Biscuit Sushi as always and he will hopefully get a really hard wake up call.

Opaline’s making her direct move, and I can sense it’ll be deadly.

And Sunset’s formed a team of renegades. Hopefully they’ll be able to help before it’s too late to stop Opaline.

Instead of indicating that it is "on hiatus", it indicates that this Part 1 story is complete.

11885268
Wrong!

"The Final Act" is one single story, I just choose to split in three parts to keep its relevance longer. Part 1 is done, now I'll work on Part 2 and publish it in this same book.

11885270
Well, it would be somewhat confusing, since the poster and the title indicate that it is PART 1 of the Final Act.

11885274
Those two will change when Part 2 releases. Same with Part 3.

Once the whole story is done, the title and poster will both have no subtitle and will be just "The Final Act".

11885278
Oooooooh, you could have said that sooner.

To be honest, I was kinda expecting for Sonic and Sunny to be in the wrong Universe. 😅

11885278
You'll indicate which chapters are part of which "part" of the story once it's fully completed, right? I wouldn't want to forget the individual names of each part myself.

how about knowing what I know from disney's wish in one of your chapters?

But when he opened his eyes again, they widened, because FS, Twilight and Shadow were all surrounding him.

"Dude..." Sonic called out. "Please understand... Canon can be changed without unravelling a world, as long as the person who affects the Canon is the one that changes it!"

However, FS slowly approached Sonic and closed his right fist, charging it up with red electricity and then placing it on right besides Sonic's face, while Sonic gulped nervously and panicked at whatever FS was going to do.

"I won't risk the multiverse just to prove your stupid theory..." Future Sonic said with anger.

Twilight felt nervous, since she had no idea if she had to let FS do what he's doing, or side with Sonic and at least prove his point, because a part of her actually believed in Sonic.

Shadow? He's just smirking because FS is going to kick Sonic's ass.

Sonic gulped again and panicked even more, because things were starting to see pretty bad for him...


And things were just going to get worse.

Not so far from Maretime Bay, a yellow portal opened in the sky. Then, Opaline came out of said portal and landed in the ground with a loud stomp that could probably wake up anyone, but it thankfully didn't yet.

The Fire Alicorn, who's form was starting to shift thanks to the power of the Paradox Prism running through her veins, spread her wings and took fly to the sky. Once she was high enough, she saw the Crystal Brighthouse in the distance, although she stared only at the Crystal Room.

There, she could witness the Unity Crystals, still shining brightly and spreading magic all across Equestria.

The Alicorn mare had her objective clear: She was here to take those Crystals and claim the magic that belongs to her once and for all. After all, she already was powerful enough to take that magic.


Universe 081114

Boom Sonic was sleeping on a chair in Aurora's room on his home.

He fell asleep as he read a book called 'How to talk so kids will listen, & Listen so kids will talk'. However, soon a light illuminated not so far from him, although he still didn't noticed that.

But when he felt a shadow on his sight, he slowly started to open his eyes, and he found Aurora hanging from a lasso and pointing with her left hand to the window on her room, also wearing the Sonic mask over her head.

Boom was confused when he saw this, but it was now that Aurora pointed outside the window that he noticed the light, so he grabbed Aurora on his hands and then approached to the window.

Outside, in Amy's garden, a heptagon-shaped portal was remaining open, and it made some stuff spread around the garden float as a secondary effect. However, Boom's eyes widened a bit when he saw that Sunset was standing right in front of said portal.

She was previously in Sonic's world, but she heard that FS and company where now haunting the blue blur, and she knew he needed more than just her help.

So, here she is, looking at Boom with a raised eyebrow, requesting just with her expression for his help to find Sonic and Sunny, and to save them from FS.

Boom Sonic smirked slightly at her. "Don't tell mom." He whispered, now looking down at Aurora.

Aurora knew what this meant, so she looked back at Sunset with a smile and covered her face with the Sonic mask.


Somewhere in that same universe, Sunset stood in front of another heptagon-shaped portal.

This one, however, was open in front of a random house in Boom's universe. Sunset herself stood in front of the portal, but then she slowly looked behind over her shoulder.

"I've made the mistake of joining the Secret Society... So I started my own team."

Behind Sunset, Boom Sonic and Blue Buffon were standing and sitting on her right; while Firefly and Dr. Hooves were on her left.

"With some familiar faces as well."

Then, behind Hooves and Buffon, the first Classic Sonic that Sonic met when he got sent to the multiverse, Tails with the mechanical suit from Chris' universe, and Young Sonic stood as well, all forming part of this new resistance that Sunset made up to help Sonic.

Soon, Firefly spread her wings and flew through the portal, followed by Boom Sonic and Dr. Hooves. Then, Classic Sonic followed as well, and then Buffon and Young Sonic also crossed the portal.

Finally, Tails, whom we'll refer to as Tails X, entered on his mechanical suit and moved towards the portal as well, leaving Sunset as the only one who hasn't entered yet.

"I have no idea where they are, nor how to save them..."


Universe 220822

Sonic was still panicking at FS, who still had his right fist charged and besides Sonic's face.

However, Sonic himself touched the handcuffs FS put on him with a finger, and while it slipped at first, he soon placed it back on the handcuffs, and then started to absorb the energy of them, since he planned to recreate what he did to FS earlier, but with the handcuffs this time around.

As he did so, Sonic's expression became determined and confident, not letting FS' menacing look get the best of him, or into him at all.


Universe 081114

Sunset still stood in front of the portal, hoping Sonic and Sunny are fine.

"But I know I can find them... And I'll make up for my mistake."

Then, Sunset smirked confidently and crossed the portal as well, as it closed behind.

"You wanna come?"

To be continued...

Music for this moment (from minute 1:12):

"I will rule over the entire multiverse, and every critter will kneel to me... AND ADORE ME AS THEIR QUEEN!" Opaline's voice from that sudden vision popped up as well, and Sonic's breath got even worse, as well as the speed of his heartbeat.

Much better:

"I'm going to take it all away from you... LIKE YOU TOOK IT AWAY FROM ME!!" Opaline's voice from that sudden vision popped up as well, and Sonic's breath got even worse, as well as the speed of his heartbeat.

I want to help sunset save sonic and sunny from fs i am with her and i will help save sonic and sunny.

I was thinking of a sonic x mlp gen 5 story remake where sonic got sent to equestria but instead of him being a hedgehog in that world he is a pony a pegasus but he still has his super speed and has his electrical powers and sonic and pipp fall in love ❤️ and sonics friends tails and knuckles went to equestria to find sonic but they get pony forms too tails a pegasus but still has his two tails and knuckles an earth pony with super strength 💪 but they also still have there electrical powers.

This is what's on my mind and hope that it will be a story for bronysonicfan if he wants to make it it could be a new series for him and he can do season 2 like mlp tyt and have his own season made up by him and with sonic and friends fight a new villain after opaline and Eggman like allure the new main villan of the story.

Login or register to comment