• Published 21st Dec 2022
  • 352 Views, 11 Comments

The Bridge: Alternate Possibilities - Moongaze14

  • ...
 11
 352

What If: Blade Dancer Remained In Canterlot

What if Blade Dancer remained in Canterlot?


Love. One of the most powerful sources of life and magic in any conceivable universe. Although there are stories about the red string of fate and love at first sight, love itself is constantly changing. People who fell in love in one timeline might fall in love with a different person in a different one. For today’s story, we will explore how the love life of the King of Monsters would have turned out if a certain mare had not left Canterlot.


It has been a tense couple of weeks for Blade Dancer ever since the Gyaos invasion. The mare had just finished her training session with the new recruits and had taken a moment to sit down the wipe the sweat from her face. Her ears perked up as she heard the sound of a sandbag being demolished against a wall by a Kaiju turned pony.


Godzilla Junior. When she first met him, he was a prisoner who hospitalized half the guard and gave Princess Luna the fight of her life before being defeated by her. She then realized that he was a friendly, reasonable stallion when he didn’t offer any resistance while being escorted to the throne room. Her blue eyes had taken in his form and, despite his scruffy gray mane, she could tell that he was tall, strong, and ruggedly handsome. She had to court him!


She took her time introducing him to Equestrian history while failing to seduce him, but she had far better success the next morning when the other guards noticed how flustered he was from her constant touching. She was sure he would have eventually accepted a date with her and then the Gyaos came in.


Seeing a stallion she was crushing on get thrown out of the castle and turn into a giant Kaiju that could singlehandedly shred an army of smaller Kaiju apart was the most shocking thing she ever saw in her life! It didn’t help that she visited him while he was recovering and only saw a stallion covered in scars rather than the giant Kaiju from before. She attempted to sort out her feelings by being transferred to the Crystal Empire, but Blueberry Frost denied the request as some Gyaos managed to hurt the recruits and the Royal Guard needed as many ponies as possible.


For the past few weeks she avoided Junior as she couldn’t pull the image of the stallion she was crushing on being actually a giant dinosaur creature. However, she saw him get along with the other guards and her fear of him started to decrease. She had thought about talking with him again, but didn’t have any way to break the ice after ignoring him for a long time. She was brought out of her thoughts when she felt a large black hoof tap her shoulder.


“Hello, Blade Dancer. Is this seat taken?” inquired the baritone voice of the Kaiju turned stallion. Blade Dancer yelped a bit from the suddenness of his approach, causing Junior to give her a look. ‘What an odd mare?’


“No. I don’t mind if you sit with me. Though I’m a bit surprised. I thought you were scared of how touchy I was,” teased the Pegasus as she combated her heartbeat with some good-natured humor.


“To be honest you are the scariest and most confusing of the guards. One moment you put a dull blade in my neck, the next you give me weird looks and poses, and then Starlight said something about sausage and plowing, so I couldn’t for the like of me figure you out,” said the stallion as he scratched the back of his head while Blade Dancer felt her blue eyes shrink at his words.


Junior frowned as he saw her reactions, especially how red her cheeks got when he mentioned the word sausage and plowing. He thought that he made a social faux-pas before he once again got sidetracked by the sight of the Pegasus laughing loudly for a couple of minutes. “Oh, my word. All this time I didn’t know how to approach you because of the elephant in the room, but you are still the same lovable goof from before you transformed.”


He sighed in confusion but smiled at Blade Dancer when he saw her mood uplifted. “I don’t know what you mean. There is no elephant in this room right now,” began the stallion, which only got a chuckle from Blade Dancer. “Starlight is very observant. He noticed that you were keeping your distance ever since the invasion and he convinced me to cheer you up. Look, there he is! Behind the column! Hello, Starlight!” The giant stallion waved at the poorly hidden red unicorn who hid even further in embarrassment.


Blade Dancer felt her cheeks slightly flushed as she saw the friendly side of the unicorn. Sure, he could turn into what most ponies would declare a giant monster. However, he was still the socially awkward stallion that she met weeks ago. A stallion that, despite admitting to finding her confusing, took the time to cheer her up out of concern for her. It was time for Blade Cheryl Dancer to move on from her insecurity and do what she did best. Seduce a potential partner!


“Well, if you want to lift my mood, I was thinking if you would like date. We could meet at the Lucky Horseshoe Tavern an hour after our shift ends” said the mare in a husky voice as she lidded her blue eyes at the stallion. She smiled in satisfaction as a light blush formed on his face and a shiver ran up his spine when she brought one of her wings along is back.


“O..okay. You’ve been a great help for me in fitting in on Equestria, so I accept this date thing you are talking about,” said the stallion before huffing as he felt the mare hugging him. He couldn’t help but feel her cherry-scented red mane against his nose as she pulled out of the hug. “See you later handsome,” stated the mare as she left the place with swaying hips and a pep in her step.


“This mare is so confusing,” stated the stallion as he went to his barrack. For some reason, some guards were hoof bumping each other and receiving bits while others moaned about losing a bet or lamenting that Blade Dancer was not going to be single for long.


A few hours later, Blade Dancer smiled as she checked her reflection on the window of the tavern. Her long red mane was styled with a braid that hung on the left side of her face and she was wearing a silky robe that matched her fur and a blue collar that combined with her eyes. She was dressed to impressed and was hoping Junior would take notice.


Hoofsteps sounded behind her and she turned around and gave an appreciative whistle as she saw the giant of a stallion wearing a black shirt and pants that clung to his muscles nearly as good as his guard uniform did, albeit with a more formal style. Her eyes drank the sight of his appearance before noticing the stallion was carrying a large bag beside him. “Well, someone made sure to dress elegantly. That shirt looks nice on you,” purred the mare before Junior presented her with the bag.


“Thanks. I was going to go without clothes, but for some reason Cached Ire and Blueberry Frost dragged me to some room and gave me these clothes. They told me to bring you a gift for good manners, so I brought a whole bag of dates we can share with some drinks.” An annoyed look emerged on Blade Dancer’s face as she opened the bag and saw that it was filled to the brim with dates. Meanwhile, a couple of mares and a red stallion that were checking how things were going face-hoofed at the development. ‘Of course the alien from a different dimension thinks that the date I was talking about was the fruit rather than courting,’ thought Blade Dancer before she started chuckling.


“You really are an alien, huh,” said the mare with a smile. “Pretty much. Turning in a stories tall dinosaur should have been a big indicator,” joked the stallion before sighing and taking a breath. “Look, since I don’t get the local idioms and euphemisms, I convinced Starlight to give me a dictionary and he got me one that included slangs. I know that dates can mean either a fruit or a step in courting, so I have to ask. Why are you interested in me?” inquired the stallion with an inquisitive look.


A blush formed on her cheeks as she formulated her response. “Well, you are tall, strong, handsome, your eyes are quite unique, and I love dark fur. You being friendly and acting nervous whenever I flirted with you sealed the deal and I wanted to know more about you.” The stallion flushed as he recalled the events. “Guess I know that those looks were you being interested in me rather than being weird.”


Blade Dancer gave him a mock offended look before continuing with her story. “When I learned that you were not from this world and the struggles that you went through as a Kaiju, I wanted to move out so that I could sort my feelings for you. Unfortunately, I couldn’t leave, so I just had to act awkward around you for weeks until you confronted me. You still the same friendly pony even after I ignored you when it was revealed that you are a Kaiju just made me like you even more.” She then stared at his eyes before laying her own questions. “What about you? Why did you accept the date?”


“Honestly, you are the very first being to ever court me,” admitted the stallion casually. “Seriously?! If your Kaiju form is an analogue of your pony form, then you must be a catch!” stated the mare loudly. “True, but the only Kaijus of my species are my siblings,” explained the stallion, causing Blade Dancer to wince. “Yeah, I can see why your dating experience is so low.” This time Junior laughed at her words before smiling at her.


“The truth of the matter is that I don’t know when or if I will be able to return to Terra. However, I know in Equestria I have the chance to communicate with other people besides my fellow Kaiju and experience things I would never be able to do in Terra. Since a surprisingly amount of guards told me to give you a chance, I figure I would try this dating a chance. Maybe then I won’t panic when you give me those looks,” chuckled the stallion.


Blade Dancer smiled and approached the stallion before standing on the tip of her hooves and planting a chaste kiss on his lips. It was not a deep, passionate kiss that she gave to her lovers, but a small one that only lasted a second at most. “Thanks for giving me a chance, Junior. I know this is all new for you, so I’ll slow the pace until you are comfortable. Now, let’s eat this dates with some beer. The night is still young!” whooped the mare as she ran her tail under the chin of the Kaiju and entered the bar.


For his part, Junior stood still from the kiss and the brush of Blade Dancer’s tail under his chin. He realized a bit of sweat formed on his brow, his cheeks reddened, and his heartbeat increased, but a smile appeared on his face nonetheless. “I swear this mare will be the end of me one day. Still, this warm feeling in my chest is worth the risk,” stated the stallion as he followed Blade Dancer and spent the night with her.


Blade Dancer and Junior entered the tavern, she noticed that there were a lot more gryphons than ponies tonight. She then remembered that the griffin tourism in Equestria was high this month. Consequently, the dishes that were being offered that night were mostly seafood with clam as the specialty, which, to her giddy surprise, she noticed Junior was interested in giving that he licked his lips in anticipation. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Cached Ire, Blueberry Frost, and Starlight infiltrating the place. 'Seems like my two friends and my ex want to see how my date goes,' thought the mare good heartedly as she ordered clams for Junior and a salad for herself


"Hey, big guy. Do you need some utensils to crack open the clams?" inquired Blade Dancer. She knew from a previous visit to beach resorts that clams needed to be open with some tools but Junior shook his head. "Don't worry. I have a great set of clam crackers," said the stallion with a confident smile as he exposed his sharp teeth. The words that came out of his mouth, however, caused Blade Dancer to choke on her salad, Starlight to turn an even deeper shade of red, Blueberry Frost and Cached Ire to spit the beers they were drinking, and some onlookers to actually turn around and stare at the couple.


As Blade Dancer recovered her breath, she stared at Junior with a raised eyebrow. "I'm sorry, did you say a set of clam crackers?"


"Yes. My teeth are sharp enough to break open the clams. I remember one American grad student called my teeth 'a set of clam crackers', some of his fellow students laughed, and then my mother tugged him away by the ear while reprimanding him for being rude. "Does clam crackers mean something diff...why are you laughing?" asked a thoroughly confused Junior as his story was cut short by Blade Dancer and everybody at the bar laughing when he told them what he meant by clam crackers. 'It'll take me years before I understand these ponies. Still, the effort will be worth it,' thought the stallion as he smiled at Blade Dancer's laughter.


'This stallion is the most clueless one I ever met. Still, it'll be up to me to help him mature socially and learn some slangs and idioms. I'll be your backup, Junior,' thought the mare as she finished laughing and just placed her hoof atop his.


The End

Comments ( 1 )

This is great. Glad this is back.

Login or register to comment